CAP 16 CAP 5 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pwnemon
toshimelonhead
Korski
reachzero
SlimMan
Yilx
Base Speed

I figured since I already ranked 5, I might as well rank them all.

reachzero
SlimMan
Yilx
Korski

Everything I voted for takes something we like to talk about a lot, but don't really examine in a deep way. What is Substitute? What is Speed? What is a core? These seem like obvious questions, but it's a very different matter to explore them deeply. Like a Vsauce video. It was really hard for me to order them, but I eventually ordered them by how interesting and even counterintuitive I think the result will be. Korski is I guess an exception because it is constructive in nature, but it's still a cool idea and I suppose it's about time we gave these weather concepts their place.

Everything else has, as I interpret it, the goal of shifting the metagame and seeing what happens. I'm not sure I'm a fan of this approach, or at least as much a fan of it as the approach done by the other concepts. I can't help but be reminded of Arghonaut and Colossoil when reading these.

I'm sad that my concept didn't pan out, but ultimately not surprised. CAP 4 and the subsequent policy edicts really hurt the perceived credibility of exploring our perception of power overall, and it's true that it was a lot more oriented toward playtesting than discussion. I still think that it would have been an interesting exercise to see how we could make a Pokemon "feel" the same as another one, despite lacking the latter's alleged defining feature. I'm glad that I at least convinced DarkSlay and reachzero that it could lead to some great conversations.

Base Speed
toshimelonhead
reachzero
Pwnemon
Yilx
SlimMan
<-- nice concept, but sub abuse already has a name: Abomasnow
Korski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)