Slacking Off
SlimMan
Base Speed
toshimelonhead
Pwnemon
Korski
reachzero
Yilx

I too was a bit disappointed at the lack of defensive concepts, but I think we still have some interesting ones on the slate. Substitute is probably the most interesting move in competitive Pokemon, doing everything from blocking Crits to acting as a psuedo-agility. Also, just as an observation, Gengar also runs two good sets which use Substitute for different purposes (LO SubSplit and Lefties SubDisable).

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
reachzero
SlimMan
Pwnemon
Yilx

Reachzero's concept is far and away my favorite. It's one of the best constructed concepts I've ever seen in CAP. It hits at the heart of competitive pokemon and would allow us to deeply explore speed in the metagame. It has been a long time since speed was a big focal point of the CAP project (I'm thinking Stratagem with all the debates over 130 speed is probably the last time where speed tiers were comprehensively scrutinized in CAP). The concept is focused but has a lot of ways we could build a pokemon to explore it. It's also almost a textbook example of how a concept should be worded and submitted for CAP. Overall, big props to reachzero. It's no accident he's such a respected and successful longtime contributor to CAP. Not to take anything away from the other submitters, who did a very nice job with their submissions. But Reachzero really delivered a gem this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)