CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 13 - Name Discussion/Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna suggest Penumbra. "Umbra" is Latin for "Shadow" as everybody knows already, and just like Arghonaut and Stratagem, it's a simple actual word that could fit the pokémon perfectly.

Not only that, but I looked into Wiktionary looking for a "better" explanation, and I found this definition:

Wiktionary said:
Something related to, connected to, and implied by, the existence of something else that is necessary for the second thing to be full and complete in its essential aspects.
I know some may see it as a stretch, but when I read it, the word "scout" was the first thing I thought. You don't need Scoutmon to sweep with your team, but it sure as hell will make it easier to.

Inspektral

Inspect+Spectral. Nice flow. It was hard to come up with something catchy that doesn't sound like a previous CAPs name.

Seudaux - I really like Pseudox and Fauxfox, but they just seem either a little too much of a mouthful or full of x's. Might I suggest the aforementiond spelling which combines the two in a kind of French fashion?

Seudaux - I really like Pseudox and Fauxfox, but they just seem either a little too much of a mouthful or full of x's. Might I suggest the aforementiond spelling which combines the two in a kind of French fashion?
I really like this name. It's quite clever way of combining them. If this name is chosen, I'm nicknaming mine "Nym".

How about, Spirolf Spir is from spirit olf from wolf. It's pronounced spi-wolf

Or: Forei Fo is from fox rei is from Yuurei (japanese for ghost). It's pronounced fo-why.

I finally got a name idea. It's quite simple and I find that it flows nicely: Demonight. No prizes for guessing how I got that name, though it would probably have gone better with Caladbolg's design.

wow...within the first 4 posts of this thread I found the 2 names I'd vote for. Phaufox and Kitsunoh. Good luck you two!

Equinox sounds pretty good, got a good ring to it.

How about Ephemeron (eFEMer on)

Running with the root word ephemeral, which has ghostly connotations, and adding the suffix which makes it sound pocketmonsterish.

cyberzero: Bonkitten
cyberzero: or Bonkit
SgtWoodsy: Well, TF2's Scout says "Bonk" and "Boink".
cyberzero: bonk + it or bon + kit
cyberzero: bonk it is when you bonk something
tennisace: haha
cyberzero: bon means good, kit means cat
Gothic_Togekiss: I'm tempted to sumbit that now.
cyberzero: NO
cyberzero: IT IS THE CYBERS
Numbuh214: yeah, i thought up BONKitsune
As the evidence above shows, Bonkit is the only way to go.

What, there's a Pokemon you want to scout? Would you like to BONK IT with a BON KIT named BONKIT? I thought you would.

References:

"Bonk" or "Boink" are phrases that the scouter in Team Fortress 2 says. Therefore, it fits with the scouter.

Bonk + It
Bonking is generally hitting something. It is the something that is being bonked.

Bon + Kit
Bon means good in French and in other Latin-based languages. Kit is short for kitten which is related to the word cat which is related to the design.

Masquershade
A play on the old concept of masquerades, which were fancy English balls where everyone wore masks, and the word Shade, which is ghostly. States the Pokémon's appearance quite nicely, I think.

Masquershade
A play on the old concept of masquerades, which were fancy English balls where everyone wore masks, and the word Shade, which is ghostly. States the Pokémon's appearance quite nicely, I think.
Masquershade's a little too long, it goes over the 10 character limit.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What, there's a Pokemon you want to scout? Would you like to BONK IT with a BON KIT named BONKIT? I thought you would.
I want to know why we go to all the trouble of voting for something that looks totally badass... then try to name it Bonkit. :(

"Bonk" or "Boink" are phrases that the scouter in Team Fortress 2 says. Therefore, it fits with the scouter.
Because there are plenty of people who've never played TF2, I'd kind of mark this down as more of an obscure reference kind of thing.

Bonk + It
Bonking is generally hitting something. It is the something that is being bonked.
...What does that have to do with it?

Bon + Kit
Bon means good in French and in other Latin-based languages. Kit is short for kitten which is related to the word cat which is related to the design.
When I look at that art, I get more along the line of "I am a badass and very sinister wolf. Do not mess with me." I can stretch that to fox. But, generally, "Good kitten" equates more to something with a lighter color scheme and maybe a cuter - and less sinister - face/mask, y'know? Sorry, cyber. Not buying. :S

I'll back Kitsunoh. I tried making up a name of my own before realizing that Kitsunoh's about as good as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)