CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like KD24's Infinite Attack.
Since there are no pokemon that really uses the multiple attacks as a real options outside story mode. . .

ParadOxymoron's Switchmaster

This idea really needs some more love.

Yeah, I'm voting for myself...

I've got to say though, I'm surprised that so many people are voting for Pivot Point. I can't even make sense of the description at all... "Build a team around?" I mean, come on, that could mean just about anything. I loved Mag's Partner in Crime submission for CAP 7, but because of the general ambiguity of the so-called "Pivot Point," (What does that even mean?), I don't see it leading the project in a strong direction at all...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight's Para-busing tank.

Now that my Concept may actually make it to the next poll. it's time to go forward full thrust. Cease and desist Scarfers, your days are over!

Ah, nuts! I should know this, because I often use a Rain team! And how could I forget Scizor's Bullet Punch? Kingdra is a lot easier to switch in versus something like Kabutops (to give a non-Ice example, but still has a lot of weaknesses). To get an Ice-type frail sweeper in would require a sacrifice like getting in Kabutops most of the time. Maybe Ice/Fighting would be a good type (neutralizes Rock weakness, can hurt Blissey)? You overestimate Kingdra's durability a bit, since though he may have good typing, anything hits hard when you have to deal with lackluster defenses, Life Orb, and often Stealth Rock.
Kingdra is helped A LOT to switchin by its 4X resistances to Fire and Water, and has a perfect offensive dual STAB. The only dual STAB I see remotely as effective, although it would require better prediction, is Electric/Ice. And, by the way, 75/95/95 isn't that bad of a defensive layout, when you can hit it only neutrally most times.

I agree with most of your post but contest the idea that "nothing" resists both Steel and Fighting.

Do Starmie, Slowbro, Zapdos, Gyarados, Tentacruel, and Rotom ring a bell? Kitsunoh too, but it will be unavailable during playtesting of CAP8.

This is moot if you meant there's no one single type resistant to both those attacks, but the same can be said of Psychic and Electric.
Yeah, I meant a single type. If you do not want to give up on STAB, you must be weak to either Steel or Fighting priority attacks.

pivot point by mag and plus

Edit: Kingdra in the snow just wouldnt work. Sure, most teams would have an obama to get the hailstorm going, but what happens when a scizor switches in? Particularly legacy raiders set comes to mind. I once swept an entire hail team because stallrein was broken withing seconds, and from there the rest fell like dominoes. Cursetar is also a top contender for ridding hail from the battlefield, esp cursetar with a careful nature. It shrugs off surf and blizzard and hits back with stab rock and dark typed moves.
Ok, I had to defend the concept against those who said it overpowered, but here it seems I must do the contrary^^
You are simply undervaluing a number of factors. First of all, the typing. It must not necessarily be Ice to work, and even if it is, it could very well have a secondary type resistant to Bullet Punch. Stratagem isn't shit because it is weak to Bullet Punch, right?
Secondary, you are misunderstooding the idea of Hail team. Do you really think things like Rotom-F or Tentacruel can't fit in a Hail team? Do you really think that, besides Abomasnow, you need something more than Stallrein and a sweeper (like Glaceon or this "Snowdra") or an annoyer (like Froslass)?
Cursetar is maybe one of the most threatening menaces to Hail teams, but Hail teams can pack Scizor, Hariyama or a Lucario (specsluke walks all over Cursetar) just like anything else.
Yeah, Hail teams have more issues than Rain teams. But this is why I suggested a CAP to help them.

Hi guys! I'm new to this commmunity!
I vote for Krow's Parasite concept. Health stealing is a very underexplored and unviable strategy outside of Sub-seeding and I'd like to see a change to that.
Kingdra in the snow, Berserker and Can't touch this were very interesting as well, though.

Hi guys! I'm new to this commmunity!
I vote for Krow's Parasite concept. Health stealing is a very underexplored and unviable strategy outside of Sub-seeding and I'd like to see a change to that.
Kingdra in the snow, Berserker and Can't touch this were very interesting as well, though.
Welcome^^ And nice to read from a newcomer something more intelligent than "I vote X because is cool":-)

Kingdra in the Snow

I really like this concept, currently a non-stall hail team sounds like an oxymoron ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)