CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 2 - Main Type Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this isn't your typical CAP project, we won't be having a Main Type Discussion. This is a BOLD vote for the Main Type of our Pokemon. Please post ONE type in bold that you'd like to see on this CAP. The goal is to avoid any factional squabblings between people who want X ability and people who want Y ability and crashing against each other and making horrible typing decisions. It is banned primarily because ability discussion will end up leading to fairly shallow discussion and factional squabbling over what ability to choose. That will all come in due time.
Any reference of Abilities in this poll WILL result in a post deletion and most likely an infraction.

Here's our concept:
Elevator Music said:
Name: Neglected Ability

Description: This pokemon will have an ability [or two] that is currently undervalued (but possibly very helpful) in the metagame but isn't used because the other pokemon with this ability don't have the stats or movepool to make it work.

Justification: This is probably one of the best ways to go about learning about the metagame. Seeing why certain abilities don't see much play and what we can do to make them more used is an easy way to learn about the metagame. There is also the possibility that this pokemon will have a beneficial effect on the metagame and/or will create a new niche in the metagame (or take the niche of an old pokemon that didn't see much play).

Explanation: There are plenty of abilities that we can base a concept around that don't see much play. I'm thinking things like Shield Dust (we all know how much I want a good pokemon to abuse this!), Shed Skin (though Rev has this covered imo), Simple, hell even things such as Solar Power or Forewarn. It would be silly of me to try and list out all the abilities we could use for this.

I like this concept because it doesn't restrict typing or stats or whatever. There are so many possible directions this could go in we aren't narrowing too much down, but at the same time I feel it provides just enough direction to keep the pokemon on track.
Alright people, vote away! The Allowed/Unallowed list in the Concept Assessment will change accordingly. Typing will decide ability - not the other way around.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
We gonna rock down to Electric Avenue
And then we'll take it higher
Oh we gonna rock down to Electric Avenue
And then we'll take it higher

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'll back Electric also. It's a versatile typing that can go in a lot of different directions depending on what we decide to do with it.

Electric

I sincerely hope people do not sway towards Dragon. We do not need another Draco Meterorer or Outrager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)