CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Im "learning" how to play with Syclant, and even though Im having a hrad time in Sweating, its easy to see how many combo expolits one can use. For instacne, an easy one is to use Tail Spin (down.forward medium) -> Medium Fury Attack -> Strong Fury ATtack (well you have to get the fury attacks p much perfect though). Tail Spin -> Ice Shard also works, and the opp is hit by both the ice Shard damages. Blizzard is best comboed into either by Tail Spin or (if you get it perfect) Fury Attack as they fall down.

Good ways to get into Tail Spin -> Jumping medium, Glacier Smash (back strong) and sometimes light Swords Dance.

Syclants main problem is just the difficukty of getting the Fury Attacks in at the right time, otherwise he is a beast in the right hands

maybe i'm just dumb, but is there a single player mode to this? i downloaded and tried, but couldnt get it to happen.
Were you trying to click, by chance? You have to use the keyboard, as nothing is click-based. The standard controls should be WASD to move and IJKL to select/attack.

I'd like to see someone standardise the move names. I'd like a naming system similar to competitive Smash Bros. or Tekken. Like:

Prefix:
1 - light
2- medium
3 - heavy

A - Aerial
N - Neutral
C - Crouching

B - Back
F - Forward
U - Up
D- Down

Example: Fidgit's heavy aerial would be U3A, Pyroak's ducking weak would be D1C. Special moves would have Tekken-style descriptions of how they are performed, like:

Pyroak's Flamethrower: D, B, 1/2/3
Fidgit's Rapid Spin: D, F, D, F, 1/2/3

Just another crazed thought from me!

ungulateman

Ungulateman, look no further. This was already posted by Lurker.

look at your numpad

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

X Y Z
A B C

Y = Ability
A = Light
B = Medium
C = Strong
j. = jumping
f. = far

j.5c is jumping neutral strong

for fidgit, that would be his long-range aerial hand slap thing
Also note that, no matter which side you're on, 6 means forward, and 4 means back.

Some other things I think we should add to this are:
S = Special (Giga Drain, etc.)
G = Grab

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It doesn't matter.

A, B, and C are standard letters denoting light, medium, and strong.

I mean seriously, who would use A B C as the actual controls. Those bitches are all over the place.

Also grabs require no special notation because they are combinations of buttons. Special buttons are generally D.

specials don't have their own button so they wouldn't need their own notation would they? giga drain would just be 246A/B/C

Also grabs require no special notation because they are combinations of buttons. Special buttons are generally D.
Well yeah, but the control figuration for Fighter Maker refers to the extra 3 as X Y Z. Unless they were D E F or somethin'.

specials don't have their own button so they wouldn't need their own notation would they? giga drain would just be 246A/B/C
Isn't the whole point of notation to shorten it. As every character only has one special (at the moment, at least), a single letter wouldn't be a problem.

And yeah, ungulateman, it doesn't matter. The numpad is just a universal direction for all keys. No one has a middle button like what 5 represents, it just means you don't press in either direction.

Sorry, UDan, I'm guessing it isn't compatible if it isn't working immediately. Best I could find were instructions on how you might get Windows apps to run on Linux here.

I've uploaded a video demonstrating some ways to land Supers in CAP Battle considering it's a topic that's come up from time to time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3MMR6V79M

Syclant is probably the most open ended here. Any method you can find to land a weak or medium Fury Cutter is an opening to use Blizzard.
Revenankh's isn't a true combo, but the timing is just so that if your opponent blocks the cross up medium and you use Punishment, their only escape option is to jump or execute a move with invincibility before you (theoretically, I think only Double Team's start up is fast enough, but I could be wrong).
Arghonaut isn't included because he has no way to really combo or setup Revenge. It's really more an option to punish an opponent that's left themselves open.

I hope you enjoy the video!

I wish I could combo like that with my Syclant. It's not bad right now, but it could be so much better. Can't wait for the easier combos.

EDIT: Correct if I'm wrong, C!, but I believe a better follow up for Gem's super is his Weak Aerial. I did some tests, and of the 3 follow ups I know of after Giga Drain (Strong Ground, Weak Aerial, Medium Aerial), not only is Weak Aerial the strongest, but it also leaves them on the ground, so you can get away and set up again. We all know how much my Strata loves staying far away.

But I could be wrong.

EDIT2: Okay, timing is strict, but you can also hit the strong aerial, but again the timing is crazy strict. I can't get it all the time, but I'm practicing it right now. Might now be worth trying in on online match, though.

Not sure if there is some hidden formula behind Vitalimar's special, but after using him, I've noticed that his special seems to do inconstant damage. In a real match on my brother, it did insane damage (and his special charges ridiculously fast, so my brother called him a bullshit character'), but when I just did it against a non-moving target, it only did as much damage as his grab?

I'm glad to hear you're playing some local games. Vitalimar's super is Reversal. To reflect the nature of the move, the damage done is inversely correlated to how low Vitalimar's health is. If he's near death, the damage is monumental, if he's close to full health, it's paltry.

I'll be on the server for most of the day today if anyone wants to catch up with a couple of matches.

Yeah pretty much, it can deal like near full damage to stuff like FIdgit once it is at 1 HP.

Easter Egg: When Vitalimar uses Reversal at 1HP, when he smacks you down on the landing he glows red :)

Anyways, I had some amazing games with Cartoons! despite a bad connection sometimes. We played an assortment of characters vs each other, me being mostly Stratagem and Syclant and him being EVERYTHING. We had a couple of really close matches, especially the last one we played. Hopefully Cartoons! will upload it sooner or later.

Also Imma try and get my router worked up this weekend, so be ready by Monday folks :D

Been stalking this thread for some time now and I have to say, I'm somewhat interested by the concept and impressed by the game itself. So far all the fighters seem balanced in some ways and can't wait to see how you do Kit and the whale.

I tried to connect today but i couldn´t find the server when i pressed 4 on lunaport, perhaps i didn´t recognize it but it didn´t say server found. Does ti have to say something liike that?

Maybe when Kitsunoh, Cyclohm, and Colossoil are released they could be unlockable characters like the ones in Brawl. You'd have to complete certain things to unlock them.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Wow that game looks awesome. I haven't really gotten into playing the CaP metagame...

Maybe I should get started since all of these CaP pokemon are really awesome

GOTO, that's right, 4 is the correct option and if there is anyone hosting, their name will appear in the lobby. Most of us who do still play online regularly, however, usually meet up in IRC on the server #capbattle in order to set up matches. Alternatively, you could simply write here saying you're looking for a match and if you're lucky, someone who can host might see it and could PM you or something.

BunnyMaster, again, the best way to get a match going is through the chat server. I notice you're online now, so if you're interested in a couple of matches, I'll leave a game open in the lobby for the next twenty minutes (I'm out after).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)