CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice Mode was a very highly requested feature, so I'm going to do my best to get one into the game upon its next release. It won't be extravagantly deep, but I'm hoping it'll provide a safe environment where people can get comfortable with a character, practice combos, super setups and all the rest.

Cartoons! said:
Practice Mode was a very highly requested feature, so I'm going to do my best to get one into the game upon its next release. It won't be extravagantly deep, but I'm hoping it'll provide a safe environment where people can get comfortable with a character, practice combos, super setups and all the rest.
That's wonderful to hear. I also noticed that sometimes when I tried executing combos, the simply wouldn't do what I wanted. Is there any way you can increase the time window for executing special moves a slight bit? For instance, it's incredibly tough to get off Revenankh's Punishment and his Power Whip is even tougher. If not (or if you don't want to), that's fine, I just figured I'd ask since it was rather bothersome.

Cheers.

Hey C!, if you are still working on the new version, could you do a little change? I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, but the grabs are impossible to pull off. To expand, I have to press L and M at the EXACT same time or it fails. Maybe you could make the window a bit more forgiving?

That's been a very popular request too. Grab has been changed to a one button press (but the option for two buttons is still there for anyone comfortable with the old system).

I'm also pleased to reveal Kitsunoh today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQtVJvDU33w

The stage they are fighting in is Revenankh's. This was painted by a friend of mine who will be helping me with some of the levels. He has a very refined style, don't you think?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Liking the Kitsunoh's block. on the matter, I actually don't know how to block. Anything I try doesn't always work.

It's special attack seems really nicely animated though, along with that teleporting dash thing that looks like a combination of Double Team and Levitate.

Can't wait for Colossoil now.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow, that looks great Cartoons! Kitsunoh has some really cool moves. And that move that finished Arghonaut at the end looked AMAZING!

I can't heap enough praise on your game -- BRAVO!!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rev's new stage looks beautiful. Kitsunoh looks like a ton of fun, especially its special! Also, the stance of its back facing you gives it a mysterious vibe. And Cyclohm looks amazing as well (especially Twister)!

I too can't wait for Colossoil!

Ooo, so you did go through with the ShadowStrike idea after all, assuming that that hit out of the teleport WAS shadowstrike. Rev's new stage looks sweet, although I'll probably miss the older one.

Also did Arghonaut get some new combo in there aprt from Mega Punch or something?

Very cool, very cool. I left my comment in the video.

Black Buddha made me want to raise a question about the stages. Will the older ones still remain as options? You know, like in Practice mode, will you be able to swap between stage palettes? I know in Multiplayer the background is random.

probably for the best. paddle would have been banned.

Arghonaut has a couple of new combos, but he's not drastically different.

The old stages will still exist in the game and will appear randomly in Versus matches. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to create a 'select-a-stage' feature.

Thanks for your support guys.

HOLY TOLEDO KIT HAS AN AWESOME SUPER MOVE.

This video DEFINITELY makes me want to see Colossoil (and Vitalimar.) FLYING WHALES!!!

And can you list Kit's moves like you did with Cyclohm?

I'd like to remind everyone that the IRC channel #capbattle is still up and running (no thanks to MGX, <3) and you can always come there for a match. The regulars there pretty much know the game inside and out, and can help you with strategies.

I should prolly mention that like, there will be like, 5 people on max. I find good times to come on would be 3 o'clock GMT-6.

I'm looking to try to make it for around late February/early March. Things are going according to schedule so far, but there are still a few things I'd like to take care of before I'm satisfied enough to release.

It's been awhile since the last update, but I'm happy to finally present Colossoil. In this video he asserts himself over Revenankh as the new heavyweight champion of CAP Battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jm-tbS4gYQ

For those who don't know a "Practice Mode" can be achieved by doing the following...

Click the [Option] tab at the top of your screen. Then choose [Game].
Change time to unlimited
Change Matches to 9 or w/e

Click the [Option] tab at the top of your screen. Then choose [Keyboard].
Change player twos comands to 123456789. The 2nd player will no longer mimic you.

Go to VS mode and choose your charecter then choose your opponents.

Enjoy Practice Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)