Tournament CAP Ladder Tournament I - Cycle 1 Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CAP Ladder Tournament I - Cycle 1 Signups

Hosted by dex
Approved by snake_rattler
Adapted from
OLT Signups
Art by the wonderful RavioliQueen
Welcome to Cycle 1 of the CAP Ladder Tournament! If your signup post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be ignored. This cycle will run for 7 days, ending on August 14th at 11:59 PM GMT -4. The prefix for this cycle will be CLT11.

We will use the regular Pokemon Showdown CAP ladder for this tournament.

In order to signup for the CLT, FOLLOW THE SIGNUP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN USING THE FORMAT BELOW!

Here is an example alt account:
CLT11 AltAccountName
You are allowed only one alt per cycle. Unlike OLT, I am OK with you using something dissimilar to your forum name as long as you declare it here.

Here is an example signup post:
Forum name: dex
Cycle 1 Alt: CLT11 dex18
YOU MUST SIGNUP WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT. You will not be allowed to edit this alt after you include it in your initial signup post for any reason for any given cycle. Please remember to register your alt when you make it, I don't want to deal with people claiming accounts that aren't theirs! I would advise you to immediately register your alt account before you make your signup post.

Good luck to everyone! Again, this is Cycle 1 of the CAP Ladder Tournament. If your signup post does not follow the rules above, it will be ignored. This Cycle will run until August 14th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

The CAP Ladder Tournament will have 2 cycles, each 7 days long. The top 8 from each cycle will play each other in a single elimination tournament, Bo3 SS format. The seeding for the tournament will be determined by the final rating of each player in their respective cycle. There is no need to qualify in multiple cycles (but feel free to play on the ladder in Cycle 2 if you qualify in Cycle 1)! The bracket will be determined as such: the player with the highest ELO in Cycle 1 will play the player with lowest ELO in Cycle 2, ditto for the second highest ELO in Cycle 1 and the second lowest ELO in Cycle 2, and so on. Good Luck!

Given that this is a ladder tournament, many of you are likely thinking there are ways people can cheat the system. We are aware of these issues and we will be monitoring and patrolling instances of cheating. Any person found cheating will be subject to strict punishments.
To add onto that: if we have a reason to believe you forfeited or tied a game that you don't believe to be lost or endless respectively, you will be sanctioned.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)