CaPmon Sprite Revamping

We aren't voting yet.

I think it looks good. I'll probably go about shifting and implementing the sprites that are finished today.
I wasn't literally voting.

I think that Fidgit would look epic if one of those palm-down hands seen in the back sprite (the back left one, especially) were palm up and clenched.

I tried to show you what I mean, but I wound up making what looks like an A-OK symbol with the palm of the hand facing me. I'm literally laughing at how bad my version looks, but I think you get the point.

PommyDragon2525 said:
any idea on animating these to make them more like the 5th gen?
No. These are not intended for in-game use, they are intended for the server. The server does not use animated sprites. If an artist wants to do it, they can, but only the unanimated ones will be implemented on the server.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
An update to the Fidgit sprite set. Apologies to DougJustDoug for how much was changed.

You are an amazing bundle of spriting awesomeness, Wyverii! Don't think twice about my sprites. Anything I made got plenty of play on the Gen4 server over the past couple of years, and seeing a fresh new Fidgit sprite is really cool, IMO. I love this version of Fidgit, and all your other revamps too!

Wyverii- I like the way Fidgit looks, however, it's many wrists/elbows just look like straight lines to me, very spindly, and with the size of his hands, they would just about break off. I think they definitely need beefing up. Also, I personally think that Collosshale(sp?) needs a whole other sprite. No offence to whomever made it, but it looks like a wailord repose gone terribly wrong. It doesn't even resemble collossoil a bit. Also, I am IN LOVE with the Stratagem sprite, the only thing that could be better about it would be a bit of difference in posing, to make it look more alive, and a bit different than last gen's. But it's fine like it is, in execution.

I think I am going to take what we have so far and fix them up to be used in PO. I would like to get a new version of the client out this weekend.
Teh_Mysterious_Egg said:
very spindly, and with the size of his hands, they would just about break off.
Them's the proportions, man. PokePhysics is not a huge deal, and for all we know, Fidgit could get his high Defense stat from carbon fiber-laced arms. I think stylistically and according to Fidgit's concept, Wyverii's execution is spectacular.

Rev's done, thanks to alch, dogfish and co' at #capasb for some help with adjusting colours and finding mistakes.

Great work, Wyv. Seeing Syclant posed like that makes me wish I'd stayed closer to the original design in batcap. In the upper torso at least.

Seriously hard work here, especially on Fidgit. I'd like to help out with the Embirch and Flarelm backsprites if we go ahead with the little cup.

Not bad, but I think B@W sprites are less active. You should probably repose Kitsunoh with four on the floor.
It is meant to match the front sprite though, something that it does rather well.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Just stopping by to say that most these concepts are great, and this seems like a pretty rad idea. I'd change Privatyke's name to "Piratyke", considering it evolves into a Pirate octopus, however.

Just stopping by to say that most these concepts are great, and this seems like a pretty rad idea. I'd change Privatyke's name to "Piratyke", considering it evolves into a Pirate octopus, however.
I think the reasoning behind "Privatyke" was that "privateer" is another name for a pirate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)