Ubers Chansey [QC: 2/2] [GP: 2/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Chansey offense or smth I guess
[OVERVIEW]

Chansey is a nonconventional pick mostly seen on hyper offense and stall teams. Its immunity to Ghost, combined with its increased physical bulk compared to Blissey, makes Chansey a great switch-in to both of Calyrex-S's STAB moves, which is especially useful for hyper offense teams. Chansey's gargantuan special bulk allows it to switch in on many threats for offensive teams such as Kyogre, Xerneas, and Lunala. Its great utility movepool, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish, also offers a plethora of options to support both offensive and defensive teams alike. Teleport, in particular, grants momentum via a slow pivot, which is extremely beneficial for hyper offense teams. On stall teams, Chansey has higher physical bulk than Blissey and can support its team with Toxic, Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rock. However, that's pretty much all the good with Chansey, as it is inferior to Blissey in almost every other way; having to hold Eviolite means Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards, which Heavy-Duty Boots Blissey has a better time against, and it can easily fall to Kyogre, whereas Utility Umbrella Blissey does not. Also, even though it has great bulk, it will still fall quickly on hyper offense teams, as the team's fast-paced nature does not give it opportunities to heal.

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Soft-Boiled
move 2: Teleport / Stealth Rock
move 3: Healing Wish / Stealth Rock / Toxic
move 4: Thunder Wave / Aromatherapy / Seismic Toss
item: Eviolite
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Bold
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Chansey relies on its bulk to switch in to many special threats such as Kyogre, Eternatus, and Calyrex-S. Teleport lets Chansey generate momentum and allows frail-but-strong teammates such as Marshadow, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo to be brought in safely. Instead of Teleport, Chansey can use Stealth Rock, putting pressure on defensive threats like Kyogre, Eternatus, and Xerneas, which facilitates wallbreaking later in the game. Healing Wish fully heals a partner who lacks recovery or has been crippled by status, including Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. Toxic should only be used on stall teams, as it gives up momentum but cripples common switch-ins such as Marshadow, Groudon, Zekrom, and Yveltal by putting them on a timer. Seismic Toss's fixed damage is useful to soften switch-ins, and it helps Chansey not be completely useless against Taunt users. Eviolite is a mandatory item on Chansey, boosting its already high special bulk and granting it decent physical bulk.

Chansey pairs well with suicide leads like Froslass, Aerodactyl, and Cloyster on hyper offense teams, as they can set up Stealth Rock or Spikes while keeping momentum. It also appreciates strong attackers like Calyrex-S, Rayquaza, and Zekrom which can use the momentum Chansey provides to immensely pressure the opposing team. Strong Dark-type attackers like specially offensive Yveltal and Swords Dance Weavile appreciate Chansey's ability to switch in on Eternatus and, in return, provide secondary Calyrex-S checks, which is highly appreciated on hyper offense teams. Also, Chansey remains relatively fragile on the physical side, so attackers that are decently physically bulky such as Groudon and Zygarde are greatly appreciated teammates. On stall teams, Chansey is greatly appreciated for its ability to freely switch into Ghost-type attacks from Calyrex-S, as well as taking special attacks from foes such as specially defensive Eternatus, defensive Xerneas, and Lunala. Since Chansey is easily worn down by entry hazards, reliable Defoggers such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Giratina are welcomed to support it. The latter two are especially appreciated, as they keep Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn in check, which are the most common Stealth Rock and Spikes setters, respectively. Despite its high special bulk, Chansey cannot check Choice Specs Kyogre, as it is 2HKOed by Water Spout and can easily lose to Substitute + Calm Mind variants. It should be paired with checks to Kyogre such as Eternatus, which can also act as a Knock Off absorber.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Confide can be used in order to check setup sweepers such as Geomancy Xerneas and Calm Mind Kyogre, but Blissey is generally a better option for this specific use. Moreover, Confide is incompatible with Natural Cure and Teleport on the same moveset.

Checks and Counters
====

**Taunt**: Taunt shuts down all of Chansey's support and recovery options, leaving it only able to use Seismic Toss.

**Knock Off and Trick**: Chansey's immense bulk is severely lessened if it loses its Eviolite, and it is then unable to check most threats like offensive Calm Mind Kyogre and Meteor Beam Eternatus without it. Knock Off users such as Toxapex and Clefable can lure Chansey in and remove its Eviolite. Additionally, Calyrex-S and Yveltal can cripple Chansey by removing its Eviolite using Trick and Knock Off, respectively, leaving Chansey unable to check them.

**Physical Wallbreakers**: Physical wallbreakers, such as Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM, can still break through Chansey easily.

**Zekrom**: Zekrom fears nothing from Chansey: it is immune to Thunder Wave and can use Substitute to prevent Chansey from generating momentum. It can also severely damage Chansey with Bolt Strike.

**Substitute Users**: Foes with Substitute can use Chansey as setup fodder; examples of Substitute users are Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, Bulk Up Groudon, Zygarde, and the uncommon Curse Ho-Oh.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Eledyr, 415367]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866], [dex, 277988]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I think Chansey can still be used on specific stall teams (those fardin stall type of teams), so I wouldn’t focus the analysis totally on HO alone. It definitely has a lot of competition with Blissey though, so you could mention what it does better (higher bulk if you’re able to keep hazards away compared to HDB Bliss, or lacking the ability to check Specs Ogre compared to Umbrella Bliss).

I’ll stamp if you can edit the analysis as mentioned above

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
I added several mention to stall teams, added Toxic as an option, and Confide as an OO for stall teams. Tagging Manaphy to let me know if something has to be fixed ! (sorry for the delay though... :psygrump:)

Manaphy

okie, might need more changes but ima leave that to QC 2, apologies for me taking so long to get back to you

QC 1/2

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I don't think the overview quite states how BAD Chansey is. I want you to explain that it's inferior to Blissey in almost every scenario. Explain that it is extremely passive and unlike Blissey, it's chipped by hazards and can get 2HKOed by Choice Specs Kyogre while ALSO losing to Substitute + Calm Mind variants, meaning it's easy to overwhelm and doesn't get to stay healthy for long in HO teams.
Also, add the 4 remaining EVs in HP because 4 Speed is just kind of bleh.
Content is good, I'll DM you some things about phrasing before we officially send it to GP.

2/2

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
I don't think the overview quite states how BAD Chansey is. I want you to explain that it's inferior to Blissey in almost every scenario. Explain that it is extremely passive and unlike Blissey, it's chipped by hazards and can get 2HKOed by Choice Specs Kyogre while ALSO losing to Substitute + Calm Mind variants, meaning it's easy to overwhelm and doesn't get to stay healthy for long in HO teams.
Also, add the 4 remaining EVs in HP because 4 Speed is just kind of bleh.
Content is good, I'll DM you some things about phrasing before we officially send it to GP.

2/2
Made the changes, this should be ready for GP, as always thanks Manaphy and Lasen for your work :psyglad:

As someone who knows nothing about current Ubers, the overview somewhat confuses me. Given the first QC post, it seems to have originally focused on being a Calyrex-S answer on hyper offense. 1) Specs Psyshock is a very likely 2HKO from my calcing, so is Scarf assumed? It should be made clear. 2) Its place on stall is mentioned first, suggesting that's the primary niche, yet what it offers over Blissey is not explained and QC implies it's a secondary role.

Manaphy

As someone who knows nothing about current Ubers, the overview somewhat confuses me. Given the first QC post, it seems to have originally focused on being a Calyrex-S answer on hyper offense. 1) Specs Psyshock is a very likely 2HKO from my calcing, so is Scarf assumed? It should be made clear. 2) Its place on stall is mentioned first, suggesting that's the primary niche, yet what it offers over Blissey is not explained and QC implies it's a secondary role.
I'll elaborate on this:

1.) Yes, Specs Psyshock does do a lot, however given that most things on HO won't go down to Psyshock and need to be hit by Astral, it makes actually using Psyshock quite a hard read. Also, it's not just for Calyrex, but also for Eternatus, Lunala, and Kyogre sets which aren't Specs. In the first place, Chansey should never be your sole answer to Calyrex, and you're probably pairing it with Weavile, Yveltal, Urshifu, Marshadow, Grimmsnarl, etc. The reason we use Chansey on HO is because it takes Scarf Psyshocks much better than Blissey would, which is usually worth it over the better Specs Ogre MU (as ogre is slow)

2.) I think the role on HO is primary, yes. Chansey's niche on stall teams is on very specific stalls which 1.) already have specs ogre covered (Sdef etern doesnt rly do this well enough, so this is basically Shedinja teams) and 2.) want to focus on having a lot of defoggers for teammates, since Chansey can't run boots like Blissey can. I think the OP should probably mention this role on stall teams more yea
In some defense of Eledyr, he's not a native speaker, so it's a bit more difficult for him:heart: Using Chansey on HO is also just inherently confusing to most people lol

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
I'll elaborate on this:

1.) Yes, Specs Psyshock does do a lot, however given that most things on HO won't go down to Psyshock and need to be hit by Astral, it makes actually using Psyshock quite a hard read. Also, it's not just for Calyrex, but also for Eternatus, Lunala, and Kyogre sets which aren't Specs. In the first place, Chansey should never be your sole answer to Calyrex, and you're probably pairing it with Weavile, Yveltal, Urshifu, Marshadow, Grimmsnarl, etc. The reason we use Chansey on HO is because it takes Scarf Psyshocks much better than Blissey would, which is usually worth it over the better Specs Ogre MU (as ogre is slow)

2.) I think the role on HO is primary, yes. Chansey's niche on stall teams is on very specific stalls which 1.) already have specs ogre covered (Sdef etern doesnt rly do this well enough, so this is basically Shedinja teams) and 2.) want to focus on having a lot of defoggers for teammates, since Chansey can't run boots like Blissey can. I think the OP should probably mention this role on stall teams more yea
In some defense of Eledyr, he's not a native speaker, so it's a bit more difficult for him:heart: Using Chansey on HO is also just inherently confusing to most people lol
Also, I'll try to revamp the overview. I think all the infos are in it, but yeah it is pretty unclear atm. I had many problems to fit everything I wanted, but now that it has been QCed and only needs GP stamp, it's a good time to just focus myself on wording a bit. Thanks for that CryoGyro, it's good to have external reviews if things can be improved :psyglad:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
the is an am check, feel free to implement what you want
add remove comment
[OVERVIEW]
Chansey stands as a non conventional pick mostly seen on hyper offense builds and a special wall on stall teams. Its immunity to Ghost-type im pretty sure this is correct combined with its increased physical bulk compared to Blissey offer to make Chansey a great switching opportunity against switch-in to both of Calyrex-S's STABs, which can be especially hard to deal with in for hyper offense teams. Chansey's gargantuan special bulk is beneficial to switch in on many threats for offensive teams, such as Kyogre, Xerneas, and Lunala. Its great utility movepool also offers plethora of options to support an offensive and a defensive team, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish. Teleport in particular, grants free momentum with a slow switch-in pivot, which is extremely beneficial in for hyper offensive teams, while Stealth Rock looks like you either didnt finish the sentence or forgot to delete this. On stall teams, Chansey has an higher physical bulk than Blissey, and can function as a support with plethora of options to support its team with the likes of Toxic, Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rock. However, that's pretty much all the good with Chansey, as it is inferior to Blissey in almost every situation; wearing the having to hold Eviolite means Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards which against Heavy-Duty Boots Blissey has a way better time against, and Chansey can easily fall to Kyogre, whereas Utility Umbrella Blissey has a way much this is much smaller but you just used "way better" in the previous sentence so i changed it to avoid repetition better matchup against it. Also, even if it's its bulk is great, due to the fast pace of the playstyle, it will quickly fall when played in hyper offense, due to the fast pace of the playstyle. I moved this bcuz to me it was confusing to talk about the fast pace of ho before you mentioned it

[SET]
name: Blob (Support)

[SET COMMENTS]

Chansey relies on its bulk to switch in on many special threats, such as Kyogre, Eternatus, and Calyrex-S. Soft-Boiled is the only mandatory move, granting it a reliable recovery move. Teleport grants free momentum, and allows frail but strong Pokemon such as Marshadow, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo to be placed brought in safely. Instead of Teleport, Chansey can use the given momentum to setup Stealth Rock, putting pressure on defensive threats like Kyogre, Eternatus, and Xerneas, which facilitates wallbreaking (removed space) later in the game. Healing Wish gives the opportunity to fully heal a partner, which ones cannot be healed most of the time or can have been crippled by a status previously, who lacks reliable recovery or has been crippled by status, including Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. Toxic should only be used in a on stall teams because it is a loss in gives up momentum, but it cripples common switch-ins such as Marshadow, Groudon, Zekrom, and Yveltal and puts them on a timer. Seismic Toss's fixed damages damage are is useful to soften the aforementioned switch-ins (added hyphen), and it helps Chansey to not be completely useless if it receives a Taunt is Taunted. Eviolite is the mandatory item on Chansey, boosting its already high special bulk, (removed comma) and grants granting it a decent physical bulk.

Chansey likes the presence of suicide lead like Froslass, Aerodactyl, and Cloyster in on hyper offensive teams, which can setup set up Stealth Rock or Spikes while keeping the momentum. It also appreciates strong attackers like Calyrex-S, Rayquaza, and Zekrom which can used use the given momentum to immensely pressure the opposing team. Strong Dark-Types Dark-type attackers like Special Attacker Yveltal and Swords Dance Weavile appreciates Chansey's ability to switch in on Eternatus, and provides provide i assume you are referring to the dark types here secondary Calyrex-S's checks, which is highly appreciated in hyper offense's team composition. Also, Chansey remains relatively fragile on the physical side, so attackers which can act as physical checks such as Groudon and Zygarde are greatly appreciated teammates. In a stall oriented team On stall teams, Chansey is greatly appreciated for its ability to freely switch into Ghost-type attacks from Calyrex-S, as well as taking special attacks from attackers such as Specially Defensive Eternatus, Defensive Xerneas, and Lunala, and having a superior bulk compared to Blissey, (removed comma) &mdash at the cost of not being able to wear Heavy-Duty Boots. Being Since Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards, reliable Defoggers such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Giratina are welcomed to support it. The latter two are especially appreciated, as they keep Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn at check, which are respectively the most common Stealth Rock and Spikes setter respectively. Despite its huge high special bulk, Chansey cannot check Choice Specs Kyogre as it is 2HKOed by Water Spout and can easily lose to the Substitute + Calm Mind variant. It should be paired with checks such as Eternatus, which can also act as a Knock Off absorber, which is very appreciated for Chansey. Chansey appreciates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Confide can be used in order to check setup sweepers such as Geomancy Xerneas and Calm Mind Kyogre, but Blissey is generally a better option for this specific use. Moreover, Confide and Teleport are incompatible with Natural Cure.

Checks and Counters
====

**Taunt**: Taunt hinders Chansey a lot, letting it only able to use Seismic Toss at best.

**Losing Eviolite**: Chansey's immense bulky is severely lessened if it loses its item, and becomes unable to check most threats. Knock Off users such as Toxapex and Clefable can lure Chansey in and remove its Eviolite. On the other hand, Calyrex and Yveltal can be even more threatful threatening, crippling Chansey by removing its Eviolite using Trick and Knock Off respectively, and menacing it with their high offenses.

**Physical Wallbreakers**: Even if Chansey's Defense is highly invested and boosted by Eviolite, physical wallbreakers, such as Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM, can still break through it easily. It includes Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM.

**Zekrom**: Zekrom fears nothing from Chansey: it is immune to Thunder Wave, (removed comma) and can use Subsitute Substitute the turn Chansey wants to Teleport, so that it doesn't lose the momentum. It can also severely damage Chansey with its high Attack stat and its access to a great STAB in Bolt Strike.

**Substitute Users**: Foes behind a Substitute leave Chansey as a setup fodder; Examples examples of Substitute users are Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, Bulk Up Groudon, Zygarde, and the uncommonly used uncommon Curse Ho-Oh.

[CREDITS]
- - Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
the is an am check, feel free to implement what you want
add remove comment
[OVERVIEW]
Chansey stands as a non conventional pick mostly seen on hyper offense builds and a special wall on stall teams. Its immunity to Ghost-type im pretty sure this is correct combined with its increased physical bulk compared to Blissey offer to make Chansey a great switching opportunity against switch-in to both of Calyrex-S's STABs, which can be especially hard to deal with in for hyper offense teams. Chansey's gargantuan special bulk is beneficial to switch in on many threats for offensive teams, such as Kyogre, Xerneas, and Lunala. Its great utility movepool also offers plethora of options to support an offensive and a defensive team, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish. Teleport in particular, grants free momentum with a slow switch-in pivot, which is extremely beneficial in for hyper offensive teams, while Stealth Rock looks like you either didnt finish the sentence or forgot to delete this. On stall teams, Chansey has an higher physical bulk than Blissey, and can function as a support with plethora of options to support its team with the likes of Toxic, Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rock. However, that's pretty much all the good with Chansey, as it is inferior to Blissey in almost every situation; wearing the having to hold Eviolite means Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards which against Heavy-Duty Boots Blissey has a way better time against, and Chansey can easily fall to Kyogre, whereas Utility Umbrella Blissey has a way much this is much smaller but you just used "way better" in the previous sentence so i changed it to avoid repetition better matchup against it. Also, even if it's its bulk is great, due to the fast pace of the playstyle, it will quickly fall when played in hyper offense, due to the fast pace of the playstyle. I moved this bcuz to me it was confusing to talk about the fast pace of ho before you mentioned it

[SET]
name: Blob (Support)

[SET COMMENTS]

Chansey relies on its bulk to switch in on many special threats, such as Kyogre, Eternatus, and Calyrex-S. Soft-Boiled is the only mandatory move, granting it a reliable recovery move. Teleport grants free momentum, and allows frail but strong Pokemon such as Marshadow, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo to be placed brought in safely. Instead of Teleport, Chansey can use the given momentum to setup Stealth Rock, putting pressure on defensive threats like Kyogre, Eternatus, and Xerneas, which facilitates wallbreaking (removed space) later in the game. Healing Wish gives the opportunity to fully heal a partner, which ones cannot be healed most of the time or can have been crippled by a status previously, who lacks reliable recovery or has been crippled by status, including Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. Toxic should only be used in a on stall teams because it is a loss in gives up momentum, but it cripples common switch-ins such as Marshadow, Groudon, Zekrom, and Yveltal and puts them on a timer. Seismic Toss's fixed damages damage are is useful to soften the aforementioned switch-ins (added hyphen), and it helps Chansey to not be completely useless if it receives a Taunt is Taunted. Eviolite is the mandatory item on Chansey, boosting its already high special bulk, (removed comma) and grants granting it a decent physical bulk.

Chansey likes the presence of suicide lead like Froslass, Aerodactyl, and Cloyster in on hyper offensive teams, which can setup set up Stealth Rock or Spikes while keeping the momentum. It also appreciates strong attackers like Calyrex-S, Rayquaza, and Zekrom which can used use the given momentum to immensely pressure the opposing team. Strong Dark-Types Dark-type attackers like Special Attacker Yveltal and Swords Dance Weavile appreciates Chansey's ability to switch in on Eternatus, and provides provide i assume you are referring to the dark types here secondary Calyrex-S's checks, which is highly appreciated in hyper offense's team composition. Also, Chansey remains relatively fragile on the physical side, so attackers which can act as physical checks such as Groudon and Zygarde are greatly appreciated teammates. In a stall oriented team On stall teams, Chansey is greatly appreciated for its ability to freely switch into Ghost-type attacks from Calyrex-S, as well as taking special attacks from attackers such as Specially Defensive Eternatus, Defensive Xerneas, and Lunala, and having a superior bulk compared to Blissey, (removed comma) &mdash at the cost of not being able to wear Heavy-Duty Boots. Being Since Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards, reliable Defoggers such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Giratina are welcomed to support it. The latter two are especially appreciated, as they keep Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn at check, which are respectively the most common Stealth Rock and Spikes setter respectively. Despite its huge high special bulk, Chansey cannot check Choice Specs Kyogre as it is 2HKOed by Water Spout and can easily lose to the Substitute + Calm Mind variant. It should be paired with checks such as Eternatus, which can also act as a Knock Off absorber, which is very appreciated for Chansey. Chansey appreciates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Confide can be used in order to check setup sweepers such as Geomancy Xerneas and Calm Mind Kyogre, but Blissey is generally a better option for this specific use. Moreover, Confide and Teleport are incompatible with Natural Cure.

Checks and Counters
====

**Taunt**: Taunt hinders Chansey a lot, letting it only able to use Seismic Toss at best.

**Losing Eviolite**: Chansey's immense bulky is severely lessened if it loses its item, and becomes unable to check most threats. Knock Off users such as Toxapex and Clefable can lure Chansey in and remove its Eviolite. On the other hand, Calyrex and Yveltal can be even more threatful threatening, crippling Chansey by removing its Eviolite using Trick and Knock Off respectively, and menacing it with their high offenses.

**Physical Wallbreakers**: Even if Chansey's Defense is highly invested and boosted by Eviolite, physical wallbreakers, such as Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM, can still break through it easily. It includes Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM.

**Zekrom**: Zekrom fears nothing from Chansey: it is immune to Thunder Wave, (removed comma) and can use Subsitute Substitute the turn Chansey wants to Teleport, so that it doesn't lose the momentum. It can also severely damage Chansey with its high Attack stat and its access to a great STAB in Bolt Strike.

**Substitute Users**: Foes behind a Substitute leave Chansey as a setup fodder; Examples examples of Substitute users are Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, Bulk Up Groudon, Zygarde, and the uncommonly used uncommon Curse Ho-Oh.

[CREDITS]
- - Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]
Implemented :psyglad:

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[OVERVIEW]

Chansey stands as a non conventional is a nonconventional pick mostly seen on hyper offense builds and a special wall on and stall teams. Its immunity to Ghost combined with its and increased physical bulk compared to Blissey make Chansey a great switch-in to both of Calyrex-S's STABs STAB moves, which can be especially hard to deal with is especially useful for hyper offense teams. Chansey's gargantuan special bulk is beneficial allows it to switch in on many threats for offensive teams, (comma) such as Kyogre, Xerneas, and Lunala. Its great utility movepool, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish, also offers plethora of options to support an both offensive and a defensive teams, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish. Teleport, (comma) in particular, grants free momentum with a slow pivot, which is extremely beneficial for hyper offensive teams. On stall teams, Chansey has an higher physical bulk than Blissey, (comma) and can function as a support with plethora of options to support its team with the likes of Toxic, Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rock. However, that's pretty much all the good with Chansey, as it is inferior to Blissey in almost every situation other way; having to hold Eviolite means Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards, (comma) which Heavy-Duty Boots Blissey has a way better time against, and Chansey can easily fall to Kyogre, whereas which Utility Umbrella Blissey has a much better matchup against it. Also, even if its bulk is great, it will quickly fall when played in hyper offense, due to the fast pace of the playstyle. though it has great bulk, it will still fall quickly on hyper offense teams, as the team’s fast-paced nature does not give it opportunities to heal.

[SET]
name: Blob (Support) Support

[SET COMMENTS]

Chansey relies on its bulk to switch in on many special threats, (comma) such as Kyogre, Eternatus, and Calyrex-S. Soft-Boiled is the only mandatory move, granting it recovery. Teleport grants free momentum, lets Chansey generate momentum and allows frail but strong frail-but-strong Pokemon such as Marshadow, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo to be brought in safely. Instead of Teleport, Chansey can use Stealth Rock, putting pressure on defensive threats like Kyogre, Eternatus, and Xerneas, which facilitates wallbreaking later in the game. Healing Wish gives the opportunity to fully heal fully heals a partner who lacks recovery or has been crippled by status, including Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. Toxic should only be used on stall teams because teams, as it gives up momentum, (comma) but cripples common switch-ins such as Marshadow, Groudon, Zekrom, and Yveltal and put by putting them on a timer. Seismic Toss's fixed damage is useful to soften the aforementioned not all of the aforementioned, does not touch Marsh switch-ins, and it helps Chansey not be completely useless if it is Taunted against Taunt. Eviolite is the mandatory item on Chansey, boosting its already high special bulk and granting it a decent physical bulk.

Chansey likes the presence of suicide lead pairs well with suicide leads like Froslass, Aerodactyl, and Cloyster on hyper offensive teams, which as they can set up Stealth Rock or Spikes while keeping momentum. It also appreciates strong attackers like Calyrex-S, Rayquaza, and Zekrom which can use the given momentum Chansey provides to immensely pressure the opposing team. Strong Dark-type attackers like Special Attacker specially offensive Yveltal and Swords Dance Weavile appreciates Chansey's ability to switch in on Eternatus, and, in return, provide secondary Calyrex-S's checks, which is highly appreciated in hyper offense's team composition on hyper offense teams. Also, Chansey remains relatively fragile on the physical side, so attackers which can act as physical checks that are also decently physically bulky such as Groudon and Zygarde are greatly appreciated teammates. On stall teams, Chansey is greatly appreciated for its ability to freely switch into Ghost-type attacks from Calyrex-S, as well as taking special attacks from attackers such as specially defensive Eternatus, defensive Xerneas, and Lunala, and having a superior bulk compared to Blissey at the cost of not being able to wear Heavy-Duty Boots. Since Chansey is easily crippled worn down by entry hazards, reliable Defoggers such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Giratina are welcomed to support it. The latter two are especially appreciated, as they keep Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn at in check, which are the most common Stealth Rock and Spikes setters, respectively. Despite its high special bulk, Chansey cannot check Choice Specs Kyogre, (comma) as it is 2HKOed by Water Spout and can easily lose to Substitute + Calm Mind variants. It should be paired with checks to Kyogre such as Eternatus, which can also act as a Knock Off absorber, which Chansey appreciates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Checks and Counters
====

**Taunt**: Taunt hinders Chansey a lot, letting it only able to use Seismic Toss at best. shuts down all of Chansey's support and recovery options, leaving it with Seismic Toss at best.

**Losing Eviolite Knock Off and Trick**: Chansey's immense bulky is severely lessened if it loses its item, and becomes unable to check most threats Eviolite, and it is then unable to check most threats like give example. Knock Off users such as Toxapex and Clefable can lure Chansey in and remove its Eviolite. On the other hand Additionally, Calyrex and Yveltal can be even more threatening, crippling cripple Chansey by removing its Eviolite using Trick and Knock Off, (comma) respectively, and menacing it with their high offenses leaving Chansey unable to check them.

**Physical Wallbreakers**: Even if Chansey's Defense is highly invested and boosted by Eviolite, physical Physical wallbreakers, such as Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM, can still break through it Chansey easily.

**Zekrom**: Zekrom fears nothing from Chansey:; it is immune to Thunder Wave and can use Substitute the turn Chansey wants to Teleport, so that it doesn't lose the momentum to prevent Chansey from generating momentum. It can also severely damage Chansey with its high Attack stat and its access to a great STAB in Bolt Strike.

**Substitute Users**: Foes behind a Substitute leave Chansey as a setup fodder with Substitute can use Chansey as setup fodder; examples of Substitute users are Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, Bulk Up Groudon, Zygarde, and the uncommon Curse Ho-Oh.

[CREDITS]
- - Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]] make sure only one dash
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866], [username2, userid2]] you were missing a bracket

GP 1/2!

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
add remove conjecture
[OVERVIEW]

Chansey stands as a non conventional is a nonconventional pick mostly seen on hyper offense builds and a special wall on and stall teams. Its immunity to Ghost combined with its and increased physical bulk compared to Blissey make Chansey a great switch-in to both of Calyrex-S's STABs STAB moves, which can be especially hard to deal with is especially useful for hyper offense teams. Chansey's gargantuan special bulk is beneficial allows it to switch in on many threats for offensive teams, (comma) such as Kyogre, Xerneas, and Lunala. Its great utility movepool, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish, also offers plethora of options to support an both offensive and a defensive teams, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish. Teleport, (comma) in particular, grants free momentum with a slow pivot, which is extremely beneficial for hyper offensive teams. On stall teams, Chansey has an higher physical bulk than Blissey, (comma) and can function as a support with plethora of options to support its team with the likes of Toxic, Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rock. However, that's pretty much all the good with Chansey, as it is inferior to Blissey in almost every situation other way; having to hold Eviolite means Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards, (comma) which Heavy-Duty Boots Blissey has a way better time against, and Chansey can easily fall to Kyogre, whereas which Utility Umbrella Blissey has a much better matchup against it. Also, even if its bulk is great, it will quickly fall when played in hyper offense, due to the fast pace of the playstyle. though it has great bulk, it will still fall quickly on hyper offense teams, as the team’s fast-paced nature does not give it opportunities to heal.

[SET]
name: Blob (Support) Support

[SET COMMENTS]

Chansey relies on its bulk to switch in on many special threats, (comma) such as Kyogre, Eternatus, and Calyrex-S. Soft-Boiled is the only mandatory move, granting it recovery. Teleport grants free momentum, lets Chansey generate momentum and allows frail but strong frail-but-strong Pokemon such as Marshadow, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo to be brought in safely. Instead of Teleport, Chansey can use Stealth Rock, putting pressure on defensive threats like Kyogre, Eternatus, and Xerneas, which facilitates wallbreaking later in the game. Healing Wish gives the opportunity to fully heal fully heals a partner who lacks recovery or has been crippled by status, including Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. Toxic should only be used on stall teams because teams, as it gives up momentum, (comma) but cripples common switch-ins such as Marshadow, Groudon, Zekrom, and Yveltal and put by putting them on a timer. Seismic Toss's fixed damage is useful to soften the aforementioned not all of the aforementioned, does not touch Marsh switch-ins, and it helps Chansey not be completely useless if it is Taunted against Taunt. Eviolite is the mandatory item on Chansey, boosting its already high special bulk and granting it a decent physical bulk.

Chansey likes the presence of suicide lead pairs well with suicide leads like Froslass, Aerodactyl, and Cloyster on hyper offensive teams, which as they can set up Stealth Rock or Spikes while keeping momentum. It also appreciates strong attackers like Calyrex-S, Rayquaza, and Zekrom which can use the given momentum Chansey provides to immensely pressure the opposing team. Strong Dark-type attackers like Special Attacker specially offensive Yveltal and Swords Dance Weavile appreciates Chansey's ability to switch in on Eternatus, and, in return, provide secondary Calyrex-S's checks, which is highly appreciated in hyper offense's team composition on hyper offense teams. Also, Chansey remains relatively fragile on the physical side, so attackers which can act as physical checks that are also decently physically bulky such as Groudon and Zygarde are greatly appreciated teammates. On stall teams, Chansey is greatly appreciated for its ability to freely switch into Ghost-type attacks from Calyrex-S, as well as taking special attacks from attackers such as specially defensive Eternatus, defensive Xerneas, and Lunala, and having a superior bulk compared to Blissey at the cost of not being able to wear Heavy-Duty Boots. Since Chansey is easily crippled worn down by entry hazards, reliable Defoggers such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Giratina are welcomed to support it. The latter two are especially appreciated, as they keep Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn at in check, which are the most common Stealth Rock and Spikes setters, respectively. Despite its high special bulk, Chansey cannot check Choice Specs Kyogre, (comma) as it is 2HKOed by Water Spout and can easily lose to Substitute + Calm Mind variants. It should be paired with checks to Kyogre such as Eternatus, which can also act as a Knock Off absorber, which Chansey appreciates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Checks and Counters
====

**Taunt**: Taunt hinders Chansey a lot, letting it only able to use Seismic Toss at best. shuts down all of Chansey's support and recovery options, leaving it with Seismic Toss at best.

**Losing Eviolite Knock Off and Trick**: Chansey's immense bulky is severely lessened if it loses its item, and becomes unable to check most threats Eviolite, and it is then unable to check most threats like give example. Knock Off users such as Toxapex and Clefable can lure Chansey in and remove its Eviolite. On the other hand Additionally, Calyrex and Yveltal can be even more threatening, crippling cripple Chansey by removing its Eviolite using Trick and Knock Off, (comma) respectively, and menacing it with their high offenses leaving Chansey unable to check them.

**Physical Wallbreakers**: Even if Chansey's Defense is highly invested and boosted by Eviolite, physical Physical wallbreakers, such as Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM, can still break through it Chansey easily.

**Zekrom**: Zekrom fears nothing from Chansey:; it is immune to Thunder Wave and can use Substitute the turn Chansey wants to Teleport, so that it doesn't lose the momentum to prevent Chansey from generating momentum. It can also severely damage Chansey with its high Attack stat and its access to a great STAB in Bolt Strike.

**Substitute Users**: Foes behind a Substitute leave Chansey as a setup fodder with Substitute can use Chansey as setup fodder; examples of Substitute users are Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, Bulk Up Groudon, Zygarde, and the uncommon Curse Ho-Oh.

[CREDITS]
- - Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]] make sure only one dash
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866], [username2, userid2]] you were missing a bracket

GP 1/2!

Implemented :psyglad:

Reactions: UT

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

Chansey is a nonconventional pick mostly seen on hyper offense and stall teams. Its immunity to Ghost combined and, combined with its increased physical bulk compared to Blissey, makes Chansey a great switch-in to both of Calyrex-S's STAB moves, which is especially useful for hyper offense teams. Chansey's gargantuan special bulk allows it to switch in on many threats for offensive teams such as Kyogre, Xerneas, and Lunala. Its great utility movepool, including Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Healing Wish, also offers a plethora of options to support both offensive and defensive teams alike. Teleport, in particular, grants momentum withvia a slow pivot, which is extremely beneficial for hyper offensive teams. On stall teams, Chansey has higher physical bulk than Blissey and can support its team with the likes of Toxic, Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rock. However, that's pretty much all the good with Chansey, as it is inferior to Blissey in almost every other way; having to hold Eviolite means Chansey is easily crippled by entry hazards, which Heavy-Duty Boots Blissey has a way better time against, and it can easily fall to Kyogre, whereas Utility Umbrella Blissey has a much better matchup againsdoes not. Also, even though it has great bulk, it will still fall quickly on hyper offense teams, as the team's fast-paced nature does not give it opportunities to heal.

[SET]
name: Support

[SET COMMENTS]

Chansey relies on its bulk to switch in onto many special threats such as Kyogre, Eternatus, and Calyrex-S. Soft-Boiled is the only mandatory move, granting it recovery. Teleport lets Chansey generate momentum and allows frail-but-strong Pokemonteammates such as Marshadow, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo to be brought in safely. Instead of Teleport, Chansey can use Stealth Rock, putting pressure on defensive threats like Kyogre, Eternatus, and Xerneas, which facilitates wallbreaking later in the game. Healing Wish fully heals a partner who lacks recovery or has been crippled by status, including Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. Toxic should only be used on stall teams, as it gives up momentum but cripples common switch-ins such as Marshadow, Groudon, Zekrom, and Yveltal by putting them on a timer. Seismic Toss's fixed damage is useful to soften switch-ins, and it helps Chansey not be completely useless against Taunt. Eviolite is the users. Eviolite is a mandatory item on Chansey, boosting its already high special bulk and granting it decent physical bulk.

Chansey pairs well with suicide leads like Froslass, Aerodactyl, and Cloyster on hyper offensive teams, as they can set up Stealth Rock or Spikes while keeping momentum. It also appreciates strong attackers like Calyrex-S, Rayquaza, and Zekrom, which can use the momentum Chansey provides to immensely pressure the opposing team. Strong Dark-type attackers like specially offensive Yveltal and Swords Dance Weavile appreciate Chansey's ability to switch in on Eternatus, and, in return, provide secondary Calyrex-S checks, which is highly appreciated on hyper offense teams. Also, Chansey remains relatively fragile on the physical side, so attackers that are also decently physically bulky such as Groudon and Zygarde are greatly appreciated teammates. On stall teams, Chansey is greatly appreciated for its ability to freely switch into Ghost-type attacks from Calyrex-S, as well as taking special attacks from attackerfoes such as specially defensive Eternatus, defensive Xerneas, and Lunala. Since Chansey is easily worn down by entry hazards, reliable Defoggers such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Giratina are welcomed to support it. The latter two are especially appreciated, as they keep Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn in check, which are the most common Stealth Rock and Spikes setters, respectively. Despite its high special bulk, Chansey cannot check Choice Specs Kyogre, as it is 2HKOed by Water Spout and can easily lose to Substitute + Calm Mind variants. It should be paired with checks to Kyogre such as Eternatus, which can also act as a Knock Off absorber, which Chansey appreciates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Confide can be used in order to check setup sweepers such as Geomancy Xerneas and Calm Mind Kyogre, but Blissey is generally a better option for this specific use. Moreover, Confide and Teleport areis incompatible with Natural Cure. (Teleport is compatible with Natural Cure btw)

Checks and Counters
====

**Taunt**: Taunt shuts down all of Chansey's support and recovery options, leaving it with Seismic Toss at bestonly able to use Seismic Toss.

**Knock Off and Trick**: Chansey's immense bulk is severely lessened if it loses its Eviolite, and it is then unable to check most threats like offensive Calm Mind Kyogre and Meteor Beam Eternatus without it. Knock Off users such as Toxapex and Clefable can lure Chansey in and remove its Eviolite. Additionally, Calyrex-S and Yveltal can cripple Chansey by removing its Eviolite using Trick and Knock Off, respectively, leaving Chansey unable to check them.

**Physical Wallbreakers**: Physical wallbreakers, such as Groudon, Marshadow, and Dragon Dance or Swords Dance Necrozma-DM, can still break through Chansey easily.

**Zekrom**: Zekrom fears nothing from Chansey: it is immune to Thunder Wave and can use Substitute to prevent Chansey from generating momentum. It can also severely damage Chansey with Bolt Strike.

**Substitute Users**: Foes with Substitute can use Chansey as setup fodder; examples of Substitute users are Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, Bulk Up Groudon, Zygarde, and the uncommon Curse Ho-Oh.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866], [username2, userid2dex, 277988]]

2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)