Pet Mod Clean Slate Micro 2

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Approved by and idea adapted with permission from DuoM2 (remember when it was The Cruelest?)
CLEAN SLATE: MICRO 2
Welcome to Clean Slate, the Pet Mod that aims to do exactly as the title states: Create a brand new "micrometagame" from scratch, with the ultimate goal of creating a balanced yet still varied compact metagame existing separately from any existing tier. No Heatran here! This will be achieved by slates that consist of a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a role compendium listed below. But wait! This isn't normal Clean Slate- This is Clean Slate Micro (2), a repeat of the successful "real damn tiny metagame" experiment. Like the first one, we will aim for around 20 pokemon for this meta (compared to the 40ish of standard Clean Slate). A full-on Clean Slate 3 will be a Gen 9 affair, while MicroMetaMafia will be rebooted later this year.

RULES:

Submission Phase:
Submission phase lasts for a few days. In the submission phase, users submit existing pokemon altered to fit the current slate. The slates will consist of a few requests for a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a corresponding role compendium listed below. Note that your submission can have roles apart from the one it fills, but it should first and foremost fit the slate (Think of Gliscor being a stallbreaker but also working as a pretty decent defensive defogger).
The pokemon submitted can be altered in any way, whether that be through typing, stats, abilities, and/or movepools. Custom moves/abilities are allowed as long as they are clones of existing elements. Additionally, if submitting an NFE pokemon, clarify after its name if its Eviolite-compatible (e.g. Boldore (no Eviolite)). Mega-Evolutions are not allowed unless a slate specifically calls for one.

The submission format is the following (example using the OU metagame):

Name of the Pokemon: (e.g. Heatran)
Role(s): (e.g. Stallbreaker, Special Wall, Trapping)
Type: (e.g Steel/Fire)
Abilities: (e.g. Flash Fire)
Stat Distribution: (e.g. 91/90/106/130/106/77)
Movepool Additions: (e.g. none)
Movepool Removals: (e.g. none)
Custom Elements: (optional, this is where you explain )
Justification: (e.g. Heatran acts as a competent Taunt-based Stallbreaker with a powerful Magma Storm that can trap and ensure the elimination of key targets. Additionally, a Steel-typing when paired with a Fire immunity makes Heatran a decent special wall if invested. It can also set rocks, and use a Choice Scarf in order to surprise checks such as Urshifu-R and Landorus-T.)

It should be noted that all submissions should be based around the metagame- If "fast" in this pet mod ends up being around 90-100 a powerful attacker with a "poor" speed of 90 wouldn't be appropriate.

Voting Phase
Voting phase lasts for around a day. In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.
The voting format is as follows:

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze

So this voting format is good, cuz' i voted for myself as second three times, and when you add everything up, I gave myself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions I made for the slate x2. However, say I liked my Stallbreaker submission a lot, and I really want it to win, I can play around with my votes a little bit:

Stallbreaker: Exploudit, Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze, Exploudit

So to make my Stallbreaker first vote, I moved my Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what I want. Let's say that I like my Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and I didn't like my Stallbreaker submission too much. I can do this:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity, G-Luke
Special Wall: Exploudit, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Exploudit, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze

3 + 3 adds up to six, so I'm good to that. Small note that this can't be done if I made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions I made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had I only made a single submission, I'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives me only two self-vote points. I hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it as best as I can.

In case of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held. The two users in question cannot vote for themselves in this, but they're perfectly free to just not vote ;)

Council:
earl
Tuthur
G-Luke
Scoopapa

Current Slate:
Give and Take - 1 Defensive Pivot, 1 Setup Sweeper

Spreadsheet:
click here!

Discord:
https://discord.gg/27UW3uT

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Slate 1: Starting Out- 1 Physical Wall, 1 Special Wall

For our first slate, a pair of Pokemon will be submitted. Make sure they have similar power levels. Voting will be for the pairs rather than singular Pokemon to ensure an even power level.

This slate will (probably) end on the 18th, next Tuesday.

:ss/mudsdale:
Mudsdale
Roles: Physical Wall, Stealth Rock Setter, Mixed Wall
Type: Ground/Fighting
Abilities: Own Tempo/Inner Fortitude* (H: Inner Focus)
Stats: 100/135/105/65/95/50 (BST: 550)
Movepool Additions: Bulk Up, Pain Split, Wide Guard
Removed Moves: None
Custom Elements: Inner Fortitude: When this Pokémon has 1/2 or less of its maximum HP, rounded down, its Defense and Special Defense are doubled. Immune to Intimidate.
Description: M4A Mudsdale.

:ss/snom:
Snom (Not Eviolite Compatible)
Roles: Special Wall, Toxic Spikes Setter
Type: Ice/Poison
Abilities: Poison Point (H: Ice Scales)
Stats: 75 / 50 / 80 / 115 / 75 / 95 (BST: 470)
Movepool Additions: Infestation, Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Haze, Hail, Ice Shard, Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Gastro Acid, Poison Sting, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench, Venoshock, Recover
Removed Moves: This thing's movepool is non-existent. Why would I remove anything
Description: Ice/Poison may not be a very good defensive typing, but amazing bulk, 115 SpA to keep it from being too passive, & Utility in Infestation, priority, haze, toxic spikes, recovery, & toxic keep it usable. It also has an above average Spe stat. These may seem like strong traits except for its weakness to SR which hold it down slightly, forcing it to run HDB.

Edit: Nerfed Snom's stats

Last edited:
This is the moment we've all been waiting for

This one is RNG

:ss/eldegoss:
Name of the Pokemon: Eldegoss
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Control (Defog), Revenge Killer (Mach Punch), Physical Attacker
Type: Grass / Fairy
Abilities: Tangling Hair / Regenerator
Stat Distribution: 65 / 95 / 120 / 85 / 85 / 55 (BST: 505)
Movepool Additions: Mach Punch, Defog, Bullet Seed, Play Rough
Movepool Removals: Cotton Guard
Justification: Eldegoss is a nice Physical Wall that has access to Mach Punch for Steel-types, Regenerator for recovery, and Defog to get rid of hazards. Some can also appreciate the other moves added to it, such as Bullet Seed or Play Rough. However, to make up for this, Eldegoss has low special bulk, having 55 Speed, and the removal in Cotton Guard.

This one isn't RNG

:ss/xatu:
Name of the Pokemon: Xatu
Role(s): Special Wall, Special Tank
Type: Water / Flying
Abilities: Early Bird / Delta Stream
Stat Distribution: 80 / 50 / 65 / 100 / 105 / 95 (BST: 490)
Movepool Additions: Knock Off
Movepool Removals: Nada
Justification: WIP

Last edited:

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
:swsh/milotic:
Name of the Pokemon: Milotic
Role(s): Physical Wall, Physical Tank
Type: Water / Fairy
Abilities: Dazzling
Stat Distribution: 90 / 60 / 95 / 80 / 65 / 70
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind
Movepool Removals: Ice moves
Justification: Physical Tank with recovery and a great typing. Having Dazzling also makes it have a nice Immunity to priority moves. The problem with this is mostly the low SpD, being only 65, and its mid-tier SpA and Spe to accompany its toolset.

:swsh/stoutland:
Name of The Pokémon: Stoutland
Role(s): Physical Attacker, Spikes Setter, Special Wall
Type: Normal / Steel
Abilities: Regenerator
Stat Distribution: 70 / 90 / 70 / 50 / 100 / 75
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Spikes
Movepool Removals: none!
Justification: A p nice spikes setter that has good attack and good special defense with a decent HP and regen. Its major drawbacks are its eh speed and defense.

Last edited:
:ss/zacian:
Name of the Pokemon: Zacian
Role(s): Physical Wall, Cleric, Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Steadfast
Stat Distribution: 90 / 80 / 115 / 80 / 70 / 130
Movepool Additions: Calm Mind, Heal Bell, Fire Blast, Wish
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance
Custom Elements: none
Justification: Surprisingly, the removal of Intrepid Sword (and some stats for balance purposes) allows Zacian to fill a very interesting role as a fast wall. Can use CM to patch up its below-average special bulk, and can pass reasonably large Wishes, as well as using Heal Bell on more defensive teams. Its main weakness is a complete lack of pivoting, which leaves it struggling to generate momentum on the faster-paced teams it would otherwise work so well on. Should still be a very powerful option though, thanks to the many tools it brings to the table.

:ss/stunfisk:
Name of the Pokemon: Stunfisk
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter (SR, Spikes), Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Storm Drain / Oblivious / Electric Surge
Stat Distribution: 109 / 46 / 84 / 86 / 139 / 42
Movepool Additions: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Spikes, Volt Switch, Will-O-Wisp
Movepool Removals: all Ground moves (except Spikes and Scorching Sands), Scald
Justification: Very cool defensive typing, with the option to run Storm Drain to remove its weakness to Water (as well as a solution to its slight passivity). The lack of reliable recovery is, of course, its main weakness, as it is prone to being worn down throughout the game. Still, role compression in Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Volt Switch for pivoting makes it a great choice for teams that want a non-passive defensive pivot. Plus, its special bulk is so massive and its resistances are so many that it can handle basically any special attacker without breaking a sweat (assuming they don't have EP). It can also run passable offensive pivot sets with Electric Surge, though its speed is very low for the role, so ESurge is mostly for enabling later Unburden or Surge Surfer mons.

Last edited:
:Swsh/Shuckle:
Name of the Pokemon: Shuckle
Role(s): Hazard Setter (Rock, Web), Physical Wall, Trapping (Infestation)
Type:

Abilities: Sticky Hold | Shell Armor (HA)
Stat Distribution: 90 / 90 / 180 / 50 / 90 / 20 [BST: 520]
Movepool Additions: Body Press
Movepool Removals: -
Justification: Physical Wall with hazards, Knock Off for utilities, infestation for Trapping, and obviously, if physical wall wants to damage something, it would use Body Press. It also has Curse that would be benefits not only on the said Body Press and Knock Off, but also Gyro Ball.

:Swsh/Moltres-Galar:
Name of the Pokemon: Moltres-Galar
Role(s): Hazard Removal (Defog), Special Wall, Stallbreaker (Taunt)
Type:

Abilities: Pressure | Regenerator (HA)
Stat Distribution: 90 / 55 / 90 / 70 / 145 / 70 [BST: 520]
Movepool Additions: Defog, Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp
Movepool Removals: U-turn
Custom Elements: Fiery Wrath now has Corrosive Gas effect replaces its old effect and also no longer targets both foes in doubles.
Justification: Special Wall with hazard removal, special "Knock Off", fast enough speed to abuse Taunt, and Regenerator to raise its walling capability. Lastly, to not being too passive, it can run Nasty Plot with Fiery Wrath, Special Fire move of choice, and utility move of choice.

Last edited:
we do a little primal weathering

:bw/rhyperior:
Name of the Pokemon: Rhyperior
Role(s): Hazard Removal, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock), Physical Wall
Type:
|

Abilities: Desolate Land
Stat Distribution: 115 / 125 / 125 / 55 / 55 / 45
Movepool Additions: Rapid Spin
Justification: 1v1s defensive waters with its bulk, even if they have Ice Beam. due to DESOLATE LAND. also has Rapid Spin, wich is a really good option for it. it has a high HP and a high Defense stat, so it can tank physical hits really well to set stealth rocks.

:ss/runerigus:
Name of the Pokemon: Runerigus
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter
Type:
|

Abilities: Wandering Spirit
Stat Distribution: 60 / 90 / 85 / 65 / 145 / 30
Movepool Additions: Specter Press, Spikes
Movepool Removals: Amnesia
Custom Element: Specter Press [90 BP Ghost Type Body Press that uses Special Defense to calculate damage, but is still a physical move.], Wandering Spirit [Switches abilities with Opponent on entry, like pillage.]
Justification: big special bulk, along with acceptable defensive typing. Wandering Spirit is now basically Pillage from FE, buuut thats mostly fine due to its low HP and low-ish physical bulk (also i think its fine as a custom because its basically wandering spirit, but on switch-in instead of on-contact). also has yknow rocks toxic spikes and spikes. and specter press keeps it from beeing too passive

Last edited:

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
:ss/stunfisk-galar:
Name of the Pokemon: Galarian Stunfisk
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter, Electric Immunity, Status Absorber
Type:

Abilities: Mimicry, Iron Barbs | Grassy Surge
Stat Distribution: 120 / 70 / 70 / 85 / 85 / 30 | 460
Movepool Additions: Scorching Sands, Spiky Shield, Spikes, Toxic
Custom Elements: Snap Trap is now a Steel-type version of Magma Storm.
Justification:
Pro: very bulky, hard to switch into for offense, can easily spread status, provides Grassy Terrain support
Con: no reliable recovery, passive
Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Scorching Sands
- Snap Trap / Toxic
- Spiky Shield

:ss/shelmet:
Name of the Pokemon: Shelmet (no eviolite)
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Knock Off absorber, Acid Armor sweeper
Type:

Abilities: Sticky Hold | Hydration
Stat Distribution: 60 / 30 / 160 / 70 / 90 / 10 | 420
Movepool Additions: Aqua Jet, Body Press, Razor Shell, Scald, Surf, Waterfall
Justification:
Pro: great physical bulk, reliable recovery, not passive, hazards
Con: weak to status, average typing
Shelmet @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Body Press
- Acid Armor / Scald

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ill post my defensive core i n a bit but uh,I want in on council again

Screenshot_20220115-183300.png

Bless RNGsus, time for OU Clean Slate!

:ss/dustox:
Name of the Pokemon: Dustox
Role(s): Physical Wall, Set Up Sweeper
Type: Poison / Flying
Abilities:
Shield Dust / Effect Spore | HA: Poison Touch
Stat Distribution: 77 HP / 78 Atk / 119 Def / 80 SpA / 71 SpD / 52 Spe
Movepool Additions: U-turn, Air Slash, Toxic Spikes
Movepool Removals: Defog
Justification: Dustox serves as a great defensive wall thanks to its useful Poison / Flying typing walling a number of prominent physical types. It can also attempt a Quiver Dance set but its stat s seem a bit too underwhelming for that. Mon can also spam the greatest U-turn in the game.

:ss/virizion:
Name of the Pokemon: Virizion
Role(s): Stallbreaker, Special Wall, Trapping
Type: Steel / Grass
Abilities:
Justified / Sap Sipper | HA: Steely Spirit
Stat Distribution: 61 HP / 90 Atk / 86 Def / 70 SpA / 129 SpD / 108 Spe
Movepool Additions: Anchor Shot, Doom Desire, Power Whip, Leech Seed
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance, Close Combat
Justification: Earl had a snappy example for a role, and I knew I was planning on going Steel / Grass with this, so I decided to say fuck it! Virizion plays like a hybrid of Heatran, Ferrothorn and probably something else I dont know. Its pretty fast for a wall, which improves its matchup versus other walls.

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
4099F58A-97DE-4303-84F8-85776B9B258A.gif

CLAYDOL

Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Hazard Removal, Room Setter...?
Abilities: Rough Skin | Bulletproof
Stat Distribution: 100 / 70 / 130 / 70 / 90 / 60 | 530
Movepool Additions: Roost, Air Slash
Movepool Removals: Psyshock, Psychic, Calm Mind
Justification:
Stealth Rock? Rapid Spin? Recovery? Its yours, my friend, as long as you have enough weaknesses.

MISSINGNO.

Role(s): Special Wall, Defensive Pivot, Cleric
Stat Distribution: 90 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 140 / 60 | 530
Movepool Additions: Pain Split, U-Turn, Shadow Ball, Wish, Heal Bell, Multi-Attack
Justification:
ERROR 404: Missingno is a special wall bent on both healing it's allies and chipping it's foes. Regen + Teleport allows for passive healing while it's bizarre coverage in it's Gen 1 movepool along with Multi-Attack allows Missingno to use coverage options as a final slot.​

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:ss/zygarde-complete:
Name of the Pokemon: Zygarde-Complete
Role(s): Physical Wall
Type: Dragon / Ground
Abilities: Sturdy / Unnerve / Battle Armor
Stat Distribution: 116 / 91 / 85 / 100 / 81 / 45 (518 BST)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Sludge Bomb
Movepool Removals: Thousand Arrows, Glare, Coil, Extreme Speed
Justification: zygc has a lot of cool moves at its disposal: core enforcer, thousand waves, haze, scorching sands, etc. however, it has pretty lacking in terms of actual team support like hazard removal or setting and also has very mediocre abilities.

:ss/mr-mime:
Name of the Pokemon: Mr. Mime
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Control (Defog), Defensive Pivot
Type: Fire / Fairy
Abilities: Sticky Hold / Filter / Technician
Stat Distribution: 70 / 65 / 75 / 90 / 120 / 80 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Slack Off, Moonblast, Defog
Movepool Removals: Calm Mind, Nasty Plot
Justification: mr mime covers well for zygc, resisting ice and fairy and being immune to dragon. in return zygc can cover rock and poison weaknesses. filter allows mr mime to stomach some weaker se attacks like scald which sounds pretty helpful, plus it has things like defog and teleport. depending on the power level this could have potential to run specs maybe, rocks weakness sucks though

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:sandslash-alola:
Sandslash-Alola
Roles
: Physical Wall, Defensive Pivot, SR Setter, Hazard Control, Wallbreaker, Hail Sweeper
Type:

Abilities: Pressure / Filter / Slush Rush
Stats: 60 / 100 / 150 / 45 / 65 / 50 (BST: 470)
New Moves: Superpower, Body Press, Stone Edge
Removed Moves: Every ice move except Hail and Triple Axel
Justification: Great typing and cool abil to combat the complete lack of recovery. It has some utility in SR, Spin and KOff, but it mainly shines by its coverage. It can also rock an ID + BPress set or some wallbreaker set with or without a substitute

:shiftry:
Shiftry
Roles
: Special Wall, Hazard Control, Stallbreaker, Wallbreaker
Type:

Abilities: Early Bird / Shield Dust / Pickpocket
Stats: 85 / 90 / 50 / 90 / 105 / 65 (BST: 485)
New Moves: Brave Bird, Roost, Taunt
Removed Moves: Knock Off, Swords Dance, everything grass-type except Energy Ball and Worry Seed
Justification: Budget Yveltal comes to the rescue. It has cool coverage, defog, NP and roost. Can't reliably switch in on Aloslash but Aloslash can't really switch on it either.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Name of Pokemon: Solrock
Roles: Physical Wall, Defensive Pivot, Hazards,
Type:

Abilities: Levitate | Dauntless Shield
Stat Distribution: 117 / 87 / 87 / 57 / 67 / 89 (504 BST)
Movepool Additions: Shore Up, Body Press, Superpower, Circle Throw, U-Turn
Movepool Removals: Psychic, Confusion, Psyshock, Zen Headbutt, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Will-O-Wisp
Justification: Modeled off of Clean Slate 1 Nihilego, Solrock sports solid mixed bulk, Levitate, great Speed, and plenty of utility. Solrock also has a fair amount of offensive presence thanks to that aforementioned Speed and STAB Body Press, much like how Nihilego managed to make offensive progress even with its subpar offenses. However, Nihilego was maybe too overtuned, so Solrock has an even more awkward defensive typing and no access to Knock Off or Rapid Spin (but gains U-Turn, which is cool). I also gave it Dauntless Shield as an alternative set if you want to get funnier with Body Press, much like how Nihilego had access to an Unaware Stall set. Losing Levitate is a hard sell, though.

Name of the Pokemon: Aegislash
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Control (Rapid Spin), Hazards (Toxic Spikes), Mixed Wall, Special Wallbreaker
Type:

Abilities: Wandering Spirit | Trace
Stat Distribution: 40 / 50 / 100 / 95 / 160 / 51 (496 BST)
Movepool Additions: Pain Split, Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Corrosive Gas, Purify
Justification: Channeling Clean Slate 1 Cofagrigus for this submission. Much like Cofagrigus is possesses a strong defensive typing, a strong Pain Split, Toxic Spikes, and ability-manipulation potential. However, unlike Cofagrigus (one of the weaker CS1 picks), Aegislash has much more utility thanks to a consistent Rapid Spin and a dollar store Knock Off (Corrosive Gas), and much better anti-ability abilities in Wandering Spirit and Trace. I expect Trace will see more use due to its higher consistency and Aegislash's Special-bias, but Wandering Spirit will at least be fun to experiment with. You could also go Specs mode ig

Last edited:

Name of the Pokemon: Relicanth
Roles: Physical Wall, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock)
Type:

Abilities: Abyssal Light* / Solid Rock
Stat Distribution: 120/90/100/85/75/45 (BST: 515)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp
Custom Elements: Abyssal Light- Lightning Rod but for Dark and it boosts Special Defense. (see CS1 Lanturn and CS2 Starmie)
Justification: I think this my 4th time trying to sub this fish. Relicanth is a Rock/Ghost type, a type combo that currently does not exist in vanilla mons. While Rock/Ghost is normally a subpar defensive type, the immunity to Dark provided by Abyssal Light essentially makes it a rock type with a fighting immunity and a ghost weakness. Solid Rock is a less reliable answer to Dark types but it provides better defense against Water/Grass/Ground/Ghost. Does pretty standard physical wall stuff, with Stealth Rock and Will-O-Wisp. Its Attack is solid, so like CS1 Nihilego, it can run STAB Head Smash to surprise unsuspecting opponents.

Name of the Pokemon: Lapras
Roles: Special Wall, Stallbreaker, Set Up (Dragon Dance)
Type:

Abilities: Thick Fat / Shell Armor
Stat Distribution: 130/95/70/95/95/70 (BST: 555)
Movepool Additions: Soak, Recover
Movepool Removals: Perish Song
Justification: Lapras is a special wall/tank with the deadly combo of Soak + Freeze-Dry. It does have high stats, but is balanced out by the lack of general utility. It can run Dragon Dance, but it doesn't have enough attack or a powerful Ice STAB. Thick Fat grants Lapras a resistance to Fire.

Last edited:
:ss/Quagsire:
Pokémon:Quagsire
Roles:Physical Wall,Hazard Setter(Spikes)
Type:Water/Ground
Abilties:Water Absorb/Damp(Klutz)
Stat Distribution:95/105/95/70/65/45(BST:475)
Movepool Additions:Spikes
Movepool Removals:Nada
Justification:Guess who!It’s Quagsire with beefed up stats and Spikes.

:ss/darmanitan-zen:
Pokemon:Darmanitan-Zen
Roles:Special Wall,Defensive Pivot
Type:Fire/Psychic
Abilities:Mountaineer
Mountaineer:You know what it doesThe user is immune to Rock type moves on the turn they switch in,including Stealth Rock
Stat Distribution:100/70/70/105/105/25(BST:475)
Movepool Additions:Blaze Out(Fire type Volt Switch),Recover
Justification:A good defensive pivot,and special wall.

Last edited:
:ss/starmie:
Name of the Pokemon: Starmie
Role(s): Physical Wall, Fast Pivot, Spinner, Scarfer
Type:

Abilities: Regenerator | Natural Cure
Stat Distribution: 70/75/115/90/80/115 (545 BST)
Movepool Removals: Flip Turn
Justification: A regen wall that also spins, pivots, and is fast which can make it a solid glue and wall for your team. A weakness to the pivoting moves should be able to keep it in check however.

:ss/centiskorch:
Name of the Pokemon: Centiskorch
Role(s): Special Wall, Status Absorber, MGLO Breaker, Spikes setter
Type:

Abilities: Magic Guard | Flame Body
Stat Distribution: 100/85/65/90/100/70 (510)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Spikes
Justification: Centiskorch as a pretty cool defensive typing and magic guard will patch of some of its major weaknesses, being stealth rocks and status. Fire lash/flare blitz and the option of mglo makes skorch less passive, and coil can also make it a dangerous set up sweeper like how clefable is in OU. Spikes would also be a nice option to run. However even with all these upsides, Centiskorch still has a few downsides in having a 4x weakness to rock and a susceptible defense stat before a coil boost. Centiskorch and Starmie would make a nice defensive core as they patch eachothers weaknesses quite well, but not to the point they'd be unbreakable.

Last edited:

Name of the Pokemon: Skarmory
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter (Spikes), Hazard Remover (Defog), pHazer, Stall Breaker (setup)
Type:

Abilities: Sturdy / Hyper Cutter | Shield Dust (HA)
Stat Distribution: 75 / 95 / 125 / 60 / 85 / 70 | 510 BST
Movepool Additions: Close Combat, Sacred Sword, Bulk Up,
Movepool Removals: Body Press, Stealth Rock
Justification: Skarmory gets a solid typing for a physical wall that makes it resistant to the Fighting, Ground, and Dark coverage that is commonly run by physical attackers. Spikes, Defog, and Whirlwind give it good support potential. Swords Dance sets might also be possible because it has strong STAB moves, but its Speed is low enough to make that unlikely.

Name of the Pokemon: Registeel
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock),
Type:

Abilities: Light Metal / Mirror Armor | Bulletproof (HA)
Stat Distribution: 200 / 85 / 40 / 100 / 60 / 20 | 495 BST
Movepool Additions: Strength Sap, Knock Off, Dark Pulse,
Movepool Removals: Counter
Justification: Registeel also gets a great defensive type for walling its side of the spectrum. Bulletproof walls all relevant special Fighting-type moves, effectively relegating its 4x weakness to the physical side. Knock Off, Stealth Rock, Toxic, and Thunder Wave, give it good utility. Strength Sap is not the most reliable healing given its high HP, so its HP needs to be conserved.

Last edited:
Name of the Pokemon: Primarina
Role: Physical Wall
Type: Water
Abilities: Torrent / Liquid Voice | Marvel Scale
Stat Distribution: 100 / 65 / 110 / 100 / 74 / 68
Movepool Additions: Wish, Heal Bell, Recover
Movepool Removals:
Justification: Primarina, but it's Milotic. That's it, that's the sub.

Name of the Pokemon: Thundurus-Incarnate
Roles: Special Wall, Fast Pivot
Type: Electric
Abilities: Levitate
Stat Distribution: 128 / 60 / 70 / 95 / 130 / 130
Movepool Additions: Parabolic Charge, Slack Off
Movepool Removals: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Lash Out, Superpower, Weather Ball, Volt Switch, U-Turn
Custom Elements: Parabolic Charge [80 BP, Electric, Special, Heals 50%]
Justification: Have some fun with this lol, Fast, a Special Wall that can switch in, eat something, and volt switch out. Parabolic Charge is usable, and Slack Off is also usable. Also focused on making this kind of bad at doing anything other than being a wall :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:comfey:
Name of the Pokemon: Comfey
Role(s): Special wall, CM breaker, defog
Type: Fairy/Grass
Abilities: Flower Veil
Stat Distribution: 101 / 52 / 90 / 92 / 110 / 40
Movepool Additions: Rotten Flowers*, Synthesis, Earth Power, Moonblast, Stun Spore
Movepool Removals: Nasty Plot
Custom Elements: Rotten Flowers (Fairy Core Enforcer clone)
Justification: Lots of special bulk, an immunity to status and the ability to shut off abilities make Comfey highly resilient. Additional utility through Aromatherapy and Defog provides team support to give Comfey roles outside of just being fat, and U-Turn keeps it from being a momentum sink. Calm Mind+DKiss give it some offensive use. Limiting recovery to Leech Seed, Synthesis and DKiss keeps it from being too fat given its near Ferrothorn-level bulk.

:scizor:
Name of the Pokemon: Scizor
Role(s): Physical Wall, defensive pivot, hazards, defog
Type: Steel/Fire
Abilities: Grassy Surge
Stat Distribution: 70 / 100 / 130 / 55 / 80 / 65
Movepool Additions: Sacred Fire, Stealth Rock, Grassy Glide
Justification: Grassy Surge halves its weakness to Earthquake, giving it some surprising longevity with the additional Leftovers from the terrain. Sacred Fire amplifies its physical bulk through burn spreading, and Stealth Rock gives it some utility. Grassy Glide could be cool to deter Waters but I'm not sure how well you slot it in.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
:ss/vespiquen:
Name of the Pokemon: Vespiquen
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter (Toxic Spikes), Hazard Removal (Defog), Cleric
Type: Bug / Fairy
Abilities: Sticky Hold / Shield Dust / Heatproof
Stat Distribution: 95/90/95/40/55/105 (480)
Movepool Additions: Leech Life, Spirit Break, Knock Off, Lunge, Skitter Smack, Wish
Movepool Removals: U-Turn, Dual Wingbeat, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics
Custom Elements: Beeswax Candle - Physical Bug-type Scald
Justification: Vespiquen's main gimmick is being a fast wall. It benefits from hitting first with its Scald clone, Knock Off and Spirit Break. Vespiquen's typing is good physically, as it resists common physical types (Ground, Dark, Fighting and Grass), though it has a few pesky weaknesses. T-Spikes, Defog, Wish and Aromatherapy are its main utility options besides the fast-wall-intended moves. Sticky Hold is good for keeping Boots on, making it a solid Knock Off deterrent.
:ss/kommo-o:
Name of the Pokemon: Kommo-o
Role(s): Special Wall, Defensive Pivot, Phazer, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock)
Type: Dragon / Electric
Abilities: Overcoat / Long Reach / Soundproof
Stat Distribution: 85/95/70/70/120/50 (490)
Movepool Additions: Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Recover
Movepool Removals: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Clangorous Soul, Belly Drum
Justification: Kommo-o's typing is amazing for a specially defensive mon, resisting common special types (Water, Flying, Electric and Fire). Kommo-o has many opportunities to switch-in to special attacks, and slow Volt Switch gives it opportunities to bring teammates in safely. Taunt, Toxic and Stealth Rock give it more utility. STAB Dragon Tail could be used in a more niche phazer set.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Going to close submissions tomorrow- here's some input on the various submissions.

:ss/mudsdale:
Mudsdale
Roles: Physical Wall, Stealth Rock Setter, Mixed Wall
Type: Ground/Fighting
Abilities: Own Tempo/Inner Fortitude* (H: Inner Focus)
Stats: 100/135/105/65/95/50 (BST: 550)
Movepool Additions: Bulk Up, Pain Split, Wide Guard
Removed Moves: None
Custom Elements: Inner Fortitude: When this Pokémon has 1/2 or less of its maximum HP, rounded down, its Defense and Special Defense are doubled. Immune to Intimidate.
Description: M4A Mudsdale.

:ss/snom:
Snom (Not Eviolite Compatible)
Roles: Special Wall, Toxic Spikes Setter
Type: Ice/Poison
Abilities: Poison Point (H: Ice Scales)
Stats: 95 / 50 / 100 / 115 / 85 / 105 (BST: 520)
Movepool Additions: Infestation, Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Haze, Hail, Ice Shard, Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Gastro Acid, Poison Sting, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench, Venoshock, Recover
Removed Moves: This thing's movepool is non-existent. Why would I remove anything
Description: Ice/Poison may not be a very good defensive typing, but 95/100/219 bulk (idk, ask anaconja & EeveeGirl), 115 SpA to keep it from being too passive, & Utility in Infestation, priority, haze, toxic spikes, recovery, & toxic keep it usable. It also has an above average Spe stat. These may seem like strong traits except for its weakness to SR which hold it down slightly, forcing it to run HDB.
Mudsdale looks fine but Snom may be too much with that insane mixed bulk and reliable recovery. It's even fast and strong, really see no faults here outside of the typing which isn't too much of a dealbreaker when it has a Blissey-esque sponge role and can wall neutral hits for days anyways. Could be toned down a bit.

This is the moment we've all been waiting for

This one is RNG

:ss/eldegoss:
Name of the Pokemon: Eldegoss
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Control (Defog), Revenge Killer (Mach Punch), Physical Attacker
Type: Grass / Fairy
Abilities: Tangling Hair / Regenerator
Stat Distribution: 65 / 95 / 120 / 85 / 85 / 55 (BST: 505)
Movepool Additions: Mach Punch, Defog, Bullet Seed, Play Rough
Movepool Removals: Cotton Guard
Justification: Eldegoss is a nice Physical Wall that has access to Mach Punch for Steel-types, Regenerator for recovery, and Defog to get rid of hazards. Some can also appreciate the other moves added to it, such as Bullet Seed or Play Rough. However, to make up for this, Eldegoss has low special bulk, having 55 Speed, and the removal in Cotton Guard.

This one isn't RNG

:ss/xatu:
Name of the Pokemon: Xatu
Role(s): Special Wall, Special Tank
Type: Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Early Bird / Magic Bounce / Delta Stream
Stat Distribution: 80 / 50 / 65 / 100 / 105 / 95 (BST: 490)
Movepool Additions: Psystrike, Hurricane
Movepool Removals: Roost
Justification: Xatu is an amazing special tank, with two great abilities in Magic Bounce and Delta Stream. Getting actual STABs in the form of Psystrike and Hurricane is cool, so it can actually run a Specs set. In case if your wondering if a Wall role works, yes, it does, and it has the moves it can use in order to do so. Dual Screens is also pretty cool as well. However, removing Roost leaves this birb with its only recovery options being Pain Split and Rest, which are kinda inconvenient, and it only has a 65 Def stat.
Xatu is, conceptually, a bit of an awkward special wall due to rockers typically being physical and therefore skewing it towards being a mixed wall. The typing is also pretty awful for walling special hits. Also, the addition of better STABs while removing recover really makes it more of an offensive pivot anyways. Consider retyping and changing your movepool additions/subtractions to make it optimally a special wall. Removing Magic Bounce would also dissuade physdef bias.

:swsh/milotic:
Name of the Pokemon: Milotic
Role(s): Physical Wall, Physical Tank
Type: Water / Fairy
Abilities: Dazzling
Stat Distribution: 90 / 60 / 95 / 80 / 65 / 70
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind
Movepool Removals: Ice moves
Justification: Physical Tank with recovery and a great typing. Having Dazzling also makes it have a nice Immunity to priority moves. The problem with this is mostly the low SpD, being only 65, and its mid-tier SpA and Spe to accompany its toolset.

:swsh/stoutland:
Name of The Pokémon: Stoutland
Role(s): Physical Attacker, Defensive Pivot, Special Wall
Type: Normal / Steel
Stat Distribution: 70 / 90 / 70 / 50 / 100 / 75
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, U-Turn
Justification: A p nice pivot that has good attack and good special defense with a decent HP. Its major drawbacks are its eh speed and defense.
Stoutland is a lot more a pivot than a wall due to pivot move access, decent offensive presence, and especially regenerator. Maybe remove pivoting and give it something like a hazard instead?

:ss/zacian:
Name of the Pokemon: Zacian
Role(s): Physical Wall, Cleric, Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Steadfast
Stat Distribution: 90 / 80 / 115 / 80 / 70 / 130
Movepool Additions: Calm Mind, Heal Bell, Fire Blast, U-Turn, Wish
Justification: Surprisingly, the removal of Intrepid Sword (and some stats for balance purposes) allows Zacian to fill a very interesting role as a fast wall. Can use CM to patch up its below-average special bulk, and can pass reasonably large Wishes, as well as using Heal Bell on more defensive teams. Would probably be too much if it got slow pivoting like Teleport, but instead it has to rely on U-Turn, making it very rarely able to get allies in safely.

:ss/stunfisk:
Name of the Pokemon: Stunfisk
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter (SR, Spikes), Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Storm Drain / Oblivious / Electric Surge
Stat Distribution: 109 / 46 / 84 / 86 / 139 / 42
Movepool Additions: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Spikes, Volt Switch, Will-O-Wisp
Movepool Removals: all Ground moves (except Spikes and Scorching Sands), Scald
Justification: Very cool defensive typing, with the option to run Storm Drain to remove its weakness to Water (as well as a solution to its slight passivity). The lack of reliable recovery is, of course, its main weakness, as it is prone to being worn down throughout the game. Still, role compression in Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Volt Switch for pivoting makes it a great choice for teams that want a non-passive defensive pivot. Plus, its special bulk is so massive and its resistances are so many that it can handle basically any special attacker without breaking a sweat (assuming they don't have EP). It can also run passable offensive pivot sets with Electric Surge, though its speed is very low for the role, so ESurge is mostly for enabling later Unburden or Surge Surfer mons.
Zacian's speed+u-turn access makes it a full blown pivot. It exists to generate momentum and shore up bulky offense with wish. CM sets only further divorce it from being a wall. Try to alter its tempo (via speed or pivoting, probably the latter) so it's not super pivot. The fisk is cool tho

we do a little primal weathering

:bw/rhyperior:
Name of the Pokemon: Rhyperior
Role(s): Hazard Removal, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock), Physical Wall
Type:
|

Abilities: Desolate Land
Stat Distribution: 115 / 125 / 125 / 55 / 55 / 45
Movepool Additions: Rapid Spin
Justification: 1v1s defensive waters with its bulk, even if they have Ice Beam. due to DESOLATE LAND. also has Rapid Spin, wich is a really good option for it. it has a high HP and a high Defense stat, so it can tank physical hits really well to set stealth rocks.

:ss/runerigus:
Name of the Pokemon: Runerigus
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter
Type:
|

Abilities: Wandering Spirit
Stat Distribution: 60 / 90 / 85 / 65 / 145 / 30
Movepool Additions: Specter Press, Spikes
Custom Element: Specter Press [90 BP Ghost Type Body Press that uses Special Defense to calculate damage, but is still a physical move.], Wandering Spirit [Switches abilities with Opponent on entry, like pillage.]
Justification: big special bulk, along with acceptable defensive typing. Wandering Spirit is now basically Pillage from FE, buuut thats mostly fine due to its low HP and low-ish physical bulk (also i think its fine as a custom because its basically wandering spirit, but on switch-in instead of on-contact). also has yknow rocks toxic spikes and spikes. and specter press keeps it from beeing too passive
Amnesia on Runerigus could get a bit nasty because of Specter Press.

:ss/stunfisk-galar:
Name of the Pokemon: Galarian Stunfisk
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter, Electric Immunity, Status Absorber
Type:

Abilities: Mimicry, Iron Barbs | Grassy Surge
Stat Distribution: 120 / 70 / 70 / 85 / 85 / 30 | 460
Movepool Additions: Scorching Sands, Spiky Shield, Spikes, Toxic
Custom Elements: Snap Trap is now a Steel-type version of Magma Storm.
Justification:
Pro: very bulky, hard to switch into for offense, can easily spread status, provides Grassy Terrain support
Con: no reliable recovery, passive
Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Abilty: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Scorching Sands
- Snap Trap / Toxic
- Spiky Shield

:ss/luvdisc:
Name of the Pokemon: Luvdisc
Role(s): Physical Wall, Cleric, Stallbreaker, Pivot, Special Attacker
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim, Hydration | Natural Cure
Stat Distribution: 60 / 50 / 150 / 95 / 70 / 115 | 540
Movepool Additions: Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Encore, Flip Turn, Recover, Sparkly Swirl, Taunt
Justification:
Pro: great physical bulk, reliable recovery, very versatile, fast
Con: bad special bulk, useless in hazard war
Luvdisc @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Abilty: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flip Turn
- Sparkly Swirl
- Recover
- Taunt / Encore / Toxic

Luvdisc @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Sparkly Swirl / Draining Kiss
- Recover / Substitute

Luvdisc @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkly Swirl
- Flip Turn
- Scald / Ice Beam
Luvdisc is another case of the pivot overshining the wall. It's fine for walls to pivot but when its so fast it will be keeping up tempo very efficiently.

Ill post my defensive core i n a bit but uh,I want in on council again

Bless RNGsus, time for OU Clean Slate!

:ss/dustox:
Name of the Pokemon: Dustox
Role(s): Physical Wall, Set Up Sweeper
Type: Poison / Flying
Abilities:
Shield Dust / Effect Spore | HA: Poison Touch
Stat Distribution: 77 HP / 78 Atk / 119 Def / 80 SpA / 71 SpD / 52 Spe
Movepool Additions: U-turn, Air Slash, Toxic Spikes
Movepool Removals: Defog
Justification: Dustox serves as a great defensive wall thanks to its useful Poison / Flying typing walling a number of prominent physical types. It can also attempt a Quiver Dance set but its stat s seem a bit too underwhelming for that. Mon can also spam the greatest U-turn in the game.

:ss/virizion:
Name of the Pokemon: Virizion
Role(s): Stallbreaker, Special Wall, Trapping
Type: Steel / Grass
Abilities:
Justified / Sap Sipper | HA: Steely Spirit
Stat Distribution: 61 HP / 90 Atk / 86 Def / 70 SpA / 129 SpD / 108 Spe
Movepool Additions: Anchor Shot, Doom Desire, Power Whip, Leech Seed
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance, Close Combat
Justification: Earl had a snappy example for a role, and I knew I was planning on going Steel / Grass with this, so I decided to say fuck it! Virizion plays like a hybrid of Heatran, Ferrothorn and probably something else I dont know. Its pretty fast for a wall, which improves its matchup versus other walls.
Virizion' Choice Band set looks pretty nasty compared to full wall sets. This is mainly due to the dual 120 BP stabs and a great speed tier, I'm sure removing Power Whip would probably make wall sets a lot more appealing.

View attachment 398560

CLAYDOL

Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Hazard Removal, Room Setter...?
Abilities: Rough Skin | Bulletproof
Stat Distribution: 100 / 70 / 130 / 70 / 90 / 60 | 530
Movepool Additions: Roost, Air Slash
Movepool Removals: Psyshock, Psychic, Calm Mind
Justification:
Stealth Rock? Rapid Spin? Recovery? Its yours, my friend, as long as you have enough weaknesses.

MISSINGNO.

Role(s): Special Wall, Defensive Pivot, Cleric
Stat Distribution: 90 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 140 / 60 | 530
Movepool Additions: Pain Split, U-Turn, Shadow Ball, Wish, Heal Bell, Multi-Attack
Justification:
ERROR 404: Missingno is a special wall bent on both healing it's allies and chipping it's foes. Regen + Teleport allows for passive healing while it's bizarre coverage in it's Gen 1 movepool along with Multi-Attack allows Missingno to use coverage options as a final slot.​
Broken PNG on Claydol + missingno kind of crazy with a slow u-turn and that blanket-wall typing. Not a case of being too good of a pivot just a case of being generally too good.

Name of the Pokemon: Relicanth
Roles: Physical Wall, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock)
Type:

Abilities: Abyssal Light* / Solid Rock
Stat Distribution: 120/90/100/85/75/45 (BST: 515)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp
Custom Elements: Abyssal Light- Lightning Rod but for Dark and it boosts Special Defense. (see CS1 Lanturn and CS2 Starmie)
Justification: I think this my 4th time trying to sub this fish. Relicanth is a Rock/Ghost type, a type combo that currently does not exist in vanilla mons. While Rock/Ghost is normally a subpar defensive type, the immunity to Dark provided by Abyssal Light essentially makes it a rock type with a fighting immunity and a ghost weakness. Solid Rock is a less reliable answer to Dark types but it provides better defense against Water/Grass/Ground/Ghost. Does pretty standard physical wall stuff, with Stealth Rock and Will-O-Wisp. Its Attack is solid, so like CS1 Nihilego, it can run STAB Head Smash to surprise unsuspecting opponents.

Name of the Pokemon: Lapras
Roles: Special Wall, Stallbreaker, Set Up (Dragon Dance)
Type:

Abilities: Thick Fat / Shell Armor
Stat Distribution: 130/95/70/95/95/70 (BST: 555)
Movepool Additions: Soak
Movepool Removals: Perish Song
Justification: Lapras is a special wall/tank with the deadly combo of Soak + Freeze-Dry. It does have high stats, but is balanced out by the lack of reliable recovery (life dew doesn't count). It can run Dragon Dance, but it doesn't have enough attack or a powerful Ice STAB. Thick Fat grants Lapras a resistance to Fire.
Lapras seems really unreliable as a wall with no recovery, instead focusing on a convoluted Nasty Plot to make progress. It also lacks utility otherwise so I don't see it being very viable either.

:ss/Quagsire:
Pokémon:Quagsire
Roles:Physical Wall,Hazard Setter(Spikes)
Type:Water/Ground
Abilties:Water Absorb/Damp(Unaware)
Stat Distribution:95/105/95/70/65/45(BST:475)
Movepool Additions:Spikes
Justification:Guess who!It’s Quagsire with beefed up stats and Spikes.

:ss/darmanitan-zen:
Pokemon:Darmanitan-Zen
Roles:Special Wall,Defensive Pivot
Type:Fire/Psychic
Abilities:Mountaineer
Mountaineer:You know what it doesThe user is immune to Rock type moves on the turn they switch in,including Stealth Rock
Stat Distribution:100/70/70/105/105/25(BST:475)
Movepool Additions:Blaze Out(Fire type Volt Switch),Recover
Justification:A good defensive pivot,and special wall.
Unaware with good stats is never a fun time. I'd recommend removing Unaware, especially because this is a very small metagame.

:ss/starmie:
Name of the Pokemon: Starmie
Role(s): Physical Wall, Fast Pivot, Spinner, Scarfer
Type:

Abilities: Regenerator | Natural Cure
Stat Distribution: 70/75/110/95/80/115 (545 BST)
Justification: A regen wall that also spins, pivots, and is fast which can make it a solid glue and wall for your team. A weakness to the pivoting moves should be able to keep it in check however.

:ss/centiskorch:
Name of the Pokemon: Centiskorch
Role(s): Special Wall, Status Absorber, MGLO Breaker, Spikes setter
Type:

Abilities: Magic Guard | Flame Body
Stat Distribution: 100/85/65/90/100/70 (510)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Spikes
Justification: Centiskorch as a pretty cool defensive typing and magic guard will patch of some of its major weaknesses, being stealth rocks and status. Fire lash/flare blitz and the option of mglo makes skorch less passive, and coil can also make it a dangerous set up sweeper like how clefable is in OU. Spikes would also be a nice option to run. However even with all these upsides, Centiskorch still has a few downsides in having a 4x weakness to rock and a susceptible defense stat before a coil boost. Centiskorch and Starmie would make a nice defensive core as they patch eachothers weaknesses quite well, but not to the point they'd be unbreakable.
Starmie's speed+flip turn makes it way more of a pivot than a wall. You can be both but I want the wall to be the more important aspect.

Name of the Pokemon: Primarina
Role: Physical Wall
Type: Water
Abilities: Torrent / Liquid Voice | Marvel Scale
Stat Distribution: 100 / 65 / 110 / 100 / 74 / 68
Movepool Additions: Wish, Heal Bell, Recover
Movepool Removals:
Justification: Primarina, but it's Milotic. That's it, that's the sub.

Name of the Pokemon: Thundurus-Incarnate
Roles: Special Wall, Fast Pivot
Type: Electric
Abilities: Levitate
Stat Distribution: 128 / 60 / 70 / 95 / 130 / 130
Movepool Additions: Parabolic Charge, Slack Off
Movepool Removals: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Lash Out, Superpower, Weather Ball
Custom Elements: Parabolic Charge [80 BP, Electric, Special, Heals 50%]
Justification: Have some fun with this lol, Fast, a Special Wall that can switch in, eat something, and volt switch out. Parabolic Charge is usable, and Slack Off is also usable. Also focused on making this kind of bad at doing anything other than being a wall :thumbsup:
Fast walls are cool, but I'd remove pivoting moves if being a fast wall is the main goal. Otherwise it's a lot better as a very, very fat offensive pivot.

:ss/vespiquen:
Name of the Pokemon: Vespiquen
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter (Toxic Spikes), Hazard Removal (Defog), Cleric
Type: Bug / Fairy
Abilities: Sticky Hold / Shield Dust / Heatproof
Stat Distribution: 95/90/95/40/55/105 (480)
Movepool Additions: Leech Life, Spirit Break, Knock Off, Lunge, Skitter Smack
Custom Elements: Beeswax Candle - Physical Bug-type Scald
Justification: Vespiquen's main gimmick is being a fast wall. It benefits from hitting first with its Scald clone, Knock Off and Spirit Break. Vespiquen's typing is good physically, as it resists common physical types (Ground, Dark, Fighting and Grass), though it has a few pesky weaknesses. T-Spikes, Defog, Aromatherapy and STAB U-Turn are its main utility options besides the fast-wall-intended moves. Sticky Hold is good for keeping Boots on, making it a solid Knock Off deterrent.
:ss/kommo-o:
Name of the Pokemon: Kommo-o
Role(s): Special Wall, Defensive Pivot, Phazer, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock)
Type: Dragon / Electric
Abilities: Overcoat / Long Reach / Soundproof
Stat Distribution: 85/95/70/70/120/50 (490)
Movepool Additions: Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Recover
Movepool Removals: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Clangorous Soul, Belly Drum
Justification: Kommo-o's typing is amazing for a specially defensive mon, resisting common special types (Water, Flying, Electric and Fire). Kommo-o has many opportunities to switch-in to special attacks, and slow Volt Switch gives it opportunities to bring teammates in safely. Taunt, Toxic and Stealth Rock give it more utility. STAB Dragon Tail could be used in a more niche phazer set.
Does Vespi get U-Turn? If it does it's probably going to be running max attack max speed sets to abuse all of the good offensive moves it has. Kommo is cool though

That's all I have to say. If I said nothing about a sub that means its epic. If you have any questions hmu on disc

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Voting is open- vote for each player's pair, 5 votes instead of 3, like you will see in my votes. You cannot vote yourself first.

Scoopapa
earl
Tuthur
Squawkerz
Beaf Cultist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)