Clean Slate

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Finished. thoughts?
Compared to Lumi I think Garbo is just a tad too strong- 90/92 special bulk is not poor at all and Trash Pile allows you to invest almost fully in special defense anyhow, seeing as EQ isn't going to be survivable with any amount of investment. 105 attack+strong STABs is a little iffy but nothing insane, may opt for tank over wall a lot of the time

I'd recommend a bulk decrease (90/132/90 with a fluffy clone is insane compared to lumi), probably in the HP department, and maybe replacing Gyro Ball with Iron Head (or something similar) or an attack decrease. Overall a cool concept of a blanket physical wall with a very common achilles heel

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Happy to see my idea come to fruition, despite the fact that I'm not as interested in Pet Mods as I used to be c:

Name of the Pokemon: Magcargo
Role(s): Physical Wall, Stealth Rock Setter
Type: Fire
Abilities: Magma Armor, Flame Body, Water Absorb
Stat Distribution: 80/50/140/90/70/30 (BST: 460)
Movepool Additions: None
Movepool Removals: None
Custom Elements: None
Justification: Whether you love Magcargo or not, you gotta admit it's really gotten the shaft. Its base stat total in standard is only 410, it has one of the worst defensive typings in the game, and it is way too slow to make good use of Shell Smash. Magcargo deserves a bit more love, so I tried my best to fix two of those and make the third problem not too much of an issue anymore. Its movepool is actually kind of not bad; it has Lava Plume, which is basically Fire-type Scald, it has Will-o-Wisp for instant burns if you really need it, it has reliable recovery in Recover, it has Stealth Rock, and some other niche options like Amnesia, Acid Armor, and Yawn. Changing its typing to pure Fire removes its quad weaknesses, which was one of its biggest issues, and its physical bulk is good enough to take some neutral hits, and it makes it an okay blanket check to physical mons, though obviously it should be kept away from super effective ones. I buffed its physical bulk a decent bit as well to supplement this. However, for a defensive Pokemon, its special bulk is very lacking, so it's best to keep it away from special attacks at all times, unless its typing or ability allows it to check those (i gave it Water Absorb, by the way. just thought it'd be nice and kinda make sense).

Name of the Pokemon: Corsola
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter, Status Absorber
Type: Water/Rock
Abilities: Hustle, Natural Cure, Rough Skin
Stat Distribution: 95/55/75/95/115/55 (BST: 490)
Movepool Additions: Spikes
Justification: That's right, another forgotten gen 2 Rock-type. I swear I just /randpoked a bunch on Showdown until I got some mons I thought would be cool, but I came up with Magcargo before I thought of a physical wall and I just happened to think Corsola would be cool for the special one. Either way, Corsola already has two great abilities, (EDIT: I REMOVED REGEN SO I GAVE IT HUSTLE BACK) and Rough Skin made sense here and helps it punish physical attackers so I thought it'd be nice. Its movepool, like Magcargo, has some good and interesting options, like Scald, Recover, Stealth Rock, and Magic Coat, so I didn't think it'd be necessary to add much here, but Spikes just gives it that much more utility on teams that already have Stealth Rock users.

100% done (unless changes are needed) so feel free to give thoughts!

Last edited:
Compared to Lumi I think Garbo is just a tad too strong- 90/92 special bulk is not poor at all and Trash Pile allows you to invest almost fully in special defense anyhow, seeing as EQ isn't going to be survivable with any amount of investment. 105 attack+strong STABs is a little iffy but nothing insane, may opt for tank over wall a lot of the time

I'd recommend a bulk decrease (90/132/90 with a fluffy clone is insane compared to lumi), probably in the HP department, and maybe replacing Gyro Ball with Iron Head (or something similar) or an attack decrease. Overall a cool concept of a blanket physical wall with a very common achilles heel
Thanks for the feedback! I reduced HP and Atk by 20 to 70 and 85 respectively. Also lowered Def to 122 just to be safe. Do you like?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon: Forretress
Roles: Physical Wall, Spinner, Hazard Setter
Type: Steel / Bug
Abilities: Sturdy / Pressure | Natural Cure (HA)
Base Stats: 80 / 90 / 140 / 60 / 80 / 60 (510 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Taunt, U-Turn, Spiky Shield
Movepool Removals: Power Trick, Earthquake, Magnet Rise
Uses: This new version of Forretress is supposed to work as as primarily as a Physical wall, but may also work as a Spinner and Hazard Setter. Steel / Bug is an impressive defensive typing, only one 4x weak to Fire which can be handled by allies anyways. Slack Off is added as a healing move that the original Forretress didn't have and U-Turn is a passive attack that allows at least moderate damage. Spiky Shield is to annoy contact move abusers a bit further as it can make them lose HP upon contact.

Pokemon: Audino
Roles: Special Wall, Cleric, Trick Room Setter, Defensive Pivot
Type: Normal / Fairy
Abilities: Non-Violent* | Regenerator (HA)
Base Stats: 103 / 60 / 75 / 86 / 126 / 60 (510 BST)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Moonblast
Movepool Removals: Simple Beam, Knock Off
Custom Elements: Non-Violent (Thick Fat clone; receive half damage from Fighting-type and Dark-type moves.)
Uses: Plays similarly to Chansey in OU but less overspecialized and a bit more passive. With Recover, Audino is able to heal itself, especially if running Regenerator. Non-Violent allows to take half damage from Fighting (and the already resisted Dark-type), essentially making a good counter to Ghost/Fighting coverage. However, its Defense is not that impressive and thus could have hard time dealing with more physical oriented threats, especially those with Steel or Poison moves.

Warn me if either of them would be too overwhelming. I was used to submit stuff with OU in mind, and not into non-OU metagames.

Last edited:
Physical Wall - Claydol
(Other roles: Hazard control, Calm Mind user, Trick Room setter)
Type: Fairy / Ground
Abilities: Poison Heal / Levitate
Stat Distribution: 91 HP / 52 Atk / 117 Def / 104 SpA / 91 SpD / 52 Spe (507 BST)
Movepool Additions: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Recover
Justification: First and foremost, I've decided the Fairy / Ground typing would be ideal for the main physical wall. Rock, Fighting, and Dark are commonly labeled as "physical types" due to somewhat of a lack of reliable special options for such typings. Fairy / Ground is also, in general, a fresh and solid type combo that provides lots of interesting resistances and weaknesses. In terms of ability, Poison Heal enables it to avoid Toxic and get considerable added recovery every turn, whereas Levitate not only allows it to take on Ground-types but also be a solid remover of Toxic Spikes. The combo of typing and Levitate is also key for it to avoid most STAB combos commonly associated with physical attackers, namely Rock + Fighting and Rock + Ground. Statwise, I wanted to keep things similar to OU levels for new players to be able to pick up with more ease. 100 / 100 would be good bulk, so 91 / 117 would be slightly above average whereas its special bulk in 91 / 91 leaves a bit to be desired but is still decent enough to take on weaker special attackers whose STAB are resisted. I decided it should be rather slow in 52 (again, assuming a metagame where 100 Speed is good) but it would have decent offensive presence with 104 SpA and Calm Mind. Finally, it keeps Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, making it a solid form of hazard control, but picking both means giving up on a STAB move, giving it some sort of 4MSS (unless its indeed able to forfeit one STAB move without issues, but that depends on the metagame, this is somewhat circumvented by its typing being great offensively but its still dependant on the metagame). It can also run Calm Mind to threaten special attackers alike, but once again, must give up on a hazard control move or a STAB.

Special Wall - Haxorus
(Other roles: Fast Wall, Set up Sweeper, Spikes setter)
Type: Dragon / Steel
Abilities: Bulletproof / Flash Fire
Stat Distribution: 102 HP / 102 Atk / 85 Def / 85 SpA / 102 SpD / 102 Spe (578 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Coil, Iron Head, Spikes
Justification: From the get-go, I knew I wanted a Dragon-type as the special wall, resisting typical special types in Fire, Electric, Grass, and Water. Steel complemented it nicely, taking on Psychic-types and giving it plenty of resistances. Flash Fire can be picked to turn the now Fire-type neutrality into an immunity, whereas Bulletproof helps it take random special attacks like Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, and Sludge Bomb. For its stats, making it speedy gives it a Zapdos-like choice of whether or not to invest on Speed. Decent Attack gives it great offensive presence, whereas its special bulk can be pretty good, but could crumble if it goes Jolly. As for moves, Slack Off lets it keep itself healthy, Coil gives it yet another setup option, Spikes gives it a solid hazard choice, and finally Iron Head provides a more reliable STAB. So even though Haxorus is a bit more leaned to the offensive side of the spectrum, it still can be a staple special wall with some rather unique traits.

Name of the Pokemon: Celesteela
Role(s): Physical Wall, Defoger, Cleric
Type:

Abilities
: Aroma Veil / Heatproof / Filter (HA)
Stat Distribution: 97 / 97 / 107 / 107 / 83 / 59 ( BST: 550 )
Movepool Additions: Whirlwind, Roost, Defog, Wish, Aromatherapy.
Movepool Removals: Autotomize, Superpower.
Justification: At normal OU this mon is usually used as a Physical Wall due to its limited amount of weaknesses and huge amount of resistances (Resists Psychic, Fairy, Dragon, Normal, Flying and Steel; strongly reisists Bug and Grass and it's inmune to Ground and Poison, and most of them are usually physically oriented). Now, it obviously suffered from some stuff, such as its weakness to the ever-present Fire and Electric types, and now it can avoid them with Filter and Heatproof. It also likes having a wider supportive monepool on Whirlwind, Roost, Defog, Wish and Aromatherapy.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Pokemon Name:
Cofagrigus
Roles: Physical Wall, Calm Mind Sweeper, Trick Room Setter
Types:

Abilities: Mummy / Rough Skin / Cursed Body
Stats: 70 / 50 / 140 / 92 / 78 / 40 (BST: 470)
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot, Flash Cannon, Foul Play
Movepool Removals: Haze, Nasty Plot
Justification: I think that ghost types have a pretty good potential to become physical wall. They have a key immunity to fighting and they almost all have access to Will-o-Wisp, a really interesting defensive move. I choose Cofagrigus to represent that typing because his desing implies that it is more of a defensive-oriented pokemon. This new Cofagrigus has a lot of tool to punish physical attackers: We can think about W-o-W and his signature ability, Mummy, but it has now a lot more toys to play with. His newfound type only has one weakness to fairy, so it doesn't need to worry about the other types of coverage. He also has Foul Play and Rough Skin to help him out. But of you don't want to use it as a big, heavy physical wall, he can also perform a lot more roles. To balance this out, he doesn't have access to reliable recovery, and is pretty weak on the special side.

Pokemon Name: Nihilego
Roles: Special Wall, Hazard Control
Abilities: Levitate / Unaware
Types:

Movepool Additions: Rapid Spin, Haze, Venom Slam*, Recover
Stats: 101 / 83 / 67 / 89 / 119 / 101 (BST: 550)
Custom Elements: Venom Slam | Beak Blast clone that is posion type and that toxifies instead of burning
Justification: Nihilego was already a special wall, so I figures out it wouldn't be that hard to give it this role. Rock/Posion with Levitate is a surprisingly good defensive type with weaknesses to only water, steel and psychic. I also gave him more tools to work as an effective and less predictable wall, such as Unaware, Recover, and its new move, Venon Slam, which would give a little more pressure to physical attacker. It can also function as a great hazard control, with TSpikes, SR, Rapid Spin and Levitate to avoid spikes and Sticky Web. Unfortunately, it still has a pretty weak physical bulk, and, to be honest, Rock/Poison isn't that great, especially offensively.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Shuckle
Roles: Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Sturdy / Strategic Retreat* / Contrary (HA)
Base Stats: 75 / 50 / 180 / 10 / 60 / 5 (380 BST)
Movepool Additions: Recover, U-Turn, Seismic Toss
Custom Elements: Strategic Retreat: On switch-in, this Pokemon's Defense or Sp. Defense is raised 1 stage based on the foes' higher attacking stat. If the foes' Attack>Sp. Attack, Defense is raised; if the foes' Sp. Attack>Attack, Sp. Defense is raised. (Download clone)
Uses: Shuckle's main trait is its access to both Sticky Web and Stealth Rock. It can utilize these hazards to support the team. Shuckle is also a great defensive pivot thanks to U-turn and the lowest Speed in the game, which allows it to bring teammates safely to the field. Shuckle's BST is quite low, but it has a great new ability that adjusts its bulk based on if the foe is a physical attacker or a special attacker.

Pokemon: Wailord
Roles: Special Wall, Special Attacker
Type:

Abilities: Water Veil / Oblivious / Liquid Voice (HA)
Base Stats: 170 / 45 / 45 / 90 / 90 / 60 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Boomburst, Calm Mind
Uses: Wailord is a bulky special wall with a great defensive typing and it isn't even that passive. Thanks to Liquid Voice it now has a powerful STAB in Boomburst and it can boost up with Calm Mind. Wailord's physical bulk is much worse though, so it requires some EV investment to survive powerful physical attacks.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
We got a lot of interesting submissions so far, with obvious choices like Celesteela and Shuckle but also much less obvious like Lumineon and my Audino.

I like to advice that BST should only matter if it indicate that it would be too high (so avoid submitting stuff at 680 BST as common sense tell you) and focus more on stat distribution. lyd's Haxorus designed as a Special Wall is a good example of the stat distribution being very reasonable despite the 570 BST; none of the stats are higher than 102, and instead makes this Haxorus a bit more of a jack-of-all-trade but with less useful Special Attack.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Gonna go through and comment on some subs:
Spdef wall
Name of the Pokemon: Malamar
Role(s): Spdef wall, utility, hazard control, attacker
Type: Dark/Fairy
Abilities: Aroma Veil, Immumity, Wonder Skin [H]
Stat Distribution: 90/50/85/115/115/80
Movepool Additions: Moonlight, Moonblast, Knock Off, Haze, Defog, Agility, Recover, Defense Curl, Flamethrower
Movepool Removals: Hypnosis, Psybeam, Psychic, Psycho Cut, Reflect
Custom Elements:
Justification: This thing is just a good utility mon, maybe like a Clef in OU. Has a cool defensive typing to take on special attackers with the stats to back it up. Can recover, defog, knock, as well as stuff like toxic. Can also Calm Mind and be a fat special attacker, I guess. Overall a Splashable pick
Mostly a good sub, I'd just recommend a relative speed nerf or the removal of flamethrower to make an offensive set less appealing, as a set of CM/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Recover with immunity seems like a pretty decent setup stallbreaker that still holds up against offense with speed investment. Also Malamar already knows Knock Off so no need to add it to the moves.

Name of the Pokemon: Florges
Role(s): Special Wall, Cleric
Type: Fairy
Abilities: Flower Veil / Regenerator / Symbiosis
Stat Distribution: 88/65/78/112/154/75
Movepool Additions: Recover, Thunder Wave
Movepool Removals:
Custom Elements:
Justification: Florges, also of Generation 6, has become the definitive special wall. It is not as powerful as Avalugg, but its weaknesses are not quite as pronounced.
By virtue of Regenerator this is also a defensive pivot, huge special bulk+regenerator and few (uncommon) weaknesses may set a very high power standard (compared to Avalugg who can easily be lured with common coverage), and forcing Poison/Steel coverage on special attackers from the get go is... questionable. Personally I think that removal of Regenerator would be the best route to take, if not that then the addition of a secondary type such as Grass and removing Recover to leave it with Wish/Synthesis to give it more common weaknesses and less consistent would also fix the issue.

Name of the Pokemon: Corsola
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter, Offensive Pivot
Type: Water/Rock
Abilities: Rough Skin, Natural Cure, Regenerator
Stat Distribution:
95/55/75/95/115/55 (BST: 490)
Movepool Additions: Spikes
Justification: That's right, another forgotten gen 2 Rock-type. I swear I just /randpoked a bunch on Showdown until I got some mons I thought would be cool, but I came up with Magcargo before I thought of a physical wall and I just happened to think Corsola would be cool for the special one. Either way, Corsola already has two great abilities, and Rough Skin made sense here and helps it punish physical attackers so I thought it'd be nice. Its movepool, like Magcargo, has some good and interesting options, like Scald, Recover, Stealth Rock, and Magic Coat, so I didn't think it'd be necessary to add much here, but Spikes just gives it that much more utility on teams that already have Stealth Rock users. Also, I thought it'd be interesting to give it a bit more Special Attack so it'd be an okay bulky offensive pivot with Choice Specs and Regen, it gets Earth Power and Ice Beam along with solid STABs and Hidden Power so that's cool, but probably not optimal so it'd be cool for surprises.
Access to Regenerator makes this a defensive pivot. Outside of that looks good, if your subs win we're looking at a lot of burns lol

Pokemon: Audino
Roles: Special Wall, Cleric, Trick Room Setter
Type: Normal / Fairy
Abilities: Non-Violent* / Regenerator | Magic Guard (HA)
Base Stats: 103 / 60 / 75 / 86 / 126 / 60 (510 BST)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Moonblast
Movepool Removals: Simple Beam, Knock Off
Custom Elements: Non-Violent (Thick Fat clone; receive half damage from Fighting-type and Dark-type moves.)
Uses: Plays similarly to Chansey in OU but less overspecialized and a bit more passive. With Recover, Audino is able to heal itself, especially if running Regenerator. Magic Guard allows it to worry less on passive damage. Non-Violent allows to take half damage from Fighting, essentially making a good counter to Ghost/Fighting coverage. However, its Defense is not that impressive and thus could have hard time dealing with more physical oriented threats, especially those with Steel or Poison moves.
I don't believe 3 viable abilities are necessary here, especially a custom one that will almost definitely be shunned in favor of Magic Guard. Also due to Magic Guard I'd nerf its bulk, the inability to be chipped alongside a typing that has very few weaknesses would probably make it an efficient physical wall (look at Clef in OU as an example of how Magic Guard and typing totally inflates relative bulk) and a very proficient stallbreaker with Calm Mind. You could also just remove Magic Guard and focus on Regenerator and Non-Violent, if you do do this remember to list it as a defensive pivot too.

Physical Wall - Claydol
(Other roles: Hazard control, Calm Mind user, Trick Room setter)
Type: Fairy / Ground
Abilities: Poison Heal / Levitate
Stat Distribution: 91 HP / 52 Atk / 117 Def / 104 SpA / 91 SpD / 52 Spe (507 BST)
Movepool Additions: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Recover
Justification: First and foremost, I've decided the Fairy / Ground typing would be ideal for the main physical wall. Rock, Fighting, and Dark are commonly labeled as "physical types" due to somewhat of a lack of reliable special options for such typings. Fairy / Ground is also, in general, a fresh and solid type combo that provides lots of interesting resistances and weaknesses. In terms of ability, Poison Heal enables it to avoid Toxic and get considerable added recovery every turn, whereas Levitate not only allows it to take on Ground-types but also be a solid remover of Toxic Spikes. The combo of typing and Levitate is also key for it to avoid most STAB combos commonly associated with physical attackers, namely Rock + Fighting and Rock + Ground. Statwise, I wanted to keep things similar to OU levels for new players to be able to pick up with more ease. 100 / 100 would be good bulk, so 91 / 117 would be slightly above average whereas its special bulk in 91 / 91 leaves a bit to be desired but is still decent enough to take on weaker special attackers whose STAB are resisted. I decided it should be rather slow in 52 (again, assuming a metagame where 100 Speed is good) but it would have decent offensive presence with 104 SpA and Calm Mind. Finally, it keeps Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, making it a solid form of hazard control, but picking both means giving up on a STAB move, giving it some sort of 4MSS (unless its indeed able to forfeit one STAB move without issues, but that depends on the metagame, this is somewhat circumvented by its typing being great offensively but its still dependant on the metagame). It can also run Calm Mind to threaten special attackers alike, but once again, must give up on a hazard control move or a STAB.
Mind nerfing its special bulk by a fair amount? Poison heal+Stealth Rock resistance makes it very resilient to chip and would make it a good counter to a large amount of special attackers too (think of how OU Gliscor, despite poor special bulk, is considered a premeir Heatran check). That or you could just remove Poison Heal entirely as it almost completely outclasses Levitate (neutral to ground already and being immune to Tspikes doesn't matter when you're Poison Heal). So either tweak that special bulk or remove Poison Heal.

Special Wall - Haxorus
(Other roles: Fast Wall, Set up Sweeper, Spikes setter)
Type: Dragon / Steel
Abilities: Bulletproof / Flash Fire
Stat Distribution: 102 HP / 102 Atk / 85 Def / 85 SpA / 102 SpD / 102 Spe (578 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Coil, Iron Head, Spikes
Justification: From the get-go, I knew I wanted a Dragon-type as the special wall, resisting typical special types in Fire, Electric, Grass, and Water. Steel complemented it nicely, taking on Psychic-types and giving it plenty of resistances. Flash Fire can be picked to turn the now Fire-type neutrality into an immunity, whereas Bulletproof helps it take random special attacks like Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, and Sludge Bomb. For its stats, making it speedy gives it a Zapdos-like choice of whether or not to invest on Speed. Decent Attack gives it great offensive presence, whereas its special bulk can be pretty good, but could crumble if it goes Jolly. As for moves, Slack Off lets it keep itself healthy, Coil gives it yet another setup option, Spikes gives it a solid hazard choice, and finally Iron Head provides a more reliable STAB. So even though Haxorus is a bit more leaned to the offensive side of the spectrum, it still can be a staple special wall with some rather unique traits.
Bulletproof helping it take Sludge Bomb when it's already Steel-type :blobthinking:
Outside of that a bit of a relative physical defense nerf and maybe the removal of Swords Dance and Dragon Dance would skew it more towards Fast Special Wall than "Sweeper with really nice bulk and typing". I just think it's much too offense oriented at this point for it to really be considered a true wall.

Name of the Pokemon: Celesteela
Role(s): Physical Wall, Defoger, Cleric
Type:

Abilities
: Volt Absorb / Heatproof / Filter (HA)
Stat Distribution: 97 / 97 / 127 / 107 / 83 / 59 ( BST: 570 )
Movepool Additions: Whirlwind, Roost, Defog, Wish, Aromatherapy.
Movepool Removals: Autotomize, Superpower.
Justification: At normal OU this mon is usually used as a Physical Wall due to its limited amount of weaknesses and huge amount of resistances (Resists Psychic, Fairy, Dragon, Normal, Flying and Steel; strongly reisists Bug and Grass and it's inmune to Ground and Poison, and most of them are usually physically oriented). Now, it obviously suffered from some stuff, such as its weakness to the ever-present Fire and Electric types, which it no can avoidthanks to Volt Absorb and Heatproof. It also likes having a wider supportive monepool on Whirlwind, Roost, Defog, Wish and Aromatherapy.
:psynervous:Quite the power standard to start with. Huge special bulk+only one weakness+100000 resistances+reliable recovery+offensive presence in Heavy Slam+Flamethrower is very powerful. Remember that these original 2 walls are what sets the power standard of the rest of the mod, but if you really want a nearly-ubers level of power you don't have to change it. Also remember that you need a special wall.

Pokemon Name:
Cofagrigus
Roles: Physical Wall, Anti-Lead, Calm Mind Sweeper, Trick Room Setter
Types:

Abilities: Mummy / Rough Skin / Magic Bounce
Stats: 70 / 50 / 140 / 92 / 78 / 40 (BST: 470)
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot, Flash Cannon, Foul Play
Movepool Removals: Haze
Justification: I think that ghost types have a pretty good potential to become physical wall. They have a key immunity to fighting and they almost all have access to Will-o-Wisp, a really interesting defensive move. I choose Cofagrigus to represent that typing because his desing implies that it is more of a defensive-oriented pokemon. This new Cofagrigus has a lot of tool to punish physical attackers: We can think about W-o-W and his signature ability, Mummy, but it has now a lot more toys to play with. His newfound type only has one weakness to fairy, so it doesn't need to worry about the other types of coverage. He also has Foul Play and Rough Skin to help him out. But of you don't want to use it as a big, heavy physical wall, he can also perform a lot more roles. To balance this out, he doesn't have access to reliable recovery, and is pretty weak on the special side.
I think that removing Nasty Plot would dissaude from an OTR set over a wall, Magic Bounce seems a bit out of place compared to the power of his other 2 abilities and would probably always be used in order to dodge Toxic, bounce hazards, etc. I'd recommend removing it if you want the other 2 abilities to still see use.

Pokemon Name: Nihilego
Roles: Special Wall, Hazard Control, Sand Setter
Abilities: Levitate / Unaware / Sand Stream
Types:

Movepool Additions: Rapid Spin, Haze, Venom Sheath*
Stats: 101 / 41 / 67 / 127 / 131 / 103
Custom Elements: Venom Sheath | Baneful Bunker clone, but toxifies.
Justification: WIP
Still WIP but I'd just like to comment on A. Venom Sheath sounds super annoying especially on a 'Mon with poor physical defense and B. Is Sand Stream really necessary for something that already has 101/131 special bulk and 2 perfectly viable abilities?

Pokemon: Wailord
Roles: Special Wall, Special Attacker
Type:

Abilities: Water Veil / Oblivious / Liquid Voice (HA)
Base Stats: 170 / 45 / 45 / 90 / 90 / 60 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Boomburst, Calm Mind
Uses: Wailord is a bulky special wall with a great defensive typing and it isn't even that passive. Thanks to Liquid Voice it now has a powerful STAB in Boomburst and it can boost up with Calm Mind. Wailord's physical bulk is much worse though, so it requires some EV investment to survive powerful physical attacks.
Can't see this ever functioning as a pure Special Wall when it has access to STAB Water-type Boomburst. Would probably run CM/Recover/Boomburst/Ice Beam or whatever to be a slow setup sweeper, doesn't really appeal as a special wall at this point. Boomburst is the obvious suspect here, perhaps removing it and replacing Liquid Voice with an ability like Thick Fat would still leave it with Scald as a good utility STAB. Specs/Scarf Water Spout might also be a thing but that doesn't seem to powerful as it stands.

Overall the subs are looking great, don't take my criticism as anything other than constructive, it's amazing to see so many subs in less than 24 hours. Keep it up!

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I don't believe 3 viable abilities are necessary here, especially a custom one that will almost definitely be shunned in favor of Magic Guard. Also due to Magic Guard I'd nerf its bulk, the inability to be chipped alongside a typing that has very few weaknesses would probably make it an efficient physical wall (look at Clef in OU as an example of how Magic Guard and typing totally inflates relative bulk) and a very proficient stallbreaker with Calm Mind. You could also just remove Magic Guard and focus on Regenerator and Non-Violent, if you do do this remember to list it as a defensive pivot too.
I just removed Magic Guard from Audino and because of Regenerator, also added its Defensive Pivot role. Magic Guard will leave Audino being vulnerable to Toxic and other passive damage thus would make it easier to Physical attackers to finish her off.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Name of the Pokemon: Tentacruel
Role(s): Special Wall, Pivot, Hazard Control
Type: Water/Grass
Abilities: Clear Body / Liquid Ooze / Regenerator
Stat Distribution: 80/80/95/85/110/65
Movepool Additions: U-Turn
Justification: Tentacruel is a really nice pivot, because unlike Tornadus-Therian, it has low base Speed, allowing it to take a hit and then switch out to a teammate, as well as a good defensive typing that's not weak to Stealth Rock. It also has a great supporting movepool in Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Scald, Sludge Bomb, and Giga Drain.

Name of the Pokemon: Druddigon
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Status Spreader
Type: Dragon
Abilities: Rough Skin / Sheer Force / Terraguard
Stat Distribution: 90/90/120/60/77/48
Movepool Additions: Roost, Fire Punch, Dragon Hammer
Custom Elements: Terraguard: Absorbs Ground-type moves to boost Defense 1 stage.
Justification: Druddigon acts as a bulky Stealth Rock setter that can switch in multiple times thanks to Roost, which not many other mons have. Its hidden ability, Terraguard, allows it to check many Ground-type attackers that don't have Ice or Fairy coverage. Druddigon also has good support moves in Glare, Taunt, Dragon Tail, and Roar.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Name of the Pokemon: Tentacruel
Role(s): Special Wall, Pivot, Hazard Control
Type: Water/Grass
Abilities: Clear Body / Liquid Ooze / Regenerator
Stat Distribution: 80/95/80/95/100/65
Movepool Additions: U-Turn
Justification: Tentacruel is a really nice pivot, because unlike Tornadus-Therian, it has low base Speed, allowing it to take a hit and then switch out to a teammate, as well as a good defensive typing that's not weak to Stealth Rock. It also has a great supporting movepool in Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Scald, Sludge Bomb, and Giga Drain.
Any reason for both of its attacking stats to be relatively strong compared to its bulk? 95/95 offenses aren't bad at all compared to 80/80/100 bulk. Perhaps tone it down a bit in order to focus on the bulk more?

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Any reason for both of its attacking stats to be relatively strong compared to its bulk? 95/95 offenses aren't bad at all compared to 80/80/100 bulk. Perhaps tone it down a bit in order to focus on the bulk more?
I just thought that 80/100 special bulk with Assault Vest sounded bulky enough. I've changed it now to 80/80/95/85/110/65.

What are your opinions on Druddigon?

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I think that removing Nasty Plot would dissaude from an OTR set over a wall, Magic Bounce seems a bit out of place compared to the power of his other 2 abilities and would probably always be used in order to dodge Toxic, bounce hazards, etc. I'd recommend removing it if you want the other 2 abilities to still see use.

Still WIP but I'd just like to comment on A. Venom Sheath sounds super annoying especially on a 'Mon with poor physical defense and B. Is Sand Stream really necessary for something that already has 101/131 special bulk and 2 perfectly viable abilities?
Finished the WIP. I also followed your recommendations, and I changed Nihilego's offensive stats for that it could use the modified Venom Sheath (Now Venom Slam).

Last edited:

Name of the Pokemon: Masquerain
Role(s): Physical Wall, Defensive Pivot, Sticky Web Setter
Type: Bug/Water
Abilities: Intimidate / Shield Dust / Swarm (HA)
Stat Distribution: 86/56/104/101/73/80
Movepool Additions: Aromatherapy, Whirlwind, Surf
Movepool Removals: Quiver Dance
Custom Elements: Kaleidoscope Glare (Special version of Lunge (still lowers Attack but is a special move))
Justification: wip (Physical Wall with meh stats that is still effective because of Intimidate and Kaleidoscope Glare, backed up by utility in Defog, U-Turn, Haze, and Scald)

Name of the Pokemon: Guzzlord
Role(s): Special Wall, Spikes Setter, Physical Tank
Type: Dark/Dragon
Abilities: Beast Boost
Stat Distribution: 151/101/41/61/83/61
Movepool Additions: wip (Slack Off, Spikes, Night Shade)
Movepool Removals: none
Custom Elements: wip
Justification: wip (Super fat special sponge with a kind of bad typing that fits with Masq's that could be interesting to build a meta around. Also, I felt like fixing Guzzlord)

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor

Role(s): Special Wall
Stat Distribution: 223/97/53/53/101/80
Justification: wip (Super fat special sponge with a kind of bad typing that fits with Masq's that could be interesting to build a meta around. Also, I felt like fixing Guzzlord)
I'm not leonard but whew, unless if Fairy-type would be too detrimental regardless of its bulk, that Special bulk is a bit extreme and will set up a Special Power Creep. I would rather wait if leonard said if it is safe or not since I'm not a council member, but that's a bit extreme Special bulk as I already said.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Name of the Pokemon: Masquerain
Role(s): Physical Wall, Setup Sweeper, Defensive Pivot, Sticky Web Setter
Type: Bug/Water
Abilities: Intimidate / Shield Dust / Swarm (HA)
Stat Distribution: 86/56/104/101/73/80
Movepool Additions: wip
Custom Elements: Kaleidoscope Glare (Special version of Lunge (still lowers Attack but is a special move))
Justification: wip (Physical Wall with meh stats that is still effective because of Intimidate and Kaleidoscope Glare, backed up by utility in Defog, U-Turn, Haze, and Scald)
Seems fine, but I'd remove Quiver Dance as its a pretty defining move and would definitely skew this pokemon more towards setup than walling.

Role(s): Special Wall
Stat Distribution: 223/97/53/53/101/80
252 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 260-307 (40 - 47.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 280-336 (43 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Guzzlord: 232-274 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(Calcs represent the level of power Guzzlord demands- beyond OU, by the looks of it)

Nothing outside of invested STAB Fairy attacks will 2HKO this thing on the special side, and even on the physical side it still has the equivalent of 103/103 bulk uninvested, if running mixed it can even dodge the 2HKO from fairly powerful attacks such as Banded Zygarde's TArrows. This alongside a decent speed for a wall (presumably, 80 seems to be your standard for "mediocre" atm), reliable recovery, and good offensive options (Outrage, Heavy Slam, Knock Off, Earthquake, to name a few) really points towards this thing setting an absurd power level from the get go. Even with your Masq's attack-debuff spamming it still would struggle to keep up with the pure THICK of this boy in terms of walling. It's like a Chansey with actual resists and offensive presence at the cost of being 4x weak to an uncommon coverage type.

Last edited:
I wanted to ask for future submissions if we are allowed to use NFE pokemon. With basically unlimited freedom to change the pokemon it might just be nice to choose a NFE sprite that better matches the concept we are going for. I'm not suggesting we be able to give such pokemon eviolite, just use the art if it fits. For instance, Boldore and Scyther are pretty cool looking and might be useful.

I also want to say that I like that you are giving feedback in this thread. I seem to constantly vascilate between thinking my submissions are OP or UP so it's nice to have a sanity check. I think it will result in a more balanced metagame in the long run.

Seems fine, but I'd remove Quiver Dance as its a pretty defining move and would definitely skew this pokemon more towards setup than walling.

252 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 260-307 (40 - 47.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 280-336 (43 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Guzzlord: 232-274 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(Calcs represent the level of power Guzzlord demands- beyond OU, by the looks of it)

Nothing outside of invested STAB Fairy attacks will 2HKO this thing on the special side, and even on the physical side it still has the equivalent of 103/103 bulk uninvested, if running mixed it can even dodge the 2HKO from fairly powerful attacks such as Banded Zygarde's TArrows. This alongside a decent speed for a wall (presumably, 80 seems to be your standard for "mediocre" atm), reliable recovery, and good offensive options (Outrage, Heavy Slam, Knock Off, Earthquake, to name a few) really points towards this thing setting an absurd power level from the get go. Even with your Masq's attack-debuff spamming it still would struggle to keep up with the pure THICK of this boy in terms of walling. It's like a Chansey with actual resists and offensive presence at the cost of being 4x weak to an uncommon coverage type.
Duly noted on Guzzlord, i guess 223 HP is nothing to mess with. Will nerf to something like 151. Also, 80 Speed was an accident, was supposed to be 43

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
I wanted to ask for future submissions if we are allowed to use NFE pokemon. With basically unlimited freedom to change the pokemon it might just be nice to choose a NFE sprite that better matches the concept we are going for. I'm not suggesting we be able to give such pokemon eviolite, just use the art if it fits. For instance, Boldore and Scyther are pretty cool looking and might be useful.
I could see both being legal- I’ll clarify in the OP that if you want to submit an NFE you can clarify if it can use Eviolite in Custom Elements or something. Thanks for the suggestion!

Name of the Pokemon: Lapras
Role(s): Special Wall, Set-Up Sweeper, TR Abuser, Tank
Type:

Abilities: Water Veil / Icebreaker* | HA: Thick Fat
Stat Distribution:
HP 105
ATK 110
DEF 80
SPA 90
SPD 120
SPE 65
BST 570
Movepool Additions:
Aqua Jet, Liquidation, Scald, Water Spout, Dragon Hammer, Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail, Aurora Veil, Light Screen, Earth Power, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Iron Head, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Recover
Movepool Removals: - -
Custom Elements: *Icebreaker (Ice-type Steelworker clone, ignores Hail damage)

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor

Name of the Pokemon: Lapras
Role(s): Special Wall, Set-Up Sweeper, TR Abuser, Tank
Type:

Abilities: Water Veil / Icebreaker* | HA: Thick Fat
(*Icebreaker: Ice-type Steelworker clone, ignores Hail damage. )
Stat Distribution:
HP 105
ATK 110
DEF 80
SPA 90
SPD 120
SPE 65
BST 570
Movepool Additions:
Aqua Jet, Liquidation, Scald, Water Spout, Dragon Hammer, Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail, Aurora Veil, Earth Power, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Iron Head, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb
Movepool Removals: - -
Custom Elements: Aqua Jet, Dragon Hammer, Dragon Dance, Ice Shard, Waterfall/Liquidation, Calm Mind, Aurora Veil, Curse
You gonna need both a physical wall and a special wall in order to submit. You got Lapras as a special wall, but you still need to submit a physical wall. Also, Custom Elements are to describe custom moves and abilities that are clones of existing stuff (you can put Icebreaker here for example).

I know that I am not a council member (yet) but I just want to make sure that you should read the OP firsthand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)