Cloning your pet

Woah... all of a sudden we went from talking about a dog to discussing the Chinese culture? Flames took this entire thread and twisted it. >.<
Well thanks.
Your post saved this topic with its valued contribution.

yes they are helping science but i think $150,000 would have helped science a more i dont really care but it is a little selfish
If you noticed my link (which is lost somewhere in pitiful argument between Lexite and countless others), you would have noticed that semi-successful attempts have been made at reviving extinct species through cloning.
Surely that's a worthwhile cause that could be influenced by that money?

Actually I just saw a movie in Biology regarding cloning pets and people, so I'll try to elaborate a bit.

Let's say a dog lives about 14 years, but the owners want to clone it and have the same pet. So they clone the dog when it's 7 years old already.

But the problem is, the created dog will have the same genes and DNA as the cloned dog at age 7, meaning the created dog will only live 7 years old.
I already said that, but whatever. =P

And I realize that my post before wasn't aiding the conversation. Now, on subject, I hope the family realizes what they're doing before they go through with this. If the scientist or geneticist or whoever doesn't fully explain the remifications of cloning, they're gonna end up looking real foolish for wasting all that money.

Honestly, that's good for them. They can spend how they'd like.

If anything, I'm happy to see technology so advanced -- or more rather -- be shown an example of how advanced it is. thanks

Back