college acceptances

You guys have it so different than us. We have a month of exams in June and, depending on how well we do, those results solely determine whether we get into the courses we want. I've applied for ten courses by February (the most you can), but if I don't get either of my top two, I'll just repeat the year and the exams next June. Ideally, I'd love to be studying Science then branch into Neuroscience third year, but getting into the course will be really tricky. And then there's a huge demand for neuroscience as well, so yeah..

My first choice is one of the most demanding courses in the country, so I need an average of 90% in six of my seven exams. Each subject has about an average of 7% getting 90%+ so we'll see how I do xP

My second choice is still like 80% average will most likely be okay. Although I'm fairly certain I can get that.

I think I'd rather continuos assessment though (kinda going off topic...). There's a serious amount of stress on anyone in the same situation as me, but the desire for my first course has me motivated. Hopefully come August 20somethingth I'll have my first choice and will actually have time for Smogon and having a life again.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
got into: michigan, virginia, stanford, BUT was rejected from yale aka my dream school

.cry
Cool man I got into Stanford too! I've decided on going there next year, hope to see you in some of my classes :)

Maybe we can meet at the Denny's there sometime hahaha

So, its nearing may 1st, which is the day you have to make a decision about which college you choose. After visiting both colleges I got into I decided I'm going to Carleton College in Minnesota. Anyone else in that area? Also, where's everyone decided to go?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
^ Since he's doing it. My top choices were UCSD, UMich, McGill and Claremont McKenna.
But I chose UCSD in the end, for a variety of reasons. Let me know if anyone is from La Jolla, or UCSD itself. Cheers!

I don't think it's that simple. Duke and Rice gave me likely letters and large merit scholarships while "worse" places than Harvard straight up rejected me. Same happened for many people that I knew. One school may love you for whatever reason while another won't. It's really impossible (and stressful) to predict undergrad admissions beyond sports recruitment and national-level awards and honors.

That said, best of luck at Harvard and Columbia, Thursday. You've got as good a shot as anyone else.
First mention of Rice in this thread :o are you going there? this is the end of my 3rd year there

So, its nearing may 1st, which is the day you have to make a decision about which college you choose. After visiting both colleges I got into I decided I'm going to Carleton College in Minnesota. Anyone else in that area? Also, where's everyone decided to go?
A few of my friends went there and they love it.

And while I don't go to Rice (University of Houston gave a gigantic scholarship) I've been there a few times and the campus is wonderful. It's clean and there are plenty of people outside exercising and stuff. Plus the area around it is also great. As a city Houston is also fantastic for internships, especially if you are doing engineering.

Basically, come to Houston!

First mention of Rice in this thread :o are you going there? this is the end of my 3rd year there
I lived in houston as a child, so I decided to move away to Duke. many of my friends go to Rice though and whenever I'm in town I always go visit. It's a great place and sometimes (read: a lot of the time) I think I'd have been happier going there.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Turns out, I got accepted to UCLA (off the waitlist). I want to study Biology, and yeah, I have until May 2nd to choose between UCLA & UCSD. Any and all advice is welcome :P

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've seen that video plenty of times. Hahaha. Anyways, submitted my SIR for UCLA. Looks like I'll be headed there this fall!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)