Comprehensive list of pre-existing move/ability/mechanic changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder Wave hits Grounds? Fuck yeah, Poison Heal Gliscor, immune to another status. Seems like they're really powering up a lot of old moves.

Ursaring with Guts STAB Thrash may be cool too.
Why would Ursaring use Trash when he has Facade to work with?

Thunder Wave is obviously the big one, but the new Lightningrod will prevent folks from just spamming TWaves I recon.

Twave hitting ground is dissappointing as I think it is almost broken now but whatever. The other type outrages are sweet. I especailly think thrash will be amazing especailly on something like Kangaskhan. I also love how hi jump kick got a boost. Although it is still risky it will greatly help medicham
It's unlikely Thrash will see much usage. Unlike, Outrage, its typing does not gain notable neutral coverage. Many Normal types, such as Khan that you suggested, have large HPs and access to Double-Edge if they want power. And next to that, Return offers more power than the Dragon's alternative, Dragon Claw.

Petal Dance could see use. Power Whip is not wide spread, and has accuracy issues. It entirely depends on what new Pokemon receive it in this generation though, because Venasaur, who has Power Whip, looks like the only candidate to employ its worth. And once again, unlike Outrage with Dragon typing, being stuck in a Grass move is troublesome.

I think people misunderstood Thunder Wave. Last time I saw the description of the change, it affected pokemons that its abilities granted immunity (e.g. Volt Absorb) and not natural immunities (Ground). So Thunder Wave Lanturn yes, Thunder Wave Donphan no.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if I was seeing things, but it appeared to me like Youteri started holding the same item as my opponent when the foe consumed it (it had pickup before evolving). Can anyone confirm this for me? I can't test it anymore because Haderia doesn't get it. Instead, it gets the ability that lets it get double speed in a sandstorm.

Upstart

Copy Cat
So which effect of twave is true? Also I meant thrash would be useful in lower tiers where the dragons are almost non existant

I'll be able to confirm the Thunder-Wave issue in a bit.. I just don't want to grind the Zebra up to Level 15 to learn it right now.

Skill Link Cloyster = 135 damage

Also bullet seed is gonna look REEEAL nice on dat Technichian Breloom. 55 BP per seed, up to 275 if all of them hit
Going to rip through pkmn using subs. A lot of bulky water types relying on that could be destroyed. Although a lot of them have a got boiling water which would hurt breloom with the burn but I imagine 5 seeds will still break a sub

So which effect of twave is true? Also I meant thrash would be useful in lower tiers where the dragons are almost non existant
Facade is still better than Thrash if you have a Burn, since its Base Power doubles to 140. Also, being locked into a move isn't a very good idea so I'd just go with Return on non-Guts/Quick Feet boosting sets.

Twave is so annoying now, even if doesn't hit ground types. What's the point in having an ability that gives you an electric immunity if it doesn't work on one of the most popular electric attacks? I love Lanturn and he's been a beast on my Gen 4 team, but he just lost his number one job: Absorbing Twave. I'm sure the Zebra and Manectric are crying in a corner somewhere now since they just got an almost pointless boost to their lightning rod abilities. Hell, even Motor Drive is near useless now that you don't get the speed boost.

@omegamewtwo
Your avatar is so much cooler than mine...

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Any word on fire spin?

If Whirlpool got a boost, i don't see why fire spin didn't, its the original trapping move IIRC
Yes, Fire Spin now has 35 power and 85 accuracy. Wrap has 90 accuracy (but still 15 power). Bind has 85 accuracy (but still 15 power). Clamp has 85 accuracy (and still 35 power).

Magma Storm even got a bump up from 70 to 75 accuracy.

I'm not sure if I was seeing things, but it appeared to me like Youteri started holding the same item as my opponent when the foe consumed it (it had pickup before evolving). Can anyone confirm this for me? I can't test it anymore because Haderia doesn't get it. Instead, it gets the ability that lets it get double speed in a sandstorm.
Looks like this might be the new effect of Pick Up

I think people misunderstood Thunder Wave. Last time I saw the description of the change, it affected pokemons that its abilities granted immunity (e.g. Volt Absorb) and not natural immunities (Ground). So Thunder Wave Lanturn yes, Thunder Wave Donphan no.
They rolled back the change they made to thunderwave in generation 4? Goddamnit, that's frustrating. That was the biggest improvement Jolteon had seen, and now he's going to be restricted to switching in for free healing on thunderbolts again, like in generation 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)