Pokémon Corviknight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to decide in game if it's worth keeping the G-max one I have with Mirror Armour or using it to breed a normal one that can potentially D-max especially since D-max Airstream is better than Max Wind Rage and G-max can't even be used in rated battles.

But G-max does look good....

I assume Bulk Up sets are performing better than the defensive variant? From watching other's play on showdown I haven't seen anyone use the set with the Impish nature.
Wait, how come we can't use G-Max?

Wait, how come we can't use G-Max?
They count as special Pokemon and special Pokemon are banned from ranked. It's really stupid especially since the only difference between D and G-max is a cosmetic change and some move differences with most D-max moves being superior to G-max. And D-max is allowed.

They count as special Pokemon and special Pokemon are banned from ranked. It's really stupid especially since the only difference between D and G-max is a cosmetic change and some move differences with most D-max moves being superior to G-max. And D-max is allowed.
Lol, that's stupid. Thanks for the info.

Lol, that's stupid. Thanks for the info.
It's especially stupid since most of the end game is focused around getting G-max Pokemon for the ones that have it. Most of them are best off not using them though like defensive Pokemon or they're straight up worse than just D-max. G-max Corviknight though just looks so cool.

I'm trying to decide in game if it's worth keeping the G-max one I have with Mirror Armour or using it to breed a normal one that can potentially D-max especially since D-max Airstream is better than Max Wind Rage and G-max can't even be used in rated battles.

But G-max does look good....

I assume Bulk Up sets are performing better than the defensive variant? From watching other's play on showdown I haven't seen anyone use the set with the Impish nature.
Bulk Up increases physical defense along with attack, so a Careful nature with EVs invested in HP and Sp.Def covers you from special attacks while Bulk Up helps you take physical attacks. Unless of course you're interested in a sole physical defense build, Impish is better off replaced with Careful.

Isn’t Gigantamax+Roost illegal on Corvi? I’m unaware of a way to pass on Egg Moves to Gmax because Gmax itself doesn’t pass through breeding.

Body Press is absolutely the most useful fourth move. Synergises perfectly with Bulk Up and there are very few things that resist Fighting/Flying combo. It also gives it Max Knuckle on D/Gmax
Does Body Press take into account the user's Defense boosts from Bulk Up? I thought it only looked at what your Defense stat inherently is.

I’m running
Corviknight
Ability: Mirror Armor
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

Moves:
Brave Bird
Iron Head
Bulk Up
Roost

Im new to the competitive scene and I wanted an offensive Corviknight, so if anyone experienced has any thoughts on the sets please give me your thoughts and opinions on whether this is good or not

I’m running
Corviknight
Ability: Mirror Armor
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

Moves:
Brave Bird
Iron Head
Bulk Up
Roost

Im new to the competitive scene and I wanted an offensive Corviknight, so if anyone experienced has any thoughts on the sets please give me your thoughts and opinions on whether this is good or not
This might seem counter-intuitive on an offensively EVed set, but I would replace Iron Head with Body Press personally. It gives Corvinight almost perfect neutral coverage, still gets boosted by Bulk Up, and while it will come off Corvinight's lesser base Defense, if you Dynamax it turns into Max Knucle which hits off Corvinight's Attack instead, and increases its attack in the process.

(also this might be a typo but you should run Jolly or Adamant on this set since it's offensive. not sure what benchmarks Jolly Corvinight hits though)

and yeah I can see this working, Corvinight isn't the weakest thing ever and this set can put pressure on stuff that usually takes hits from it while also still working as an effective tank.

edit: Jolly with 252 Speed allows Corvinight to outpeed a bunch of key threats after a Max Airstream boost, including Scarf TTar, Jolly Hawlucha, Modest Dragapult, Gengar, Dugtrio, and Adamant Barraskewda. So yeah, Jolly seems absolutely worth it, but only because of Max Airstream's speed boost

Last edited:
This might seem counter-intuitive on an offensively EVed set, but I would replace Iron Head with Body Press personally. It gives Corvinight almost perfect neutral coverage, still gets boosted by Bulk Up, and while it will come off Corvinight's lesser base Defense, if you Dynamax it turns into Max Knucle which hits off Corvinight's Attack instead, and increases its attack in the process.

(also this might be a typo but you should run Jolly or Adamant on this set since it's offensive. not sure what benchmarks Jolly Corvinight hits though)

and yeah I can see this working, Corvinight isn't the weakest thing ever and this set can put pressure on stuff that usually takes hits from it while also still working as an effective tank.

edit: Jolly with 252 Speed allows Corvinight to outpeed a bunch of key threats after a Max Airstream boost, including Scarf TTar, Jolly Hawlucha, Modest Dragapult, Gengar, Dugtrio, and Adamant Barraskewda. So yeah, Jolly seems absolutely worth it, but only because of Max Airstream's speed boost
Alright thank you! I have heard people saying Body Press is good for him but I wasn’t sure if it was worth it. But yea I think I will put Body Press on him as it has the attack up perk when Dynamaxed. Once again thank you for the feedback tho!

Matleo

Banned deucer.
does it get moves to reduce PP, maybe that together with Presure makes some sense?
if it would get Encore or something to cause the oponet to struggle?

Taunt +Swagger+Presure? is a combo worth mentioning? with Fly especially?

I hope it gets Glare, Leech life, sucker punch, and Clanging Scales in future.

does it get moves to reduce PP, maybe that together with Presure makes some sense?
if it would get Encore or something to cause the oponet to struggle?

Taunt +Swagger+Presure? is a combo worth mentioning? with Fly especially?

I hope it gets Glare, Leech life, sucker punch, and Clanging Scales in future.
It get's Spite.

Is it possible to use Defog on a Bulk-up set ?
There's space if you only have Brave Bird as your only attack. However my personal preference is two attacks.

You want Roost and if you have Bulk Up there's only space for one more move because you're definitely using Brave Bird. Tbh I haven't bred Corviknight yet in game because I'm not sure what set I want to make. If G-max ever becomes legal in ranked then it might be an option even if the D-max Airstream is better.

Is there any consensus for the best number of speed EVs for sub bulk up? I've seen numbers that range from 0 Careful to 252 Jolly.

I guess it depends on the team but does anyone have any experience with speed options for this mon? I'm clueless.

Is there any consensus for the best number of speed EVs for sub bulk up? I've seen numbers that range from 0 Careful to 252 Jolly.

I guess it depends on the team but does anyone have any experience with speed options for this mon? I'm clueless.
There are a TON of options, but one of the options I consider pretty noteworthy is 210 Speed (252 HP, 96 SpDef, and 160 Speed with a Careful nature) so you can creep neutral Crawdaunt, uninvested Rotom appliances, SpDef Kommo-O, and the Arcto- fossils. You could also run 185 Speed (60 EVs) to outpace neutral max-Speed Araquanid and defensive Seismitoad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)