move 1: Cosmic Power
move 2: Magic Coat
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Night Shade
item: Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def

Why this set deserves to be on-site:

• Deoxys-D has amazing defenses, and with cosmic power those defenses keep rising until the most powerful moves are not powerful at all, and it walls pretty much every move. Just spam Cosmic Power and watch your opponent get really mad.

• Walls every move, even super effective ones.

• Because of the unbeatable defenses, Deoxys is guaranteed to get toxic on no matter what, and because of the innumerable switches it will cause, Deoxys can get toxic on lots of pokemon.

• Magic Coat is there so Deoxys-D can be used to bounce back Taunts that are really dangerous to it, roars from Heatran and the like, and let's Deoxys-D play as a lead as well, bouncing back entry hazards.

• Night Shade provides good damage, ignores typing and also ignores Deoxys-D's non existent offense. The idea is to gain boosts from CP, start toxic-ing, and then attempt a "sweep" with Night Shade.

Additional Comments:

• Rocky Helmet can be used over leftovers to punish opponents for attacking.

• EVs attempt to maximize Deoxys-D's bulk, pretty standard really.

• Recover can be used instead of Magic Coat to restore HP, but that eliminates protection from taunt and roar.

Teammates & Counters:

• Dual Screen Support is somewhat beneficial as well.

• Entry Hazard support is also wanted, since than the Night Shade "sweep" gets over quicker.

• The idea is for Deoxys-D to function solo since switching out loses the boosts, but a fellow mixed wall could be useful, not to mention backup sweepers and rapid spinners for the hazards that do get by.

• Residual damage like burn and toxic is the death of this set

Lavos

Banned deucer.
This set lacks Recover, I don't know how it's supposed to get any "stalling" done if it can't stay alive more than a few turns. Especially with the prevalence of Genesect, Tyranitar, and Scizor in the current metagame, I really don't see how this set is supposed to accomplish anything. The most I see it doing is poisoning a couple things and getting in a Night Shade before it goes down. The set seems to be a waste of Deoxys-D's great bulk, survivability, and hazard-setting potential.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I remember when we discussed this a little back in the Deoxys-D thread, and personally I thought there should be a set similar to this, but completely different from what you have. What Lavos stated is pretty true - this DX-D set sucks... but it can be good.

[SET]
name: CosmicStall
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Recover
move 4: Night Shade / Toxic
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

I'm not a huge expert on this, but I think 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def Timid would be superior (4 Def to prevent Genesect from getting an Atk Download boost). The Speed would be helpful to prevent some of the setup sweepers from setting up on DX-D - similar to how AgiliStall DX-D works.

Mention Toxic Spikes support, Spin support (Tentacruel is a great suggestion), and definitely one of Magneton or Magnezone.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
huh i was on PS while this set was being discussed

i'm not a qc member but i think it's obvious that this set is outclassed by the taunt/toxic/recover set that is already on smogon. it's just a slower crappier and less reliable way to toxic stall. you don't have recover so your staying power is zip. you don't have taunt so you can't prevent walls from healing up (and you'll get toxiced yourself sooner or later). and nobody is gonna let you get away with just spamming cosmic power forever, otherwise cp sigilyph would be an OU god. all this attempts to do is a bulkier twist on toxic stall which is obviously inferior to the existing set

and colonel M, idk if they play similarly, but the toxic staller set on smogon atm is really similar to the one you just posted... the move ordering differs, but basically the only difference is agility instead of cosmic power

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: CosmicStall
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Recover
move 4: Night Shade / Toxic
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
I'm not a QC member but this basically looks like a variant of the Toxic Stall set. Couldn't most of this be incorporated to the AC of the Toxic Stall set or something?

I thought that the best way for DD to go this route was with Agility, Taunt, Toxic and Recover? You're just asking to be critted eventually with Cosmic Power, and with this set you can stall nigh on everything that isn't a Poison- or Steel-type.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I definitely won't approve this set as it is now. It's possible that a max Speed set with Cosmic Power / Taunt / Toxic / Recover could work, but perhaps that should just be mentioned in AC of the on-site toxic stall set. Recover and Taunt really are non-negotiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)