Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Unburden
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Close Combat / Hi Jump Kick

Fake Out to break sashes, loss of normal gem activates Unburden, rape with Close Combat, Sucker Punch when necessary.

I might do EVs later.

breh

強いだね
lol at Cherubi being able to learn Swords Dance but Goldeen can't
It's been a type-move requirement since 4th gen. Literally every grass type can learn it except for Amoongus, I think.

@ Above: I thought that Fake Out/Unburden was already well-known...

The main problem is that it's still kind of trolled by Excadrill, who outspeeds it in sand, and it has no way to kill Gliscor.

It's been a type-move requirement since 4th gen. Literally every grass type can learn it except for Amoongus, I think.

@ Above: I thought that Fake Out/Unburden was already well-known...

The main problem is that it's still kind of trolled by Excadrill, who outspeeds it in sand, and it has no way to kill Gliscor.
Whatever, i haven't posted here in months so I can't be bothered to figure out what's well-known and what isn't.

Except Sucker Punch is a 4th gen tutor move. You could use Ice Punch instead, since that will kill Gliscor, but that's not an Egg Move for Tyrogue. Your best bet would be Stone Edge. I haven't run the calcs for that.

Excadrill doesn't have Priority, hence why Mach Punch is there. Unfortunately, it won't OHKO at max health, so it's a full-stop to Hitmonlee's kicking frenzy.

The Sableye set looks interesting -- almost like a counter lead. It seems like it would only be viable as a lead, needing to use a focus sash. I'd suggest running Prankster over Stall because with a 0 Spe IV you're already slow enough and you don't need to be going after the opponent with your non-attacking moves.
My thought was that Prankster gives priority to metal burst. If that is not the case, then cool. That's means priority taunt wich would rock :) Anyone knows this fur sure?

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Unburden
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Close Combat / Hi Jump Kick

Fake Out to break sashes, loss of normal gem activates Unburden, rape with Close Combat, Sucker Punch when necessary.

I might do EVs later.
Using both mach punch and suckerpunch seems pretty excessive with the agility boost, its probably best off with another team member able to mess with either excadrill or sand and run more traditional moves like stonedge. Whats suckerpunch even for, seeing as most ghosts not gengar or chandelure will WoW and theres a good chance you will already have the agility boost and not need the priority.

This guy is specificly designed to "counter" rain teams and especially handle choiced drizzle-toads.

Cacturne (Water Absorb)
Item: Heat Rock
HP: 252 SpA: 252 SpD: 4
Modest/Calm

Sunny Day
Switcheroo
Desteny Bond
Solar Beam

Switch in on a choiced Hydro Pump and use d-bond on the switch. Set ut sunny day on second turn and commense with solar beam. Or, if there's an oppertunity, use Switceroo and get yourselfe a nice item.

Once again i contribute with a poke that basically can only do one thing but it does that really good. Also with rain being really common even with the SS-ban it has proven itself to be very useful.

Or set sun up immediatly. Normally a check for cacturn comes in and different kinds of Ice Beams are expected. Cacturn is normally slower than anything so it's likely to die but with destiny bond you force another switch to another poke which might not be able to kill as effectively = free sunny day. Anything beyond that is just added bonus and normally I just switch out once sun is out (to give me another use).

What is good about this guy is that ferrothorn can't seed him. Also fire is not expected on attackers in a rain team and there are no obvious fighting/bug types in rain (barring perhaps toxicroak).

Actually I just changed the set:
Cacturn (Water Absorb)
Item: Leftovers
Adamant
HP: 252 Atk: 252 SpD: 4

Sunny Day
Destiny Bond
Seed Bomb
Spikes

Seed Bomb takes out 252/4 Politoed with Stealth Rock and I basically never got to use Switcheroo on anything so spikes felt a bit more useful.

Scrafty Move Set

RAMBO SET

Scrafty (ability: moxie) item: leftovers/ flame orb
Bulk-Up
Pay Back
Drain punch
Fire Punch/ Facade

Evs Att/252 Def/04 SpD/252 Sp/0

My goal is to make Scrafty as slow as possible. I know that sounds weird but everyone will be expecting it to be running Dragon Dance most likely. Not only does this set make Scrafty bulky but he will also hit like a freight train after a Bulk-Up and attack boost from moxie. Drain punch and leftovers allows Scrafty to have ample HP recovery and will allow him to stay in the fight way longer than a DD set would. Pay Back is a no brainer and is the strongest dark STAB move for sure. Fire punch will be for all those steel, grass, and ice types that seem to be everywhere now.

Another option would be to give Scrafty a flame orb and replace fire punch with facade. Its a little risky but with a proper setup it could plow right through a whole team easy. Toxic orb is not ideal because the risk of setting up Venoshock.

you realize burn halves his attack so it's probably the worst item for an physical attacker without an ability like guts, still good but he has to go leftovers

yeah, i see your point. leftovers is for sure the best to run with and toxic orb might be a risk worth taking. but you liked my main strategy overall?

@ Binding Band

EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Bold
-Wrap
-Whirlpool
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

Bring Dragonite in on something that can't cause damage to it and trap it and kill it. Once Wrap and Whirlpool are both active, the opponent is stripped of 1/4 of their health at the end of every turn. Roost is there to ensure you outlast the opponent and Draco Meteor is there to cause obvious additional damage.

Scolipede Movesets?

I am not sure if anyone made some movesets for this pokemon yet but i am willing to give it a shot.

Item:Toxic Orb
Evs: 252 Spe, 252 Att
Nature: Jolly
Ablity: QuickFeet
Protect
Toxic Spikes
MegaHorn
Spikes

I believe this set will be a great lead for those who want to get spikes or toxic spikes as fast as possible without being outspeeded, also with max speed at 355 plus the 1.5 boost it can be a good revenge killer for latios and phyhic types. THe bad thing about this set would be the burn of course reduincg hp. So one should team up with a wish healer. to make it more useful.

Sweeper set
Nature: Admadant/Jolly
Ability: Quickfeet/Swarm
Item:Toxic Orb/leftovers
EVs: 252 att, 252 spe
Facade
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Subsitute/protect

I say send it out when a expected swiitch and SD, or use Sub. Protect is if you want that speed to kick in without losing hp. But i'll use sub to avoid any status problems that may come in my way. with 306 attak and the speed boost it will prove to be a useful sweeper, just not as fast. A great revenge killer or a late sweeper if you ask me.

But what do you guys think about the movesets?

@ Binding Band

EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Bold
-Wrap
-Whirlpool
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

Bring Dragonite in on something that can't cause damage to it and trap it and kill it. Once Wrap and Whirlpool are both active, the opponent is stripped of 1/4 of their health at the end of every turn. Roost is there to ensure you outlast the opponent and Draco Meteor is there to cause obvious additional damage.
Main problem here is that when you switch Dragonite in on something that can't hurt Dragonite is that they're going to switch out.
Quick Feet doesn't negate the attack drop you get from burns, so you should use Toxic Orb over Flame Orb.
Scolipede is Poison type, so a Toxic Orb wouldn't do anything to it. He'd be better off running a Resttalk set if anything.

Main problem here is that when you switch Dragonite in on something that can't hurt Dragonite is that they're going to switch out.
Of course, just thought it'd be an interesting idea to try and get good use out of the binding band item. Maybe with many entry hazards out there would be a good way to help negate as many switches as one might normally see.

Other pokemon can pull off a double move binding band effect combo such as Lickilicky, Tentacruel (with Brine) and many others but Dragonite has good bulk and a recovery move so I'm thinking Dragonite is the best option for this item.

Lickilicky, Tentacruel (with Brine) and other pokemon with the combo of moves like firespin, clamp, bind, etc can do the same thing but Dragonite has good bulk and a recovery move so am trying to come up with a good moveset for the binding band.
What you should do then is try to make it so whatever you're using to trap can counter what would normally counter it, which is kinda difficult.

ahh okay okay rest talk, yeah, i am looking at the defenses and it's hp and def is pretty good, plus it gets iron defense, it can be a great def wall?

ahh okay okay rest talk, yeah, i am looking at the defenses and it's hp and def is pretty good, plus it gets iron defense, it can be a great def wall?
I wouldn't really recommend a Resttalk set to begin with, but if you were going to I wouldn't use a boosting move.

Scolipede Set

well how about this set then for a def wall, lemme change it some.

Ability: Swarm
Item:Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Evs: 252 def, 150 hp, 100 att

Sleeptalk
rest
megahorn
Swordsdance

would this set would be good? prolly not for OU, but for like a uu i am sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)