Resource Creative and Underrated Sets: ORAS Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, Read Post #419)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Scarf Hydreigon does not run flash cannon, Life Orb set does, which is by far the better set. Non-AV azumarill is 2HKOed after rocks by modest LO earth power, togekiss is really uncommon, and Whimsicott is completely irrelevant.
If you really want to you can run Iron Tail to nab the 2HKO on the occasional Sylveon.
You're telling me that a stab 4x super effective move will kill a hydreigon? No shit.
First off, Whimsicott isn't "completely irrelevant" when it has extremely viable sets in OU and there has lately been a rising usage of defensive Lagging Tail sets. Salamence's EVS can be modified and even with only 64 Attack EVs and LO, it has over 91% chance of 2HKOing Belly Drum Azumarill with Earthquake. Granted Togekiss might be a little uncommon, there aren't that many Fairies either that's truly viable in OU and it still does get usage.

You did get me there with the LO thing, been a while since I played BW OU where LO wallbreaking Hydreigon was much more common and most of the Hydreigons these days roaming UU are Scarfed, so that's what I assumed you meant.

As for the STAB 4x SE = OHKO -- "no shit" indeed, and is something you should really think about when considering Hydreigon to break fairies.

Your latias is a lil too offensive for a defensive set. If you wanna lure heatran and ferro, use latios instead. For a bulky latias, roost would be a better option which means it'll be a standard non gimmick latias with defog, roost, draco/psyshock/reflecttype.
To be fair, people will consider the possibility that Latios has EQ to lure Tran, but would be very surprised to see it from Latias

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

I made this Skarmory to lead for a Hyper Offense team of mine and it has worked much better than I expected it to. Obligatory Stealth Rock and Spikes. Iron Head OHKOs Diancie and can do decent damage to things it hits Super Effectively. Skarmory hits 393 Speed if it gets down to its Salac Berry, which allows you to Spin/Defog block for a turn by KOing yourself with Brave Bird.

Tip: Use your 5 other team slots to prepare for stall if you are to use this set.

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

I made this Skarmory to lead for a Hyper Offense team of mine and it has worked much better than I expected it to. Obligatory Stealth Rock and Spikes. Iron Head OHKOs Diancie and can do decent damage to things it hits Super Effectively. Skarmory hits 393 Speed if it gets down to its Salac Berry, which allows you to Spin/Defog block for a turn by KOing yourself with Brave Bird.

Tip: Use your 5 other team slots to prepare for stall if you are to use this set.
This is a cool set, but I feel like taunt would be a very good option over iron head to prevent opposing hazards from getting up. Yeah, diancie is kind of a problem then, but it is much less situational

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't have an underrated set at the moment to provide mostly cause I would have to look through some of them to see which one I like to show but TFL's set above me is one I've used in a sense and is really good. His is a more offensive approach which I personally believe is better while one I've used one with Spikes, SR, Tailwind, Taunt, with Mental Herb for suicide leading on offensive builds.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Been having a bit of fun lately with sub + sd excadrill, turns out it actually works quite well

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 102 HP / 252 Atk / 154 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Given EV spread outspeeds scarf garchomp under sand, originally I had EV'd to outspeed scarf latios, which also covered scarf keldeo / terrakion but when I was running into them they were easy to remove, so I shifted my EV's to bulk which helps make meatier subs. Excadrill is actually rather fat when invested, and with the steel typing can take a few hits before going down. The idea of using sub was originally to help my team deal with scarfed landorus (everywhere on the ladder), as my answer to Earthquake was u-turn weak, so I threw sub onto excadrill. The ideal scenario was to Swords dance on the switch in to landorus, and then sub as it attacked. If it locked itself into earthquake I could safely switch, if it U-turned I would have a +1 exca behind a sub, either way putting the momentum into my side. With many people switch out of exca expecting the standard 3 attacks + rapid spin set, sub could capitalize on these switches a lot harder than swords dance could, especially against quick offence teams. Sub provides insurance against harmful priority such as breloom mach punch, as well as the few scarfers that still outspeed it. As a bonus sub also lets excadrill get some assured damage on a switch in before switching out. Against stall sub provides useful protection against Will-O-Wisp, while Swords Dance boosting can help you get the damage you need to smash through weakened defensive cores. Leftovers is nessecary imo to create more subs and keep excas health topped up throughout the match, if you have massive balls you could run Life Orb but you'd die a lot quicker and to be honest I haven't missed the damage that much. EV's can be shifted so that you can outspeed Metagross at +2 but you forfeit the adamant nature and lose significant power and bulk to do so. Iron Head can also be used over Rock Slide for additional damage to Lati@s and Gliscor, but imo rock slide is too good for helping clean up bird spam, as well as doing some damage to rotom-w switch ins.

When it comes to team mates one of either Tyranitar or Hippowdon is necessary. Excadrill without sand is a mediocre sweeper, and both of the 2 choice can also carry stealth rock to further support an excadrill sweep. I prefer Ttar, as it carries more offensive presence even with a supporting set, but hippowdon has the noticable advantage of being more durable. Another good team mate for exca is Keldeo, especially the choice specs set. Specs keldeo can 2hko rotom-w after rocks (even hydro pump has a chance) and blows skarmory,lando-t and gliscor up and hits pretty much everything in the tier for large amounts of damage.

RichieTheGarchomp

Banned deucer.

Klefki Light Clay Prankster

-Reflect/Magnet Rise
-Light Screen/Magnet Rise
-Foul Play/Play Rough/Thunder Wave
-Magic Coat

252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD Impish

Now, obviously, this isnt the best set, but if you wanna fit it into the Light Clay set, do whatever.

Ive been experimenting with Magic Coat Klefki and it is very effective. It catches SR setters off guard and overall stops most stallmons. If you wanna see the giant ass list of what Magic Coat stops, try this: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/magiccoat.shtml . Yea, thats right. It stops basically every non damaging move with +5 prio thanks to Prankster. Thundurus wants to Taunt me? No. Gengar wants to taunt me? No. Rotom W wants to WoW me for some damn reason? No. Sr setters want to set up on me? No. If you dont have room for an SR setter, this could be the perfect (but risky) additive. I dont know if this has been used before, but it should imo.

According to AM , he used this set and he said to use precautions to Heatran as it gets owned in every single way. Added Magnet Rise in switch for Reflect or Light Screen because many SR setters have EQ or a Ground type move.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Klefki Light Clay Prankster

-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Foul Play/Play Rough/Thunder Wave
-Magic Coat

252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD Impish

Now, obviously, this isnt the best set, but if you wanna fit it into the Light Clay set, do whatever.

Ive been experimenting with Magic Coat Klefki and it is very effective. It catches SR setters off guard and overall stops most stallmons. If you wanna see the giant ass list of what Magic Coat stops, try this: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/magiccoat.shtml . Yea, thats right. It stops basically every non damaging move with +5 prio thanks to Prankster. Thundurus wants to Taunt me? No. Gengar wants to taunt me? No. Rotom W wants to WoW me for some damn reason? No. Sr setters want to set up on me? No. If you dont have room for an SR setter, this could be the perfect (but risky) additive. I dont know if this has been used before, but it should imo.
I've used this before and you might want to put an extremely strong emphasis that Heatran, a pretty viable rock setter, is pretty much going to demolish this thing from the get go so the idea that all rock setters don't have the ability to take this on is false. Otherwise yeah this set's not to bad for the surprise factor. It falls flat on its face though once you reveal it.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Keldeo @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

This set is pretty cool. Taunt Keldeo works as sort of a semi stall/balace breaker. The reason I started using it was as a surprise way of stopping Latias and latios from Defogging. I put it on a team that centered around spikes stacking and hard hitting mons. This Keldeo fits really well on teams like that. Bisharp is too obvious, and actually doesn't stop Defog, it just discourages it. But Keldeo can do so much more than just stop Latis that switch in from Defogging. Keldeo also anti leads against a bunch of common Pokemon (Heatran, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Salac Skarm, unevloved Mega Mane, etc.). Taunt prevents most of them from setting up Stealth Rock, and other stuff gets hit hard as fuck by the LO boosted attacks. Furthermore, you can prevent things like Clefable from setting up if they come in on a Secret Sword, prevent Celebi from subbing up, prevent Azu from BDing, Mega Venu from recovering, Amoonguss from Sporing, etc.. Use Expert Belt if you want to bluff being choiced, but generally I prefer the consistent power.

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Crawdaunt @ Muscle Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

This set is designed to set up vs MSableye and then proceed to snatch souls. (I'll get to muscle band later.) Evs max att obviously, enough speed to outspeed Skarmory and enough bulk/HP to take a shadow ball/dark pulse from MSab without it breaking a sub.

4 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Crawdaunt: 61-72 (20.4 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

0 chance to break a sub unless they run a more SpA. Obviously you have to make sure Sab is already mega so you don't catch a priority WoW.

128 speed actually hits 178 speed, min speed skarm hits 176. But 164 speed Azu hits 177 speed so I thought I'd just throw on 4 extra evs. Azu resists both STABs but Crab/Crunch still does a very decent amount.

Muscle band is a very unusual item, but if I had an item like LO along with Sub this thing just wouldn't do its job well enough, it'd get whittled too easily.

Calcs
252+ Atk Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 180-214 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 130-154 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- 18% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 172-204 (43.6 - 51.7%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Amoonguss: 370-436 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Muscle Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Amoonguss: 408-480 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Muscle Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 188-224 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO ----- 68.8% chance to OHKO at +2

252+ Atk Muscle Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock ----- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock at +2

252+ Atk Muscle Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 200-236 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Muscle Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 282-334 (81.9 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock - Just to show the power

Obviously this set isn't better in a fair few situations compared to reg LO craw and one problem is that it lacks Aqua Jet which is a bit of a disadvantage. But a lot of people try to status crawdaunt, especially as a middle ground play instead of predicting a switch and Sub can be helpful against some of those things. :]

This set is somewhat outclassed by regular Craw but not completely, it's not exactly great vs offense so I wouldn't recommend using it a lot of the time :/

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
The Return?

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpA
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

- Crunch
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast

I was viewing the smogon dex and I came across the gen 4 analysis of Tyranitar. One of the sets in that analysis was the infamous Tyraniboah. I thought it would be fun to test it out in the current OU metagame and it did surprisingly well. What this set basically does is set up a subsitute on stuff like Heatran, Talonflame and Mew and smack the incoming switchin with a 150 BP move coming from 134 Atk 2 times without any drawbacks. It also lures in defensive walls and kill them with a nice Fire Blast or Ice Beam. On an offensive team there is nothing that can switch into a Focus Punch or Crunch + live any other move when it puts Tyranitar out of its sub. Brave Nature is chosen because dropping defense will suck if you want to set subs. 64 SpA Ice Beam gets a guaranteed OHKO on Landorus-T even without rocks up. 404 HP is for 101 subs
This set doesn't like pokemon like Azumarill, Keldeo and Breloom around because it can't set up subs against them, so having something that can kill them reliable really helps Tyranitar.

Some calcs to show its power:
192+ Atk Tyranitar Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 336-396 (87 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
192+ Atk Tyranitar Focus Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 192-227 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage
192+ Atk Tyranitar Focus Punch vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 124-147 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Leftovers recovery
192+ Atk Tyranitar Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Ferrothorn: 260-308 (73.8 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

192+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Mew: 222-264 (54.9 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Leftovers recovery
192+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 200-236 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
192+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 187-222 (58.9 - 70%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

64 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 320-380 (100.3 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
64 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 248-292 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

64 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Ferrothorn: 224-268 (63.6 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
64 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 216-256 (64.6 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

The point of this set is to lure in common Landorus-T switch-ins, like Rotom-W, M-Altaria, Slowbro, and other Landorus, and Toxic them, making them easier to deal with later on. Rocky Helmet is to severely punish VoltTurn, and weaken psychical attackers for other teammates to sweep later on. This set is a pretty nice lure, however, with no Leftovers, it is recommended you have Wish support, helping Landorus stay alive longer and be able to punish psychical attacks, as well as weaken bulky walls with Toxic. Of course, this set is weak to M-Sableye, so combined with no Leftovers, Clefable can be a good partner, being able to pass Wishes, as well as deal with M-Sableye. And with Knock Off, you have no way to touch Chansey or Gengar, and with no Stone Edge, you have way to touch flying types.
But, this has come in handy for me, being able to weaken usual threats to my team to insure a sweep later on, and I recommend you try it out.

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- U-turn

Basically, your standard Stallbreaker Manaphy but with U-turn, and you're going to ask: why? well just read what I am about to say. Some stall teams have been running Scarf Gothitelle to stop it and basically making sweeping Stall with Manaphy a 50/50. With U-turn, you can scout if he stays in with Mega Sableye or whatever or switches to Gothitelle, this way you don't have to overpredict making a double switch to your pursuit trapper without having to deal with a 50% chance to get burnt on the switch. U-turn does not only escape from Gothitelle, it also smacks Celebi on the switch, making it a liability and easier to weaken. Yeah, losing Energy Ball kind of sucks, but that didn't stop Mega Pinsir from running Knock Off in the old times. Also, U-turn provides some utility against offense as you're a bulky water so you're basically switching to something and pivoting from it. If you really hate Ferrothorn you could run Magnezone instead of a pursuit trapper, though Ferrothorn is easy to weaken with Scald burns so I wouldn't worry about that. Definitely a cool set to catch those stall teams off guard.

Imma c/p this from the Next Best Thing thread.
Time for Lure Pangoro!
Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 SpA / 60 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot / Ice Punch
EVs are to OHKO Mega Sableye with Scrappy Superpower, OHKO Quagsire, 2HKO Hippowdon, Mega Swampert and Slowbro, and 2HKO or OHKO all OU-viable Fairies, and if Ice Punch is run, OHKO Lando-T. The goal of this set is not to sweep, but to lure in and KO its usual counters with the appropriate coverage move. This set might be a little too gimmicky, and I'm fine if it doesn't get accepted as viable.
Calcs:
192 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Slowbro: 211-250 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
192 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 276-325 (65.7 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
192 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 400-473 (101.5 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
192 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Swampert: 192-229 (47.5 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
192 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 192-229 (47.5 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Ice Punch vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 333-395 (89.7 - 106.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 335-398 (110.1 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 317-374 (80.4 - 94.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 354-416 (89.8 - 105.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 278-330 (78.5 - 93.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
192 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 143-169 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
And here's some Pokemon that just can't stomach an LO Superpower.
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 204-242 (78.1 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 253-298 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 148-174 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Pangoro Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 191-226 (52.4 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Overall, this set is mostly inferior to standard Pangoro, but does well if you need bulky Waters or Mega Sableye removed.

Well, here goes nothing don't hate me.

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Psychic

Specs Whimsicott does wonders on any team, especially those with sun. Get that 660 Speed Solarbeam up and say bye to anything that doesn't resist it. EVs are set to those of a special sweeper, and it has the bulk to take SOME hits, though not many. Moonblast acts as a secondary STAB that hit's almost as hard as Solarbeam, Psychic is thrown in for the Poison types Whimsicott is 4x weak to, and Hidden Power Rock takes out 4 of Grass's 5 weaknesses super effectively. Overall, not your average Prankster Whimsicott. But it does put in outstanding work to those that use it right.

Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Psychic

Specs Whimsicott does wonders on any team, especially those with sun. Get that 660 Speed Solarbeam up and say bye to anything that doesn't resist it. EVs are set to those of a special sweeper, and it has the bulk to take SOME hits, though not many. Moonblast acts as a secondary STAB that hit's almost as hard as Solarbeam, Psychic is thrown in for the Poison types Whimsicott is 4x weak to, and Hidden Power Rock takes out 4 of Grass's 5 weaknesses super effectively. Overall, not your average Prankster Whimsicott. But it does put in outstanding work to those that use it right.
Run Giga Drain. Or Energy Ball. NEVER SOLARBEAM.

Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Psychic

Sun is generally an unviable playstyle in OU. Don't feel like going into it because I'm literally going to bed in ten seconds but I wrote a whole analysis in don't-use-this-use-that on it

edit: happy 2k to me //streamers dance party whores bitches

Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Psychic

Eh. I prefer specs prankster with switcheroo. And giga drain. Maybe u-turn instead of HP anything.

Here's the thing. Don't use Whimsicott. A Specs set is horrible and brutally outclassed. The Prankster set isn't very good, it's just annoying. There are plenty of better Pokémon to use on your team.
Here's the thing: whimsicott is ranked, so we can discuss it if we please. The prankster set is just annoying? Lemme encore that dumbass mega gyara into substitute. It's got niches. The specs set isn't outstanding either; it's kind of like EQ latios in the fact that it catches folks off guard and nabs some kills. I've switcherooed away so many choice scarfs and OHKO'd so many lati twins that I think the set is worth a mention. We're doing creative sets here, right? Am I on the wrong forum?

AM

LCPL Champion
Most of these 'creative sets' I would never use anyways. It's not a big deal to get worked up over and just a platform to get some ideas going. If you don't like it don't use it.

image.jpg
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
252 Def/252 HP/4 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Amnesia
-Scald

This may be a little too mainstream, but I have seen very few Mega Slowbro's run Amnesia before (actually, I've seen very few MegaBro's in general). This is meant to be a self sufficient tank, provided it can get an Amnesia up without taking heavy damage. The EV's are meant to maximize its enormous physical bulk, as well as raise its defense overall with more HP. It has Rest & Sleep Talk to heal status and health, and Amnesia to boost its mediocre Special Defense. Scald is for dealing chip damage over time, essentially making this a set meant to last for as long as possible. As I said earlier though, this may be a little too generic for this particular thread. It's up to you.

AM

LCPL Champion
View attachment 34886
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
252 Def/252 HP/4 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Amnesia
-Scald

This may be a little too mainstream, but I have seen very few Mega Slowbro's run Amnesia before (actually, I've seen very few MegaBro's in general). This is meant to be a self sufficient tank, provided it can get an Amnesia up without taking heavy damage. The EV's are meant to maximize its enormous physical bulk, as well as raise its defense overall with more HP. It has Rest & Sleep Talk to heal status and health, and Amnesia to boost its mediocre Special Defense. Scald is for dealing chip damage over time, essentially making this a set meant to last for as long as possible. As I said earlier though, this may be a little too generic for this particular thread. It's up to you.
This set runs Calm Mind over Amnesia anyways to boost both its Special Defense and Special Attack at once.

This set runs Calm Mind over Amnesia anyways to boost both its Special Defense and Special Attack at once.
Amnesia's my personal preference, I just like the double Sp. Def boost more, since it typically needs it to survive against strong Sp. Attackers. Using Calm Mind is perfectly fine too.

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time for another one of my lordly sets :]

Jirachi @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 128 HP / 208 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Apicot Berry is Ground type for Natural Gift.
Rachi lures that god otherwise referred to as Heatran, which is a very annoying mon to face. I made this set while using a Mega Houndoom team as that benefits pretty nicely from a dead heatran (also helps out things like Lati and a bunch of other mons.) iron head + twave, the lordly combo. fairly self explanatory, STAB + hax :]]. U-Turn just as a momentum move, could replace with filler if needed.

The evs. 172 speed outspeeds max speed timidtran by 1 point (watch out for scarftran tho.) 208 evs w/ Adamant nature is for the high ohko chance vs bulky tran (chances are it's gonna be slightly whittled anyway)

208+ Atk Apicot Berry Jirachi Natural Gift (100 BP Ground) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 368-436 (95.3 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
208+ Atk Apicot Berry Jirachi Natural Gift (100 BP Ground) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 368-436 (113.9 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also ohkos Magnezone and gets nice damage off vs Bisharp.

Rest of the evs are just piled into HP for general bulk. The aim of this set is to lure out Heatran and bop it with an Apicot Berry Natural Gift, helping out your team in general, whether its to help something sweep or just to stop hazards, etc. Heatran can be a very annoying mon. Something like Fire Blast Altaria would be a nice partner for this too imo.

-----------------------------------------

I've also been experimenting with Drain Punch (80 evs w/ adamant nature) because things like Bisharp usually come in on this to Pursuit it. 108 speed outspeeds Jolly Bish and has a v high ohko chance. Also leaves a lot of evs left to plug into bulk. Item recommended is Leftovers or maybe Colbur Berry (dark resisting) to be able to take pursuits better and just incase it goes for knock off. Would also help out vs things like TTar crunch and dark types in general.

80+ Atk Jirachi Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 260-308 (95.5 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Thanks for reading, here's a shiny Starmie :]]]]]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)