Resource Creative and Underrated Sets

1k: the melancholy of kanye west

https://soundcloud.com/marraquetas%2Fits-gonna-touch-the-sky-right ^ this is actually my favorite song ever. change my mind

it's been a while guys. i was wondering what to use my 1k for, and i thought making an rmt would be a good idea (shoutouts help you get into rmt of the week hehe) but what would i even put there man? a bunch of stuff about smogon and life and motivational stuff with some dumb team at the end? i mean this post is basically the same thing but with stupid sets>team lol but for me the sets mean more than the team itself. you know how people say that sometimes the journey is better than the destination? that's what this is. for me, it's a bunch of cool sets instead of a team.

ok here we go

tide pod-chan ^_^ (Kyogre-Primal) (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 148 Spe
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash
- Solar Blade
- Steam Eruption

refrigerate primal kyogre. this pokemon isn't that good when your opponent knows what it does, which is why it fits best on hyper offense. +2 boomburst lures in and ohkos every giratina set except for prankster and unaware (which take around 75% from unboosted boomburst). z solar blade is used to deal with opposing ogre, and it allows the set to ohko opposing imposter without risking the ohko in return thanks to solar blade's two turn nature. 148 speed outruns everything up to deoxys speed (leaving only scarfers) at +2, and it underspeeds as many spectral thief users as it can.

x fighter (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Psystrike
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

teravolt is an amazing offensive ability because it lets mmy ignore all the annoying abilities like unaware, fur coat, sturdy etc and just slam all the walls with +3 attacks. on the other hand, it needs a plate to imposter proof (with mega sableye) and priority can be annoying too. tail glow can be really hard to set up reliably as well. that being said, if you get to +3 safely heads are gonna roll

secret sword hits steels, judgment hits darks. solgaleo is no mon. i'm actually not 100% sure you need psystrike because it only really hits like ho oh and kyogre.

anime was a mistake (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer
- Explosion
- V-create

trick room is a really weird playstyle in bh. in my experience it ultimately isn't that good. psychic surge ban was really tough bc ates can waste tr turns and kill your frail guys, and opposing offensive mons like mmy can be hard to kill on the special side without a super effective move. that being said, this trick room lead put in work in most games by pretty much guaranteeing a kill with explosion or a coverage move. flash fire steels and shed were the only mons that could really put a stop to it with trick room up. i think it's one of the better trick room setters in bh. don't actually use trick room tho

HEATAH FAJITA (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

aerilate specs zard y. this mon has higher special attack than you might think, at 159. this makes it pretty comparable to aerilate ray: although it doesn't outspeed kart/mega diancie, neither can ohko outside of mg head smash from the latter. its niche over mega ray is its additional fire typing, which allows it to ko all non ff steels after knocking off their item while also slamming soundproofers like audino.

knock off is useful vs vests and chansey (which gets 2hkod by boomburst without eviolite). volt switch is volt switch. kyogre gets 2hkod by specs boomburst so if you want you can run something like moongeist (shed/ff aegi) or secret sword (ttar).

IDM DELUXE (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Mind Blown
- Trick
- U-turn

still a better pixilate diancie check than ff aegi

big penguin (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce / Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Worry Seed

it's like magic bounce registeel but it trades the ability to counter normalize smash/glow gar (+2 judgment is a roll) for an extra water and fire resistance, allowing it to counter ph kyogre (+1 water spout does a billion to registeel) and lava plume xern. watch out for earth power tho.

jeff (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Knock Off
- Revelation Dance
- Oblivion Wing

offensive yveltal. this is a really weird mon because it needs only its stabs for everything except ttar/gear, so i focused on hitting av/fc users. it's cool because
a) it 2hkos nearly everything
b) it's not choice locked so they can't force you out by predicting
c) it's like a miracle with hazards up. shed dies, kyogre just drops to dragon ascent, zyg dies in 2, etc.

if you want you can replace oblivion wing for like cc/pblades/sunsteel because fc fairies are really uncommon compared to like fc giratina. it's still a good move though because of the recovery.

you tried (Audino-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Spiky Shield
- Baton Pass
- Yawn

yawn ph subpass mega audino. this set's niche is its ability to pass substitutes almost for free without wearing itself down. defensive mons (think magic bouncers immune to yawn) usually can't even touch mega audino. offensive mons are crippled by yawn unless they have taunt or magic bounce (it goes through sub).

the really cool thing about yawn is that since it has that delay before it takes effect, it gives audino an extra turn of ph recovery. say they go to regenvest sunsteel solgaleo as you sub up. they break your sub as you yawn, leaving you at the same hp as before you subbed.

their options aren't looking good at this point. they can stay in and sunsteel again on bp, but that won't ko and it gives you a free switch into any pokemon as they fall asleep. (keep in mind that if you value your hp, you can spiky shield here!) they can u-turn, which does 0 and gives you a slow bp into anything. that's pretty much it.

Applegate (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Baton Pass
- Synthesis

smash pass pdon. even though there are only 2 mons that can really hope to wall +2 pdon (giratina and zyg), each has multiple sets like unaware, prankster haze, fc, and regenvest making it hard for don to beat every variant with 1 move. smash pass attempts to remedy this by passing to a normal type like arceus or offensive mega audino to ko these pokemon. the team i used this on was terrible so i'm not sure how good the set itself is

(~•_•)~ (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Spectral Thief / filler
- Haze

prankster haze cress. cress is an extremely consistent prankster haze user from my experience because every non-stab moongeist beam without a boosting item fails to 2hko, and power trip does 0 after you haze them. cress also has really impressive bulk so it can kinda just switch in to scout them. prankster wisp is kinda neat on the fatter builds i used this on for reasons you'll see later

★★intermission, send music pls i have nothing to put here★★

next up are the ph users. ph is kinda weird because it turns every match into gsc ou kinda.

set 1: dance + kiss

we keep on playing (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance / Coil
- Lovely Kiss
- Thousand Arrows
- Play Rough

set 2: double dance

not the real me (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows / Sacred Fire
- Play Rough

benefits of set 1:
handles imposter while maintaining good coverage (sacred fire xern is walled by pdon)
easier to beat stuff like ff registeel
spectral thief doesn't bother you as much

benefits of set 2:
can pick a dance move based on the matchup
actually pp stalls prankster haze (this is why it has dd btw, dd has 32 pp while shift gear only has 16)
can also kinda pp stall spectral thief. that only has 16 pp which is pathetic

Pontiac (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Spore
- Knock Off

this dragon dance idea sounded kinda cool so here's dd regigigas. the lack of an extra speed boost doesn't matter at all unless you're using offense in which case you should be using shift gear anyway lol. at +1 jolly regi outruns the entire meta except deoxys s and some scarfers, but those aren't really a concern to the fatter teams you'd use this set on. if you're running adamant you still outspeed mosa

whenever a fat team plays a long game vs ph regi, boosting move use is the main thing to watch out for when deciding when to use core enforcer/worry seed/anchor shot. if they facade and you use core enforcer, you're just wasting your pp in the long run. but if they're at +1 and you use core enforcer to force them out, you've created a cycle where they'll be unable to break through your wall because when core enforcer's 16 pp runs out, so will shift gear's 16.

if regi has dragon dance, on the other hand, it can boost up much more freely thanks to having 2x pp. this helps it tremendously in the fat vs fat matchup.

Unstoppable (Zekrom) @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Plasma Fists
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Hammer

this set is cool because it's kinda like ash gren in ou in that by throwing out spikes, it facilitates its own sweep. regen helps it stay healthy to sweep later. i think showing>telling here
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-713158680

unaware chansey
one of the best mons in bh right now i think. there are two variants in particular that i really like:

spectral

show's over (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp
- Skill Swap / Worry Seed

knock off

everybody left (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Purify

spectral chansey does better vs offense. spectral thief helps it pressure guys like photon geyser tail glow mmy, mixed contrary (which you usually beat anyway), and random shell smashers.

knock off variants can guarantee 6% less hp per turn on pretty much any mon that comes in: if they have a magic bouncer, you can knock off leftovers; if they have a poison healer, you can heal its poison; if they send in anything else you can just wisp it. wisp is an integral move for chansey imo because it's so nice to just not have to worry about some physical attacker. this one is harder to imposter proof but any fire type or magic bouncer should do the job if it doesn't mind losing its item

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-713143113
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-710134688
chansey walling stuff

when i thought about my 1k i thought i'd be in a better place lol but at least now i know who my actual friends are. hoping to expand that list and get my real life back together maybe.

shoutouts to my mans (most of you are probably gonna have no idea what these sets are lol)
ou c&c: i'm nowhere near good at this game in its most popular form (maybe because all the analyses were high priority before i got a badge :thinking:) but this server is really chill. it's not like the ou discord where 99% of the time people are theorymonning stupid stuff, but at the same time there's no entry barrier. thanks guys

Vertex one of the coolest people on smogon. i understand you've quit to pursue your rap career but how could i not shout you out
leonard (from big bang theory) congrats on best username on the site
LL i think you're a pretty good chat presence tbh.
Martin mans part of every community on smogon LOL thanks for the sig
GMars although you may be the moderator of ou, your heart is still in the BEST TIER CAP LC
Finchinator :funch:
@p2 i like seeing your dumb ditto chansey teams in spl. funny guy too wait did you get banned? free my man
Gary come back to ou vr
Indigo Plateau nice to see you have a badge now. your forum projects are heat
sedertz -
Colonel M you do cool stuff. joycap died for our sins
Leo jelq
legend slayer Gojiratar woofmasterarf had some fun times on your server, thanks (not me saying i'm leaving btw)

oms/other cool ppl: guess this is what happens when you take a game too seriously -\_(' '/)_/-

Zovrah whenever i worry you're becoming better than me i just remember i'm thinking about the guy who kept ttar in on pheromosa and it's all good. worst username on the site btw
RNGIsFatal hope everything goes well for you irl man. you're cool and can get through this bad situation
I_Suck_At_Pokermon triple noob idiot my dad owns nintendo
Aldertz you didn't even try with this one sedertz come on. thanks for hanging out you're cool to talk to
Funbot28 analysis noob, thanks
pazza that's prob you in your avatar
Luckyboy123 lucky n bad mans rigged pokebot

we out
why isnt zekrom max def lol

Alright my friends, it's time to post even more BH sets that I have had some success with on the ladder.

Arceus-Electric @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Boomburst
- Judgment

What it does: This set is an extremely potent sweeper once Steels are removed. The great thing about the set is the amount of extra role compression it has. It takes reduced damage from Knock off, it dissuades most common entry hazard setters besides Mold Breaker Deoxys-S, it is easily Imposterproofed by a Ghost-type or an Unaware special wall, it checks most Rayquaza sets (except +6 Oblivion Wing) if it has full health and all Zygarde-c sets except Metal Burst ones, offensively checks standard Regigigas/Mega Mewtwo x/Mega Mewtwo Y/Xerneas with minor chip and a QD boost, and acts as a nice bulky pivot all around. Just a really great set!

How to Imposterproof it: Use any Ghost Type, or an Unaware special wall. Really, this could not be any easier. You will get free momentum every time an Imposter switches in!

calcs
Mewtwos
+1 252 SpA Arceus Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-X: 255-301 (61.2 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (boosted Close Combat KOs of course)
+1 252 SpA Arceus Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 226-267 (54.3 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Rayquaza-mega:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 402-474 (90.5 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (Who runs modest specs though)
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 378-446 (85.1 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Icicle Plate Arceus Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 392-464 (94.6 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Regigigas (It cannot switch in because Arceus can boost up and KO it before it KOs Arceus back)
+1 252 SpA Arceus Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Regigigas: 240-283 (56.6 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 186-220 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Xerneas is the same
+1 252 SpA Arceus Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas: 259-306 (56.7 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Gengar-Mega (Yes, it even can sweep Skill Swap Normalize variants because of judgment):
+1 252 SpA Icicle Plate Arceus Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gengar-Mega: 152-179 (46.9 - 55.2%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bulky Dragons
+1 252 SpA Icicle Plate Arceus Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Zygarde-Complete: 368-436 (57.8 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (no AV is usually totally destroyed)
+1 252 SpA Icicle Plate Arceus Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 236-278 (46.8 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO (only 3hKO with Poison Heal or leftovers)

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Rush
- Precipice Blades / Recover / Shift Gear / King's Shield

What it does: What do people generally switch in to Zekrom? Ground types of course, and mixed walls. This set takes advantage of both of those. The fourth move slot is mostly filler; you can use it to run some additional coverage (There aren't a lot of physical Sheer Force moves though so you get worn down by Life Orb recoil), King's Shield to neutralize Diancie attempts to RK, or Shift Gear to go the Double Dance route. The great thing about this set is if you can coil on a predicted switch, you get 100% accuracy on both STAB moves, which are freely spammable. If you can help it along with Electric Terrain support, you can spam Bolt Strike and decimate resistances too while being immune to Spore.

How to imposterproof it: A Fur Coat ground type that takes neutral damage from the other moves can imposterproof this set at +1. Alternatively, an Electric-immune Fairy-type such as Volt Absorb xerneas can also work.

Unfortunately, this simply falls flat against most offensive teams, which pack some sort of priority like Diancie-mega. But against full stall, it can blast holes really easily through them, such as Maurogrim stall which can't switch in to it safely. If you can chip walls down a bit with rocks or Knock off or U-turn damage you're well on your way to sweeping through teams with this set!

Calcs (unboosted):
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 173-204 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Zekrom Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 390-460 (61.3 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 393-463 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 243-289 (59.2 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 118-140 (33.5 - 39.7%) -- 23.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (This is a resist)

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 265-312 (37.6 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (2.3% chance to 2hKO after Stealth Rock)
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 235-278 (64.5 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Kyogre-Primal: 307-367 (75.9 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Bone Rush
- Shift Gear / Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Bolt Strike

What it does: When Kyurem-B takes the field, most people think it's a Refrigerate variant, because that's its best set. Steels are 2hKOed by bone rush unless they are Fur Coat or Celesteela. And for Celesteela or Kyogre-p that try to wall it, we have Bolt Strike. The z-power boosted attack can surprise and destroy Fur Coat Kyogre-p that have switched in to an attack. Run Swords Dance to blast through Defensive teams, Shift Gear to beat Offensive ones who rely on Focus Sash to check you (Icicle Spear breaks it), though you'll want to have a Steel-type to take hits from Diancie. Really this set doesn't succeed very well against HO teams because it requires that extra turn to set up, but once it does get that turn, it's almost guaranteed to pick up a KO.

How to Imposterproof it: Imposterproofing this is a bit more difficult, especially since you have to make sure you can take +1 or +2-boosted hits. I recommend Volt Absorb Slowbro-Mega.

Calcs
Steels cannot switch in:
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Bone Rush (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solgaleo: 260-310 (54.3 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Bone Rush (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 210-250 (57.6 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 200-240 (50.2 - 60.3%) -- approx. 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 270-318 (67.8 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kyogre-p is totally crippled if +1 or outright KOed at +2
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Kyogre-Primal: 330-390 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Giratina needs Fur Coat to wall, unwallable with Swords Dance up
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 180-220 (35.7 - 43.6%) -- approx. 93.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Audino can switch in 1 time
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 170-210 (41.4 - 51.2%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Fur Coat Chansey can wall but can only topsy turvy the boosts away because metal burst only does 90 damage back
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 275-330 (39 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Groudon-p dies if it switches into an attack. If it does not though, it can KO with sun boosted v-create
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 165-195 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Bone Rush (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 220-260 (54.5 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-Black in Harsh Sunshine: 447-526 (98.4 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Prayer time (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral thief / Will-o-Wisp / Overheat
- U-turn
- Recover
- King's Shield

What it does: walls Pixilate and Refrigerate users with Fire coverage without giving up the ability slot like Flash Fire Steels have to do. The role compression is just what the doctor ordered for some teams, and the fourth move choice is flexible allowing you to make this into your Shedinja counter with Infestation, or an able Stealth Rocker, or a status spreader. Watch out for Knock Off though, as a STAB Knock Off from Megatar does about 70%. The reason that I run Safety Goggles along with Magic Bounce is to counter Mold Breaker Deoxys-S leads. This also does an all right job of checking non Shell Smash Mewtwo-X sets as it resists both STABS without being weak to U-Turn (be wary of Spectral Thief though).

calcs:
Against MMX
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Mewtwo-Mega-X Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Darmanitan-Z: 356-420 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Darmanitan-Z: 177-209 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO (cannot KO after King's Shield)

Against Diancie-mega
worst case: 252 Atk Diancie-Mega Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Darmanitan-Z: 214-252 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Darmanitan-Z: 147-174 (35.5 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Diancie-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Darmanitan-Z: 79-94 (19 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Darmanitan-Z: 76-90 (18.3 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO

Against kyurem-black
252 Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Darmanitan-Z: 102-120 (24.6 - 28.9%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
252- SpA Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Darmanitan-Z: 107-126 (25.8 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Enjoy, and I hope to see some of these on the ladder, because they work!

I already posted about pursuit in BH a long time ago, back then it was a Gyarados-Mega. However as the meta evolved, Gyarados became more and more unviable as it was weak to both pivoting moves and didn't offer much besides a Psychic immunity and STAB Knock Off and Pursuit.
Recently I was experimenting with sand teams in BH, and so I also tested some Tyranitar-Mega sets, and when I tried out a banded Adaptabilityset, I saw how valuable a powerful Pursuit trapper can be for both defensive and offensive teams.

sudo rm -rf /* (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Choice Band / Dread Plate / Life Oorb
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm / Shore up / U-turn / Entry Hazard
- Switcheroo / Shore up / U-turn / Entry Hazard

With Adaptability and Choice Band, Pursuit OHKOes most neutral targets on the switch - making it easy to remove Rayquazas, Solgaleos, Giratinas, Kyogres and others from the opposing team - Knock Off also does that if you predict a non-switch and Diamond Storm can be used to remove Yveltal and other Dark resists. Shore Up can be used to keep Ttar healthy, Siwtcheroo allows you to cripple an opposing 'mon with the Choice Band, U-turn allows you to gain momentum, and you can abuse the pressure Ttar puts on the opposing team by stacking entry hazards.
And improofing that thing is pretty easy, the generic Zygarde or a Magic Bounce Magearna - another very underrated mon in my opinion - if you use hazards can do that.

Here's a replay against ElMustacho; in this battle Ttar removed a Giratina with Knock Off and later helped me to defeat a Steelworker Kartana, which I couldn't have defeated otherwise due to the lack of a Flash Fire steel. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-721352454

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
1k: the melancholy of kanye west

https://soundcloud.com/marraquetas%2Fits-gonna-touch-the-sky-right ^ this is actually my favorite song ever. change my mind

it's been a while guys. i was wondering what to use my 1k for, and i thought making an rmt would be a good idea (shoutouts help you get into rmt of the week hehe) but what would i even put there man? a bunch of stuff about smogon and life and motivational stuff with some dumb team at the end? i mean this post is basically the same thing but with stupid sets>team lol but for me the sets mean more than the team itself. you know how people say that sometimes the journey is better than the destination? that's what this is. for me, it's a bunch of cool sets instead of a team.

ok here we go

tide pod-chan ^_^ (Kyogre-Primal) (F) @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 148 Spe
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash
- Solar Blade
- Steam Eruption

refrigerate primal kyogre. this pokemon isn't that good when your opponent knows what it does, which is why it fits best on hyper offense. +2 boomburst lures in and ohkos every giratina set except for prankster and unaware (which take around 75% from unboosted boomburst). z solar blade is used to deal with opposing ogre, and it allows the set to ohko opposing imposter without risking the ohko in return thanks to solar blade's two turn nature. 148 speed outruns everything up to deoxys speed (leaving only scarfers) at +2, and it underspeeds as many spectral thief users as it can.

x fighter (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psystrike
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

teravolt is an amazing offensive ability because it lets mmy ignore all the annoying abilities like unaware, fur coat, sturdy etc and just slam all the walls with +3 attacks. on the other hand, it needs a plate to imposter proof (with mega sableye) and priority can be annoying too. tail glow can be really hard to set up reliably as well. that being said, if you get to +3 safely heads are gonna roll

secret sword hits steels, judgment hits darks. solgaleo is no mon. i'm actually not 100% sure you need psystrike because it only really hits like ho oh and kyogre.

anime was a mistake (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer
- Explosion
- V-create

trick room is a really weird playstyle in bh. in my experience it ultimately isn't that good. psychic surge ban was really tough bc ates can waste tr turns and kill your frail guys, and opposing offensive mons like mmy can be hard to kill on the special side without a super effective move. that being said, this trick room lead put in work in most games by pretty much guaranteeing a kill with explosion or a coverage move. flash fire steels and shed were the only mons that could really put a stop to it with trick room up. i think it's one of the better trick room setters in bh. don't actually use trick room tho

HEATAH FAJITA (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

aerilate specs zard y. this mon has higher special attack than you might think, at 159. this makes it pretty comparable to aerilate ray: although it doesn't outspeed kart/mega diancie, neither can ohko outside of mg head smash from the latter. its niche over mega ray is its additional fire typing, which allows it to ko all non ff steels after knocking off their item while also slamming soundproofers like audino.

knock off is useful vs vests and chansey (which gets 2hkod by boomburst without eviolite). volt switch is volt switch. kyogre gets 2hkod by specs boomburst so if you want you can run something like moongeist (shed/ff aegi) or secret sword (ttar).

IDM DELUXE (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Mind Blown
- Trick
- U-turn

still a better pixilate diancie check than ff aegi

big penguin (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce / Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Worry Seed

it's like magic bounce registeel but it trades the ability to counter normalize smash/glow gar (+2 judgment is a roll) for an extra water and fire resistance, allowing it to counter ph kyogre (+1 water spout does a billion to registeel) and lava plume xern. watch out for earth power tho.

jeff (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Knock Off
- Revelation Dance
- Oblivion Wing

offensive yveltal. this is a really weird mon because it needs only its stabs for everything except ttar/gear, so i focused on hitting av/fc users. it's cool because
a) it 2hkos nearly everything
b) it's not choice locked so they can't force you out by predicting
c) it's like a miracle with hazards up. shed dies, kyogre just drops to dragon ascent, zyg dies in 2, etc.

if you want you can replace oblivion wing for like cc/pblades/sunsteel because fc fairies are really uncommon compared to like fc giratina. it's still a good move though because of the recovery.

you tried (Audino-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Spiky Shield
- Baton Pass
- Yawn

yawn ph subpass mega audino. this set's niche is its ability to pass substitutes almost for free without wearing itself down. defensive mons (think magic bouncers immune to yawn) usually can't even touch mega audino. offensive mons are crippled by yawn unless they have taunt or magic bounce (it goes through sub).

the really cool thing about yawn is that since it has that delay before it takes effect, it gives audino an extra turn of ph recovery. say they go to regenvest sunsteel solgaleo as you sub up. they break your sub as you yawn, leaving you at the same hp as before you subbed.

their options aren't looking good at this point. they can stay in and sunsteel again on bp, but that won't ko and it gives you a free switch into any pokemon as they fall asleep. (keep in mind that if you value your hp, you can spiky shield here!) they can u-turn, which does 0 and gives you a slow bp into anything. that's pretty much it.

Applegate (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Illusion
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Baton Pass
- Synthesis

smash pass pdon. even though there are only 2 mons that can really hope to wall +2 pdon (giratina and zyg), each has multiple sets like unaware, prankster haze, fc, and regenvest making it hard for don to beat every variant with 1 move. smash pass attempts to remedy this by passing to a normal type like arceus or offensive mega audino to ko these pokemon. the team i used this on was terrible so i'm not sure how good the set itself is

(~•_•)~ (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Spectral Thief / filler
- Haze

prankster haze cress. cress is an extremely consistent prankster haze user from my experience because every non-stab moongeist beam without a boosting item fails to 2hko, and power trip does 0 after you haze them. cress also has really impressive bulk so it can kinda just switch in to scout them. prankster wisp is kinda neat on the fatter builds i used this on for reasons you'll see later

★★intermission, send music pls i have nothing to put here★★

next up are the ph users. ph is kinda weird because it turns every match into gsc ou kinda.

set 1: dance + kiss

we keep on playing (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance / Coil
- Lovely Kiss
- Thousand Arrows
- Play Rough

set 2: double dance

not the real me (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows / Sacred Fire
- Play Rough

benefits of set 1:
handles imposter while maintaining good coverage (sacred fire xern is walled by pdon)
easier to beat stuff like ff registeel
spectral thief doesn't bother you as much

benefits of set 2:
can pick a dance move based on the matchup
actually pp stalls prankster haze (this is why it has dd btw, dd has 32 pp while shift gear only has 16)
can also kinda pp stall spectral thief. that only has 16 pp which is pathetic

Pontiac (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Spore
- Knock Off

this dragon dance idea sounded kinda cool so here's dd regigigas. the lack of an extra speed boost doesn't matter at all unless you're using offense in which case you should be using shift gear anyway lol. at +1 jolly regi outruns the entire meta except deoxys s and some scarfers, but those aren't really a concern to the fatter teams you'd use this set on. if you're running adamant you still outspeed mosa

whenever a fat team plays a long game vs ph regi, boosting move use is the main thing to watch out for when deciding when to use core enforcer/worry seed/anchor shot. if they facade and you use core enforcer, you're just wasting your pp in the long run. but if they're at +1 and you use core enforcer to force them out, you've created a cycle where they'll be unable to break through your wall because when core enforcer's 16 pp runs out, so will shift gear's 16.

if regi has dragon dance, on the other hand, it can boost up much more freely thanks to having 2x pp. this helps it tremendously in the fat vs fat matchup.

Unstoppable (Zekrom) @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Plasma Fists
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Hammer

this set is cool because it's kinda like ash gren in ou in that by throwing out spikes, it facilitates its own sweep. regen helps it stay healthy to sweep later. i think showing>telling here
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-713158680

unaware chansey
one of the best mons in bh right now i think. there are two variants in particular that i really like:

spectral

show's over (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp
- Skill Swap / Worry Seed

knock off

everybody left (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Purify

spectral chansey does better vs offense. spectral thief helps it pressure guys like photon geyser tail glow mmy, mixed contrary (which you usually beat anyway), and random shell smashers.

knock off variants can guarantee 6% less hp per turn on pretty much any mon that comes in: if they have a magic bouncer, you can knock off leftovers; if they have a poison healer, you can heal its poison; if they send in anything else you can just wisp it. wisp is an integral move for chansey imo because it's so nice to just not have to worry about some physical attacker. this one is harder to imposter proof but any fire type or magic bouncer should do the job if it doesn't mind losing its item

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-713143113
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-710134688
chansey walling stuff

when i thought about my 1k i thought i'd be in a better place lol but at least now i know who my actual friends are. hoping to expand that list and get my real life back together maybe.

shoutouts to my mans (most of you are probably gonna have no idea what these sets are lol)
ou c&c: i'm nowhere near good at this game in its most popular form (maybe because all the analyses were high priority before i got a badge :thinking:) but this server is really chill. it's not like the ou discord where 99% of the time people are theorymonning stupid stuff, but at the same time there's no entry barrier. thanks guys

Vertex one of the coolest people on smogon. i understand you've quit to pursue your rap career but how could i not shout you out
leonard (from big bang theory) congrats on best username on the site
LL i think you're a pretty good chat presence tbh.
Martin mans part of every community on smogon LOL thanks for the sig
GMars although you may be the moderator of ou, your heart is still in the BEST TIER CAP LC
Finchinator :funch:
@p2 i like seeing your dumb ditto chansey teams in spl. funny guy too wait did you get banned? free my man
Gary come back to ou vr
Indigo Plateau nice to see you have a badge now. your forum projects are heat
sedertz -
Colonel M you do cool stuff. joycap died for our sins
Leo jelq
legend slayer Gojiratar woofmasterarf had some fun times on your server, thanks (not me saying i'm leaving btw)

oms/other cool ppl: guess this is what happens when you take a game too seriously -\_(' '/)_/-

Zovrah whenever i worry you're becoming better than me i just remember i'm thinking about the guy who kept ttar in on pheromosa and it's all good. worst username on the site btw
RNGIsFatal hope everything goes well for you irl man. you're cool and can get through this bad situation
I_Suck_At_Pokermon triple noob idiot my dad owns nintendo
Aldertz you didn't even try with this one sedertz come on. thanks for hanging out you're cool to talk to
Funbot28 analysis noob, thanks
pazza that's prob you in your avatar
Luckyboy123 lucky n bad mans rigged pokebot

we out
In regards to your MMY Tail Glow Set, I created and prefer:
Don’t Haze Me Bro!

4FFBE99B-7EB8-46DD-815E-3275C7E0EF52.jpeg

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Imprison
- Haze
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip

Imprison turn 1 to keep your defenses, then maximize your boosts through Simple Shell Smash (likely slow enough to go second and after Spectral Thief).

Power Trip will now be at 260 Power, until you Mega Evolve which factors the STAB boost to push it to 390 Base power.

Upon Mega Evolution, you have Mold Breaker to bypass Unaware, Fur Coat, and Sturdy, have already prevented Imposter and Prankster Haze, and even resisted hits will take 195 Base Power off 1337 (LEET) Attack after Shell Smash, and of course 390 Base power if the hit is neutral.

The benefits of Mega Evolution also allow you to remove Normalize upon Mega Evolution should you face a Mega-Gengar.

It’s Dark Typing will prevent Prankster Heart Swap, Topsy Turvey, Spore, and more.
Having a Fire, Ice, Water, Ghost, Dark, Steel, resistance and an Immunity to Psychic and Prankster Help it mitigate fast Priority attacks such as Skill Link Rocky Helmet Water Shuriken, etc.
This translate to: even after a Simple Shell Smash, while it’s Defenses are halved its resistance to Ice will make it as if the hit is neutral, meaning it won’t be a sitting duck to Refrigerate, provided it is in good HP, as Shell Smash means it will outspeed a Kyurem-Black’s Boomburst.

Damage Calculations from Kyurem-B:
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Fake Out vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 103-121 (26.1 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Extreme Speed vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

92.1% total max damage after both Priority moves hit (if Adamant with Life Orb).

Still, many use Icicle Plate and a Speed boosting nature to break ties with other Kyurem-B and outpace Base 90-100 Speed Pokemon.

Here are those calculations as shown below:
252 Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Fake Out vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 87-102 (22 - 25.8%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Extreme Speed vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
So 77% total max damage after both Priority moves hit.

In either case, Kyurem B would not be able to counter Gyarados-Mega even after halving it’s Defenses, as it would need to switch out after a Fake Out, and then back in again to use Fake Out a second time before it could have a shot at KOing with Extreme Speed.
Triage Rayquaza is not a Counter to Simple Shell Smash Gyarados either Calcs are below:
252+ SpA Life Orb Rayquaza Oblivion Wing vs. -2 252 HP / 252 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 274-324 (69.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Rayquaza Giga Drain vs. -2 252 HP / 252 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Whose Mega now?
It’s Counters are Far and Few:
1) Focus Sash Spectral Thiefers (Entry Hazards Counter them)
2) -Ate attackers (Galvanize, Pixelate, Aerilate but NOT Refrigerate), STAB Triage Giga Drain, or Non-STAB Horn Leech, Drain Punch, Leech Life (Not Oblivion Wing or non-STAB Giga Drain).

3) Prankster Destiny Bond or Perish Song

Situational Counters:

4) *Well-timed Focus Sash Skill Swap, Entrainment, Worry Seed (if used after the Mega Evolution)
5) *Well-timed Core Enforcer (if used before Shell Smash such as on the turn Imprison is used)

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I already posted about pursuit in BH a long time ago, back then it was a Gyarados-Mega. However as the meta evolved, Gyarados became more and more unviable as it was weak to both pivoting moves and didn't offer much besides a Psychic immunity and STAB Knock Off and Pursuit.
Recently I was experimenting with sand teams in BH, and so I also tested some Tyranitar-Mega sets, and when I tried out a banded Adaptabilityset, I saw how valuable a powerful Pursuit trapper can be for both defensive and offensive teams.

sudo rm -rf /* (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Choice Band / Dread Plate / Life Oorb
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm / Shore up / U-turn / Entry Hazard
- Switcheroo / Shore up / U-turn / Entry Hazard

With Adaptability and Choice Band, Pursuit OHKOes most neutral targets on the switch - making it easy to remove Rayquazas, Solgaleos, Giratinas, Kyogres and others from the opposing team - Knock Off also does that if you predict a non-switch and Diamond Storm can be used to remove Yveltal and other Dark resists. Shore Up can be used to keep Ttar healthy, Siwtcheroo allows you to cripple an opposing 'mon with the Choice Band, U-turn allows you to gain momentum, and you can abuse the pressure Ttar puts on the opposing team by stacking entry hazards.
And improofing that thing is pretty easy, the generic Zygarde or a Magic Bounce Magearna - another very underrated mon in my opinion - if you use hazards can do that.

Here's a replay against ElMustacho; in this battle Ttar removed a Giratina with Knock Off and later helped me to defeat a Steelworker Kartana, which I couldn't have defeated otherwise due to the lack of a Flash Fire steel. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-721352454
I really love banded adapt Ttar. I've been using it for a while but my set is 4 attacks, with Knock Off, Pursuit, Diamond Storm, and Sucker Punch. It definitely is prone to get worn down with no recovery, but I try to use it carefully. I recently switched to Dread Plate to test it out and it still works well (although it takes away the guaranteed OHKO on +Def Tina). The amount of things this guy OHKO and 2HKOs is crazy.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
You can do it like me and use Wish support to keep it healthy, which works pretty well.
If you were going to opt for Adaptability + Dread Plate (and assuming Diamond Storm + U-Turn) couldn’t you just use Hustle + Zoom Lens for similar damage and 96% accuracy?

While you only boost the Dark Attacks by 50%, rather than 60%, Hustle can also boost U-Turn, Diamond Storm, and since you lowered the Speed anyways, it will be going second and getting the accuracy boost the majority of the time.

I know there is still less accuracy and power on it’s Dark Moves, but it’s other moves basically get the equivalent of a Choice Band Boost, rather than nothing at all for U-Turn, and only a partial boost for Diamond Storm.

Also, according to Bulbapedia, from Gen 3 onwards (since there is no mention of it changing afterwards), there is no accuracy check on turns where the user switches out (only when they stay in), so Hustle won’t cause misses if the opponent switches:
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pursuit_(move)

Last edited:

ZeroPlasmaFist

Banned deucer.
welll, just found out what this is. set dump time.

These are all for 1v1 btw as it's like the only thing i play

https://pokepast.es/1976e6bbac05b3d6
never seen those sets before lol, although you have editited them. a word to anyone reading, adfjo specialises in effective and creative sets: he had one custom made for me(dont ask him if he can do more. he wont like it). heres the one he gave me
Zweilous (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Screech
- Giga Impact
- Superpower
- Crunch

Porygon-Z (Meloetta) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Uproar
- Psychic

"creative name" (Zygarde-Complete) @ Binding Band
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 120 HP / 24 Atk / 112 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bind
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Rest

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
To serve as an alternative to the Unburden Solgaleo Belly Drum Set:

Setname: MegaGrows

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip
- High Horsepower

After a Simple Shell Smash and Tough Claws Boost Power Trip has 338 Base power, while High Horsepower is used because it makes contact and gets boosted to 123 Base Power (outdoes Precipice Blades and at 95% accuracy!), and Sunsteel Strike gets 130 Base Power or 195 with STAB. It has better Attack than Solgaleo by a huge margin, and pre-Mega is still decently bulky for the turn it uses Shell Smash (when it is going second before the Defense drops).

Belly Drum and Unburden Solgaleo rely on a one time usage, while for Metagross, if I am afraid of Mega Evolving (they haven’t sent in Imposter yet), it may be better to just sweep in Base form, as I can send in Metagross to evolve later if they have a Counter (Prankster Haze Giratina), while Solgaleo is screwed if it has a Counter come in and prevent it from sweeping again.

Shell Smash is multi-use, while Belly Drum May not be if it takes enough hazard damage.

Mega Evolution serves 3 purposes:
A. Use Simple and gain Tough Claws for a free Life Orb Boost without the recoil.
B. Outspeeding (Eviolite/Light Ball) Imposter Chansey/ Pikachu
C. Underspeeding several Spectral Thief/Topsy Turvey/Heart Swap and Core Enforcer foes with a low base Speed and Adamant Nature.

Metagross can sweep when given hazards support for Focus Sash foes, and negates it’s defense drops with resistances to Aerilate/Pixelate/Refrigerate users.

Metagross can handle much of the metagame as most of its usual counters as they have either lost popularity (Unaware Gyarados), or are outspeed with a Mega Evolution Speed increase (VS Eviolite Imposter Chansey copying Base Form Metagross), or are victims of Ground coverage (Prankster Haze Registeel).

If Giratina/Zygarde is anything but Prankster Haze:

+4 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 481-567 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+4 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 477-562 (75 - 88.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Yes, that’s a neutral attack doing that much damage...

If the foe has Unaware:

+4 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Giratina: 554-654 (109.9 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Counters: Prankster Haze Zygarde, Giratina.

For Registeel with Prankster Haze, High Horsepower still 2HKOs (I put it with Unaware assuming Haze would have removed the boosts).

+4 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Registeel: 174-206 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

As soon as they take their first High Horsepower during the turn they Haze, they are forced to Shore Up or switch out, providing you with another Shell Smash on the predicted switch.

Solgaleo’s 137 Base Attack + Belly Drum = 410 X 4 = 1620

Metagross-Mega’s 145 Base Attack + Simple Shell Smash = 427 x 3 = 1281 X 1.3 (Tough Claws Boost) = 1665

Last edited:
Following on from Vhayle's post about Magearna in the Mix and Mega thread, I'd like to introduce to you a set that was discovered recently:
Alakazite Magearna:

Magearna @ Alakazite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

Alakazite Magearna works rather similarly to the niche stones used for fast CM Split variants - with the exception that its ability, Trace, allows it to act similar to almost every other variant. The matchups where it exceeds vs common checks are common, and the faster speed of this set makes it so that it is harder to deal with for bulky offenses, particularly in the case where Magearna traces something like Filter or Primordial Sea from Buzzwole / Magearna respectively. Fleur Cannon does a surprising amount of damage to even resists with this setup - 482 effective SpA is nothing to laugh at even unboosted, and this nature allows it to 3HKO important threats such as Groudon-Primal and 2HKO Altarianite Entei, making it, yet again, much harder to offensively check repeatedly. What makes this worse is that certain Pokemon that happen to check Magearna can be traced on a double, for example, on a misplayed double where the opponent goes into Ho-oh, Alak Mage can trace Regenerator, and in the case where it has little to no HP, it can suddenly get back on its feet, which is something no other variant bar Pinsirite can do. In a matchup where other variants cannot do much to stall, it can trace Magic Bounce from Confide Blissey and break through using that method.

Unfortunately, it has its issues in comparison to Cameruptite Magearna, where it simply does not have the bulk to handle the same threats that Cameruptite Magearna can comfortably switch into, such as Arceus-Ghost, nor does it have the bulk to check Lunala either. The anti-meta properties that these two have can really cause a strain on most teams, and so I would personally recommend bringing a Dark-type such as Yveltal to pair with this Pokemon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-739100978

Here is a replay showcasing many of the scenarios Alakazite Magearna can be much more adept in. The speed tier also helps vs slower Arceus variants and Zygarde variants, something that other Magearna can't do.

I was going to make a post in the main BH thread but I worry someone might actually think they were good.
The background for this is I've been seeing HO less and less since the psysurge ban and even before then almost all HO teams I saw had no actual checks for most things especially setup and relied on being set up already or wearing down a threatening mon with multiple of your own, or even worse just spamming generic prankster dbond and imposter (which usually drain momentum). So I looked at the most recent successful HO team I had seen, specifically at how it blanket checked things and then found/made some sets to try and add something defensively to HO. To add to that Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) asked "Why are all the sample teams balance?" and it made me slightly self conscious about the contents of my teambuilder.

Firstly a set that is neither creative nor underrated just to get into the right mindset:

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Light of Ruin
- Head Smash
- Sunsteel Strike / Defog / Some kinda tech idk

It lives a hit and spectrals not much to see here. The only reason it's used is on HO so that you have a mon that can live a boosted hit even if hazards are up and doesn't completely kill all your hard earned momentum, and it hits for some okayish damage if you're super effective on something. This set found it's place on a HO team used a fair bit in the BH Open (and I choked with r1 of the ssnl). It was this kind of emergency blanket check/offensive switchin I was looking to test. (I think Highlighter made it? Idk I asked and forgot rip.)

Okay so now we're in the mood of running HO without getting instantly swept here are some things that can stop common threats or generic setup and fit on offense. Just a side note: most of these are one time use and should be treated as such.

Ducky's Bae (Kartana) @ Steelium Z (/ Sitrus Berry)
Ability: Triage
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance (/ Belly Drum)
- Horn Leech
- Thousand Arrows

This is a decent check to standard PH gigas due to its resistance to facade, immunity to spore and ability to hit back hard. Game plan is to switch in (worst case scenario they shift gear), SD on the Facade and take ~50 then 2hko them with Horn Leech , while avoiding their roll for a 2hko due to the recovery.

+2 252+ Atk Kartana Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 256-303 (60.3 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal (39.7 - 47% recovered)
+1 252+ Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kartana: 144-169 (44.7 - 52.4%)

The recovery here is important since it avoids the roll for a 2hko with +1 Facade.
Problem is Lovely Kiss (if it hits and doesn't get 1 turn sleeps) and Spectral Thief gigas both beat you so only send this in if you need to/if they have killed something and you know the set.
The moves not mentioned don't do anything here but they seemed sensible, sunsteel so you can break certain fc or unaware mons and some coverage, although drain punch is extremely useful too. The item doesn't do anything for this but it seemed daft running an item for it to get knocked off (although you win anyway).
This mon can also switch into certain specific xern sets such as PH Moonblast, QD, Spore, Earthpower with modest (or timid as long as they don't ep on the switch and get the 30% roll) although standard steelworker does too so not impressive. Again, very specific but having one extra option might free up some different plays.

I don't recommend using this with sitrus belly drum because it's really dicey if they knock off on the switch and even when you win you don't have an item, boosts or much health.

Definitely needs significant support to sweep but gets more than one shot at it unlike Unburden Belly Drum and needs significantly more careful improofing.
Yes I do know this is in the setpedia but it never comes up in conversations about how good kart is (and I agree it isn't the most threatening set).

Why aren't you running Sacred Sword noob (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Fighting Memory
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Ice Hammer
- Multi-Attack

This functions as an emergency check to Entrainment Mega Gengar which is usually dealt with by never having a mon in that isn't boosted enough to kill it, but sometimes you are put in a bad situation such as after trading 1 for 1 with a prankster dbond. I used to have Shore Up but in about 100 games I never clicked it so Ice Hammer or something seems nice, maybe some other tech would fit.
Multi Attack for the memes of beating Imposter if you're above 90 (or a bit less after Ice Hammer), although U-turn does a million so it's unlikely. But hey, there's always speed ties.

OM!spired (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser

Here is a reasonable check to most -ates, as well as a few mmy sets and generic walled by steel things, which can take advantage of it's bulk, typing and ability to set up on offensive mons. The speed is to outspeed scarf imposter after you do the ultra thing, and you could even go a bit slower to underspeed Solgaleo to stop it from spectraling away your boosts but you start missing out on more and more speed tiers if you don't Ultraify, for example mmx and mgar are already too speedy (luckily they assume you will outspeed and tend not to send in that sort of fragile offensive mon).

Illusion (Mewtwo-Mega-X) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Hasty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Close Combat
- Photon Geyser
- Shift Gear

This is a generic example of a DQM mon to help deal with Triage Mega Rayquaza as well as -ates, which can both be a bit overwhelming otherwise revenge killing left right and centre. Icicle Spear to to stuff to Mega Ray behind a sub (3 hits is needed if they're at 75% behind a sub). Shift Gear is because it can get past sashes so it was a pain to improof if it's at +2 or higher. Again sorry not the most creative thing but I will make it up to you with the next set I swear.

What in the name of memes (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 SpD
- Endure
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Precipice Blades

Introducing Endure Custap Ray. Adapt hit's pretty hard so you can break some walls (fat dragons for example) and then when they naively think they can revenge kill with a sheer force mmy, you teach them the error of their ways. This has a similar effect to sash diancie but doesn't rely on the ability to work with hazards up but uses a move instead.
I would list this set's victims here but I must protect their identities *cough* GL Volkner *cough* (and they didn't want their teams revealing in replays).
Shoutout to MAMP who mentioned something about Custap about a year ago somewhere.

So there's some sets I've been messing around with trying to get a HO team to function with variable success (about 1750 on ladder and some small roomtours) although a lot of the wins can be attributed to the other mons I used.
Does anyone have an other/ better offensive checks to the mons I mentioned or other common threats (I know there definitely are some such as red orb don for diancie), any sets for HO that are imposter proof/resistant or just generic ideas for HO teams?

Also someone give me a good offensive spectral thief gigas check for the love of god.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I was going to make a post in the main BH thread but I worry someone might actually think they were good.
The background for this is I've been seeing HO less and less since the psysurge ban and even before then almost all HO teams I saw had no actual checks for most things especially setup and relied on being set up already or wearing down a threatening mon with multiple of your own, or even worse just spamming generic prankster dbond and imposter (which usually drain momentum). So I looked at the most recent successful HO team I had seen, specifically at how it blanket checked things and then found/made some sets to try and add something defensively to HO. To add to that Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) asked "Why are all the sample teams balance?" and it made me slightly self conscious about the contents of my teambuilder.

Firstly a set that is neither creative nor underrated just to get into the right mindset:

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Light of Ruin
- Head Smash
- Sunsteel Strike / Defog / Some kinda tech idk

It lives a hit and spectrals not much to see here. The only reason it's used is on HO so that you have a mon that can live a boosted hit even if hazards are up and doesn't completely kill all your hard earned momentum, and it hits for some okayish damage if you're super effective on something. This set found it's place on a HO team used a fair bit in the BH Open (and I choked with r1 of the ssnl). It was this kind of emergency blanket check/offensive switchin I was looking to test. (I think Highlighter made it? Idk I asked and forgot rip.)

Okay so now we're in the mood of running HO without getting instantly swept here are some things that can stop common threats or generic setup and fit on offense. Just a side note: most of these are one time use and should be treated as such.

Ducky's Bae (Kartana) @ Steelium Z (/ Sitrus Berry)
Ability: Triage
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance (/ Belly Drum)
- Horn Leech
- Thousand Arrows

This is a decent check to standard PH gigas due to its resistance to facade, immunity to spore and ability to hit back hard. Game plan is to switch in (worst case scenario they shift gear), SD on the Facade and take ~50 then 2hko them with Horn Leech , while avoiding their roll for a 2hko due to the recovery.

+2 252+ Atk Kartana Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 256-303 (60.3 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal (39.7 - 47% recovered)
+1 252+ Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kartana: 144-169 (44.7 - 52.4%)

The recovery here is important since it avoids the roll for a 2hko with +1 Facade.
Problem is Lovely Kiss (if it hits and doesn't get 1 turn sleeps) and Spectral Thief gigas both beat you so only send this in if you need to/if they have killed something and you know the set.
The moves not mentioned don't do anything here but they seemed sensible, sunsteel so you can break certain fc or unaware mons and some coverage, although drain punch is extremely useful too. The item doesn't do anything for this but it seemed daft running an item for it to get knocked off (although you win anyway).
This mon can also switch into certain specific xern sets such as PH Moonblast, QD, Spore, Earthpower with modest (or timid as long as they don't ep on the switch and get the 30% roll) although standard steelworker does too so not impressive. Again, very specific but having one extra option might free up some different plays.

I don't recommend using this with sitrus belly drum because it's really dicey if they knock off on the switch and even when you win you don't have an item, boosts or much health.

Definitely needs significant support to sweep but gets more than one shot at it unlike Unburden Belly Drum and needs significantly more careful improofing.
Yes I do know this is in the setpedia but it never comes up in conversations about how good kart is (and I agree it isn't the most threatening set).

Why aren't you running Sacred Sword noob (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Fighting Memory
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Ice Hammer
- Multi-Attack

This functions as an emergency check to Entrainment Mega Gengar which is usually dealt with by never having a mon in that isn't boosted enough to kill it, but sometimes you are put in a bad situation such as after trading 1 for 1 with a prankster dbond. I used to have Shore Up but in about 100 games I never clicked it so Ice Hammer or something seems nice, maybe some other tech would fit.
Multi Attack for the memes of beating Imposter if you're above 90 (or a bit less after Ice Hammer), although U-turn does a million so it's unlikely. But hey, there's always speed ties.

OM!spired (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser

Here is a reasonable check to most -ates, as well as a few mmy sets and generic walled by steel things, which can take advantage of it's bulk, typing and ability to set up on offensive mons. The speed is to outspeed scarf imposter after you do the ultra thing, and you could even go a bit slower to underspeed Solgaleo to stop it from spectraling away your boosts but you start missing out on more and more speed tiers if you don't Ultraify, for example mmx and mgar are already too speedy (luckily they assume you will outspeed and tend not to send in that sort of fragile offensive mon).

Illusion (Mewtwo-Mega-X) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Hasty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Close Combat
- Photon Geyser
- Shift Gear

This is a generic example of a DQM mon to help deal with Triage Mega Rayquaza as well as -ates, which can both be a bit overwhelming otherwise revenge killing left right and centre. Icicle Spear to to stuff to Mega Ray behind a sub (3 hits is needed if they're at 75% behind a sub). Shift Gear is because it can get past sashes so it was a pain to improof if it's at +2 or higher. Again sorry not the most creative thing but I will make it up to you with the next set I swear.

What in the name of memes (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IV: 0 SpD
Rash Nature
- Endure
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Precipice Blades

Introducing Endure Custap Ray. Adapt hit's pretty hard so you can break some walls (fat dragons for example) and then when they naively think they can revenge kill with a sheer force mmy, you teach them the error of their ways. This has a similar effect to sash diancie but doesn't rely on the ability to work with hazards up but uses a move instead.
I would list this set's victims here but I must protect their identities *cough* GL Volkner *cough* (and they didn't want their teams revealing in replays).
Shoutout to MAMP who mentioned something about Custap about a year ago somewhere.

So there's some sets I've been messing around with trying to get a HO team to function with variable success (about 1750 on ladder and some small roomtours) although a lot of the wins can be attributed to the other mons I used.
Does anyone have an other/ better offensive checks to the mons I mentioned or other common threats (I know there definitely are some such as red orb don for diancie), any sets for HO that are imposter proof/resistant or just generic ideas for HO teams?

Also someone give me a good offensive spectral thief gigas check for the love of god.
First of all, I praise your crediting me for the Ultra set, and I will adjust my speed accordingly for the Scarf Imposter Check (I should do the same for my “Megagross” Set.

One tip when facing Diancie-Mega (either Pixelate or Magic Guard):
When I switch into their Life Orb Boomburst while Stealth Rocks is on my side, it often puts me into KO range for another Boomburst, and since the Base form is slower than Diancie-Mega, they will Boomburst, Precipice Blades or even V-Create (for the Pixelate Set), same if you switched into Light of Ruin (Magic Guard sets) where they plan to use Mind Blown...
Point is, you know it won’t be Extreme Speed, so you Ultra to outspeed and use Sunsteel Strike which now gets the Neuroforce boost and a huge speed boost to 1HKO Diancie-Mega before it lands it’s moves.

One set I had already tested a month ago, but wanted to post here after seeing your Rayquaza set is this

Crit Hit (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Flyinium-Z
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Tail Wind
- Aeroblast
- Spacial Rend
- Drill Liner/Crabhammer

Double your entire Team’s Speed for 4 turns (including the turn you use it), throw in the Z-effect and you can be guaranteed to hit 2.25X as strong while 2x as fast, as it’s basically a free Focus Energy.

Suddenly Aeroblast and Spacial Rend are 337 after STAB, and Drill Run is 180, so hitting Steels and others that can resist Flying and/or Dragon such as Diancie are dealt with.
Crabhammer has more immediate power for neutral coverage hitting at 225 damage and handling Diancie (Magic Guard sets) even better.

The goal here is mixed sweeping coverage without the fear of Haze, Spectral Thief, Topsy Turvey, Heart Swap, and it is Imposterproof due to Tail Wind.

Also: I used a -SpD nature and 84 EVs so Imposter will be 1HKOed after Stealth Rocks by Crit Spacial Rend.

252 SpA Sniper Rayquaza-Mega Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 84- SpD Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 621-732 (88.2 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Alternatively you could just use Flyninium-Z for Aeroblast if you need a strong immediate move without setup.

Ray is here to slay.

Last edited:
actually imposters do copy the focus energy effect now; it was a very ancient oversight in the showdown code apparently. Z tailwind will still keep you imposterproof while it's up though. I heard about this like a month ago when I learned that the sniper MMY sets are a lot less useful now because they aren't imposterproof anymore.

hey guys, i've been trying out some oras weather sets and i think came up with something usable:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles / Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
Impish / Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire / Head Smash
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Spore / Stealth Rock / etc

sacred fire in the sun does decent damage along with the burn chance; head smash recoil can be healed off. can switch into some variants of ogre and force switch if specs. the main idea here was to find something that could do damage and survive long enough to make use of the 75% heal from DL synthesis, if anyone thinks of improvements lmk

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
hey guys, i've been trying out some oras weather sets and i think came up with something usable:

Impish / Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

sacred fire in the sun does decent damage along with the burn chance; head smash recoil can be healed off. can switch into some variants of ogre and force switch if specs. the main idea here was to find something that could do damage and survive long enough to make use of the 75% heal from DL synthesis, if anyone thinks of improvements lmk
One option for you is to replace the set with the following

Set name: Ran-in-the-Sand

Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sandstream
Impish / Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Baton Pass/Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Diamond Storm

Spore feels redundant with Sacred Fire, while Diamond Storm + Sacred Fire work well off of each other to enable Tyranitar to take hits on the physical side (Diamond Storm for building Defense in case they switch out to a Faster threat after the Burn).

Baton Pass and Spectral Thief can be options to benefit a slow-pivot to a teammate, or to disarm a set-up boosting foe.

Sandstream works off of adding to Ty-Mega’s SpD, adds additional residual damage that stacks with the Burn (less need for Rocky Helmet), and boosts Shore Up which has higher PP than Synthesis.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Impish / Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

The main problems are that 1) Kyogre-Primal usually runs defensive sets (Regenerator, Unaware) rather than offensive sets (Poison Heal), 2) Water moves are not actually used that often (besides Kyogre-Primal), and 3) while Tyranitar-Mega gets rid of Water weakness, it still has 6 other weaknesses to worry about.

I'd use this set instead:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed / Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm / Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Shore Up
- U-Turn

Shore Up is much more reliable than Synthesis because it has twice the PP. Additionally, Tyranitar-Mega in Sand increases his special bulk greatly, allowing him to better check Aerilate and Triage Rayquazas (which is basically the only reason why it's viable, dont quote me on this).

Another alternative would be, if Sun is the desired weather, to remove Head Smash and swap the Pokemon to Red Orb Groudon, giving you something that's more or less a standardish defensive Primaldon set.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Hammer
- U-Turn

So here is an extremely dangerous wallbreaker that is very difficult to check. Hyperspace Fury is the main spam move with its strong base power, no accuracy check (so ignore side effect of Hustle), and lack of very bulky switch-ins to hit the majority of mons in the tier for good neutral damage. Sunsteel Strike hits Fairy types that resists Hyperspace Fury and Sturdinja. Ice Hammer hits Yveltal and Zygod. Finally, U-Turn hits Ttar, Gyarados, and Imposter. Main problems with this set are the low defence and weakness to U-Turn which limits switch-in opportunities since you must immediately threaten to OHKO otherwise you get hit by slow U-Turn. Also you need extraordinary luck with Hustle. Some calcs miss the KO barely so add some hazards as team support or get a lot of chip.
Hyperspace Fury (All super effectives are OHKO)
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 328-387 (73.8 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 298-352 (67.1 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 399-469 (98.7 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 364-429 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 364-430 (91.4 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 331-391 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 328-387 (81.1 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dialga: 298-352 (73.7 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 279-328 (76.6 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 255-300 (70 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 348-411 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 265-313 (65.5 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 307-363 (87.2 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 280-330 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sableye-Mega: 319-376 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega: 289-342 (95 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 376-444 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If Imposter switched in after 1 Hyperspace Fury
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. -1 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 567-667 (80.5 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Sunsteel Strike
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 422-498 (102.9 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 384-454 (93.6 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 468-552 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 416-490 (59 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 372-438 (92 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar-Mega: 340-400 (84.1 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ice Hammer
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 468-552 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 792-932 (124.5 - 146.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
U-Turn
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 328-386 (83.2 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados-Mega: 298-352 (75.6 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 704-832 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hopefully those calc didn't blind you.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Hammer
- U-Turn

So here is an extremely dangerous wallbreaker that is very difficult to check. Hyperspace Fury is the main spam move with its strong base power, no accuracy check (so ignore side effect of Hustle), and lack of very bulky switch-ins to hit the majority of mons in the tier for good neutral damage. Sunsteel Strike hits Fairy types that resists Hyperspace Fury and Sturdinja. Ice Hammer hits Yveltal and Zygod. Finally, U-Turn hits Ttar, Gyarados, and Imposter. Main problems with this set are the low defence and weakness to U-Turn which limits switch-in opportunities since you must immediately threaten to OHKO otherwise you get hit by slow U-Turn. Also you need extraordinary luck with Hustle. Some calcs miss the KO barely so add some hazards as team support or get a lot of chip.
Hyperspace Fury (All super effectives are OHKO)
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 328-387 (73.8 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 298-352 (67.1 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 399-469 (98.7 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 364-429 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 364-430 (91.4 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 331-391 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 328-387 (81.1 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dialga: 298-352 (73.7 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 279-328 (76.6 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 255-300 (70 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 348-411 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 265-313 (65.5 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 307-363 (87.2 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 280-330 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sableye-Mega: 319-376 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega: 289-342 (95 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 376-444 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If Imposter switched in after 1 Hyperspace Fury
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. -1 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 567-667 (80.5 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Sunsteel Strike
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 422-498 (102.9 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 384-454 (93.6 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 468-552 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 416-490 (59 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 372-438 (92 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar-Mega: 340-400 (84.1 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ice Hammer
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 468-552 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 792-932 (124.5 - 146.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
U-Turn
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 328-386 (83.2 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados-Mega: 298-352 (75.6 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Hoopa-Unbound U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 704-832 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hopefully those calc didn't blind you.
How about Download+Photon Geyser? That’s another Hustle equivalent and Photon Geyser guarantees it will benefit no matter which stat is boosted by Download, whereas contrary Psycho Boost is only for Special Attackers.

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Shore Up
- Scald
- Spectral Thief/Searing Shot

Burn foes to lower their Atk, Quiver Dance to boost your SpD, so you can take hits from both sides, and either take a foe’s boosts or add coverage with Searing Shot.

252 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Volcanion: 162-192 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Volcanion: 134-162 (36.8 - 44.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Galvanize Zekrom Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Volcanion: 156-186 (42.8 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Quad resists= Steel, Ice, Fire
Resists= Bug, Fairy

Last edited:
after further testing sun ttar does suck
here's something that sucks a little less

REVEAL ENTRAINMENT (Gengar-Mega) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword
- Spore/Lovely Kiss
- Tail Glow
once you've cleaned your opponent's -ate and triage mons, this guy eats other teams alive
even with modest nature gar can sleep just about anything unboosted bar deo-s if flame orb activates, and is immune to sleep itself. imposterproof goes without saying once glow is up
imo it's much more effective as a late-game cleaner/improof mon than lame dqms and shitty normalize sets, but antipriority support is needed for it to reach full potential

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
These calcs are somewhat flawed: Any good Kyogre-Primal uses Choice Specs and/or boosting abilities like Primordial Sea and Adaptability.
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta in Heavy Rain: 313-369 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Adaptability Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 278-328 (68.8 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 313-369 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta in Heavy Rain: 469-553 (116 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 418-492 (103.4 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You might argue that Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal uses Water Spout sometimes, but since it uses Spore as well, it's only a matter of time until it gets a 3-turn sleep. Misty Terrain lasts only for so long, and Meloetta cannot knock out Kyogre-Primal in time.

It's also interesting to note that for many of your offensive calcs, you always include Stealth Rock, but for defensive calcs, you omit them. If you assume that Stealth Rock is so easy to set up that you assume that it is always on the field, it only makes sense to argue the same for your opponent.
(252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery)

By the way, I'm using Modest Kyogre-Primal because Kyogre-Primal's Speed stat is pretty terrible offensively. It is better to run a Modest nature and send it in on fat walls to almost surely secure a OHKO or 2HKO.

also

252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 162-192 (40 - 47.5%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
View attachment 127145

Rayquaza-Mega runs Choice Specs much more often than Sky Plate (24.3% compared to 15.2%), which causes this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Assuming that you have RegenVest Meloetta. You seem to favor Unaware more.)

wtf you going to do against imposter though
+4 252+ SpA Meloetta Boomburst vs. +4 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 111-132 (15.7 - 18.7%) -- possible 6HKO
+4 252+ SpA Chansey Boomburst vs. +4 252 HP / 252 SpD Meloetta: 166-196 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overall, Meloetta's typing may be helpful against Ghost and Psychic-type moves, but its Bug-type weakness makes it easily chipped by walls. Its only niche seems to be stalling out special set-up sweepers, and even then it can be broken through by sheer force (though Sheer Force MMY cannot break through). Not to mention it loses against -ate Boombursts, since Choice Specs matches Assault Vest and is highly used (24% for Rayquaza-Mega and 30% for Kyurem-White. Although Pixie Plate is the most used for Diancie-Mega and it has a fairly low chance to 2HKO (252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 156-184 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock) I would probably not depend on a 13.7% chance of Meloetta getting KO'd.
Your below points have been handled here
I agree I used SR, but can simply answer why I didn’t use SR on Meloetta’s Leftovers Unaware. If Meloetta comes in safely (slow pivot) on SR, it heals 6.25%, and then the following turn heals 6.25% from Baneful Bunker, this Stealth Rocks is negated before it takes any damage.

The Water Spout Kyogre I faced was Poison Heal with Leech Seed, Moongeist Beam, Quiver Dance. Water Spout. I even saw a RegenVest Water Spout Set.

Also, it was more a point of how it can survive hits at 3HKOs while Muk-A cannot.

You also omitted Grassy Terrain (Baneful Bunker turn to stall for Leftovers), from any of your offensive Water Spout sets except the very last one.

Also, if you are putting Stealth Rocks on Meloetta, then why not on Kyogre-P, don’t call me out for omitting then when you do the same... Water Spout doesn’t have the same power anymore...

Also, if Modest, Meloetta has the same speed, allowing Meloetta to hit Kyogre first on the speed tie, further weakening its Water Spout. Again, not at 100% (I used 100% to show the power of a move and durability, but you are taking it a step further and trying to add items and abilities and mentioning Meloetta isn’t able to take it in supposedly more “realistic” scenarios)...

Your Calcs on Diancie and Kyurem-omit Leftovers, as well as the extra turn of healing from Baneful Bunker (Grassy Terrain substitutes for that), and since you didn’t include Assault Vest you are somehow pretending Meloetta doesn’t have an item (quoted below):

“252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 162-192 (40 - 47.5%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO”

My -ate checks were for Assault Vest sets, so unless Kyurem-W, Diancie-M (Magic Guard and Pixelate) are only ever using Specs to negate Assault Vest, (Magic Guard Diancie-M, runs Life Orb b/c it’s mixed and doesn’t take Recoil) your Calcs here don’t reflect anything. Be more specific.

M-Diancie is 1HKOed by Flash Cannon either way, so your set doesn’t stop Meloetta from accomplishing its job.

I see Scarf and Sky Plate Aerilate Ray-M more than Specs... especially since many are FakeSpeed mixed sets.

Frost Breathe still 1HKOs Ray-M though, while Ray fails to do the same, meaning Meloetta can defeat it regardless on the Assault Vest Set,

Also, why bring up Kyurem-W, I never mentioned it? If to compare to Kyogre, keep in mind that the strong -ate boosted Boomburst’s Base Power of 168 makes up for the lower SpA stat. Not s surprise here (I already demonstrated how Boomburst allows Meloetta’s lower SpA to catch up to the damsge of Photon Geyser on MMY).

Imposter on Meloetta isn’t an issue when +4 is a 3HKO, lol, especially with Imposterproof teammates like Gengar-M, or anything it Baton Passes to designer to take a hit. (Gengar is safe to Baton Pass to because the Imposter wouldn’t know when you would Baton Pass and thus its not going to know when to use a move different from Boomburst. If I skipped Baton Pass then Sabeleye-Mega is a great Imposterproof to Meloetta...

Sheer Force? Unaware blocks set-up, Assault Vest handles -ates, and I have seen Pokémon with lower SpD get RegenVests (Muk-A), so clearly if Meloetta can do what Muk-A can do, but better due to higher SpD, I don’t see the problem.
Also. I suggest hide tags so it doesn’t clutter the thread.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Calcs vs Kyogre’s Water Spout with Leftovers and vs Aerilate Ray with Assault Vest
252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 190-225 (47 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Muk-Alola: 226-267 (54.5 - 64.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 171-202 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 204-240 (49.2 - 57.9%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
My suggestion: Unaware, possibly RegenVest, and perhaps Simple (I am not sure to be honest).
These calcs are somewhat flawed: Any good Kyogre-Primal uses Choice Specs and/or boosting abilities like Primordial Sea and Adaptability.
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta in Heavy Rain: 313-369 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Adaptability Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 278-328 (68.8 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 313-369 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta in Heavy Rain: 469-553 (116 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 418-492 (103.4 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You might argue that Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal uses Water Spout sometimes, but since it uses Spore as well, it's only a matter of time until it gets a 3-turn sleep. Misty Terrain lasts only for so long, and Meloetta cannot knock out Kyogre-Primal in time.

It's also interesting to note that for many of your offensive calcs, you always include Stealth Rock, but for defensive calcs, you omit them. If you assume that Stealth Rock is so easy to set up that you assume that it is always on the field, it only makes sense to argue the same for your opponent.
(252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery)

By the way, I'm using Modest Kyogre-Primal because Kyogre-Primal's Speed stat is pretty terrible offensively. It is better to run a Modest nature and send it in on fat walls to almost surely secure a OHKO or 2HKO.

also
The benefit of Meloetta comes from its better Stats: It’s higher SpD allows it to survive hits at 3HKOs without Leftovers, which enables it to use more beneficial items like Safety Goggles.
252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 190-225 (47 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
1490951430661.png

Rayquaza-Mega runs Choice Specs much more often than Sky Plate (24.3% compared to 15.2%), which causes this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Assuming that you have RegenVest Meloetta. You seem to favor Unaware more.)

Possessing the highest SpA among Normal Types, (bar Pidgeot-M) allows it to be an offensive threat on *Simple sets, bypassing Substitutes in the process, while being Imposterproof to Moongeist Beam
wtf you going to do against imposter though
+4 252+ SpA Meloetta Boomburst vs. +4 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 111-132 (15.7 - 18.7%) -- possible 6HKO
+4 252+ SpA Chansey Boomburst vs. +4 252 HP / 252 SpD Meloetta: 166-196 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overall, Meloetta's typing may be helpful against Ghost and Psychic-type moves, but its Bug-type weakness makes it easily chipped by walls. Its only niche seems to be stalling out special set-up sweepers, and even then it can be broken through by sheer force (though Sheer Force MMY cannot break through). Not to mention it loses against -ate Boombursts, since Choice Specs matches Assault Vest and is highly used (24% for Rayquaza-Mega and 30% for Kyurem-White. Although Pixie Plate is the most used for Diancie-Mega and it has a fairly low chance to 2HKO (252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 156-184 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock) I would probably not depend on a 13.7% chance of Meloetta getting KO'd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)