Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

jrp

Banned deucer.
Agility RainNite

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SpA / 4 Hp
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Surf

It's a little fun set I thought of one night. Basically you can lure in things that would normally wall Dragonite (read: Skarmory, Forretress, Ferro) and slaughter them with the appropriate move. You can also set up Agility, which lets you clean up a weakened team with Hurricane. Obviously it loses to special walls, but that's what teammates are for

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I remember fighting that Dragonitemare. I expect Hurricane from Dragonite in rain but never agility. A total menace late-game but extremely dependent on weather even more-so than almost any Pokemon.

I have an underrated set today. Sun-support Raikou; which is just the 4 attacks set but thrown on a Sun team.

Raikou @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball [Think Pseudo-STAB Base 100 Fire...or Water if Raining. Both are even stronger than T-Bolt due to weather]
- Hidden Power [Ice]

While normally thought to be a rain Pokemon, Raikou is IMO Sun’s greatest weapon against Rain teams. I have to give the on-site analysis' writer a little hell here since the analysis for this set states that it shouldn't be used in Sun which could not be more wrong. Nothing commonly seen on Rain wants to be anywhere near this thing and that is perfect for Sun's business. Its coverage is so stupidly good in Sun that it is a very common occurrence that 5 out of the 6 Pokemon on the opposing team can be hit Super Effectively. The few Pokemon like Gastrodon that can counter Raikou, are pretty open to Sun's Grass-types. Its speed is about the only issue with this Raikou, out-pacing Base 100s but not quite hitting Landorus-I's speed. It does at least have the bulk to take a hit or two and, thanks to its nature, Raikou hits like a freight train when Expert Belt activates (which is very often.) Life Orb works just as well but I don't see much sense in taking unneeded damage or revealing my item when Raikou usually gets the x1.3 boost anyway.

I personally pair it up with Wobbuffet to clean out any Scarf Pokemon that get a bright idea while also having a Politoed trap should Ninetales walk into a Choice-locked Hydro Pump. Levitators and stuff like Gliscor never hurt to run either.

for all of you that said shuckle moveset isnt viable in ou... there wrong i actually use it on a hail team and she runs like a buity
Anything with Substitute and a setup move beats it easily, plus Taunt users/phazers will stop it from setting up. It can't do anything but attempt to PP stall against any of the Steel types that are common in OU. Relying on defensive boosts is also a risky tactic, given how a critical hit is likely to happen sooner or later.

@Katakiri: Looks cool, though I think Thundurus-T could also pull off that same set, trading some bulk for more power and slightly more Speed (with a Timid nature). Electric/Ice/Fighting coverage is sufficient to hurt all of the common rain 'mons; the Fire part isn't really necessary. For a fourth move you could Grass Knot to deal with Gastrodon, Volt Switch or even Agility to attempt a sweep.

Agility RainNite

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SpA / 4 Hp
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Surf

It's a little fun set I thought of one night. Basically you can lure in things that would normally wall Dragonite (read: Skarmory, Forretress, Ferro) and slaughter them with the appropriate move. You can also set up Agility, which lets you clean up a weakened team with Hurricane. Obviously it loses to special walls, but that's what teammates are for
Multiscale seems redundant with life orb, it will deactive after one hit. I suppose that it could work for setting up the agility, but saving multiscale for that would limit the use of the pokémon to late game. I'd recommend either changing item (lum, lefties?), or ability.

jrp

Banned deucer.
It's not like inner focus is going to do anything for it, might as well just leave it as is to get off an agility lol

It's not like inner focus is going to do anything for it, might as well just leave it as is to get off an agility lol
I'd prefer inner focus for rachis, but both of them are situational on that set. It's not possible to determine a superior ability, both works, but in different situations.

I'd prefer inner focus for rachis, but both of them are situational on that set. It's not possible to determine a superior ability, both works, but in different situations.
Umm, no, it's pretty damn easy to determine the superior ability for Dnite. There's no question whatsoever. Running a Dragonite without Multiscale is like running a Politoed without Drizzle.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, the banning of Deoxys-D brought with it the loss of a lead that can consistently set up both SR and Spikes, and a dearth of leads that can do the same while keeping it all in one slot. Rest assured that I am not crazy when I bring this set up:

Skarmory @ Custap Berry | Sturdy
Timid | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe | 0 Atk
Stealth Rock | Spikes | Whirlwind | Taunt

This set was featured in trickroom's Ubers RMT, and I think it's particularly vicious in the OU metagame. It matches up well against sun offense that lacks Xatu (which is surprisingly common), rain offense (tank a boosted Water-type attack, activate Custap Berry, get an extra layer), and Meru's sand stall team (at least when I faced randoms using it; note that I never faced Meru himself), thanks to its phenomenal bulk (even without investment, mind you) and respectable Speed. Stealth Rock and Spikes are the obligatory entry hazards, if that couldn't be any more obvious. Taunt stops slower leads like Ferrothorn and Forretress from getting their hazards up while giving it a 50% chance of stopping Breloom from getting a Spore off on it, thanks to the two speed tying with one another (given a +Spe nature on Breloom). Landorus-T is either used as set-up fodder or pHazed out, and lead Garchomp suffers the same fate. The only common lead Skarmory cannot beat is Terrakion, and that's only if Terrakion carries Taunt over Swords Dance. Swords Dance variants are simply pHazed out like the rest. Thanks to Sturdy, Skarmory can tank a hit from Rotom-W, get SR up, consume the Custap Berry, and get at least one layer of Spikes up before croaking. The EVs maximize Skarmory's Speed stat and give it some measure of bulk.

Regarding alternate moves, Brave Bird (with a Jolly nature) can be used over one of Taunt or Whirlwind if you don't want Skarmory to be complete Taunt bait. I personally prefer having both Whirlwind and Taunt, but Brave Bird helps Skarmory get down to Custap Berry's activation range and kill itself before a spinner can negate its work. As for teammates, spinblockers like Jellicent and Gengar help keep its hazards alive, and offensive mons like Breloom and Garchomp work incredibly well in keeping Skarmory's fevered tempo running. Any mons that can beat Espeon and Xatu effectively work incredibly well with Skarmory.

custap skarmory is pretty sick, i've been using it ever since deo-d got banned. although whirlwind probably has better utility overall, have you considered running tailwind? it's quite an interesting option because it can give you an early game advantage, and hence grant your team momentum. something like lo lucario or cb kyurem-b can be really scary under tailwind.

Umm, no, it's pretty damn easy to determine the superior ability for Dnite. There's no question whatsoever. Running a Dragonite without Multiscale is like running a Politoed without Drizzle.
Are you aware of the context? We are discussing the ability for a life orbed dragonite without roost.

that skarmory is taunt bait.
so are most hazard leads. obviously you can see the taunt coming and switch out into something. if you're really worried about taunt you can go custap berry > mental herb, but you'd lose the utility of being able to set up two hazard layers against faster opponents.

Are you aware of the context? We are discussing the ability for a life orbed dragonite without roost.
multiscale is still superior in this case because it makes it easier to set up agility when you're at full health. inner focus is far more situational, anyway. though perhaps lo could be substituted for sharp beak (idk if the power drop is that significant or not, someone will need to do calcs).

Haha I can attest to the Skarmory set above. Skarmory manages deo-d's role very nicely. I've used it effectively on a poorly made gimmick HO team; I can only imagine the success you'll have actually building a real team with it.

I find brave bird mostly useless; you can smack Breloom pretty hard, but you're probably better off taunting it and setting up on it. I can't think of anything really worth hitting that takes priority over getting the hazards out tbh. It's a great set and pretty unexpected.

multiscale is still superior in this case because it makes it easier to set up agility when you're at full health. inner focus is far more situational, anyway. though perhaps lo could be substituted for sharp beak (idk if the power drop is that significant or not, someone will need to do calcs).
Agreed, Multiscale is superior in basically every way. At +2 Speed, basically nothing should be flinching you, and if you're getting flinch haxed by Jirachi, you've most likely been paralyzed already and Dragonite is going to be near useless.

Regarding Sharp Beak, a large number of Pokemon that couldn't take an attack powered by Life Orb suddenly are able to mess Dragonite up if it runs Sharp Beak. The notable ones are Ferrothorn, for example, will always survive twin Sharp Beak Hurricanes, while Life Orbed ones have a chance to OHKO after Leftovers, even if Ferrothorn has no prior damage. Non Sp Def. Rotom Wash can survive Thunders from Sharp Beak variants, but struggle to take LO Thunders.

Agreed, Multiscale is superior in basically every way. At +2 Speed, basically nothing should be flinching you, and if you're getting flinch haxed by Jirachi, you've most likely been paralyzed already and Dragonite is going to be near useless.

Regarding Sharp Beak, a large number of Pokemon that couldn't take an attack powered by Life Orb suddenly are able to mess Dragonite up if it runs Sharp Beak. The notable ones are Ferrothorn, for example, will always survive twin Sharp Beak Hurricanes, while Life Orbed ones have a chance to OHKO after Leftovers, even if Ferrothorn has no prior damage. Non Sp Def. Rotom Wash can survive Thunders from Sharp Beak variants, but struggle to take LO Thunders.
You can be flinched by fake out. Jirachi can flinch you before you get up the agility. If you only use the pokémon once in a battle, I agree, multiscale can be very useful. But, to me, it seems like that set should be used similar to agiliygross. You don't agility the first time it's used, you go for a single hit to weaken its counters and then switch out. That would make it a hard hitter in early- and middle game and a set up sweeper in late game, rather than just a set up sweeper in late game. Playing to preserve the multiscale keeps you from landing a few heavy hits early on.

jrp

Banned deucer.
You can be flinched by fake out. Jirachi can flinch you before you get up the agility. If you only use the pokémon once in a battle, I agree, multiscale can be very useful. But, to me, it seems like that set should be used similar to agiliygross. You don't agility the first time it's used, you go for a single hit to weaken its counters and then switch out. That would make it a hard hitter in early- and middle game and a set up sweeper in late game, rather than just a set up sweeper in late game. Playing to preserve the multiscale keeps you from landing a few heavy hits early on.
I'm going to use Landorus as an example. Lando-i cannot OHKO multiscale dragonite with HP Ice, while it can OHKO if a. multiscale is broken, or b. inner focus. HP ice does around 60% to dragonite through multiscale, which dnite can tank, set up an agility, and then massacre with Surf.

Fake out is a pretty rare move, and the only pokemon that even think about using it are Ambipom (which is utter ass in OU) and Mienshao (which rarely uses it).

Honestly it's really a matter of preference. This dragonite isn't going to be getting past most jirachi any time soon, so it really has no business staying in on it.

EDIT: If you want to, you could probably run Focus Blast over Thunder or something to hit Tyranitar hard with. I doubt ttar will be switching in to this set for fear that it's mixnite though

I've been a long time lurker of this thread, and I think I've finally got something that is worthy of being included.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Rest

Leftovers, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind and Rest don't even show up in the February usage statistics, and Thunder Wave isn't even mentioned as an alternative for this set on the analysis.

I got the initial inspiration from much earlier in this thread (chuavechito), but his build used Rest Talk and a SpDef over Def investment. These two changes, however, I feel significantly ramp up Gothitelle's effectiveness. The basic idea here is to switch into a vulnerable target, Thunder Wave and then set up via Calm Mind / Rest. Since his build contains the basic analysis already, I'm going to explain my two key changes.

Thunder Wave vs Rest Talk: Thunder Wave is really, hands down, what has made this set work for me. It serves three key purposes. First, Thunder Wave drops the speed of a target. While this is obvious, it's very important to keep in mind - since many targets will outspeed Gothitelle, this causes the turn order to go like this:
  • Opponent
  • Gothitelle (Thunder wave)
  • Gothitelle
  • Opponent
My point here is that using Thunder Wave essentially doesn't cost Gothitelle a turn, and thus is "free". This in turn makes choices for every turn easier as well, since Gothitelle will get to act first rather than have to survive the opponent's turn. The opponent's speed drop has allowed me to Rest immediately following a crit and still continuing to set up, which is a key advantage.

Second, paralysis procs shore up the problem that Sleep Talk looked to fix, i.e. making set up easier. Both Sleep Talk and paralysis are unreliable, with Sleep Talk only working 33% of the time (setting up Calm Mind) while paralysis only works 25% of the time. However, paralysis can proc on every turn, which likely will mean more free set up turns (the whole point of Sleep Talk in the first place, really).

Third, Thunder Wave gives Gothitelle an option to cripple its usual checks, if not beat them outright. Choice Band Tyranitar, for example, would be an obvious switch-in to Pursuit Gothitelle into oblivion. Gothitelle can outspeed and Thunder Wave, tank the non-boosted Pursuit and then has a 25% chance of being able to switch out. Phazers are similarly crippled, especially in stall. This build single-handledly can wreck many stall teams, as it can usually set up on 2-4 pokemon (Jellicent for example) and then cripple the phazer sent in with Thunder Wave(Skarmory for example) and easily heal off any status/residual damage with Rest. I feel with stall's minor increase in appearance lately that this is worth noting.

Def vs SpDef EV/nature investment: This is a matter of preference, but I feel like with the addition of Thunder Wave, Gothitelle can more than afford the SpDef drop in order to open up a wide range of options. A heavy investment into Def allows Gothitelle two key tactics it couldn't employ before.

First, Gothitelle can, as previously mentioned, now survive a lot of revenge killers, including its worst opponent, Choice Band Tyranitar. Even in its worst case scenario it can leave its opponent crippled with a Thunder Wave and escape 25% of the time. More interestingly, however, Gothitelle can absolutely maul many common revenge killers, including Garchomp (Outrage is a 3HKO after Leftovers, while +6 Psyshock is a possible OHKO after Stealth Rock), Keldeo (Hydro Pump in the rain is barely worth noticing, while +6 Psyshock is an OHKO), Latios (Draco Meteor is set up bait as long as Gothitelle can switch in after or is at +6), Salamence (Outrage is a 3HKO after Leftovers, +6 Psychock is an OHKO), CB Scizor (Only beats Gothitelle about 18% of the time with Pursuit, less if Stealth Rock is up) and Terrakion (Stone Edge is a 3HKO and +6 Psyshock is an OHKO). Jirachi gives Gothitelle problems... kind of. Even at +6 Gothitelle can only manage ~20%, but Jirachi can't do much to Gothitelle either, only doing ~30% with U-Turn. Don't forget that in all of the cases, Gothitelle can Thunder Wave (for free, since he's outsped) to at least cripple the opponent in case they get a crit to turn a 3HKO into a 2HKO.

Priority similarly doesn't work well, as it tanks Mach Punch (~10% from Techloom), Bullet Punch (~25% from CB Scizor) and Ice Shard (~20% from LO Mamoswine).

Second, as somewhat eluded to already, Gothitelle can reasonably tank both Physical and Special attacks, switching in to powerful opponents and crippling them with a Thunder Wave, adding a new tactic to its toolbox. Thanks to Rest, it can do so multiple times, albeit unreliably.

Third, this investment also expands some physical attackers as set-up bait, such as CB pokemon stuck on Fighting moves or physical attackers that lack a set up move of their own. Additionally, it adds Dugtrio to its kill list, meaning if you're looking to keep your Heatran alive this is a solid option.

Other Thoughts: Speed EVs can be played around with depending on whom you want to outspeed, but are less important because of Thunder Wave. You can also shift some Def EVs back into SpDef if there are specific Special attackers you're looking to switch in against.

Conclusion:
Gothitelle serves as a versatile, viable OU trapper, able to trap a large number of targets. I feel this set qualifies for this thread due to the pitiful usage of Leftovers, Calm Mind and Thunder Wave. It gives your team a potent status absorber, makes most opposing defensive pokemon into guaranteed setup bait, and can repeatedly come in and cripple/kill choice'd pokemon with ease and threaten a sweep.

Adding Thunder Wave and switching to Def EVs/nature instead of SpDef gives Gothitelle greatly enhanced capability again Physical attackers(including the ability to set up on some of them), increased resilience against typical revenge killers, a near universal crippling move against otherwise immune/highly-resistant opponents and the ability to switch in against powerful physical(and some special) attackers and cripple them, preventing sweeps. This is at the cost of being able to switch in against Special attackers as easily and weakens Gothitelle's match-up versus Ground-type Special attackers, such as RP Landorus.

0SpAtk +6 Gothitelle (Neutral) Psyshock vs 248HP/0Def Light Metal Scizor (Neutral): 48% - 56% (165 - 194 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 20% chance to 2HKO.
0SpAtk +6 Gothitelle (Neutral) Psyshock vs 248HP/0Def Garchomp (Neutral): 81% - 96% (343 - 405 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
0SpAtk +6 Gothitelle (Neutral) Psyshock vs 248HP/0Def Keldeo (Neutral): 187% - 220% (720 - 848 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
0SpAtk +6 Gothitelle (Neutral) Psyshock vs 248HP/0Def Salamence (Neutral): 100% - 118% (396 - 466 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
0SpAtk +6 Gothitelle (Neutral) Psyshock vs 248HP/0Def Jirachi (Neutral): 20% - 24% (82 - 97 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

252Atk Technician Scizor (Neutral) Bullet Punch vs 252HP/212Def Gothitelle (+Def): 22% - 26% (76 - 91 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO. Delete
252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) U-turn vs 252HP/212Def Gothitelle (+Def): 84% - 100% (290 - 344 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Pursuit vs 252HP/212Def Gothitelle (+Def): 48% - 57% (168 - 198 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 22% chance to 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Unnerve Tyranitar (+Atk) Pursuit vs 252HP/212Def Gothitelle (+Def): 49% - 59% (170 - 204 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 26% chance to 2HKO.
252Atk Unnerve Tyranitar (Neutral) Pursuit vs 252HP/212Def Gothitelle (+Def): 30% - 36% (104 - 126 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252Atk Garchomp (Neutral) Outrage vs 252HP/212Def Gothitelle (+Def): 44% - 52% (153 - 180 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 7% chance to 2HKO.
252SpAtk Keldeo (Neutral) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/0SpDef +6 Gothitelle (Neutral): 19% - 23% (67 - 81 HP). Guaranteed 6HKO.
252Atk Salamence (Neutral) Outrage vs 252HP/232Def Gothitelle (+Def): 44% - 52% (153 - 181 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 8% chance to 2HKO.
252Atk Jirachi (Neutral) U-turn vs 252HP/232Def Gothitelle (+Def): 28% - 33% (98 - 116 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252Atk Terrakion (Neutral) Stone Edge vs 252HP/232Def Gothitelle (+Def): 36% - 42% (124 - 147 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
252SpAtk Latios (Neutral) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/232SpDef Gothitelle (+SpDef): 45% - 54% (157 - 186 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 13% chance to 2HKO.
252Atk Life Orb Mamoswine (Neutral) Ice Shard vs 252HP/232Def Gothitelle (+Def): 19% - 22% (66 - 78 HP). Guaranteed 6HKO.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Superpower/Earthquake/Aqua Tail
- Outrage

Haxorus' best set in my opinion. It has a ridiculous amount of set up opportunities (to +2 +2). The different slashes depend on you: Do you care about skarm? Are you using rain? Etc.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou12698617

^Basically explains it better than words can.

I remember fighting that Dragonitemare. I expect Hurricane from Dragonite in rain but never agility. A total menace late-game but extremely dependent on weather even more-so than almost any Pokemon.

I have an underrated set today. Sun-support Raikou; which is just the 4 attacks set but thrown on a Sun team.

Raikou @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball [Think Pseudo-STAB Base 100 Fire...or Water if Raining. Both are even stronger than T-Bolt due to weather]
- Hidden Power [Ice]

While normally thought to be a rain Pokemon, Raikou is IMO Sun’s greatest weapon against Rain teams. I have to give the on-site analysis' writer a little hell here since the analysis for this set states that it shouldn't be used in Sun which could not be more wrong. Nothing commonly seen on Rain wants to be anywhere near this thing and that is perfect for Sun's business. Its coverage is so stupidly good in Sun that it is a very common occurrence that 5 out of the 6 Pokemon on the opposing team can be hit Super Effectively. The few Pokemon like Gastrodon that can counter Raikou, are pretty open to Sun's Grass-types. Its speed is about the only issue with this Raikou, out-pacing Base 100s but not quite hitting Landorus-I's speed. It does at least have the bulk to take a hit or two and, thanks to its nature, Raikou hits like a freight train when Expert Belt activates (which is very often.) Life Orb works just as well but I don't see much sense in taking unneeded damage or revealing my item when Raikou usually gets the x1.3 boost anyway.

I personally pair it up with Wobbuffet to clean out any Scarf Pokemon that get a bright idea while also having a Politoed trap should Ninetales walk into a Choice-locked Hydro Pump. Levitators and stuff like Gliscor never hurt to run either.
Wow this is an amazing-sounding set! The entire tier is hit neutrally, and most of it super-effectively, bar Alakazam, Gengar, and Gastrodon. I think, since you are running this on a Sun Team and you can't get a Timid Nature (at least it isn't Adamant :P) because of Aura Sphere, you could use Tailwind support (Tornadus, Tailwind/Taunt/Hurricane or Air Slash/Heat Wave + Prankster maybe?). I also think ScarfTar might pose a slight problem if Raikou is weakned by faster Pokemon and entry hazards. I plan to try this on my next OU team though, thanks for the idea!

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 Spd / 252 Atk / 100 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Return

After some testing I can say I am pleasantly surprised by how effective Leafeon is as a physical Chlorophyll sweeper. Its natural decent base speed allows it to run not only an Adamant nature, but also a considerable amount of bulk. Grass/Bug/Normal hits a surprising amount of OU. The only thing consistently walling you is Steel types such as Skarmory and Forretress. However, obviously, Leafeon would be on a Sun team, so Fire type attacks are in abundance. Swords Dance + Adamant + Life Orb hits for a considerable amount of damage, backed up by a solid base 110 attack. Leafeon is surprisingly bulk on the defensive side as well, sporting a solid base 130 defence. Alternatively, one could run Baton Pass over return to pass off your boosts to something like Victini (oh lawd, +2 V-Creates). Give Leafeon a try, you won't regret it :)

Edit: forgot to mention that 156 Speed EVs is Speed creeping a bit. This aims to outspeed Chlorophyll users aiming to outspeed Scarf latios.

I tryed Leafeon out, but the set I used max HP and 4 SPD for more bulk. I really hate using Non-STAB damaging normal moves (besides Explosion). I'd really prefer Natural gift Fire/Ice but I don't know if its legal with Chlorophyll. I'd use Iron Tail over Return because at least it get some SE coverage

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Return

After some testing I can say I am pleasantly surprised by how effective Leafeon is as a physical Chlorophyll sweeper. Its natural decent base speed allows it to run not only an Adamant nature, but also a considerable amount of bulk. Grass/Bug/Normal hits a surprising amount of OU. The only thing consistently walling you is Steel types such as Skarmory and Forretress. However, obviously, Leafeon would be on a Sun team, so Fire type attacks are in abundance. Swords Dance + Adamant + Life Orb hits for a considerable amount of damage, backed up by a solid base 110 attack. Leafeon is surprisingly bulk on the defensive side as well, sporting a solid base 130 defence. Alternatively, one could run Baton Pass over return to pass off your boosts to something like Victini (oh lawd, +2 V-Creates). Give Leafeon a try, you won't regret it :)

Edit: forgot to mention that 156 Speed EVs is Speed creeping a bit. This aims to outspeed Chlorophyll users aiming to outspeed Scarf latios.

I tryed Leafeon out, but the set I used max HP and 4 SPD for more bulk. I really hate using Non-STAB damaging normal moves (besides Explosion). I'd really prefer Natural gift Fire/Ice but I don't know if its legal with Chlorophyll. I'd use Iron Tail over Return because at least it get some SE coverage
Hm, I do sorta like Iron Tail to hit things like Kyurem-B and Mamoswine harder... I'm just not sure I like the accuracy when I need a neutral hit against things like Dragonite. I will test it out though, thanks!

I've had success with power herb and dig on sd Leafeon. It does, however, give up on the lift orb boost and coverage against flying types. Being able to hit fire types (heatran!!) super effectively is also important though. I wouldn't recommend it as the main set, but it's viable enough to be mentioned.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Return

Leafeon also gets Aerial Ace if you prefer to hit Fighting-types harder, as well as other Chlorophyll abusers (Venusaur and Victreebel mostly, but also Exeggutor and other Leafeon). I would not use Iron Tail because its accuracy is too low to warrant using, even for Ice-types (after all, a Sun team will have Fire-type Pokemon everywhere), since Leafeon does not get Hone Claws (it should; if it did Iron Tail would be viable). Lastly, Leafeon also has Wish and Substitute if you want to replace either coverage move with it; adjust EVs accordingly if you do.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
finally a set that's actually creative

hasty boom alert (Gengar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 128 SAtk / 244 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Brick Break
- Destiny Bond

catch em off guard with this one. evs allow you to still outspeed base 108s like terrak keldeo etc. sball for stab power, hp fire catches scizors and ferros off guard which is funny to watch. also ohkos standard forry for maximum spinblock power. brick break is probably the move that's making you question my sanity but it 2hkos cbtar and most standard variants of bulky tar after rocks plus 3hkos bulky heatran, can't ohko scarftar without a bit of prior damage though, sorry! you'll have to run dynamicpunch if you want to do that. destiny bond is pretty much for tentacruel that thinks it can get cute and scald you to death, and maybe it can, but you can take it down with you. also works as utility for basically whatever you want. beast set, yes i've tested it and yes it works.

finally a set that's actually creative

hasty boom alert (Gengar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 128 SAtk / 244 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Brick Break
- Destiny Bond

catch em off guard with this one. evs allow you to still outspeed base 108s like terrak keldeo etc. sball for stab power, hp fire catches scizors and ferros off guard which is funny to watch. also ohkos standard forry for maximum spinblock power. brick break is probably the move that's making you question my sanity but it 2hkos cbtar and most standard variants of bulky tar after rocks plus 3hkos bulky heatran, can't ohko scarftar without a bit of prior damage though, sorry! you'll have to run dynamicpunch if you want to do that. destiny bond is pretty much for tentacruel that thinks it can get cute and scald you to death, and maybe it can, but you can take it down with you. also works as utility for basically whatever you want. beast set, yes i've tested it and yes it works.
I think that good ol' subpunch Gar is better, if you want to use a physical fighting move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)