Other Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Just some quick theorymon'ing here. I just started using zapdos and I really like it's defensive capabilities this gen with electric giving it key resistances to top offensive threats. I'm using a more defensive set but here's something that I kinda like the looks of:

Zapdos@Choice Scarf
Ability:Pressure
EVs: 184 Hp / 252 SpA / 72 Spe Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch

It has enough speed to beat Greninja with the scarf. Being able to run modest is great for extra hitting power and the bulk helps it check pinsir/lucario. Not sure if sacrificing overall revenging potential for more bulk is worth it, but it was a thought. If you can handle dragon dancers another way it shouldn't be too much of an issue
That set looks rather nice, but I don't think the extra bulk is going to help it out as much, because as a scarfer it will be switching out a lot, and SR can really start piling up.

The set looks cool though, and that easier time checking Luke and Pinsir sounds nice.

Taking a page out of Kingdra's book and trying it out for myself, I think Critical-spamming (that's my term for it) Beedrill could catch somebody off guard in the lower tiers. Having Sniper as an ability really helps it a lot too. This would be a really shitty gimmick even in the lower tiers IMO

Beedrill @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
- Focus Energy
- X-Scissor / Fell Stinger (Felt like I had to throw this in. Wouldn't want this new move to go to waste eh?)
- Poison Jab
- Brick Break

EDIT: Added X-Scissor. Fell Stinger is a terrible move smh

Last edited:
Pretty much any pokemon that learns focus Energy can abuse the tactic. However, you waste an item slot for merely a 1.5 boost, AFTER set up.

On the subject, I'll post something I've tried personally and it sometimes sweeps and sometimes serves as nothing but a dead weight. Presenting Critpedo.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Night Slash
-Slash/Waterfall/Earthquake
-Slash/Waterfall/Earthquake/Destiny Bond
-Focus Energy

Reasons to use Critpedo:
-It's the only way that Sharpedo can boost its offensive power
-It's RLY fast
-Focus Energy + high crit move gives you 100% crits, allowing you to forego Scope Lens for a more useful item
-It gets good neutral coverage
-It's unexpectedthis should never be used as justification for a set, take note

Reasons not to use Critpedo:
-It's extremely frail and, with Life Orb, self-destructive
-It doesn't have Sniper
-Its super effective coverage isn't so good, and you'll find yourself wanting better SE coverage a lot
-In OU, if you're looking for a fast sweeper, other Pokémon can probably better suit the needs you're after, even other Water/Darks

I'm posting this because I believe that more Pokémon are able to make use of the new crit mechanics besides Kingdra. Not necessarily in the same way or to the same effectiveness, but I'm sure there are Pokémon out there who have even marginally improved since last gen due to the new ability to reach 100% crits. Sharpedo's the closest thing I've found so far apart from the obvious Kingdra. Try it if you like.

EDIT: A better way of wording what I'm trying to say is this: I'm not saying "this set will bring you success so use it", I'm saying "if you're planning to use Sharpedo, I think this is probably the best way of going about it".

lmao Focus Energy Beedrill. That only works in ASB. Also Sniper gives it a 2.25 multiplier on all its moves after one Focus Energy.

Sharpedo should also not be trying to set up at all. It cannot take a single hit (unless that hit is Psychic-type), so you can't set up most of the time. Instead, Sharpedo should be a late-game cleaner, which should come in after everything is weakened, then get a Speed Boost or two (with the help of Protect), and spam Waterfall and Crunch to win.

Nothing creative whatsoever with the move set, but suggesting a different item + EV Spread for Volcarona.

Volcarona @ Coba Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
EVs: 108 Def, 232 SAtk, 168 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Rock

Some Calcs vs Talonflame

• 252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 262-310 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252 Atk Sky Plate Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 211-249 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 230-270 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ Atk Sky Plate Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 231-273 (74.2 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 251-296 (80.7 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 288-340 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

• 232 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs. 48 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 360-428 (116.5 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Was found when I was breeding HP Rock Volcarona just for funsies, but I was surprised at how well this worked. Since HP Rock forces you to drop down your speed IV to 30, there wasn't much point in running max speed since other base 100s will always outrun you, so I dropped it down to 168 so with Timid you'd still be faster than Jolly Excadrill. I guess you could still try to outrun Timid Hydreigon and base 90s like Roserade, but those are pretty rare.

Because Talonflame is a pretty big thorn in attempting a Volcarona sweep, this set gives you a much better chance at accomplishing that. Adamant + Choice Band is Talonflame's most reliable way of beating this, but even then it's not a particularly great chance.

If your opponent has no other priority users, you can afford to Quiver Dance first as they switch to Talonflame, then go HP Rock (make sure the Talonflame isn't Adamant + Band though). Otherwise just HP Rock on the switch in just so you're not crippled enough to be finished off by Aegislash's Shadow Sneak or something. Also go with 4 HP / 104 Def on cartridge in case you weren't able to keep Rocks away (this won't work if you weren't).

It's pretty situational, I realize, but I always feel that some bulk on Volc is better than 252/252 SAtk/Spe, and it doesn't have too many better options for a fourth moves slot. Gastrodon isn't around so Giga Drain is less viable, while using HP Rock allows you to beat Volcarona's biggest counter (who is everywhere atm), Charizards, some random weakened Dragons, and other Volcaronas, and HP Ground is mainly just for Heatran.

I've been able to start some late game sweeps with this because I don't have to worry about Talonflame, but admittedly experience with it isn't too extensive, so someone please tell me this won't work at all (in the grand picture as opposed to my limited play time with it) so I don't have to bother breeding a Timid one in game (I have a Modest one by luck but I don't really want that). I probably still will, though, again, just for funsies. :)

Bulk definitely works a ton better for Volcarona. I run leftovers with fully invested physical defenses and it takes hits like a champ. I really do recommend leaving Giga Drain on the set though, it gives it a lot more longevity and an answer to Azumarill/Rotom-W/Manaphy among others. I usually find Bug Buzz being the weak link in the set and if I decide to run HP Rock I drop that, though lacking a Coba Berry I can only KO Talonflame on the switch. That said, Talonflame switch-ins tend to be easy to predict because nobody expects HP Rock.

I was really trying to make Salamence do something successful after not doing to well with Dragon Dance and this set actually ended up working out pretty well.

Salamence @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe (enough to outrun Adamant Gyarados)
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Fire Fang
- Iron Tail / Fire Fang

Even though Salamence's speed is something I would usually take advantage of, Intimidate is extremely helpful to soften blows and Salamence has quite a few resistances and a decent bulk when you invest in it just a little that you tend to overlook due to Stealth Rock and Life Orb constantly chipping at it. Although Dragonite is better in some aspects, Intimidate makes it a lot better when Stealth Rock isn't up or it is later in the match when things are getting worn down, so it can help out other Pokemon too. Regardless, this thing hits unexpectedly hard, even for the standards of being a Salamence (we are used to Lum or Scarf, probably) while not suffering from that annoying recoil damage (though unlikely, you may fool people into thinking it is a DD Mence with a Lum Berry). Outrage and Earthquake does a minimum of 80% to even bulky Pokemon such as 252/0 Conkeldurr and 252/0 Aegislash, respectively, and with some prediction you can get rid of fairies in order to eliminate them with an Iron Tail (although Azumarill is already 2HKOed by Earthquake). A lot of people tend to underestimate how much this does to Pokemon like these!

It requires some support and prediction to work at its best but the damage output and this thing's potential bulk with Intimidate factored in are both solid. You can also invest in its speed more if you so desire to, since its plenty faster than Dragonite.

e: a salamence thread was posted while I was posting this. This is awkward...

Last edited:
I been using this recently set in doubles and I love it ^,^

Sceptile @ Absorb Bulb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
Modest Nature
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Leech Seed

So basically you swap this bad boy in when using surf, he eats it up like a boss and starts crushing souls. I've found it works best with Mat Block Greninja, Dry Skin Helioptle and Specs Exploud.

Last edited:
I've got a very unorthodox, but incredibly useful set for Mega Gardevoir. Behold:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Rest
- Snore

It's easy enough to find a good moment to switch in with the ability trace and solid special bulk, and once you do, you can start boosting. It's best to preserve it for late game, when powerful phyisical attackers (like Terrakion, Scizor and Aegislash) are taken out. Maximum physical investment ensures that not even Kyurem-B can 2hitKO her, and makes it surprisingly durable against anything that cannot hit her with super effective damage on the physical side. Snore looks like an incredibly stupid and useless option, but it hits surprisingly hard as a 98 BP Fairy move which ignores substitutes once the boosts start stacking up. Rest+Snore has notable advantages over Resttalk (more coverage moves, and more reliable when asleep), and wish (requires you one turn to wait, only heals half of your HP). This set shines when people try to widdle you down with status or expect repeated 3HKO attacks will do the job. The only thing that is slightly annoying is that you need to use Rest in order to use snore, which can be a liability.

Last edited:
So I noticed something about Absol a little earlier. It has the ability Magic Bounce and access to Knock Off (STAB), Sucker Punch (STAB), Snarl (STAB), and Will-O-Wisp. It's also crazy fast with base 115 Speed. It could be this gens #1 annoyer.

Absol Absolite
Magic Bounce
Naive 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Will-O-Wisp
-Snarl
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch

The EV spread could be messed around with as HP or SpA EVs could be appreciated. I'm also not sure how to feel about tripple STAB.

I'd also like to share the anti-lead Absol I used back in 4th gen.

Absol @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Hasty / Naughty 252 Atk 4 SpD / 252 Spe
0 Def IVs
-Counter
-Magic Coat
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash / Super Power

Last edited:
So I noticed something about Absol a little earlier. It has the ability Magic Bounce and access to Knock Off (STAB), Sucker Punch (STAB), Snarl (STAB), and Will-O-Wisp. It's also crazy fast with base 115 Speed. It could be this gens #1 annoyer.
I'm suspicious of this one. Mostly because even when facing a burned pokemon or one with -1, 65/60/60 defenses are still garbage.
I'd also like to share the anti-lead Absol I used back in 4th gen.
To bad it's not gen 4. Leads can still work, but anti-leads have grown out of fashion.

Too bad it's not gen 4, huh? Leads can still be pulled off, but anti-leads aren't that great at all.

The annoyer set is something I still need to test, and I'm not 100% sure on it either, but I think it has potential. I don't see it as much of a tank with that set, but more of a support Pokemon. As for that 4th gen set, I think it could still be used as a revenge killer, assuming the sash is still intact.

Someone in this thread mentioned Scarf Smeargle. I've been using a bit, and I gotta say, I absolutely LOVE it. Regular Smeargle cripples one Pokemon (sleep) and sets up hazards or baton passes, which is fine, except this set can cripple TWO Pokemon. Not gonna continue as it probably has been said by OP, I am just here to state that it's been working well for me.

Here's the variation I use (although I think the OP had it pretty much like this or a move in difference).

Smeargle@Choice Scarf
Timid (0Atk IVs just for the sake of reducing a foe's Foul Play damage)
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Dark Void
Switcheroo
Parting Shot
Foul Play

Someone in this thread mentioned Scarf Smeargle. I've been using a bit, and I gotta say, I absolutely LOVE it. Regular Smeargle cripples one Pokemon (sleep) and sets up hazards or baton passes, which is fine, except this set can cripple TWO Pokemon. Not gonna continue as it probably has been said by OP, I am just here to state that it's been working well for me.

Here's the variation I use (although I think the OP had it pretty much like this or a move in difference).

Smeargle@Choice Scarf
Timid (0Atk IVs just for the sake of reducing a foe's Foul Play damage)
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Dark Void
Switcheroo
Parting Shot
Foul Play
I know, right?

I don't know what people think when I send in a Smeargle after their Mega Pinsir kills something, but I wish I could see the look on their faces when that Smeargle outspeeds and revenges with Foul Play. I love Smeargle but suicide hazard setter is boring and I'd rather use Scolipede or Ninjask for Baton Pass, Scarf set is so good and nobody expects it.

At first this set seems like a shitty gimmick but I assure you it isn't.

Golem
Item: Weakness Policy
Move 1: Rock polish
Move 2: Rock blast/sucker punch
Move 3: Earthquake/sucker punch
Move 4: Flail/sucker punch
EVs:252atk/252spe
jolly nature

This Golem set is designed to be hit by a super effective move, get down to sturdy, use rock polish and have its weakness policy activate on the same turn. Then it will sweep. It needs rapid spin support to be used effectively and if you aren't running sucker punch (which you really should) then get rid of any priority users or scarfers on your opponents team. It doesn't always have to sweep as it can still surprise pokemon like Aegislash since they expect to outspeed. Rock polish is the crux of this set. Rock blast is there to break through subs, sturdy, focus sash and for pokemon that are 4x weak to it. Earthquake is Golem's strongest STAB move and has amazing coverage. Flail is there because it is extremely powerful at 1hp and destroys anything that doesn't resist it. Unfortunately, Golem can only have 4 moves so you have to get rid of something for sucker punch. Sucker Punch is a must on this set as it beats priority users and scarfers and the set would be a gimmick if you had to get rid of those before sweeping.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nothing creative whatsoever with the move set, but suggesting a different item + EV Spread for Volcarona.

Volcarona @ Coba Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
EVs: 108 Def, 232 SAtk, 168 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Rock

Some Calcs vs Talonflame

• 252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 262-310 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252 Atk Sky Plate Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 211-249 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 230-270 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ Atk Sky Plate Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 231-273 (74.2 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 251-296 (80.7 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 108 Def Coba Berry Volcarona: 288-340 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

• 232 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs. 48 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 360-428 (116.5 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Not to burst your bubnle but Talonflame is -ALWAYS- adamamt..

Running Coba berry and def just for talonflame looks like a waste of an item tbh. Just get rid of Talonflame before trying to sweep with Volc, it cant win against it.

So this isn't exactly a ground breaking set, as it's a very common set with ONE major alteration. Here.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Speed
- EQ
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Okay, so obviously I'm running Stone Edge instead of Ice Fang or Sub. Why? This set damn near perfectly walls both Pinsir AND Talonflame. Here's some calcs.

Pinsir
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 160-190 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 236-280 (86.7 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Talonflame
252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 138-163 (38.9 - 46%) -- 75% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 364-432 (122.1 - 144.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is really just an argument for Stone Edge on Gliscor rather than Ice Fang or sub, because he gets the ability to wall two scary mons, as well

Okay, so obviously I'm running Stone Edge instead of Ice Fang or Sub. Why? This set damn near perfectly walls both Pinsir AND Talonflame.

Pinsir
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 160-190 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 236-280 (86.7 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Actually, to call Gliscor a counter to Mega Pinsir would be a huge stretch, even with Stone Edge in your arsenal. If you switch directly into a Return, you will lose 1vs1 most of the time because of the minuscule chance for Stone Edge to OHKO Mega Pinsir (made even smaller by Stone Edge's 20% 80% accuracy). If you switch in as they Swords Dance, you're still at as a disadvantage as they are more likely to OHKO you than you could OHKO them. The only chance you have to reliably beat them 1vs1 is if you switch in on a Quick Attack or Earthquake, but that's highly situational, and Mega Pinsir is most likely going to be spamming Return anyway. As for Talonflame, you can beat it 1vs1 fine already by Toxic stalling it - recoil plus poison damage quickly seals its fate.

In short - Stone Edge seems like a decent option on paper, but in reality it gain more utility from other moves like Substitute.

Actually, to call Gliscor a counter to Mega Pinsir would be a huge stretch, even with Stone Edge in your arsenal. If you switch directly into a Return, you will lose 1vs1 most of the time because of the minuscule chance for Stone Edge to OHKO Mega Pinsir (made even smaller by Stone Edge's 20% 80% accuracy). If you switch in as they Swords Dance, you're still at as a disadvantage as they are more likely to OHKO you than you could OHKO them. The only chance you have to reliably beat them 1vs1 is if you switch in on a Quick Attack or Earthquake, but that's highly situational, and Mega Pinsir is most likely going to be spamming Return anyway. As for Talonflame, you can beat it 1vs1 fine already by Toxic stalling it - recoil plus poison damage quickly seals its fate.

In short - Stone Edge seems like a decent option on paper, but in reality it gain more utility from other moves like Substitute.
Here's a thing though, Glisgor gets walled hard by Steel types that have a Balloon if he doesn't have an attack other than EQ. I'm saying that Stone Edge is better than other second attack alternatives, not the sub sets. Stone Edge gives you the option to hard counter TFlame a lot quicker while also dealing well with Steels like Excadrill who would otherwise force you to switch, imo making it better than Ice Fang, which now only helps you vs. the now less common dragons (most of whom you can Stall anyways) and other Gliscor (who can out stall you if he has the Sub set, so it's very niche).

EDIT: Thinking about it, this probably belongs in the 'Old Mon General Discussion' Thread. I'll move it there.

I made a post on this in the underrated sets a long time ago. Gyarados paired with Ferrothorn makes a great Defensive core with Gyarados serving as a mixed wall with assault vest + intimidate. This is the set i run on my absolute hands down best wifi team

With Intimidate, Max HP, half on def and rest on attack with an adamant nature + assault vest this Gyarados essentially checks most of the offensive Meta

EV spread:252 HP, 150 Def, Rest Attack
Nature:Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Item:Assault Vest
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Dragontail

Pokemon that this set counters include: Talonflame, Greninja, Aegislash (three most used pokes right there), Mega Lucario, Charizard X and Charizard Y, Garchomp, Dragonite, Infernape, Scizor, Mega Alakazam, Conkeldurr, Gengar......eh should i keep going?

This is all due to my experience. I've countered all these pokemon flawlessly with this set. Paired with Ferrothorn and Leech Seed support the core has been damn near unbreakable defensively

With that said, because this Gyarados can counter so many threats its important to pick out the one which is the biggest threat to your team so it wont be worn down to much. And make sure Ferrothorn passes leech seed to it as much as possible. Based on my experience this Gyarados tends to counter at least two pokes per battle which is more than enough for your team to counter attack

Last edited:
Talonflame @ Salac Berry
Gale Wings
Adamant 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Acrobatics / Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Natural Gift
-Swords Dance / U-Turn / Roost / Tailwind / Will-O-Wisp / Thief

I designed this set to take down or do severe damage to most of Talonflame's usual checks and counters. Salac Berry Natural Gift hit both standard Heatran and Tyranitar hard.

252+ Atk Salac Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 324-384 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Salac Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 644-760 (159.4 - 188.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Salac Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 168-198 (43.5 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Salac Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 332-392 (86 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

If Tyranitar switches in to tank the Brave Bird, Acrobatics, or Flare Blitz, Salac Berry Natural Gift has a high chance of finishing it off. In fact, if Tyranitar has taken any prior damage, Natural Gift will surely KO as it even has 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. Heatran on the other hand will take roughly 50% from the blow, which is a good chunk considering it relies on Lefties for recovery, not to mention the standard Specially Defensive Heatran doesn't usually carry a way to heavily damage Talonflame in return.

4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 73-87 (24.5 - 29.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO

The last slot is really whatever you need it to be, but U-turn and Swords Dance are the best options in my opinion. U-turn is good since this set doesn't have a way to deal with Talonflame's other biggest counter, Rotom-W and gives you the opportunity to damage it while switching out to something that can deal with it simultaneously. Roost can be used if you feel like you need recovery for whatever reason (like healing off Stealth Rock damage) while Tailwind and Will-O-Wisp can be used to support the team. I added on Thief as the last slash since I feel like it'd be an interesting option similar to Knock Off and Trick. Many Pokemon (if not all) like having their items intact, like Choice Band, Leftovers, Life Orb, Sitrus Berry, and Lum Berry. Being able to steal those items away and use them yourself is pretty powerful, imo (if running Thief, I'd suggest Brave Bird over Acrobatics).

Of course the EVs aren't perfect. You could easily run a 194 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spe spread like the standard Swords Dance set if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)