Cresselia OU (Burn The Moon, Burn Them All)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this set is what will push cresselia into OU ight lets see whats people think of her!

Topic Title: Cresselia (Burn The Moon, Burn Them All) [Psycho Shift]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cresselia

[Set]
Name: Burn the Moon, Burn Them All
Move 1: Psycho Shift
Move 2: Moonlight
Move 3: Psychic
Move 4: Ice Beam
Item: Flame Orb
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Hp /128 Def / 128 Sp Def
Ivs: 31 in Hp and Both Def, a 31 Sp Atk wouldnt hurt the higher the better

Why this set deserves to be on the site

- With such high hp and defences Cresselia can easily take hits from many OU pokemon most of witch are physical attackers and then can easliy burn them severely cutting down on their killing power.
- Burning with Psycho Shift is far more accurate than useing will-o-wisp
- Being in a constant state of burn cresselia can never be hit with toxic which is her worst fear.
- Can help deal with Swords Dance and Choice Band users making the later almost useless.
- Even without Evs in Sp Def will still take a special hit so you can put Evs into Sp Atk so it can kill common threats
- Immune to Earthquake so can switch in to Mamoswine, Hippowdown, Eletrive, Flygon, Swampert on an earthquake ending the turn that activates the orb and later burning them.

Whats most important is to know What attacks she can take since walling is first priorty for her ill be useing a Positive Nature and max Evs in Atk or Sp Atk and with a Choice Item on useing some of their most damageing attacks the Attacker has to show to see cresselia's walling capabilities.
Please Realize This Is The worst Case Senario
Defending Damage Calc
Areodactyl Stone Edge = (36.5-43.2%)
Gengar Shadow Ball = (63.5-74.8%)
Tyranitar Crunch = (69.4-82.4%)
Tyranitar [After Dragon Dance] Stone Edge = (64.9-76.6%)
Magnezone Thunder = (58.1-68.5%)
Lucario Dark Pulse = (43.3-55.9%)
Lucario Crunch = (40.5-47.7%)
Weavile Night Slash = (56.8-66.7%)
Scizor Bug Bite = (76.1-90.5%)
Machamp [Choice Band with Guts Activated] Payback = (84.7-100%)

Remember Cresselia does also have attacks once the opponent is burned and cresselia has no worries of being Koed she can begin to attack here are some of the damage calulations to to see who she can threaten.
Attacking Damage Calc
Neutral Nature To Sp Def Evs (Hp/Sp Def)
Ice Beam vs Dragonite (0/0) = 87.9-104% (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
Ice Beam vs Dragonite (252/252) = 52.8-62.2% (Always 2HKO)
Ice Beam vs Gliscor (0/0) = 110-130.6% (Always OHKO)
Ice Beam vs Gliscor (252/0) = 90.4-107.3% (Always OHKO with Stealth Rock)
Ice Beam vs Flygon (0/0) = 101-119.6% (Always OHKO)
Psychic vs Gengar (0/0) = 87.4-103.4 % (Possible OHKO)
Psychic vs Roserade (0/0) = 64.9-77.9% (Always 2HKO)
Psychic vs Infernape (0/0) = 90.8-107.2% (Always OHKO with Stealth Rock)
Psychic vs Breloom (0/0) = 102.3- 121.2% (Always OHKO)
Psychic vs Machamp (0/0) = 62.4-76.6% (Always 2HKO)

Team Options
Cresselia is a nice addition to a frail team who can use a nice wall to cover a few glass cannons but there are a few pokemon who she just really pairs well with. Magnezone work well since he has a screaming 4x to ground cresselia can switch in to evade a deadly earthquake and at the end of the turn the flame orb will go off can you can burn all your troubles away. Scizor and Heatran can cover her bug and dark weakness while scizor can swords dance with more ease if the opponet is burned and heatran again has the 4x to ground that cresselia can help back and cover for him. Also if someone sets up sunny day cresselia can gain more hp back from moonlight and stay in the fray alot longger. Blissy can also help is you opponet brings out a Sp Atk-er that doesnt really care about the burn and can deal with their attacks as well as cover her ghost weakness.

Counters
The main problem you might encounter is burning heracross, or anyother guts pokemon that you will be doing the favor of saving them a turn of waiting for their orb to go off. Aside from that you need to watch out for her usual counters like Tyranitar's and Hippowdon's sand stream that will hurt your moonlight and things like that.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You know, I'd get into a ramble of why Cresselia isn't OU and why it isn't anytime soon, but I like Cresselia and I'm just gonna highlight a few points here.

First of all, there has already been a Flame Orb set posted in Cresselia's AC and that didn't get Cresselia into OU, now did it? Common sensibly, no smart player is gonna switch their Physical attackers into a burned Cresselia, and even if Cresselia manages to burn a few, the player can use Psycho Shift to their advantage and switch in Heatran, Infernape, or an already burned Pokemon, and Cress gets what done in the process? She chips health off the bat (sandstorm and burn and Steath Rock), and she will have done nothing that turn. In fact, Cresselia needs constant recovery to stay alive longer. * Cresselia would rather take four turns of Toxic damage instead of two turns of Burn.*

This also does nothing to Foretress, Starmie, especially Heatran, or Skarmory in the long run. Four of which are actually quite common today.*

You seem to know what you're doing here, with all the calcs and reasoning and all. But unless this can make an impact on the metagame, I'm sticking to the original Cresselia sets. Except Calm Mind, of course. :(

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Old, old set. And it's about as bad as it is old.

This is already mentioned in Optional Changes, and that's about as much mention as it's going to get.

QC REJECTED (1/3)

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Old, old set. And it's about as bad as it is old.

This is already mentioned in Optional Changes, and that's about as much mention as it's going to get.

QC REJECTED (1/3)
QC REJECTED (2/3)

Other options is good enough and the only person ive ever seen use this set well is MTI

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really appreciate the major effort that you have put into the writing and proposal of this set, but an OC mention is all that it needs to have, IMO. We had this set on the site a few months ago, but we removed it (similar to how we did with Latias's Psycho Shift set, for your information).

Like I said, I really appreciate the enthusiasm that you have shown by opening this thread, and I encourage you to try again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)