SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

I missed Magearna, so I updated the list to include it (It got 17 new moves from TM/TR, almost twice as many new moves than any other Pokémon): https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-isle-of-armor-additions.3656151/post-8507190

I also set aside Pokémon who only got a new move (all Swift) in their Mega form from the old Home dump.
Magearna also got Rollout and Zap Cannon! And both Midday and Dusk Form Lycanroc got Sucker Punch, something that only Midnight Form knew through an event

It’s unfair that Serperior could only get Endure as a new move, a move that almost any Pokémon can learn. Where’s the Mystical Fire? Where’s the Weather Ball? Where’s the Earth Power or anything that can hit Steel-Types? The only Special move Serperior gets that isn’t Grass-type and has a base power of at least 70 is Dragon Pulse, which can’t hit Steel-types hard. Will Game Freak finally learn their lesson and give Serperior proper coverage or will Serperior be doomed to always be hardwalled by Steel-types and be used much less?

It’s unfair that Serperior could only get Endure as a new move, a move that almost any Pokémon can learn. Where’s the Mystical Fire? Where’s the Weather Ball? Where’s the Earth Power or anything that can hit Steel-Types? The only Special move Serperior gets that isn’t Grass-type and has a base power of at least 70 is Dragon Pulse, which can’t hit Steel-types hard. Will Game Freak finally learn their lesson and give Serperior proper coverage or will Serperior be doomed to always be hardwalled by Steel-types and be used much less?
WEll on the brightside serperior doesn't seem to be on the docket for Crown Tundra so it has at least a year to get something before showing up!

But what if *gasp* it's the opposite, and actually want to make sure there's a couple types that wall it rather than letting free +2 off 113 speed snowball out of control?

If they actually wanted to make it stronger, all they need is give it Draco Meteor, Overheat, or similar spells on top of Leaf Storm.

Since they haven't, it's clear their intention is to keep its power level where it is.

WEll on the brightside serperior doesn't seem to be on the docket for Crown Tundra so it has at least a year to get something before showing up!
We can only hope. I hope that the Diamond and Pearl remakes get released with decent Move Tutors with former TM/HM/Tutor moves like Knock Off and Defog and some new moves that were never released as TMs or Move Tutors like Court Change and Zing Zap.

But what if *gasp* it's the opposite, and actually want to make sure there's a couple types that wall it rather than letting free +2 off 113 speed snowball out of control?

If they actually wanted to make it stronger, all they need is give it Draco Meteor, Overheat, or similar spells on top of Leaf Storm.

Since they haven't, it's clear their intention is to keep its power level where it is.
Well they removed Hidden Power so it's pretty heavily nerfed. Getting Mystical Fire might have been a fair compromise lol.

Well they removed Hidden Power so it's pretty heavily nerfed. Getting Mystical Fire might have been a fair compromise lol.
I don't think a Grass-type will ever get Mystical Fire LOL. But moves I can see Serperior getting are Weather Ball, Breaking Swipe, Solar Blade, Power Whip and Hurricane

Gourgeist gets it. But yeah, I see no reason for Grass types to ever get it unless they're part Ghost or Psychic. Or Fire, of course.
I think Serperior might get Terrain Pulse, but otherwise I agree.
Gourgeist learns it for the same reason it learns Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flame Charge, and Incinerate. It's a jack-o-lantern. Jack-o-lanterns often have lit candles (i.e. fire) inside them so they glow.

Serperior really just needs Superpower. Its a snake that constricts.
That would be nice. I don't think it would even be the strangest pokémon to get the move.

Also, I don't understand why Serperior can't learn Earthquake, while other snake pokémon like Arbok and Seviper can.

And if Serperior returned, I wish it would get Earth Power as well, just like how Venusaur got it this gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)