SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

Why is Baton Pass still banned though, I’m legitimately curious. I don’t even know if the main culprits are even in the Galar Dex. Certainly Extreme Evoboost Eevee isn’t. Scolipede isn’t. Blaziken isn’t. Magearna and Necrozma aren’t. So.....???
You got me curious. Here are our potential Baton Passers, along with what they can pass.
Butterfree: Quiver Dance, Iron Defense
Clefable: Belly Drum, Calm Mind, Work Up, Charge Beam, Curse, Cosmic Power, Amnesia
Rapidash: Swords Dance, Curse, Agility, Flame Charge
Rapidash-G: Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Agility
Farfetch'd: Swords Dance, Agility, Work Up
Mr. Mime: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Curse, Charge Beam, Iron Defense
Mr. Mime-G: Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Rapid Spin, Iron Defense
Vaporeon: Work Up, Curse, Acid Armor
Jolteon: Charge Beam, Work Up, Curse, Agility
Flareon: Work Up, Curse, Flame Charge
Mew: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Dragon Dance, Work Up, Curse, Hone Claws, Flame Charge, Charge Beam, Power-Up Punch, Agility, Iron Defense, Amnesia, Cosmic Power
Xatu: Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Curse
Bellossom: Ingrain, Quiver Dance, Swords Dance, Growth
Espeon: Calm Mind, Work Up, Curse
Umbreon: Work Up, Curse
Delibird: Power-Up Punch, Curse, Agility, Rapid Spin
Celebi: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Swords Dance, Curse, Defense Curl
Ninjask: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Agility, Speed Boost, Harden
Shedinja: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Agility, Harden
Mawile: Swords Dance, Power-Up Punch, Charge Beam, Iron Defense, Stockpile
Lunatone: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Rock Polish, Cosmic Power
Solrock: Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Rock Polish, Iron Defense, Cosmic Power
Jirachi: Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Power-Up Punch, Meteor Mash, Amnesia, Iron Defense, Cosmic Power
Drifblim: Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Amnesia, Stockpile
Toxicroak: Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Power-Up Punch, Work Up
Togekiss: Nasty Plot, Work Up, Curse, Amnesia
Leafeon: Swords Dance, Work Up, Curse
Glaceon: Work Up, Curse
Liepard: Nasty Plot, Hone Claws
Swoobat: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Amnesia
Accelgor: Curse, Agility, Acid Armor
Durant: Hone Claws, Agility, Iron Defense
Malamar: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Superpower, Accupressure
Sylveon: Calm Mind, Work Up, Curse
Hawlucha: Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Hone Claws, Power-Up Punch, Agility, Work Up
Decidueye: Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Work Up
Ribombee: Quiver Dance
Pyukumuku: Curse, Harden
Cinderace: Bulk Up, Work Up, Agility, Flame Charge
Inteleon: Swords Dance, Work Up
Orbeetle: Calm Mind, Agility, Iron Defense
Thievul: Nasty Plot, Hone Claws, Agility
Dubwool: Swords Dance, Agility, Cotton Guard
Polteageist: Shell Smash, Nasty Plot,
Hatterene: Swords Dance, Calm Mind
Perrserker: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Work Up, Iron Defense
Mr. Rime: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Rapid Spin, Iron Defense
Indeedee-F: Calm Mind
Dragapult: Dragon Dance, Agility

One of the new Baton Passers this gen that Axe_Raider overlooked is Bellossom, which also has access to Ingrain to prevent phazing.

Even if stat passing is too powerful, I still wouldn't mind unbanning dry passing. That said, this doesn't seem like the appropriate thread to discuss bans and unbans, so it's probably best that we end this.

I think Evasion and Baton Pass aren't problematic in Singles. They're just (potentially) problematic in the 6v6 Singles meta that Smogon has created for itself. In 3v3, games are over pretty fast and your luck averages out over time. Granted they could still be problematic for tournaments, but uh, don't have single-elimination tournaments for Pokemon! Like, ever.

And while we're on the subject of Evasion counters, OHKO moves aren't affected by evasion or accuracy changes.

While inconsequential for singles, it's worth noting that High Horsepower's appearance as a TR is beneficial for doubles as many Ground-type Pokémon and those that need Ground coverage are no longer forced to hit their partners with Earthquake.
Higher BP than EQ in Doubles too.

Sticky Webs do NOT activate defiant or competitive anymore
Do you have proof that that's the case for normal Sticky Web? The video that was posted in the mechanics research thread used Court Change, so it could just be that you can't trigger Defiant/Competitive with your own hazards (which is no different than not being able to trigger it with your own stat drops from something like Superpower, or by using Memento on a teammate).

Not entirely sure it belongs here, and I'm not entirely sure that it's still unknown at this point, but along with the changes to the vitamins where they are able to EV pokemon past all the way to the cap, the EV cap for each stat has been reduced from 255 to 252, while the overall cap still is at 510
All testing was done on a level 100 Impish Milotic with 15/7/31/31/31/31 IVS
First trial, I was unable to give Milotic any more than 26 vitamins of any individual stat, and when using the games EV checker the two stats that I had fed vitamins (Sp.def and speed) were displayed with sparkles. This means that the stat cap for EVs is somewhere between 251 and 260, and when checking my values with the teambuilder on showdown, my Milotic had 349 spdef and 261 speed which is the same fully maxed value as previous games. I was also able to feed one additional vitamin into a new stat (sp.atk) and it raised the milotic's spatk to 213, the value for 4 EVs of investment. At this point, that means either the EV cap has been reduced from 255 to 252, or using vitamins automatically prevents you from going over the practical amount of 252.
The next trial, I gave Milotic 25 vitamins in spdef and speed, and then gave it 1 spatk vitamin. I was unable to give Milotic 2 calcium, and was unable to give it a 26th spdef or speed vitamin after giving it the calcium. I was also unable to give milotic wings in order to raise any stats any further. The real values for the stats were 214 spatk, 348 spdef, and 260 speed; these are equal to the expected values for 8 spatk, 248-251 spdef, and 248-251 speed. This test, combined with the first allows me to conclude that the total EV cap has not changed from 510- this vitamin spread means that Milotic had exactly 510 EVs and was unable to gain any more.
The next test performed was once again giving Milotic 26 vitamins in Spdef and speed. After this I tried to manually gain EVs through battles- Milotic beat 3 gossifleur and 3 rookidee, but was still able to use a calcium, meaning that it did not gain any EVs from the pokemon it defeated.
The conclusion that I am coming to from these tests are that the maximum EVs for every stat has been reduced to 252 from 255, so there is no more chance of having 3 dead EVs on stats.

Not entirely sure it belongs here, and I'm not entirely sure that it's still unknown at this point, but along with the changes to the vitamins where they are able to EV pokemon past all the way to the cap, the EV cap for each stat has been reduced from 255 to 252, while the overall cap still is at 510
Hasn't the cap on Effort Values been at 252 since XY, though?
I thought the only recent change was being able to use vitamins to reach the cap now.

Hasn't the cap on Effort Values been at 252 since XY, though?
I thought the only recent change was being able to use vitamins to reach the cap now.
If it has, then I didn't know- My only reference was the EV training section of the mechanics page on Serebii, Bulbpedia, and then all the random crappy news sites that all still list 255 and the divisibility by 4 problem, so I assumed it was a new QoL change with SwSh

Yeah, it's been capped at 252 since XY. You can see this when you leave something in Isle Evelup in gen 7, and it says you can't go higher than 252.

New Changes to Moves and Abilities and Items

Rapid Spin - 50 BP, now grants +1 Speed
Multi-Attack - 120 BP
Howl - Now Buffs Allies in doubles (Can someone test?)
All Weight Based moves fail against Dynamax/Gigantamax Pokemon (Heavy Slam etc)
King's Shield also now only reduces Attack by 1 instead of 2.

Inner Focus - Prevents Intimidate, normal stat changes still apply
Own Tempo - Prevents Intimidate, normal stat changes still apply

Koffing also has access to Neutralizing Gas and Stench

Pinch Berries now only head 33% (Down from 50%)
Are you sure this is the full list of changes? Doesn't each generation usually come with a lot more random changes to base powers, accuracies, additional effects, or PPs?

Are you sure this is the full list of changes? Doesn't each generation usually come with a lot more random changes to base powers, accuracies, additional effects, or PPs?
Defog now removes Terrain

Disguise now deals 1/8th of Mimikyu's HP when it pops
Moody doesn't raise Evasion or Accuracy
Oblivious & Scrappy also block Intimidate
Rattled now also activates if hit by Intimidate

For out of battle uses Flash Fire (Fire), Harvest (Grass), Lightning Rod (Electric), & Storm Drain (Water) now boost the chance of finding those types of pokemon. Infiltrator reduces the encounter rate. Super Luck increases chance of wild pokemon holding items. Synchronize is now a 100% chance of the nature matching the user.

The Terrains now boost by damage of their respective types by 30% instead of 50%

I feel like the original intent of the Let's Go bonus Pikachu & eevee was for them to be partner pikachu/eevee. Like instead of "just" a Pikachu/Eevee that can't evolve it would be the "Partner" variants with higher base stats and access to the exclusive partner moves. So the partner moves got rebalanced in prep for that, but then decided against it.

I feel like the original intent of the Let's Go bonus Pikachu & eevee was for them to be partner pikachu/eevee. Like instead of "just" a Pikachu/Eevee that can't evolve it would be the "Partner" variants with higher base stats and access to the exclusive partner moves. So the partner moves got rebalanced in prep for that, but then decided against it.
Ooh, well thats a little sad

I can see why, given that Light Ball Partner Pikachu would possibly be competitive with Zekrom as an offensive Electric type.

Then again, it's the series mascot -- would it really be that bad?

I can see why, given that Light Ball Partner Pikachu would possibly be competitive with Zekrom as an offensive Electric type.

Then again, it's the series mascot -- would it really be that bad?
I see nothing wrong with letting Partner Pikachu have a strong beatstick niche. Got nuts, I say! Let me see the crazy light orb partner pikachu be hitting with the big leagues

Though if it was an actual issue they'd worry about I could see Light Orb arbitrarily not work on it, or nerfing the stats a little (120 speed with light ball would be pretty crazy) or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)