Cshad's art thread - New thing(s)!!!!

This is gonna be my art thread for a while. I don't do fusions, or edits, or recolors. Ive been doing customs for the past two years or so, and its pretty much going to stay that way.

Some new-ish stuff I made about a week ago.
The first row is a sprite of Skarmory in the GSC style
The 4 boxes are mockups I made in the GBC pokemon-ish style of EB0 (if you don't know what it is: http://starmen.net/mother1/)
The 3rd row is a Duskull and Rotom sprite, then a smaller Rotom/Cleffa sprite.
The very last one was something I made up only wanting to use red black and white shades. Its a character of mine (though not always in that form).

This is not all of my work mind you, just some things I did recently:

This is something I'm still working on, and is still a wip.

And yes, I am aware that this (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26672) thread exists, but I assumed I could post here based off of the quote from the maker of the thread that:
Yes. We decided that there were too many spriting threads open at one time. It would be beneficial to this forum to make one superthread, where anyone can request a fusion/recolor/whatever, and then any artist can respond.
And seeing as how I am not doing fusions/recolors/requests I thought it would be ok for me to post this. Lock the thread if you feel I am wrong/misunderstood something.

So it's been over a year, and you guys now get an update. Woo-hoo.

This is my avatar in an attempt to do the HG/SS trainer battle sprites. I did this just today.

Most recent Earthbound Zero (other wise known as Mother) remake attempt. Much better than the last thats for sure, but I haven't worked on this in a while either.

Some mother Enemies in an NES style I did for fun. If you wish to know who's who, I suggest checking here;
http://walkthrough.starmen.net/earthbound0/
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/48890.htm

This description is copy/pasted from the pixeljoint upload I did because it explains what everything is and it would take me a long time to type it all out >:
"Well, holy crap. A lot of this stuff is older than the last batch iirc. But, more than likely, I'm wrong :p
The first one with megaman and the clouds in the background was for a mockup challenge at Pixelation, I however, never submitted this to the challenge. I never finished it either. It was supposed to be a junkyard esque wasteland, but I gave up, because I couldn't think of a way to fill the empty space. I wasn't smart enough at the time to possibly think that an HUD and some and a mountain or two couldnt fill it all up :P.
The second one going across and the one rigth beneath it were both gifts to Lan and Dex/Adam when Dex still had his forum up and about. Rewinding and going down from the Megaman Mockup for a moment, you'll see my first version of Elegy (never finished it, but am still working on it, got some more recent sprites lying around. He made an appearance in my last dump as well), and a Sonic Advance styled sprite of Chaos right beneath him. Continuing going down, you'll see a crappy sprite style of a bunch of NES characters, oh your unrelenting joy! Right beneath that was the Boogie Man (the most recent try) I designed. Still toying with his design, but overall I like that style I used, nice and blocky.
To the side you'll see Giegue and Ninten from Earthbound 0 (A.K.A Mother). Never got around to finishing these, but I posted them at pixelation about a year ago. Going to the right, you'll see the a pale colored Elegy and an interesting enemy that I need to revisit that I made. Going down, another Elegy sprite and in an experimental sprite. Next to all of this you'll see a very long sheet for an old project that I was making for Pixeltendo. It was meant to be a game for the website (with an actual plot, surprise, surprise) that I'm thinking of revisiting since I've got some screwed up stuff that I would love to sprite. Below that is another sprite of Elegy, and next to him Registeel.

Thanks for reading."
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/48898.htm

Yet again, description copy/pasted:
"Dear God some of this stuff is from almost two years ago. So, to begin, the first one is Skarmory in GSC style (colors are from the game). Just wanted to try the style out so I made him a new pose. The rotom and cleffa was me expirementing with a pokemo style jarjar made. The next one was supposed to be a pokemon styled Dex for a gift. Swampert/Latias in GSC style, and finally, a character I was just toying with.

The enxt 3 were pokemon styled Eb0 mockups (pallete was from pokemon yellow) that I screwed up due to not tiling it correctly and not wanting to do it over again. The last one on that row is a sprite sheet I was making out of boredom, a character from paper mario, I cant remember the name >:

Ptoing made a red, black, and white old man for the old challenge a while back, and I wanted to toy with using a red, white, and black pallete. The thing below it is a secret santa gift I made last year for Domobot. I pimped out his design (literally), and then made normal him next to it. The next thing over was just a night scene with funny buildings I wanted to doodle. I really wanna remake that one. The mage is a partner from kirby super star that I was making before the remake came out.

The last row was an unfinished mock up, the Starman in disquise from Eb0, and a watch thing."
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/47157.htm

Rotom and Duskull : D

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/47156.htm

Incredibly small update, but if you expect me to post here more frequently that is exactly what you will get :P
Just a simple Drifloon sprite. Gonna make Drifblim next.
EDIT: Made minor changes to the pallet.
EDIT2: Forgot to say thank you to the above posters, but, IH, it's not a devamp, it's all custom :X

This was another entry for Neil's give away. Lickilicky and Drifblim as well as there back sprites and the trainer sprites were made by me. The text, frames, etc, were taken from the official game to make it look more authentic.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any requests of the next few pokemon I should make?

That Drifloon's face doesn't look very RBYish. It's too.. white, and angular. It needs to be a bit less defined. Also the cloud appears to be slightly messed up.

I like the Drifblim. The white cross seems to contrast well with the black body and produces a pretty creepy effect. The grey line on the right side of the body needs to be brought around slightly to the left though, so the face is symmetrical. Apart from that minor detail I think you nailed it, along with Lickylicky.

Everything here is super cool, great work Cshadow!

That Drifloon's face doesn't look very RBYish. It's too.. white, and angular. It needs to be a bit less defined. Also the cloud appears to be slightly messed up.
I'm not going to dumb it down to make it look more "classic". The amount of detail and shading still resembles the classic look.

I like the Drifblim. The white cross seems to contrast well with the black body and produces a pretty creepy effect. The grey line on the right side of the body needs to be brought around slightly to the left though, so the face is symmetrical. Apart from that minor detail I think you nailed it, along with Lickylicky.

Everything here is super cool, great work Cshadow!
Thanks, I agree about the grey line. It does look a little off, I made this several days to a week ago and really don't have the motivation to make an edit to it. The next few things I post though will be edited to whatever critique I receive. Sorry about that :X Thanks again though

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
looks great dude, id love to see all your stuff in a real game
i love devamps in general and yours are pretty great, i dig the rby style backspites with the big pixels
the muted color palette you chose for the earthbound sprites is really neat too
really interesting stuff man

Extremely talented stuff you got going on here. I love the battle scenes. You should try a battle scene between a Lucario and Infernape. I would love to see the sprites you make for that battle. Keep up the good work.

Thanks you two, I appreciate it.

Update. Fixed Honckrow up bunches and added the Dragonite line. Who should I do next?

EDIT: @Wood: Well, the post is over a year old so : X

Excellent devamp work. It's nice to see Pocket Monsters actually resemble monsters.

I would like to see Skorupi and (especially) Drapion as your next work, but you seem to be contradicting your "I don't do requests" line in the OP!

That post is over a year old >:
But thanks : D

Holy shit. Skorupi/Drapion is hard. I tried making Drapion and ultimately failed at doing so. I'm going to attempt to sprite him again. I did however, remake Lickilicky. I like it a whole lot more now, and make a Lickitung to go with him.

C+C?
EDIT: Anyone have anything else they'd like to see? I'd like to sprite enough for a whole Pokedex If I can. Or at least 50.

Another update. Ditto/Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos. What do you guys think? Anyone else you want me to do? Drapion is still giving me troubles >:
EDIT: Edited a few things. Blastoise is only there for the colors of the next guy.

Another update. Ditto/Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos. What do you guys think? Anyone else you want me to do? Drapion is still giving me troubles >:
Fortunately enough, Amphy is also in my Top 5 Pokémon, so well done there.

Skorupi looks pretty good, and Lickilicky is hysterical.

Extremely small update. Just a redo of my current avatar. The original is still my avatar, while the new one is above these words. C+C?

It's been a while, no?

I hope this is ok to post here. Heavy WIP of an underwater esque level with crab like enemies, for an old challenge at pixeljoint. Pallete was pre chosen for the challenge, so I didn't have a say in whether or not I could use it. Still screwing around with the tiles.

EDIT:

ff, made a whoooole lotta edits. It should be looking good now.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I'm really amazed at your ability to take the newer pokemon and put them back into the RBY sprite form. I guess it's all about interpretation and being able to show it adequately, but you do it so very well. I'd love to see something like Infernape or Mismagius done in that style!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)