Custom 3D Animated Renders

If you had played the actual 3ds games you would see that typhlosion does have fire around its back when it attacks. I suppose people that only play on showdown just have to make do with this cheap attempt at nostalgia pandering to sprites
That is exactly the problem, it only shows up when he attacks, and that sucks.

That is exactly the problem, it only shows up when he attacks, and that sucks.
That is part of its cannon design and behavior whether you like it or not. Are you one of those that became angry when it was revealed that Venusaur moves like a frog? It is the same deal.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
That is part of its cannon design and behavior whether you like it or not. Are you one of those that became angry when it was revealed that Venusaur moves like a frog? It is the same deal.
I'd argue against this point. Every game before the 3D titles, Typhlosion (and his pre evos) has always been drawn showing his flames out at all times. This includes his Gen 5 animated sprite, and his animated world sprite in HGSS. Obviously I wouldn't necessarily say that if we ever saw one walking around in the Anime we would see his flames out as he casually wanders around or anything like that. But in all of the non-3D games, he's always had his flames out, and that's just a thing I really missed from his design in battle. Only seeing them for a split second during an attack in the 3D games (I'm aware he was like this in Stadium, Colosseum, and Battle Revolution too) just makes it seem like that part of his design is not as important or iconic as I felt is should've been in my opinion.

Last edited:
I definitely love all of these Custom Models; Especially Gallade, considering he's my favorite Pokemon of all, besides that pose just screams epicity. However, could you please re-render Normal Swampert please? Nowadays, he seems to just stand around there, without nothing else to do; I'm not asking for Mega-Swampert though, he already looks fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1540583756691.png
(Original. Couldn't find the animated sprite, sorry)

1540583845932.png
(DPP / HGSS sprite; Example of how re-rendered model should look like, to me)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe also opening it's mouth while inhaling / lifting it's head could work too, but that's left for you. Thanks!​

A few requests:

BEEDRILL

The drooping antennae makes Beedrill look kinda sad.

MEGA KANGASKHAN (normal form is shown for comparison)

The animation of mama Kangaskhan barely changes when she mega evolves. Maybe have her in a more battle-ready pose.

WOOPER

I am fairly sure from my extensive research of watching about a few seconds of one video that axolotls do not do this.

WOBBUFFET

It would be pretty cool to have Wobbuffet saluting like Jessie's:

MAWILE & MEGA MAWILE

More chomp, pls.

UNILEGITIS SUFFERERS

Kids, don't walk too close to a Mega Blaziken; you might get unilegitis!

PORYGON-Z (yes, I know it's in the 'will never do' section, but I have a decent argument (or at least better than mediocre))

It's not weird and glitchy enough. Its whole concept is being glitchy from the Dubious Disc, so yeah. Right now, it just kinda floats around.

AND NOW... THE POKEMON THAT ARE LITERALLY JUST STANDING THERE

A lot of these are probably justifiable.

I know it's a really old thread but.... I want to try it myself to make other 3D sprites.... It would be awesome if you would help me like: how I can adjust the camera in the correct angle or the lightsource.... and how I can scale the sprite down to the right size....
Thank you so much....

I'm not sure if you are allowed to ask for the sprites or not now but is there any chanse you could do something with emboar sprite? It's a bit boring that its just uuh standing there.

Attachments

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I kinda wish that there was an option to turn off the custom animations. I understand that a lot of people like them, but I personally don't, and judging by the ability to switch from models to sprites I don't think it would be too hard to implement.

You're doing god's work here, man. I've always been bothered by the models because some are posed so badly that the Pokemon hardly resembles what it should, and the washed-out colors don't help. I don't get why when it comes to models they aren't putting the same amount of effort into fun poses like they did with sprites, and its really nice to see you bring that back. Let's Go put some color back on them, and while I haven't played it it made me super happy. Unfortunately it looks like they're not going to be updating the colors or the models for the third gen in a row, which is really disappointing especially when I see what an improvement you've made. Anyway, I just wanted to say awesome job for fixing my biggest problem with modern Pokemon. If I could throw out some requests- some models that have always really bothered me in particular have been Weavile-

Why is it so short? What is that posture?
& Scizor

It looks so dead now and it makes me so sad. No spunk or energy left.

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
My apologies if this was asked before but seeing as to how Typhlosion was redone here, how well are the chances of Cyndaquil & Quilava following suit?

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Low. I haven't really been able to do much related to this project for years. Just been too busy with other things.

Low. I haven't really been able to do much related to this project for years. Just been too busy with other things.
I'm glad this thread is still around. You do great work, dude. It's insane that even now, heading into Sword and Shield, the games still haven't given the Pokémon more dynamic idle poses.

Disappointingly, since most people use Gen 5 or 4 sprites for fan-games, and that Pokémon games no are in HD, this thread will not be needed. I don't want it, you don't want it, but really, it's true. At least we can use what we have learned to continue to make these renders.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Disappointingly, since most people use Gen 5 or 4 sprites for fan-games, and that Pokémon games no are in HD, this thread will not be needed. I don't want it, you don't want it, but really, it's true. At least we can use what we have learned to continue to make these renders.
What the heck are you saying? This was already an accessory thread to begin with. If the OP were to pick this back up, it could easily be modified to match the upcoming SS style. It seems like all the new models in those games still use the same wimpy, static poses.

What the heck are you saying? This was already an accessory thread to begin with. If the OP were to pick this back up, it could easily be modified to match the upcoming SS style. It seems like all the new models in those games still use the same wimpy, static poses.
I'm just saying, that this thread can still be used, it just isn't needed. It could have been used back when we we're using Gen 6/7 sprites. Yes, we could upgrade, but at that point we're not doing as much fun creative things, just rendering 3D models. No need to be so aggressive about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)