Custom 3D Animated Renders

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Pikachu Cosplay #1 (Belle)
Normal:

Shiny:

1 down, 5 to go (including costumeless). I tried to replicate the animation from in game as accurately as I could.

When it comes time to do costumeless cosplay Pikachu, I'll probably also publish normal male and female forms along with it with the same animation for the sake of consistency.

^Maybe because the Raichu animation is good enough as it is already? No reason to fix what isn't broken, when there is so much bad stuff out there.
I don't really like the XY sprite though, it seems a bit derpy.
raichu.gif

Such a disappointment.

I like the idea of a more serious pose like the FR/LG sprite or something like Gallade's new pose. Seriously, look at these fuckers. They look ready to kick your ass to hell and back.
(Ignore this, I was just salty. Raichu looks fine)
FrLg raichu.png
Gallade.gif

Also, I think Mega Scizor looks like he just doesn't give a fuck. Not much of an improvement from base Scizor, if you ask me. Let's fix that, I want to see Mega Scizor in a more dynamic pose than just... standing there.
scizor-mega.gif

'sup.

And one more request: could you fix the Mega Steelix sprite so it doesn't look as choppy? Just speed up or slow down the crystals, that should do.
steelix-mega.gif

WHAT ARE THOOOOOOSE?!?
Normal:

Shiny:

1 down, 5 to go (including costumeless). I tried to replicate the animation from in game as accurately as I could.

When it comes time to do costumeless cosplay Pikachu, I'll probably also publish normal male and female forms along with it with the same animation for the sake of consistency.
Love this animation by the way, but there's one problem: you can't get a Shiny Cosplay Pikachu in-game.
(Ignore this too)

Last edited:

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
._. I wish you looked at the OP more closely before posting. Technically I already had Raichu blacklisted a long time ago. In my opinion, I think it's fine. Nothing is wrong with it and it isn't worth my time. And I am also fully aware of the fact that cosplay Pikachu cannot be obtained in shiny form legitimately, but the game files had a shiny texture there, so I used it just in case it got released as an event or whatever.

I might do Mega Scizor and Mega Steelix, but no promises.

Can you please make the Meganium modle look like the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum sprite because it looks so happy in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
Pokken Roster.png

Thank you in advance :)

I just had an idea- I find that the Queen and King of Nido's sprites are not very pleasing. Could you please do Nidoqueen like this:

?
Thanks.

I think you have the right idea making it more gentle, but I think the angle of the front view makes the tail look like it's going back-and-forth. So I like the old one better (it feels more organic). For the new one you should maybe tweak the camera angle or offset the tail rotation a bit. Also, your silhouette isn't as clear compared to the official one. It looks quite cluttery at first glance though I admit the official one isn't that clear either >_>

(yours)
(original)

I guess it's mostly to do with how you place the tail in relation to the body. Other than that, it looks good!
If you have time, maybe check out this post here: http://theartcenter.blogspot.com/2010/02/importance-of-good-silhouette.html

Some pokemon, like Unown, Xerneas, Yveltal, are based off silhouettes, to show how important they are!

Last edited:
I had to come back here after browsing the CAP animation area and seeing your new avatar! It's adorable!

Also cosplay Pikachu looks great.

If the OR/AS Lass is ever ripped, would you consider doing her? All I see when I encounter one is Britney Spears in "Baby One More Time", so making her dance would be so cute.

This is my first time using the Smogon Forums, so hello everyone. I do believe this is the right forum to post this in... though calling these sprites/renders 'pixel art' is a bit of a stretch. :P

For the past few months, someone on The VG Source, who goes by "Random Talking Bush", has been leading the Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project. They've ripped 45.4% of Pokémon from X/Y/OR/AS so far as of October 12th, 2015, and more to come. I looked into the project and experimented with the models. In a nutshell, while I was experimenting, I wondered if I could replicate the look of the Pokémon almost exactly how they look in-game, and possibly make custom animations for the X/Y sprites we use on Pokémon Showdown.

So I tried that, and these are the results I've been having so far:

==

I did this first with my personal favorite Pokémon, Leafeon.
Original
--->New

Original
--->New

And I did Fennekin next as requested from a friend.
Original
--->New

Original
--->New

New sprites animated in Blender--Rendered using Blender Render.

==

Archive:

Current Requests (Some of which are my own):
Will for sure do sometime in the future:
  • Salamence
  • Flareon
  • Jolteon
  • Espeon
  • Glaceon
  • Pikachu (All Cosplay Costumes)
Maybe will do:
  • Skarmory
  • Xatu
  • Charizard-Mega-X (Currently having problems getting the fire to look right)
  • Pidgey
  • Suicune
  • Blaziken-Mega (Currently having problems getting the fire to look right)
  • Keldeo/Keldeo-Resolute
  • Sylveon
  • Salamence-Mega
  • Machamp
  • Marowak
  • Sceptile-Mega
  • Mienshao
  • Rapidash (Currently having problems getting the fire to look right)
  • Haxorus
  • Ninetales
  • Furret
  • Vivillon
  • Scizor-Mega
  • Steelix-Mega
Will never do (These may change if something about the Pokemon changes, such as a new ability or new promotional art, or if someone provides me with a very convincing argument that their poses can be revised to better fit the Pokemon):
  • Porygon
  • Porygon2
  • Porygon-Z
  • Tropius
  • Lucario/Lucario-Mega
  • Slaking
  • Dedenne
  • Landorus-T
  • Ekans
  • Raichu
  • Scrafty
  • Lati@s-Mega
  • Torterra
  • Yanmega
  • Reshiram
  • Hariyama
  • Electabuzz
  • Ambipom
  • Ludicolo
  • Medicham
  • Greninja
  • Charizard/Charizard-Mega-Y
  • Beedrill-Mega
  • Raticate

Yes, my computer was acting funny. Anyways if it's possible I'd love it if could make a more aggressive sprite for charizard and it's Mega Evolution Y. Maybe a more flared flame on tail, and movement. It'd be awesome :)

Yes, my computer was acting funny. Anyways if it's possible I'd love it if could make a more aggressive sprite for charizard and it's Mega Evolution Y. Maybe a more flared flame on tail, and movement. It'd be awesome :)
Hmm... did you check the Current Requests list?

Will never do (These may change if something about the Pokemon changes, such as a new ability or new promotional art, or if someone provides me with a very convincing argument that their poses can be revised to better fit the Pokemon):
Personally, I think that Charizard and Mega Charizard Y are okay as is, unless you want to request something more specific, like a grounded Charizard similar to this:

Now I'm not sure if DJTHED would be willing to accept this request, since (s)he is already full of requests and has still issues with flames, but keep in mind that (s)he mainly works on Pokemon with "boring" stances and awkward/unimpressive movements. Pokemon with already good (or at least decent) animations are simply not worth the time spent, which could be better used to improve Pokemon who really need a revamp.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
  • Porygon
  • Porygon2
  • Porygon-Z
  • Tropius
  • Lucario/Lucario-Mega
  • Slaking
  • Dedenne
  • Landorus-T
  • Ekans
  • Raichu
  • Scrafty
  • Lati@s-Mega
  • Torterra
  • Yanmega
  • Reshiram
  • Hariyama
  • Electabuzz
  • Ambipom
  • Ludicolo
  • Medicham
  • Greninja
  • Beedrill-Mega
  • Raticate
Not to mention how busy I've become lately I simply cba to work on anything unless it's something I really want to do and it's worth my time to do so.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Normal:

Shiny:

So fun fact: ORAS dex doesn't show the cosplay forms, so you are the last known hope

(no pressure really though, especially since this thing isn't in gen 7)

Oh, wow... It's been a while for this thread. I'd like to re-request Butterfree. I'd like to request it in a laying down flight position, like in this GIF. The game has it standing upright and it looks so weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)