Custom 3D Animated Renders

Ever since Gallade moved up to OU, he knew he had to get more serious...

Original
--->New

Original
--->New

Anyway, humanoids are hard for me to make look right for whatever reason, I apologize if the animation looks a bit simple. I'll more than likely work on making this better at a later date. I also can't seem to get the outline to work where the model creases (i.e. where his fin intersects with his head) properly within Blender, unfortunately.
As a Gallade fan, I 100% back combat Gallade replacing "hi guys what'd I miss" Gallade on PS!.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
These new poses are tooo good. can't wait to see more, the only downside it that the shading is to dark for some models and doesn't match the game's shading style.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Original
--->New

Original
--->New

And Shinies:

Let me know if there is something you want me to change/fix Layell.

EDIT:
I felt like the camera was set too high on Snorlax's back sprite; it made it seem smaller than it is, so I adjusted it slightly:
--->

--->

Last edited:
These are all absolutely amazing– your work is fantastic! Out of curiosity, how hard is it to edit in wing animations? I know there are a ton of flying/non-flying pokemon that got screwed over in the model department simply because they had to "fly" for sky battles (Tropius, Skarmory, Xatu, Charizard X, etc.). It'd be cool to see them in more natural poses compared to the ones they have now. Of course that is quite a few pokemon, so don't feel obligated to do so, I just think you'd be able to do it fantastically ^ ^
Good luck with your work!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I agree with Pumpkaboom, you could change some of the flying poses. Personally pokemon like Pidgey (who doesn't fly) should be able to, so making them fly would too, instead of ones that just fly.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
These are all absolutely amazing– your work is fantastic! Out of curiosity, how hard is it to edit in wing animations? I know there are a ton of flying/non-flying pokemon that got screwed over in the model department simply because they had to "fly" for sky battles (Tropius, Skarmory, Xatu, Charizard X, etc.). It'd be cool to see them in more natural poses compared to the ones they have now. Of course that is quite a few pokemon, so don't feel obligated to do so, I just think you'd be able to do it fantastically ^ ^
Good luck with your work!
I agree with Pumpkaboom, you could change some of the flying poses. Personally pokemon like Pidgey (who doesn't fly) should be able to, so making them fly would too, instead of ones that just fly.
I've not yet tried working with any models that have wings... not sure how well I'd be able to animate them. Making poses for mons like Skarmory and Charizard with them grounded would be a neat change, though.

I've not yet tried working with any models that have wings... not sure how well I'd be able to animate them. Making poses for mons like Skarmory and Charizard with them grounded would be a neat change, though.
Have you considered making models for standing Salamence? In the previous 3D games, Salamence always stood and looked badass and intimidating. Now it just... hangs in midair suspendedly. It has standing sprites in Pokémon-Amie, but I feel like the Gen III/IV model got Salamence's size better than the newer model. Might be a good practice with wings, too.

Gotta say, though, this project is fantastic! I adore the new Gallade models and the other ones all look amazing, too. Keep up the great work!

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Have you considered making models for standing Salamence? In the previous 3D games, Salamence always stood and looked badass and intimidating. Now it just... hangs in midair suspendedly. It has standing sprites in Pokémon-Amie, but I feel like the Gen III/IV model got Salamence's size better than the newer model. Might be a good practice with wings, too.

Gotta say, though, this project is fantastic! I adore the new Gallade models and the other ones all look amazing, too. Keep up the great work!
I'll probably work on Salamence once his model has been ripped from the game here:
http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/

Could I request a less... weird animation for Porygon and Porygon2?

What's up with their limbs moving like that? I think it's supposed to be some sort of relic from the older 3D games.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Umbreon:
Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Nothing here really improved, it's just slightly different. I could have Umbreon's rings pulse a bit to differentiate it from the original like I did with the avatar version I created before this:

Anyone like that idea?

EDIT:
Forgot to put in the shiny sprites:

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Amazing sprites , keep up the good work!

Honestly, I wish you would at a little more shading to the front gallade sprite since it looks a little bland. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I think it would make it a bit better.
I think Umbreon's rings look fine without the pulse, w/ it it would be too much.

I would like to request something though, I will most likely put it in my signature and link your thread.

Could you make a more cute, or menacing Mega Absol Sprite? I just feel it standing there looks really boring. :/

If you do, thanks!

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Could you make a more cute, or menacing Mega Absol Sprite? I just feel it standing there looks really boring. :/
Yeah, I could even probably do something with both absols.

you think you can maybe do Lucario? He looks really calm in his poses, a little to calm.
Personally, I think Lucario's stance is fine. I can imagine it standing still, reading it's opponent's aura, reading for it's next move. Giving him a more combat-ready stance (like I did with Gallade) would be a bit out of character IMO.

You know how most Pokemon that can fly have that static-looking airborne pose for Sky Battles, right? It's kinda boring to me, considering the BW sprites portray most of them as grounded. Would you mind making a grounded model for any Flying-type Pokemon of your choice?

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Mega-Absol:
Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Shinies:
Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Meh... Not too happy with the shading at the moment.

The shading is a bit weird with Mega-Absol... Mostly because of the shiny sprite. The shiny form of Mega-Absol has a pink-ish hue to it, which I am not quite sure how to accomplish in Blender at this time. The pink you see now is actually part of the texture that came with the model, which appears to have pre-baked shading. Not sure why the game itself doesn't appear have that pre-baked shaded texture.

Anyway, I'll have to mess with the shiny version's material a bit more to get the look right, so stand by for updates.

Last edited:

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I messed with the materials a bit more, and I worked out a way to get the transition from dark to light look a bit more like it does in X/Y/OR/AS.

--->

This is mostly noticeable on the back sprites. Notice how the transition from dark to light isn't as extreme.
This should be the final version of Mega Absol:
--->

--->

--->

--->

I'll work on applying this type of shading to my past sprites. I'll post another update once they are all updated.

Hey man, I quite like your work.

Could I request a Slaking that isn't, well, Slacking? Don't get me wrong, I understand how it laying down is an integral part of its design, but I've always been a fan of how it appears standing semi-upright, such as in the PMD games or, iirc, the anime.

I'll drop a 3d model here, just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)