Daily Draw challenge

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Art room on PS has for a considerable time had the Daily Draw challenge, where the mods of the room from day to day try to come up with a creative theme or just an unusual challenge. No prizes, no awards, this feature is purely for bringing activity and to challenge yourself, so no reason to treat this seriously. However, in order to not let these images fade out quickly, feel free to share any creations you made for the DD in this thread!

If you want to know what the current DD is, visit the room through the link above and type \dd in the chat, Art2D2 will then inform you what the challenge is.

Today's DD was: "Make a \randpoke face against his natural nemesis". I got Hippowdon, and seeing as he's weak to both ice and grass and doesn't like his weather disrupted, then Abomasnow felt like a good choice.

Last edited:
I don't know much about art but I gave it a try.
I got Palkia and I tried to visualize the nemesis "space and time". It's based on one of the few paintings I remember from school (I hope somebody recognizes it^^)

edit: sorry for big image

Pent

dumb broad
In my \dd and \randpoke, I got mew! So what better way to make it face off against Mewtwo?

Dude, everything in this drawing was really hard :0
Best challenge in a while in my opinion, I was expecting to get something like wurmple. XD

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The previous dd was to make a Gen I sprite from a random non-Gen I pokemon, and I got Amaura!

I now have a newfound respect for spriters since this is hella hard to get right.

Anyhow, it was also time to change the dd, so I changed into "Draw a \randpoke when its attack or sp attack is maxed". I got Tyrantrum.

Others said it might be using Thunder Fang, heh ugh.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

Drawing a Pokemon with a status condition. Drew a Carvanha with /randpoke, and felt like going with classic poison.

I guess SolarisFox might be the best person to ask this, but is there a collection of all or some of the past DD themes somewhere? Many of them sound like really interesting prompts, and I feel like I'd want to give some of them a try. )':
we did have a google doc with themes and past entries, but I haven't seen it used for the past months. Shoudn't be too hard to dig out.

also SolarisFox

Last edited:
I guess SolarisFox might be the best person to ask this, but is there a collection of all or some of the past DD themes somewhere? Many of them sound like really interesting prompts, and I feel like I'd want to give some of them a try. )':

[1:49:39 AM] Layell: ya damn right
We used to try to write them all down, but it became super tedious. I might make it so that the bot records them automatically in the future, but I have to figure out the logistics of that.

I have a couple things from past DDs, for Draw A Pokemon Using Crayons I got Golbat, but made it shiny just to make it a little different. I drew a Haunter later on and I feel it came out really well. And for drawing a Pokemon's expressions, Ditto was just fun to do for random humor. I did it on my own once, and then used the same guide Espeon Scientist used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)