DarkendFearz breaks top 20 in OU -OU RMT-

Sup playa’s! Welcome to my rmt! For starters my name is Xavier. I am known as DarkendFearz in this pokemon community although I dislike the name (sounds emo). Anyways back on topic. I had recently been in a slump and thought about quitting pokemon :0 I tried to mess with the UU and Ubers Metagame but found the UU metagame broken and Uber metagame fun but repetitive since I got the same people on ladder. I decided to give it one last shot and get a tutor! I looked in the smogon forums but the tutor sign ups where all fulled up (Oh Shuckles)! Yet having my good friend Megan Fox I somehow convinced him to tutor me. As he did (somewhat) we came up with a team. Yet it sort of failed at times and I went to Jasmine (-TheQueen) for some help. She quickly changed a few things here and BAM CHIKA CHIKA WAHH WAHH! The team was surely doing a lot better as I quickly climbed up to 1515 cre without losing on ladder. The team finally peaked at #20 on the very misleading current leaderboard with 1551 cre! So without further ado I introduce my team!
Was our first thought as a lead since it was Megan Fox’s lead and we both knew Gliscor performs well against most leads other then Swampert/Roserade
I wanted to abuse LO Heatran as I notice from prior teams that it tears stall into pieces!
Megan quickly suggest CeliTran as it was a classic and could help me with breaking down Swampert/Roserade leads
Seeing this team we quickly realized we had no real Dragon check in, So crocune came in!
Latias could very well be one of the best revenge killer in the metagame! It provided me with numerous check ins and I wanted to abuse latias!
Jirachi gave us another revenge killer and we wanted to see how well it preformed on this team paired up with latias.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Original Team
I decided that this team had its issue and was ready to drop it as a whole. Until Jasmine came and offered a few suggestions
She changed
set
Realized that celebi fails at times and
MixTar was beating this metagame into pieces

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
Gliscor makes such a great and reliable lead now a days. Shutting down slower leads with taunt and U-turning out if anything. I usually try to keep Gliscor healthy just in case there is a Lucario Running around. Gliscor does a great job at getting rocks up early in the match. The only leads Gliscor really loses too is Swampert and Roserade, yet I have my ways of dealing with them early on in the match. I run max speed on Gliscor in order to outspeed or speed tie with other Gliscor. Outspeed DD Mence and Taunt it. Max hp is self explanatory for bulk.
---NOTICE---
I was told to try roost over eq, unfortunately it seems that taunt actually helps my team a bit more then roost. It really is situational, I will continue testing!

Top 10 leads of Jan.10
1. Azelf; U-turn into tar. I sometimes Taunt if I suspect hyper offensive team but Usually U-turn
2.Metagross; Double EQ usually forces K.O. Some times EQ then set up Rocks
3.Swampert ; Pain in the but. I usually u-turn into Suicune it they use ice beam. Calm Mind the Surf while I get roared hopefully into Heatran or latias ;)
4.Jirachi; Pretty much always eq while I get tricked then go into cune for predicted Mence (Dragon).
5.Aerodactyl; U-turn into Rachi. para then Iron head
6.Infernape; EQ then switch into Tar. Only one person has ever cc'd
7.Roserade; U-Turn into rachi and K.O. Unless the sleep then I play around with it.
8.Heatran; Taunt/EQ then EQ again or set up rocks.
9.Tyranitar; LOL Taunt--> SR ----> U-turn/EQ
10.Gliscor; taunt hope i outspeed or win speed tie then set up rocks.

---

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

I saw how well Heatran could tear apart a stall team into pieces and wanted to abuse it on this team. Latias and Gliscor provide great synergy. I choose HP Grass in order to surprise kill perts that are a bit pesky. I choose Hasty nature just so I can take latias moves better and Explode. Heatran gives me the best check in for a SD scizor as well as exploding on Blissey at times. Most of Heatran's check ins are easily taken on by Latias or Gliscor. If heatran gets a Flash Fire Boost it can easily two h.k.o. some variants of blisset if rocks are up as well as SS with fire blast. I really seem to not need a change in this poke although I am considering a breloom just because it does what heatran does on this team. Have yet to not test it.

---

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 242 HP/248 Def/20 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Defensive Suicune has always been a poke that takes hit like a beast from both sides of the spectrum if allowed to set up. Suicune provides me with check in for dragons. I chose Suicune over pert because phazing was not needed on this team and I like the use of rest on Cune as well as being able to take Special hits with a few CM's up. I chose 242 hp evs because it puts me at 401 HP and took the rest out of def in order to reach 20 speed ev's in order to beat other cunes and bulky rotom-h forms. Really standard stuff here
---NOTICE---
Offensive Suicune has been suggested. I've tested it and I seem to be not a big fan of it. Unfortunately I tend to rely on Latias taking hits over Suicune which has not helped me in the long run what so ever!

---

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

Looking at my team I realized I was weak to DD pokes like Gyarados and Mence. I needed something that can take both of those pokes out as well as dealing some decent damage to pert. Latias came into mind because it can be broken at times. Crippling most common switch ins with Trick while when holding a scarf stops deadly sweeps from Empoleon, Gyarados, Mence and CM Latias. It also gave me a counter to the over new uprising CM Rachi. Although latias gets killed by Tar I usually Blind Spam Surf If i haven't seen most of his/her team. If I am certain there is no tar. Draco dents most things if not k.o.'s. Pretty standard stuff here.

---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

This cute thing is the lord of HAX! While having some nice natural bulk and excellent typing. I tend to cripple things which can easily be taken out by other threats. Jirachi also allows me to revenge kill a Lucario's that has a SD up. This set was suggested by Jasmine (-thequeen) As I used it I learned it was a set invented by PickleSword. Props to you man ;) Jirachi gives me a safer check in to latias as well. I am thinking of replacing substitute with t-punch although it comes in handy. T-punch might give me a easier time with starmie. Although I tend to para it then trap with tar ;)

---

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 208 HP/212 Atk/40 Spd/48 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

WAIT WTF?!?!?!?!!! Mixtar tears the stall metagame into pieces. I really enjoy trapping pokes like Latias/Rotom-a. Then having a skarm/scizor/forretress come in and die to a fire blast. The ev's stated here give tar bulky to take on hits specifically from the special side. 48 sp.atk evs allow me to K.O. most skarms. The 40 spd in ev's with a hasty nature allows me to outspeed most scizor's that come in and u-turn thinking a obvious switch is coming. Tar does great when threats like Zapdos/Gyarados/Dnight/Mence/Starmie/Latias are all paralyzed.

---

Please offer constructive criticism ;) Thanks and hope you ENJOYED! ^.^

***changes will be in Bold***

Hope you enjoy the team. I'm most likely going to retire but suggestions are encouraged because I seem to have a 3x ground weakness o.o
Special Thanks
~Megan Fox
~Jasmine

P.S. Neji you can steal the team now lol ;)

Threat List (Taken from Megan Fox)

Scizor:
SD Variant: This seems to not be such a huge threat unless Heatran and Jirachi are down! I usually check into Gliscor just to see what move they do or scout what type of scizor it is.
-CB Variant: I laugh at these at times when they switch into tar when I pursuit and I k.o. with Fire Blast Other than that I try to get it with Rachi or wall with Gliscor. U-Turn gets annoying if rocks aren’t up.

Salamence:
-MixMence: TBH this thing has no real switch in. I A.) Try to kill it off with Draco Meteor. If latias dies then I go into Rachi and Para him hoping to kill with suicune or ttar without taking damage.
-DDMence: I usually kill it off with Latias on a predicted DD or EQ. I then try to lure the outrage and go into rachi and para him. Ttar and Suicune handle it then.
-SpecsMence: Never really battled one. I suppose predict around it.
-CBMence: Same as SpecsMence

Heatran:
-Lead Shuca/SashTran: I usually EQ with Gliscor 1ft turn then set up rocks / eq / u-turn depends if my opponent is good or not. Or if im feeling lucky
-ScarfTran: Suicune and Heatran make a nice check in on fire blast. Latias also walls all moves
-SpecsTran: Same as scarf tran
-LO Tran: Latias and Suicune bring it down a bit. Gliscor outspeeds and K.O.

Gyarados:
-Leftovers DD: This thing pretty much sweeps me once Latias is down. Although Bulky versions I usually para with Rachi and K.O. With TTar.
-Life Orb DD: Once again I can easily get swept my only hope is Latias or a para if rachi lived.
-Restalk: Suicune can wall this variant for days and get CM’s of it’s own
-Thunder Wave or Substitute: EHH? Never seen one. I assume Latias Rachi/Tar

Rotom-A:
-Scarf: Mixtar owns this. I usually taunt with gliscor Just in case I don’t know the set.
-Restalk/Defensive: Gliscor taunts this thing and then Tar owns it.
-SubCharge Beam: tar Handles this thing and my cune can outspeed some variants and outstall one with CM

Latias:
-Specs: Jirachi usually if not Latias of my own.
-Scarf: Tar rapes the ones locked into wrong move. Yet I usually go to Rachi or Lati depends… Mostly Rachi
-LO Sweeper: Tar only takes 40% and I can outspeed with Latias of my own.
-CM Latias: Tar and Latias as well as Jirachi handle these fairly well.
Tyranitar:

Tyranitar:
-CBTar: Jirachi can break it down easily as well as gliscor. Unless the aqua tail o.o
-DDTar: Gliscor wears it down. Then Latias kills it. If not rachi can take one crunch and cune as well.
-BOAH Variants: Jirachi Flinches this thing to death although I lose flamethrower varits. Suicune usually handles this.
-CurseTar: LOL Gliscor taunts and eq’s it or I go into Rachi

Metagross:
-CBGross: Jirachi on MM. Latias on EQ. Suicune can whither it down while Gliscor finishes it off
-MixGross: Heatran outspeeds and kills!
-LeadGross: EQ this then rocks or eq again.

Lucario:
SD: Owns my team once gliscor is down although. Suicune can take one CC and hit it low enough for Rachi’s Fire Punch to k.o.
-Specs: Gliscor walls this for days. Suicune for HP Ice variants. Jirachi also outspeeds and does 85%

Infernape:
MixApe: Gliscor/Suicune are my best bet against this team. Kinda hard to break. Although I only see leads variants which I eq then switch to tar for SS K.O.
-Physical Ape: Gliscor does a nice job.
-ScarfApe: Predict around it!

Jirachi:
-Scarf Jirachi: Jirachi and Heatran take this on with EASE!
-Expert Belt Jirachi: Heatran walls all variants. Unless random HP GROUND! Jirachi can para it and fire punch it ;D
-CM Jirachi: [COLOR=Orange ]Gliscor can taunt it and EQ and Heatran it a nice check in! Latias can trick. Although it has swept.[/COLOR]
-Support Jirachi: Heatran and Rachi can do damage as well as gliscor taunt it.

Gengar:
-LO Gengar: Latias usually handles it. Other then that I para with rachi and kill with tar.
-ScarfGengar: Easy to predict around Rachi para’s it as well. Tar traps Shadow ball ;)
-SubGengar: Jirachi has to break sub then Latias comes in and revenge kills.

Swampert:
-This thing is so hard to break down at times! Most people pair this with Blissey forcing me to Explode with tran. Suicune beats non roar variants. Latias can trick/dent with Draco.
-CBPert: predict around it.
-Cursepert: Latias tricks it. Heatran lowers it down with HP GRASS just got to get safe switch in

Blissey:
-WishBliss: Gliscor walls non ice beam variants! Rachi breaks this thing down quickly. Latias can Trick
-Non-wish Bliss: Jirachi flinches and and Latias can trick.

Azelf:
-Lead Azelf: u-turn then go into tar!
-NP Azelf: Tar can wall non hpfighting variants. Jirachi twaves!
-Scarf tar gets phychic variants and Jirachi sets up.

Starmie:
-LO Starmie: This thing hurts my team a bit. Latias is really the only thing that breaks it.
-Rapid Spinner: I can para him with rachi and let him kill me then trap with tar.
-Choice Starmie: Latias/Suicune

Gliscor:
-SD Gliscor: Suicune can take it on. Baton variants can set up at times…
-Stall Gliscor: Latias and Suicune dent it and can force switch in. Jirachi can flinch if worse comes to worse.
Vaporeon:
-WishProtect Vaporeon: Annoying! I usually explode with tran if not trick with latias. Cune also gets +6 although I have to hope for crit/freeze
-SpecsVaporeon: LOL idk -_-

Magnezone:
-Substitute variants do give a bit of problems but Heatran can take a tbolt and break subs and outspd. Rachi can do 45% Gliscor also kills but dies to HP ICE
-Scarf: Predict around it.
-Life Orb Variant: Gliscor eq’s it as well as Heatran.

Zapdos:
-Defensive: Usually para with Rachi then switch to Gliscor and taunt it lol. Tar can k.o. with SE. Heatran dents it. Latias walls non toxic variants to days.
-Offensive: Para then tar kills it..
-Choiced: Latias is usually my check in. If not I can set up some CM if locked in heat wave/hp ice

Machamp:
-ResTalk: Gliscor walls and taunt. Iron head does a nice bit of damage
-Substitute: Break sub with Gliscor then revenge with latias or rachi tran if it is low enough.

Kingdra:
-DD Kingdra: Suicune walls its. Latias can revenge. Jirachi can para.
-Rain Dance Mix: T-tar changes whether easily. Then cune forces outrage then comes tran or rachi.
Breloom:

Breloom:
-SubPuncher: Usually have to sack a poke but Latias does a nice job at times… IF not gliscor/tran/rachi
-ScarfLoom: Gliscor walls.
Skarmory:
-Spiker: Heatran OHKO’s Latias OHKO’s Tar can dent/OHKO most variants that think im locked in Crunch/Pursuit

Bronzong:
-Standard Leftovers / Light Clay: Taunt which gliscor. If it has no eq. Rachi sets up!
-CMZong: Rachi has to whither it down then tran comes and k.o.
-Trick: Never seens one but I’d go to latias/Jirachi/Gliscor?
Celebi:
-Defensive: Gliscor taunts then u-turn. Heatran owns non earth power variants. Ttar can dent it. Latias tricks
-CM / CM Pass: Trick with latias. Taunt with gliscor. Flinch/fire punch with rachi.
-SD Pass: Same as before..
-Choice: Jirachi is usually check in as well as heatran.

Flygon:
-Scarf: Gliscor walls this to days. Latias can revenge kill.
-Band: ehh Suicune.
-Roost LO/Stall: Suicune.

Suicune:
-Offensive CMer: Trick with latias then go into Jirachi and force switch. Or cm with my Cune
-ResTalk: Trick with latias. Explode with tran.
-Roar: Trick with latias then go into heatran.

Jolteon:
-Specs: Ttar handles it well. Latias K.O.’s Gliscor can come in on tbolt.
-Substitute: Heatran/Latias
-Charge Beam: Ttar or gliscor depending on HP

Empoleon:
-Lead: EQ then sr/eq again.
-AgilityPetaya: set up fodder for cune latias tbolts. Jirachi can break sub.
-AgilityLife Orb: Never seen one but Latias rapes.
-Specs: Suicune/Latias/Jirachi
-SD: hehe Latias.

Forretress:
Tar and Heatran ownszzz it.

Electivire: Latias can k.o. as well as gliscor outspeed and k.o. cune can whither it down.

Togekiss:
Latias t-bolt/t-wave it then k.o. with Tar

Weavile:
Suicune / Jirachi

Aerodactyl:
Lead:U-turn into rachi. T-wave then iron head k.o.

Mamoswine:
U-turn into rachi. Sucks if they ice shard. Although most players don’t

Snorlax: Trick this fatty. If not … its kinda hard to beat. Gliscor taunts then cune sets up. Heatran can explode.

Dusknoir:
Taunt then go into tar/rachi If I don't get a taunt up I usually go into tran on a predicted w-o-w

Smeargle: Taunt lead variants just to be safe. Baton variants lose to being outspeeded and ss up.

Ninjask: Try to get a taunt in and force non efficient bp. Jirachi gets a nice sub up… and twave/forces early BP ;)

Tentacruel: Suicune set up fodder. Gliscor can taunt/tran can usually 2hko / latias can trick really bulky sp.def variants.

Dragonite: Can be trick at time. My best bet is to sacrifice a poke and then go to Latias for the revenge kill. I tend to stay in and t-wave them if they send it in on rachi. In that case I can switch to Latias for the predicted EQ if not... Let Rachi die and kill of with tar.

Hippowdon: Usually see the's as leads which works fine because I can taunt with Gliscor then set up rocks. If they stay in I u-turn and get a calm mind or two. Depending if they stay in and how many turns taunt works for.

Roserade:
I usually u-turn into rachi since most variants now just HP ICE from the get go. If not pro. If rachi goes to sleep I can send in heatran and spam a safe Fire Blast.

Porygon-Z: Jirachi takes it on as well as latias outspeeding and tran can resist as well

Cresselia: I tend to taunt with gliscor although it is risky because if they carry ice beam gliscor goes down. Lately i've been switching in gliscor on t-waves and then u-turning into jirachi predicting an ice beam. I then proceed to substitute and t-wave then flinch to death.

Heracross: Gliscor can wall these for days. Jirachi can prove to be a nice revenge killer if at enough health.

Umbreon: Taunt with gliscor. I usually tend to set up with suicune if I have not seen the toxic. Latias can also trick.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
hey man this is obviously a solid team. i do have a few suggestions though. overall i think a offensive cm cune with 3 attacks would benefit your team better, due to the fact it can lure in stuff like zapdos, things that stop jirachi, and severely cripple defensive versions of them with the respective moves. you don't really need a status absorber since you have gliscor to take twaves and your steels for toxic. you also have tran for wow. also this suicune will have hp electric allowing you to take on gyarados better, a prominent threat to your team. this could just be something to try out so good luck!

hey xavier, i have a few nitpicks.

i would use roost > Taunt on Gliscor. i feel you really roost in order to have gliscor at good health for late game plus countering lucario. i suggested to keep Uturn > Taunt b/c i feel switch advantage would really help benefit ur team and is more important then taunt for you

run 4 attk on heatran insteada hp.

hey man this is obviously a solid team. i do have a few suggestions though. overall i think a offensive cm cune with 3 attacks would benefit your team better, due to the fact it can lure in stuff like zapdos, things that stop jirachi, and severely cripple defensive versions of them with the respective moves. you don't really need a status absorber since you have gliscor to take twaves and your steels for toxic. you also have tran for wow. also this suicune will have hp electric allowing you to take on gyarados better, a prominent threat to your team. this could just be something to try out so good luck!
You know Megan suggested that early but it seemed to not have done as well in the 1st version of the team I will test it for sure. Seems like an idea that might work.

hey xavier, i have a few nitpicks.

i would use roost > Taunt on Gliscor. i feel you really roost in order to have gliscor at good health for late game plus countering lucario. i suggested to keep Uturn > Taunt b/c i feel switch advantage would really help benefit ur team and is more important then taunt for you

run 4 attk on heatran insteada hp.
Leave my tran alone its sexy as hell. I'll test it since I don't really use tuant on gliscor now a days. Thanks ^.^

Nice team xavier its me from MD, I agree with Megan, use roost its needed, taunt isnt needed as much cuase who r u going to taunt, roses are now running HP ice which, smergles are gone atm i think, and its a bad idea to stay in on swap.

hEllo xavier! =D

I just wanted to say that you COULD change latias to celebi because you have a mence check (suicune) and you can just use a gyra (celebi) 252 hp 36 speed and 220 def bold, twave leechseed grassknot recover (it helps with ttar as ttar helps it by killing its weakness rotom and stuff.

By tha way =D nice team

nice team. one thing i would suggest is always just u turning against lead azelf. if they happen to be running a DS lead then just bring in latias and trick away your scarf. without screens a hyper offense team is NEVER going to be able to beat this team with jirachi, gliscor and defensiive suicune.

nice job on getting top 20!

EDIT: also i suggest switching fire blast to flamethrower. i feel a 100% chance to kill scizor/forry instead of 85% is much better than a possible OHKO on skarm. Not to mention that most good players run Special Defence on skarm making the OHKO impossible IIRC.

One little nitpick for your threat list.
Dusknoir:
Taunt then go into tar/rachi tran on predicted w-o-w
After a taunt duskinor can't use WoW unless it switches. Anyway great team. Just add roost to your gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)