Dia da los MuerAOKE

It's that time of year again folks, the time when women dress more like sluts than usual and men feed them drinks from decorative pumpkin shotglasses in what are largely successful attempts to get in their pants. But going back to the origins of the holiday, we find a reverence for the departed as well as a desire to scare away evil spirits that would do us harm. In honor of those roots, I present to you all your new karaoke assignment:

"Occult" has multiple definitions, but for the purpose of an exciting and unique karaoke competition, we'll be defining it as "the mysterious or unknown in a paranormal sense." Whether you like ghosts or goblins, monsters or magic, it's time to pay homage to the supernatural parts of life.

Your song must include lyrics that deal with the paranormal. Reference monsters, demons, magic, or the like. Please no songs about Christmas or Santa.

The submission period will end Monday, November 13, giving you two weeks to claim and perform songs. Good luck!

Congrats to Kojax for winning the 17 and under round!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Reserving: wizard needs food badly - fiveironfrenzy
Holy geez wait.
Reserving: king of the closet - blindside

I've been wanting to do this song for years.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As a black man, the stereotype is that nothing should scare me as much as a ghost right? So it's natural then that I select

when there's something strange in your neighborhood, WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

That's right, ghostbusters theme. ~Busting makes me feel good!~

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hip once again makes an excellent song choice -- it really suits his voice.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do aliens count?

Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien

I've wanted to do that song since I found out that Smogon had karaoke contests!

Is just Mexico or any others countries use Halloween as an excuse to men's dress like woman?

I mean getting out of the closet with an poor excuse.

Or I'm just paranoid?.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
wer you son of a bitch i would much rather do that song

ugh

i GUESS i can do cherry poppin' daddies - dr. bones only because wer mentioned it before, heh.

Superstition, aliens, all of that is allowed. From the look of things, this is shaping up to be a good one!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Coming out of my comfort zone a bit to tentatively reserve Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

Just a reminder that submissions are due in two days and, as much as we all love Hip, it'd be awesome if he had some competition.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May I request an extension? Regionals are tomorrow and I'm terribly busy today. Should have it on Tuesday, hopefully!

I figured we'd probably need an extension anyway. If regionals go all weekend, I don't want anyone to feel rushed on Monday and Tuesday, so I'm going to extend the deadline to Friday, November 18. Please submit something good everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)