Doctor Who

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i loved the episode and i love clara and the doctor's chemistry u w u

[yells] CLARAAAAAAAAAA

looking forward to that Great Intelligence enemy, seems like an interesting plot where people keep getting possessed????

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
anyone else notice it said 'Cumbria 1207' even though Cumbria only came into existence within the last century? d'oh.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I can't tell if you two are serious and are just completely unaware of the date, or if you two are really intelligent and are playing it up.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i thought the latest episode was rubbish, personally. absolutely no substance to it at all really, at least it was just an introductory one i guess. hoping (and expecting) better things to come as clara is gr8

I'm looking forward to some important plot points from the last two series actually getting resolved. Not just "the first question" but something that has niggled me since Series 5: who exploded the TARDIS in a way that swallowed up existence itself, and how. For one, they never explicitly said in the show that it was the silence...and how would they do that anyway. I'd like to think that there's actually a mastermind behind the whole thing.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Thats quite an ignorant comment, the date has no significance the guy is a feckin time traveller and no one has ever complained that its "out of date". The Police Box is iconic and there is absolutely no reason to change it.
This is one of the best posts in aforum, at the moment.

I was happy with the new episode. The premise was entirely unbelievable (in a cringeworthy way), but it gave the Doctor a reason to save Clara so it was alright. I wonder how long this new villain will stretch on, or if it'll disappear for a while only to reappear much later on. So far I like Clara much more than I liked Pond. She seems like more of a sidekick and not some kind of full-blown co-star.

ok i don't have any comments about the newest episodes but i just finished watching some of the old elevens with pond out of nostalgia and i felt so bad for rory during the scene where pond was like YOU ABSOLUTELY MAY KISS THE BRIDE like lololol

also "that's mr. pond's job now" "that's not how it works" yes it is"

okay so not only does he have to deal with his wife basically fawning and throwing herself at the doctor but has to deal with his male rival condescending to him and telling him what his fucking name is

lol

idk why that scene frustrated me so much i don't like eleven

I would feel bad for Rory...which do not get me wrong, he is totally deserving of it. Not only did he play the show's Kenny for a season, he also plays that poor guy who trys to compete with the Doctor for Amy's attention. No one can outshine in the Doctor. Not even the last Centurion. Jack may have pulled it off but he is Jack.
But I really did not find much character to pity in him. He is just the jealous boyfriend/husband. He did not have family, or anything really until we met his Dad five or so episodes before he went away. Not that Amy was much better...
Clara is totally awesome

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the ep was pretty slow and kind of pointless by the end, but it made me like clara more so??

the leaf scene was so sad she had to give up the most valuable thing to her im cry

oh ps clara's mom died the day the 2005 reboot aired #funfact

Solace

royal flush
Are there any clues in "Rose"?
not exactly any "clues", but there are some theories that clara's mom was killed by the plastic mannequin aliens in that episode, which would explain her death date and also why clara didn't seem to have any issue w/the doctor being an alien.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I thought the episode was great. It's nice to see the doctor be completely wrong every now and then.
"LOL, he's not really a god.

... oh wait...dang...umm..."
Sometimes it's nice to see that he's not infallible and omniscient.

Erm, new episode was much better than the last one, but still lacked that final touch which the earlier series of Doctor Who had. The only downside for this episode was that Clara came across as really annoying :/

Also next episode looks good ;)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
That was a cool episode... but did I miss something? I feel like they didn't show what the Doctor and Clara were doing something right before this? Their clothes at the start seemed odd.

TheValkyries said:
That was a cool episode... but did I miss something? I feel like they didn't show what the Doctor and Clara were doing something right before this? Their clothes at the start seemed odd.
Yeah their clothes were odd...they were expecting Los Vegas

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i thought the ending was up there with the biggest kop out in the world too:

ooooh and just before everyone dies his friends come back and find him so hes happy again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)