Does anybody else really want kids?

Do you want kids

• Total voters

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i want kids most likely but I would have problems dealing with a daughter. Every time she goes out, I'd think some guy is fucking her. Like I would high 5 my son if he was having sex but not my daughter...

If you're only replacing yourself and your partner, than the population hasn't expanded. Sure your child will use more resources than a third world child with 7 siblings will, but the population of the world hasn't changed because you'll die and this kid is your replacement. And not having kids is a huge problem in Japan which really needs to be fixed in the next 30 years. The answer to the population question isn't "Don't have kids" because that doesn't really help.
It hasn't expanded, but it hasn't gone down, either, which is what needs to happen.
I'm aware that it's a huge problem in japan, it's happening there drastically, when it should happen more slowly. they obviously need less people, as they're crowded up the ass, but it's too crowded, certainly.
...Could maybe try opening up the borders to foreigners. S'what Canada's kicking into high gear and the US is still doing, though people still enter the US illegally so it's not as important for them. Mexicans don't really breed like rabbits here.

"Don't have kids" at least tries to make some form of an impact; having less people on the planet in a less brutal manner certainly lowers dependency on energy and fossil fuels, thus buying at least a bit more time. It adds up; if a lot of people did it, we'd save a shitload more time and energy and resources and emissions in general. People will still make kids; it's not like "don't make kids" will exactly reach everywhere. Not everyone is willing to and even should listen, and most people will never even hear of such a thing; nor can a lot of them prevent it. Rape is prevalent in many African countries, and guess which countries also lack access to birth control? Hmm...
Furthermore, guess which countries also have a really restrictive government which doesn't allow abortion for almost any reason?

And yeah, just a lot of countries in general not allowing people to abort or many religions not allowing abortions, birth control pills, or encouraging a higher population.
[BUT WE COULD ALL FIT IN TEXAS!!!!]
[u don't even no wut ur takin bout m8]

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It hasn't expanded, but it hasn't gone down, either, which is what needs to happen.
I'm aware that it's a huge problem in japan, it's happening there drastically, when it should happen more slowly. they obviously need less people, as they're crowded up the ass, but it's too crowded, certainly.
...Could maybe try opening up the borders to foreigners. S'what Canada's kicking into high gear and the US is still doing, though people still enter the US illegally so it's not as important for them. Mexicans don't really breed like rabbits here.

"Don't have kids" at least tries to make some form of an impact; having less people on the planet in a less brutal manner certainly lowers dependency on energy and fossil fuels, thus buying at least a bit more time. It adds up; if a lot of people did it, we'd save a shitload more time and energy and resources and emissions in general. People will still make kids; it's not like "don't make kids" will exactly reach everywhere. Not everyone is willing to and even should listen, and most people will never even hear of such a thing; nor can a lot of them prevent it. Rape is prevalent in many African countries, and guess which countries also lack access to birth control? Hmm...
Furthermore, guess which countries also have a really restrictive government which doesn't allow abortion for almost any reason?

And yeah, just a lot of countries in general not allowing people to abort or many religions not allowing abortions, birth control pills, or encouraging a higher population.
[BUT WE COULD ALL FIT IN TEXAS!!!!]
[u don't even no wut ur takin bout m8]
Population doesn't really need to decrease in the first world countries though. This is getting very off topic, but if we became more sustainable as civilization then we'd be able to support our population with the resources we have. Not having kids won't reduce the population quick enough to make a big enough impact to save us from environmental diaster. I agree with most of your second paragraph though, we really have to reduce population growth in the third world countries that don't have sexual education and have many kids for various cultural and practical reasons. However, none of this really relates to the decision of people in this thread to have kids.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
i want kids most likely but I would have problems dealing with a daughter. Every time she goes out, I'd think some guy is fucking her. Like I would high 5 my son if he was having sex but not my daughter...
Doesn't that perpetuate a double standard?
I...
I can't tell if you guys are joking or not
relados I really really hope you are

anyways bigups to @askaninjask and various other users whom I'm not remembering the names of for basically holding my views

Last edited:
I...
I can't tell if you guys are joking or not
relados I really really hope you are
how? in fact, i'd say that it'd be better if it was the chick having sex. at least she gets the final say in the abortion; if your son screws a girl and she decides to keep it, guess who's on the hook?
Population doesn't really need to decrease in the first world countries though. This is getting very off topic, but if we became more sustainable as civilization then we'd be able to support our population with the resources we have. Not having kids won't reduce the population quick enough to make a big enough impact to save us from environmental diaster. I agree with most of your second paragraph though, we really have to reduce population growth in the third world countries that don't have sexual education and have many kids for various cultural and practical reasons. However, none of this really relates to the decision of people in this thread to have kids.
I... I know. I know. It's not enough, but... It's better than nothing. Yeah, I get that it's too late, but... I just hate it when something's hopeless; I hate sad endings, especially since it is mostly those poor people that will pay the price far before we do, for what we do, since they'll have nowhere else to go. I really just want some nonviolent way to lessen or at least postpone the inevitable.

But yes, absolutely. It'd be great if more people knew about that; perhaps we'd have more monetary aid for safehouses and clinics for those people.
...Or maybe i'm just being to naive, and that everyone'll just be complacent. What else is new? Humans, humans.

Well, it did spring from a reason to not have kids, but you're quite correct. It would, however, make an interesting board topic.

Last edited:
I wanna be the best dad
Like no one ever was
To raise them is my real test
To troll them is my cause

I have seen so many kids
Disgusting and deprived
Of love, of guidance and of care
Rebels full of spite

Well, c'mon! I guess it is up to me
Perhaps it's my destiny
So c'mon! Ooh, to be their best friend
In a world full of pretend
Well, c'mon! Between laughter and tears
A bond that trancends the years
You teach me, and I'll teach you
Dad and son
I'll be the best of all (x2)
Dad and son!

Yeah...

I'm afraid and I'm distressed
That maybe I'll fail the test
There'll be pain, there'll be stress
However I digress

My boy, my girl, my pride and joy
Will learn what it is like
Respect, trust and how to take
A "no" from time to time

Well, c'mon! I guess it is up to me
Perhaps it's my destiny
So c'mon! Ooh, to be their best friend
In a world full of pretend
Dad and son
I'll be the best of all (x4)
Yeah!

Bring it on! That's how I want it to be
I troll them and they troll me
For as long! For as long as we can
And a talk ev'ry now and then
Dad and son
I'll be the best of all (x2)
Dad and son

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
how? in fact, i'd say that it'd be better if it was the chick having sex. at least she gets the final say in the abortion; if your son screws a girl and she decides to keep it, guess who's on the hook?
well I'm just saying like relados
is stating something
pretty obvious
as in so obvious that you could make a sarcastic post like "hey isn't that ____"
and by doing so pointing out that that post is in fact _____
but you know, simultaneously laughing at how blatantly it's put

but I'm not sure if that's what he's doing
or if he's just being stupid and saying "hey isn't that ____" seriously

but then that hinges on whether or not macle is being serious or not.

I don't know man I've been up all night cut me some slack

well not really up all night I guess I fell asleep at two yesterday and woke up at like midnight
up for eight hours

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well I'm just saying like relados
is stating something
pretty obvious
as in so obvious that you could make a sarcastic post like "hey isn't that ____"
and by doing so pointing out that that post is in fact _____
but you know, simultaneously laughing at how blatantly it's put

but I'm not sure if that's what he's doing
or if he's just being stupid and saying "hey isn't that ____" seriously

but then that hinges on whether or not macle is being serious or not.

I don't know man I've been up all night cut me some slack

well not really up all night I guess I fell asleep at two yesterday and woke up at like midnight
up for eight hours
maybe you should
get some sleep

maybe then things will
make more sense.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm only 17 but I'm terrified by the mere idea of getting married, lot alone having kids. I don't want to get married, I don't want to have kids. I want to finish my education (maybe go for a PhD in whatever I will specialize in when i go to uni.) and I wanna travel the world after I'm done, and maybe learn to play the violin :(

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't that perpetuate a double standard?
yes but you need to understand where this attitude towards girls comes from: they can get pregnant. If a guy is manipulated into sleeping with a girl, w/evs. The other way round, the girl gets pregnant, has to have an abortion/raise the demon spawn/etc. There's also the small issue that women get a lot more emotional, so the act of sex will mean different things to the boy and girl when they're young.

I will probably want kids later on in life but right now I don't even want a pet. I'd rather raise a business or great idea than a highly flawed human being, but having a family is nice and kids are one way to perpetuate one.

moved this to cong because this is a serious thread.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
No kids, thanks, if giving birth is more painful than having a period.
Would like to adopt, but currently find playing with a Furby quite difficult :p

If a guy is manipulated into sleeping with a girl, w/evs. The other way round, the girl gets pregnant, has to have an abortion/raise the demon spawn/etc.
you mean people think it's fine if their son impregnates a girl and then leaves her alone with a child to raise? that's a very flawed attitude, and even if they actually thought that it's not at all their son's responsibility to raise his child, they could still encourage their daughters to use contraception. it's not a justification for making that double standard.
at the same time, assuming their son is hetero, shouldn't they consider that other people's daughters have to be discouraged from having sex just as much as their own? they either have to follow up their "my son/my daughter" double standard with another "my daughter/other daughters" double standard, or strictly enforce that their son only sleep with girls at least the age of when you would allow your own daughter to have sex (which is probably gonna be a few years older than your son is), which are both nonsensical. I really don't see how encouraging your son, yet discouraging your daughter from sex is tenable.

I'd love to have a family and raise master race Italian or half Italian/half Japanese babies...one day. My top priority is being able to support myself comfortably.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you mean people think it's fine if their son impregnates a girl and then leaves her alone with a child to raise? that's a very flawed attitude, and even if they actually thought that it's not at all their son's responsibility to raise his child, they could still encourage their daughters to use contraception. it's not a justification for making that double standard.
at the same time, assuming their son is hetero, shouldn't they consider that other people's daughters have to be discouraged from having sex just as much as their own? they either have to follow up their "my son/my daughter" double standard with another "my daughter/other daughters" double standard, or strictly enforce that their son only sleep with girls at least the age of when you would allow your own daughter to have sex (which is probably gonna be a few years older than your son is), which are both nonsensical. I really don't see how encouraging your son, yet discouraging your daughter from sex is tenable.
I think it's easier to change your phone number/email address and cut off all ties with someone who's just gotten pregnant, than it is for someone pregnant to deal with their fetus. The whole thing boils down to 'women can get pregnant, so sex is more of a risk for them' which is bullshit because of abortion and contraception, but unfortunately a lot of people take issue with those.

I want kids, but more eventually instead if now. At 25, I'd much rather have fun being single and look for a serious relationship over my brother for example, who's 22 (barely old enough to legally drink), married, and with a 1 year old already. I mean props to him if he wants kids at a young age so he can kick them out in 18 years while still being pretty young, but I'd rather wait...

At the same time though, I don't really want to have kids over 30 as then I'd feel "too old" ironically in raising them, can't imagine having any at like 40 as I'd like to be an active parent and playing catch or whatever with them while they're growing over getting ready for social security when they're going to college.

I'm in the same situation as Shinryu. I have a 22 year old little brother with a daughter. I enjoy caring for her (and friend's kids as well). I would love a child of my own one day, but I want to get my shit situated and have a little fun while I'm young.

I'm not raising a kid, I'd spoil them rotten just to get them to stop whining. Plus kids are expensive and I do not want to take out a loan. For those that live outside of America, taking out a loan means you're in debt for the rest of your life here unless you win the lottery.

There's also the fact that I would not let my kid into public school where he/she would get tortured by teachers and bullies knowing my genes, especially if the bisexual gene passes through.

Edit, bisexual is not my only bully magnet trait. I'm also autistic so I have a hard time in social situations. Combine that with any orientation besides straight the only thing you learn in school is how to dodge people

Last edited:
I'm not raising a kid, I'd spoil them rotten just to get them to stop whining. Plus kids are expensive and I do not want to take out a loan. For those that live outside of America, taking out a loan means you're in debt for the rest of your life here unless you win the lottery.

There's also the fact that I would not let my kid into public school where he/she would get tortured by teachers and bullies knowing my genes, especially if the bisexual gene passes through.
You are not implying sexual orientation is influenced by genes now are you?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
You are not implying sexual orientation is influenced by genes now are you?
Aren't there several studies that show homosexuality is linked to the chromosome band Xq28?
Uncertain about bisexual orientation though.

Aren't there several studies that show homosexuality is linked to the chromosome band Xq28?
Uncertain about bisexual orientation though.
I've never looked into that but a quick google search brought up the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xq28
http://www.bio.davidson.edu/genomics/2002/Pierce/gaygene.htm

In short, there's some suggestion to what you said but not definite or conclusive as of yet. Then, in my opinion, it is pointless to fear your offspring's sexual orientation will be inherited from you. You have nothing to fear if you are a guy, and the chance seems to be farfetched at best if you are a girl.

but bi girls are hot
calm down lol i'm trolling you a bit
no really, they are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)