Does anyone else think End Game kinda sucked? (Spoilers probably)

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I've loved pretty much every Marvel movie, but this one was mostly boring as fuck, super inconsistent and hard to believe, and the fight scenes were probably some of the most bland in the MCU.

I'd say it was a movie full of some great moments seperated by 2 hours of filler. I tbh don't want to see it again. I'd love to scroll through a collection of 30-second clips and screenshots, though!

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I slept through the movie (for about 10 mins) :( lol

It was ok....would give it 7.5/10 it's grossly overrated. I dont see how some people can call it one of the greatest movies of all time.
Yeah that's what gets me rn. Everyone's acting like it 10/10 best movie ever, but IW is sitting right there for direct comparison, and I thought that was better than end game in every way.

It wasn't a terrible movie, but it's so below its peers that I don't see how anyone can be calling it one the best movies in general.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
It was good but it was way too safe, and suffered way too much for trying to serve the "finales" of the core cast instead of like........ actually telling a story with many characters. Everyone who wasn't in the original avengers movie are so ancillary that I couldn't care, and that makes me sad because they were some of my favorites.

Basically: it was a fuckin blast but it could have been so much more than it was.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Whenever you use a time travel trope not once but twice your movie automatically sucks. There really is no bigger of a cop out to good writing than time travel in a story. I mean this was supposed to be the magnus opus of the marvel universe, the cherry on top of the saga and they use time travel fucking twice? They couldnt come up with anything cooler than that? LMAO

I thought infinity war was better, mostly because it had more focus on one interesting character (Thanos) and was better paced. Endgame's beginning kinda sucked and the whole Thor thing was pretty lame. Way to waste a character that got a lot of development in Ragnorok and Infinity War.

Last edited:
Highlights:

- Hulk dabbing
- Thor talking to noobmaster69 in Fortnite
- Fat Thor (lol!)
- I Am Groot
- Allison Brie's YASSS QUEEN moment with all the women heroes on screen

- Allison Brie with short hair during the final arc
- Tessa Thompson being Tessa Thompson
- Captain America's final scene

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Whenever you use a time travel trope not once but twice your movie automatically sucks. There really is no bigger of a cop out to good writing than time travel in a story. I mean this was supposed to be the magnus opus of the marvel universe, the cherry on top of the saga and they use time travel fucking twice? They couldnt come up with anything cooler than that? LMAO
Pretty much exactly how I felt. It was somehow even more poorly done than Harry Potter's time travel sequence :/

Reactions: nui

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty much exactly how I felt. It was somehow even more poorly done than Harry Potter's time travel sequence :/
Uhhh the HP time travel sequence is the best sequence in all of Harry Potter because the time travel is consistent with what you see and hear earlier in the movie.

There are only three movies to do consistent time travel and all three are awesome: Terminator 1, HP3, and 12 Monkies. All other time travel sucks, and endgame is no exception.

Also Captain America going out like that was a total disgrace.

Thanks a lot to the asshole who spoiled endgame and it got sent to my inbox. I was gonna watch it and you ruined it. Fuck you. I'm done. I honestly feel like crying. I tried so hard to avoid them and it got ruined just like that and I couldn't do anything because of notifications. Why did you have to ruin one of the few things I had to look foward to in my life :(

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
It was ok....would give it 7.5/10 it's grossly overrated. I dont see how some people can call it one of the greatest movies of all time.
This is exactly the number I was thinking as I left, but that's enough for me to enjoy/recommend it. I wasn't sure what I thought of it for about the first half, but liked it in the end.

But I'm also quoting this post because it describes how I've felt about every big MCU crossover since Civil War: I like the movie, but am puzzled by just how amazing other people say it is.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Thanks a lot to the asshole who spoiled endgame and it got sent to my inbox. I was gonna watch it and you ruined it. Fuck you. I'm done. I honestly feel like crying. I tried so hard to avoid them and it got ruined just like that and I couldn't do anything because of notifications. Why did you have to ruin one of the few things I had to look foward to in my life :(
If it makes you feel better, I read some study at some point that found you actually enjoy movies more when you know what happens. Plus, most of the biggest spoiler-worthy moments fell flat anyway imo, so don't worry too much tbh.

While we're on the topic, I thought that end fight was disgracefully flat and underwhelming (not to mention nonsensical, and with maybe the worst setting they could have possibly chosen). And why did they dedicate 1.5 hours to literally nothing (That pointless and boring support group scene? That pointless and boring Hawkeye-turned-punisher arc?)

And why were 4 of the strongest characters (with significantly upgraded gear from IW) suddenly unable to handle a solo Thanos with no infinity stones? Why could captain marvel yeet through a bunch of massive spaceships without a scratch and fly across the universe in a minute, but wasn't able to handle thanos with (basically) no infinity stones? Could she not just disintegrate him? Or punch him? Or do anything?

The biggest blunder was iron man misreading strange's signal to have Ant Man fly up thanos's butt.

most of the movie was unnecessary, the only significant fight scene was unnecessary, the vast majority of the characters were unnecessary.

and how does a massive fight break out in upstate New York with no police response

and how did Tony invent time travel in 30 seconds (lmao by telling Friday to find the eigenvalues of a particle?). and who built all those things they used? And why did they have a rat pushing a button be the legit turning point of the series?

why did the gay guy in the support group have more lines than the entire cast of black panther combined?

im sad.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
because the gay guy in the support group was one of the director's of the film doing a cameo and because they were able to use it as like a good headline publicity of lgbt AND q inclusion

Meh. I was actually fine on this movie. Can't beat the ridiculous action epic that IW was (and I'm glad it decided from the beginning not to try), but for once it felt really nice not to feel like I was getting an advertisement for the next movie.

Everything was predictable, but clean. We actually got a nice reflective look at why all these characters we've been following for years fight, the impact they've had on the next generation of heroes and the world at large, how they deal with a long term earth shattering crisis, and their closure after solving these problems. And they didn't fuck it up.

After seeing how spectacularly this exact kind of thing can fail in Kingdom Hearts 3 (a concluding game similar in scale as far as buildup and crossover over 10 years), I'll happily take it.

Edit: Also I kind of got the impression that if anything, Thanos underutilized the infinity stones in the first movie and is clearly a ridiculous tank of a dude even without them. But I don't actually know since I don't read the comics and I agree that even then they could have stood to give him a leg up in this fight.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, Endgame totally sucked.

If I wanted to watch hours of filler and fanservice with shaky plot that simultaneously degraded its female cast, I'd watch a shonen anime. Everything falls apart under even the slightest inspection. Big dumb movie? Marvel movies were always better than that. Operative word being "were".

Don't even get me started on that "yas queen", "look we have female characters too!" sequence and pose. When you ignore your female cast for most of the movie, you don't get to then treat that as some fucking triumph. That was honestly more irritating than not even having such a scene, because you just acknowledged how badly you've handled them.

I also see we're continuing to ignore and piss over all the character development from Ragnarok, one of the best (if not the best) Marvel movies, so alright then.

The thing that grinds my gear with marvel is their inability to follow the comics,but expect us to fill in the blanks with the comic knowledge

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
They might not follow the comics, but Endgame showed that the Marvel movies are just as capable of being stunningly mediocre as the comics are.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
As a non-marvel fan (I've seen like 1/3 of the MCU movies tops) I was lost for a solid 3rd of it. Lots of things that made my marvel fan friends go ape next to me had 0 effect on me. Basically it was mostly just fanservice in those parts. Also how the fuck was Nebula dumb enough to not mention that Thanos was also gonna be searching for the whatever stone when they also went there. I've heard people saying that they needed to knock out starlord but idk why they had to do that, couldn't they just have gone to an earlier date? That and they could have just stolen more Pym Particles from the past for multiple trips? Fuck time travel

The part where Thanos was in a t-shirt cooking dinner then getting crosschecked by the avengers was funny though, probably my personal highlight.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I don't like Marvel and got dragged into going with a group of friends. This movie sucked ass.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It was ok - entertaining and predictable with some large plot holes.

Both parts of IW pale so hard in comparison to Ragnarok though. My favorite scene from Endgame was probably Korg getting called out for being a noob on fort nite rofl

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
It was ok - entertaining and predictable with some large plot holes.

Both parts of IW pale so hard in comparison to Ragnarok though.

This is the best scene in Marvel history. Change my mind.

I did appreciate infinity war much more the second/third time around, though. I think it's definitely up there with Ragnarok. No action movie will ever be able to top the battle for wakanda sequence. It was immaculate.

I've loved pretty much every Marvel movie, but this one was mostly boring as fuck, super inconsistent and hard to believe, and the fight scenes were probably some of the most bland in the MCU.

I'd say it was a movie full of some great moments seperated by 2 hours of filler. I tbh don't want to see it again. I'd love to scroll through a collection of 30-second clips and screenshots, though!
It was absolutely the second worst marvel movie they made. Captain marvel was the worst. The hulk was very disappointing and the whole movie was really just a recap of the other movies. I went in the theater happy and excited, and left bitter and full of anger. Was a waste of time and money.

Did u watch the first three avengers? If so u already seen endgame

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)