DOU Doubles Classic I - XY Cup Round 1

Stratos

Banned deucer.

The commencement thread for this tour can be found here, with details on scoring and the playoffs that will follow the conclusion of these three cups.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard XY Doubles OU tournament. Here is the main XY DOU resource.
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. Only games shown in a replay will be counted.
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD / the other Classic hosts. Coin flips will be done on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Don't count on it lol.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU's banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Salamence-Mega
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Dark Void
  • Gravity and sleep moves with below 100% accuracy
  • Soul Dew

Pairings:

txitxas vs Demantoid
London13 vs Luisin
Kiichikos
vs Sunrose
tennisace vs Mishimono
Shadowmonstr4 vs Zigh
DLT JRL BELL vs kevinghost987
Yami vs MZB
Ezrael
vs Nido-Rus
Croven vs sawamura
Sificon vs marilli
duckpond
vs mc56556
Level 51 vs Stratos
KyleCole vs n1n1
Yoda2798 vs xzern
tenzai vs GenOne
ron...5
vs Gatubraz
fespy vs deoxys speed
Checkmater vs Memoric
ForgottenOnes vs Eternal Spirit
SMB vs Frania
Grandmas Cookin’ vs Sasa
Dr Nibs vs Pwndkthnx
shaian vs raf
Amaranth vs laptops
Sensei Axew
vs JustKaiser JK
SingleThunder vs Blui
Energy vs talkingtree
voltix31 vs umbreon098
CyndaKill-SH vs Z Strats
GreenGogoatttt vs papiloco
shrop
vs qsns
DaAwesomeDude1 vs Gammie87

Subs were determined using the standard smogon method of 5/8 fcfs and 3/8 random (ignore fespy here, he signed up twice):

kevinghost987
sificon
marilli
level 51
dr nibs
pwndkthnx
sawamura

Challonge: https://challonge.com/1uhf9k0a

Substitutions will be made Thursday at 9:59 PM GMT-4. Make sure to contact on Smogon or post in the thread when you have scheduled to avoid getting subbed out. The deadline for round one is Sunday, June 28th at 9:59 PM GMT-4. Note time change.

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
calling tentative act rn, been 30 min since our scheduled time. going to try and get it done by the end of the week but posting here just in case

Stratos

Banned deucer.
activity sweep:

Akaru Kokuyo vs DLT JRL BELL: No visible contact from either player.
MajorBowman vs Human: No visible contact from either player.
Bloody alfa vs Stratos: Bloody alfa gave the win.
AuraRayquaza vs Paraplegic: No visible contact from either player.
voltix31 vs umbreon098: No visible contact from either player.
zioziotrip vs papiloco: No visible contact from zioziotrip.

There are so many activity failures that we don't have enough subs. Here's what I'm going to do. I will roll seven random names among the nine with no visible contact. To this pool I will add Bloody Alfa because we know he isn't going to play. Then I will run down the games in matchup order and sub in players as they come.

Looks like JRL and umbreon098 are the lucky ones. Don't waste your new lease on life.

New pairings:

DLT JRL BELL vs Akaru Kokuyo -> DLT JRL BELL vs kevinghost987
MajorBowman vs Human -> Sificon vs marilli
Bloody alfa vs Stratos -> Level 51 vs Stratos
AuraRayquaza vs Paraplegic -> Dr Nibs vs Pwndkthnx
voltix31 vs umbreon098 -> sawamura vs umbreon098
zioziotrip vs papiloco -> GreenGogoatttt vs papiloco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)