Doubles Teambuilding Workshop Sessions - (SEE POST 139)

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
VOTING IS CLOSED

The winner is Nollan's Substitute Mega Lucario =]

THE SESSION WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY THE 2nd OF AUGUST AT MIDNIGHT GMT - WORK OUT WHAT TIME THAT IS IN YOUR TIMEZONE YOURSELF OK.
be there or be square qB^)

Pocket edit: dat would be 8 PM for americans living on the East Coast :pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AFTER 2 HOURS OF DEBATES AND DISCUSSION THAT TEAM IS HERE!

BASICS OF CQC (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 172 Atk / 80 SpA / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Protect

SPLISH SPLASH (Gyarados) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 150 Atk / 58 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

KALECOOL (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

RZZLE DAZZLE (Wigglytuff) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 188 Def / 236 SpA / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

TRANNER (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

420 SWAGDRAG (Hydreigon) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! We now move on to the revisions stage. Post any suggestions you have to make the team better after testing it here and we'll see if we can make it even better qB^7

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT INVOLVED =]

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, as I played with the team I found that beyond Amoonguss, Lucario didn't really need too much help setting up, as with its offensive presence you could often score a few free subs, and the other team members weren't really useful in doing that. My edit to the team is a work in progress and has some flaws of its own, but the goal was p. much to give the team more offensive presence while making minimal changes, so you can check it out here.

Note this is just a pre-look as I have yet to use this team (I will legitimately test it in a bit).

I think one of this team's bigger problems is lacking overall offensive presence. Lucario obv loves the support, but from my experience using the Lucario set, it benefits from dangerous partners to really "scare" the opposition into switching out and giving it Substitute opportunities. For instance if you look at the team, Lucario is the only Pokemon that really stands out for getting a lot of OHKOs (Heatran and Hydreigon can get some too potentially, but note Hydreigon won't actually be doing very heavy damage without a Life Orb or Specs or etc). I think this is just something to keep in mind while testing out the team.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have yet to test the team out as well, but Nollan's concerns are legitimate. Though, it might not be that big of a problem, and depending on your playstyle, the structure could both hurt and help. The team doesn't synergize too well with Lucario, but it certainly synergizes quite well with itself. From a first impression, the team looks more like a bulky-attacking team that has a Mega Lucario for a cleanup / sweep, as opposed to a Mega Lucario-centered team where the role of every Pokemon is to support the main sweeper. Thus, if you are more accustomed to the former playstyle, it may be easier to make the switch and put MLuc on the sidelines. Just a thought.

Question: for what reason is Wigglytuff put on the team as opposed to something like Sylveon? The advantage in bulk is only noticeable on the special side and even then barely so; in contrast, Sylveon is significantly more powerful and also faster. Competitive doesn't stand as a reason either, as the team is dominantly special oriented and has nothing to fair from Intimidate. Coverage is not a reason either because everything Tuff carries is repetitive (except Thunderbolt I guess). Sylveon helps patch up the problem Nollan brought up; it can reliably OHKO a wide range of threats and pairs very well with Mega Lucario, able to clear both opponents at once while Luc Subs up.

If I were to make a change, the most immediate one would be Wigglytuff --> Sylveon.

Last edited:
Question: for what reason is Wigglytuff put on the team as opposed to something like Sylveon? The advantage in bulk is only noticeable on the special side and even then barely so; in contrast, Sylveon is significantly more powerful and also faster. Competitive doesn't stand as a reason either, as the team is dominantly special oriented and has nothing to fair from Intimidate. Coverage is not a reason either because everything Tuff carries is repetitive (except Thunderbolt I guess). Sylveon helps patch up the problem Nollan brought up; it can reliably OHKO a wide range of threats and pairs very well with Mega Lucario, able to clear both opponents at once while Luc Subs up.

If I were to make a change, the most immediate one would be Wigglytuff --> Sylveon.
Wigglytuff's role is likely centered around keeping Intimidate users out. However, having played the team somewhat, I can definitely tell Wigglytuff appears to be a weak spot overall (just not enough bulk ;-;). The question is whether that Fairy-typing or the Intimidate discouragement is more important, as no other pokemon provide both.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just don't see the point in carrying a Pokemon specifically for the sake of discouraging Intimidate when the team is not even physically attacking. All its got is Mega Lucario's Close Combat, but it can use Flash Cannon just fine, and Gyarados's Waterfall / Stone Edge, but Landorus-T isn't going to be switching into that anyway, and Sylveon flat out counters any Hitmontop anyway. I don't know, that's just how I see it.

Anyway I'm going to write a full report on my experience with the team (note I am the type of guy who changes things up frequently to see whats works and what doesn't work). Also note I was trying to keep the original members as much as possible. I've also recorded the majority of my games just so you guys can potentially make your changes based off of what you see in my games (this is only if you are lazy, however). Finally, note I played out of the majority of the low ladder with my own team just to get into more solid territory.

Test Run #1 (approx. 6 games); high end of low ladder
During the original test run it was pretty clear the team was in need of some improvement. Wigglytuff put in very little work as even when it got +2 (which always happened since no one knew it had Competitive) it was just too slow to really capitalize. Heatran also had more trouble switching in with its minimal bulk investment, which was something I personally did not like. Hydreigon was also struggling to get the OHKOs it often needed to get.

Replays
vs hiphop01
vs Kaisermattia

Resulting Changes (Heatran and Hydreigon replaced)

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

I honestly opted for this simply because I liked the offensive presence Eruption could provide.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Earth Power was used over Fire Blast because I felt the team really struggled against Heatran if it was supported by Amoonguss per se; I concede this is based off of theory as I didn't run into those but those two are common together so I figured having a lot of ways to hit Heatran would allow me to take my time vs Amoonguss and then have enough options around to beat a Heatran behind a Substitute.

Test Run #2 (approx. 5 games); low ladder to mid ladder; ranked #243 at end; 1 loss thus far
Eruption Heatran put in a lot of work, but I did feel it wasn't as necessary change and something more of preference. Hydreigon worked far better with LO; getting the OHKOs it needed to get vs Trick Room teams among other things. Wigglytuff remained a problem and while Taunt was great in certain matchups (Trick Room especially) I wasn't getting the results I wanted from Gyarados, either. At the end of the day, I conceded that Wigglytuff couldn't stay if it wasn't able to help do any of the jobs it was supposed to do.

Replays
vs galioneg
vs Kwame120
vs Kaito Satoshi

Resulting Changes (Wigglytuff removed; Gyarados and Heatran replaced)

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Def / 192 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

I essentially decided swapping to Eruptran was very premature so went back to the original, but I changed to a bulkier spread that could tank a 252+ Lando-T Superpower, while giving me some more bulk to work with (in relation to the 56 HP variant).

Wigglytuff
Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Quite the unusual pick you would probably think, but there were two things going through my head when making this choice: A) provide a Fighting-type resistance and/or beat Fighting-types offensively, B) beat Scarf Lando-T for Lucario. Thundurus-T provides both of these, being able to outspeed 252+ Scarf Lando and OHKO with HP Ice. It also can keep offensive momentum going with Volt Switch which just allows it to help the team move around a bit faster which from my experience was something I would have liked to do in many situations. It also provided another counter for Talonburd which Lucario absolutely hates (as does Amoonguss).

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Basically I went with a hybrid support + Dragon Dance set (dropped TWave because I don't like how it interferes with Spore though TWave over Protect was something I considered). EVs allow Gyara to beat our Mega Luke by 1 point after Dragon Dance, while it has just enough attack to OHKO 180 HP Heatran with Waterfall at +1. Taunt is there to shut down WoW and Spore and what not (common methods of stopping/slowing down DDance Gyara)

Test Run #3 (approx. 7 games); mid ladder; ranked #304 at end; 4 losses thus far
As I got higher it seemed I couldn't win games as often since I lacked powerful physical attackers (lost to Light Screen Klefki + Stored Power CM Meowstic ;-;), I didn't really know what I could do to improve at this point but I just went with some slight changes. I also held back from any huge changes as I was playing really subpar this run, dropping 1 of my games entirely due to a misplay.

Replays
vs Hogan
vs dabeast2003
vs Escama
vs Aerogon
vs pikapip1010

Resulting Changes
(Gyarados and Heatran replaced)

Went back to the Eruptran set, wanting that raw power (I missed the WIN BUTTON tbch ;-;)

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Atk / 168 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Swagger

Went back to the support set finding that the speed control was important, but used Icy Wind to avoid TWave and Spore messing w/ eachother. Swagger was the final slot since I saw nothing else to really put there (besides Protect which from experience w/ bulky Gyara I rarely use; Protect is an option I'd say however), and it does make life easier against special attackers (mixes somewhat well with the fact it weakens physical attackers with Intimidate).

Final Run (approx. 10 games); mid ladder to high ladder; ranked #37 at end; 4 overall losses
The slight changes helped a lot, as the lineup went 10 games with no losses (then I stopped so have yet to lose basically). With its massive bulk Gyarados put in a lot of work, throwing out Icy Winds to slow down the opposition whenever given the opportunity, while shutting down TR with Taunt. Even Swagger had some use; making Aegislash in particular cringe.

Final Score: 31-4-0 with 1610 ELO

Replays
vs suplee0215
vs Shaian
vs hashtag smogon
vs Gentleman Vi (he gets swag points for using an awesome VGC team jsyk)
vs Izinski
vs Escama (r2)
vs Yuga of CS10K

Final Results

I am Legend (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Protect

Benja's Mother (Gyarados) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Swagger

Fangame "Counter" (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Win Button (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

PuppetShows (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Overall while many changes has a bit of preference to them, I think all of them really helped this team get to the point where it made it past the top 50 marker (and can potentially make it further). I'd also like to apologize for replacing Wigglytuff, but as many replays demonstrate it just didn't have the bulk it needed and was easily wiped out by double targets. As per the changes, Thundurus-T was just amazing, providing a way to get rid of Lando-T before it could do anything. It also could pivot into anything I needed to get in, which was great. Gyarados worked better with Icy Wind from my experience, though you could replace Swagger with Stone Edge if you wanted to; that option was just preferable for me really. Life Orb on Hydreigon was without question better; Hydreigon definitely wants the power rather than the ability to tank Fighting-type attacks. Eruptran was definitely better, as with Thundy-T around hitting Lando-T is not neccessary, and Dragons would still take low damage from HP Ice since it has a lack 60bp. Eruption was an amazing option vs sun and Trick Room, and having that ability to do massive damage onto both foes really gave the team more offensive presence. I managed to keep 2 sets 100% the same, which given how much I like to toy around with teams is a big plus for me I'd say.

I must say, this team definitely took a new approach to the meta in comparison to what I usually see, slowing down the opposition through Icy Wind and Spore while letting heavy hitters like Hydreigon and Lucario plow through teams. Most teams work off of priority and Fake Out support to get that big damage in, so it was a nice change of pace (for me at least).

Anyways, hopefully this provided some nice insight to the team and the process I went through to eventually get it past that top 50 marker.

Anyway I'm going to write a full report on my experience with the team (note I am the type of guy who changes things up frequently to see whats works and what doesn't work). Also note I was trying to keep the original members as much as possible. I've also recorded the majority of my games just so you guys can potentially make your changes based off of what you see in my games (this is only if you are lazy, however). Finally, note I played out of the majority of the low ladder with my own team just to get into more solid territory.

Test Run #1 (approx. 6 games); high end of low ladder
During the original test run it was pretty clear the team was in need of some improvement. Wigglytuff put in very little work as even when it got +2 (which always happened since no one knew it had Competitive) it was just too slow to really capitalize. Heatran also had more trouble switching in with its minimal bulk investment, which was something I personally did not like. Hydreigon was also struggling to get the OHKOs it often needed to get.

Replays
vs hiphop01
vs Kaisermattia

Resulting Changes (Heatran and Hydreigon replaced)

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

I honestly opted for this simply because I liked the offensive presence Eruption could provide.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Earth Power was used over Fire Blast because I felt the team really struggled against Heatran if it was supported by Amoonguss per se; I concede this is based off of theory as I didn't run into those but those two are common together so I figured having a lot of ways to hit Heatran would allow me to take my time vs Amoonguss and then have enough options around to beat a Heatran behind a Substitute.

Test Run #2 (approx. 5 games); low ladder to mid ladder; ranked #243 at end; 1 loss thus far
Eruption Heatran put in a lot of work, but I did feel it wasn't as necessary change and something more of preference. Hydreigon worked far better with LO; getting the OHKOs it needed to get vs Trick Room teams among other things. Wigglytuff remained a problem and while Taunt was great in certain matchups (Trick Room especially) I wasn't getting the results I wanted from Gyarados, either. At the end of the day, I conceded that Wigglytuff couldn't stay if it wasn't able to help do any of the jobs it was supposed to do.

Replays
vs galioneg
vs Kwame120
vs Kaito Satoshi

Resulting Changes (Wigglytuff removed; Gyarados and Heatran replaced)

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Def / 192 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

I essentially decided swapping to Eruptran was very premature so went back to the original, but I changed to a bulkier spread that could tank a 252+ Lando-T Superpower, while giving me some more bulk to work with (in relation to the 56 HP variant).

Wigglytuff
Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Quite the unusual pick you would probably think, but there were two things going through my head when making this choice: A) provide a Fighting-type resistance and/or beat Fighting-types offensively, B) beat Scarf Lando-T for Lucario. Thundurus-T provides both of these, being able to outspeed 252+ Scarf Lando and OHKO with HP Ice. It also can keep offensive momentum going with Volt Switch which just allows it to help the team move around a bit faster which from my experience was something I would have liked to do in many situations. It also provided another counter for Talonburd which Lucario absolutely hates (as does Amoonguss).

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Basically I went with a hybrid support + Dragon Dance set (dropped TWave because I don't like how it interferes with Spore though TWave over Protect was something I considered). EVs allow Gyara to beat our Mega Luke by 1 point after Dragon Dance, while it has just enough attack to OHKO 180 HP Heatran with Waterfall at +1. Taunt is there to shut down WoW and Spore and what not (common methods of stopping/slowing down DDance Gyara)

Test Run #3 (approx. 7 games); mid ladder; ranked #304 at end; 4 losses thus far
As I got higher it seemed I couldn't win games as often since I lacked powerful physical attackers (lost to Light Screen Klefki + Stored Power CM Meowstic ;-;), I didn't really know what I could do to improve at this point but I just went with some slight changes. I also held back from any huge changes as I was playing really subpar this run, dropping 1 of my games entirely due to a misplay.

Replays
vs Hogan
vs dabeast2003
vs Escama
vs Aerogon
vs pikapip1010
Resulting Changes (Gyarados and Heatran replaced)

Went back to the Eruptran set, wanting that raw power (I missed the WIN BUTTON tbch ;-;)

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Swagger

Went back to the support set finding that the speed control was important, but used Icy Wind to avoid TWave and Spore messing w/ eachother. Swagger was the final slot since I saw nothing else to really put there (besides Protect which from experience w/ bulky Gyara I rarely use; Protect is an option I'd say however), and it does make life easier against special attackers (mixes somewhat well with the fact it weakens physical attackers with Intimidate).

Final Run (approx. 10 games); mid ladder to high ladder; ranked #37 at end; 4 overall losses
The slight changes helped a lot, as the lineup went 10 games with no losses (then I stopped so have yet to lose basically). With its massive bulk Gyarados put in a lot of work, throwing out Icy Winds to slow down the opposition whenever given the opportunity, while shutting down TR with Taunt. Even Swagger had some use; making Aegislash in particular cringe.

Final Score: 31-4-0 with 1610 ELO

Replays
vs suplee0215
vs Shaian
vs hashtag smogon
vs Gentleman Vi (he gets swag points for using an awesome VGC team jsyk)
vs Izinski
vs Escama (r2)
vs Yuga of CS10K

Final Results

I am Legend (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Protect

Benja's Mother (Gyarados) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Swagger

Fangame "Counter" (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Win Button (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

PuppetShows (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Overall while many changes has a bit of preference to them, I think all of them really helped this team get to the point where it made it past the top 50 marker (and can potentially make it further). I'd also like to apologize for replacing Wigglytuff, but as many replays demonstrate it just didn't have the bulk it needed and was easily wiped out by double targets. As per the changes, Thundurus-T was just amazing, providing a way to get rid of Lando-T before it could do anything. It also could pivot into anything I needed to get in, which was great. Gyarados worked better with Icy Wind from my experience, though you could replace Swagger with Stone Edge if you wanted to; that option was just preferable for me really. Life Orb on Hydreigon was without question better; Hydreigon definitely wants the power rather than the ability to tank Fighting-type attacks. Eruptran was definitely better, as with Thundy-T around hitting Lando-T is not neccessary, and Dragons would still take low damage from HP Ice since it has a lack 60bp. Eruption was an amazing option vs sun and Trick Room, and having that ability to do massive damage onto both foes really gave the team more offensive presence. I managed to keep 2 sets 100% the same, which given how much I like to toy around with teams is a big plus for me I'd say.

I must say, this team definitely took a new approach to the meta in comparison to what I usually see, slowing down the opposition through Icy Wind and Spore while letting heavy hitters like Hydreigon and Lucario plow through teams. Most teams work off of priority and Fake Out support to get that big damage in, so it was a nice change of pace (for me at least).

Anyways, hopefully this provided some nice insight to the team and the process I went through to eventually get it past that top 50 marker.
Can't a well played Terrakion kinda shit on half of this team? pls explain.

Also nickname Thundy-T "rawr"

Can't a well played Terrakion kinda shit on half of this team? pls explain.

Also nickname Thundy-T "rawr"
Will do.

Terrakion has trouble vs this team bcuz Amoonguss gives it trouble with Rage Powder, while Lucario and Thundy-T both outspeed and OHKO. Sash Terrakion can be more of a problem, though if I get an Icy Wind off with Gyara or Spore off with Amoonguss its usually not an issue to beat from there. Also Heatran and Hydreigon can both take a CC from Sash Terrakion after Intimidate, so there are plenty of ways to deal with it. Overall, Terrakion shouldn't be that large of an issue bar multiple flinches, which means Rock Slide is more the issue than Terrakion (and Rock Slide is an issue for almost any team tbch; Rock Slide sux).

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
WE HAD AN IMPROMPTU TEAMBUILDING SESSION EARLIER IN THE PS! ROOM AND THIS IS WHAT WE CAME UP WITH!

Mooga Mawile :3 (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Iron Head

:I (Gyarados) @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Crash Bandicoot (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Past is Prologue (Cresselia) (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 44 SpA / 112 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Benja is lame (Heatran) @ Charcoal
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Unicorn (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Mostly,the team just built around to attack stuff as possible. There are some hints of synergy, but it's really just clearing out the way for a Pokemon to finish as needed, setting up Trick Room along the way as the situation calls for it.

: We got to start somewhere. Mostly, it just takes out things with powerful attacks, Intimidate being the icing in the cake.
: Bulky Water-type. We picked it up because Mawile has problems with Landorus-T and Heatran. It's also immune to Ground, which helps when switching into Earthquakes. Intimidate is a useful ability as well.
: After the last two, we're kind of prone to Bisharp and Rotom-A. Conkeldurr beats both while also helping against Heatran and Ferrothorn and serving as a sponge to status such as Burn aimed at Mawile.
: Since the team is on the slow side, we opted to pick Trick Room as Speed Control with Cresselia as the setter.
: Check to Sun teams and another Steel-type remover for Mawile. Can also switch in on Fire-typed attacks and is a strong attacker in general.
: Gotta go fast. Checks a lot of stuff and is the team's fastest member without Trick Room up.

: Standard 252 with Speed Creep on Azumarill and other Mawile. Not much else to say.
: Speed Creep on things that beat Rotom-A and hits them hard. The rest of the EVs are invested on Attack and HP to be powerful and bulky
: Analysis spread. The EV spread lets it live a Psyshock from LO Latios or 2 Heat Waves in the sun from Timid Mega Charizard Y.
: Analysis spread. Let's it be as bulky as possible, being significantly difficult to take down with Special-based attacks.
: Outspeeds Timid Breloom. \o/
: Outspeeds Adamant Scarf Landorus-T. =]

But that's not all! Feel free to make suggestions to make the team better. Thanks to everyone there :D

Last edited:

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HELLO my name is xzern and i will be reviving and hosting this with approval from the doubles room staff team and pwnemon. This post will serve as the interchangeable schedule for group teambuilding sessions and as a storage for logs and teams during the sessions. Room staff, PM me your logs and the team to have it added here, I'll make sure to include the name of the staff member that hosted the session. Alternatively, just post here.

Current Schedule: Saturday at 8PM EST

click the teams to view the importables/the post about the team
NEW: the teams with the red checkmarks are fully competitively viable, easy to use, super good, and xzern-Brand Approved. you are encouraged to use them as a sample team for staring out the metagame or just for fun! the other teams can be used, too, but they might not be too suited for newer players.​

1st Teambuilding 2/5/15, hosted by xzern

--------------------------------------

2nd Teambuilding 2/7/15, hosted by xzern

3rd Teambuilding 2/14/15, hosted by the extemely cute qsns

4th Teambuilding 2/15/15, hosted by xzern

5th Teambuilding 2/21/15, hosted by xzern

6th Teambuilding 2/21/15, hosted by xzern

7th Teambuilding 2/21/15, hosted by shrop05 and Memoric

8th Teambuilding 3/14/15, hosted by Hashtag

Last edited:
Maybelline (Ampharos) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Protect

free hugs (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

hip hop (Politoed) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 13 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

farcticblast (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Muddy Water
- Protect

KACAW (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

voyager (Cresselia) (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 44 SpA / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room

hi n_n i hosted this session because xzern had to do something. we wanted to build around mega amphy but i ruled against full tr because it's boring as shit to build. we ended up with semi tr anyways which is p cool and it fits the team structure pretty well. ampharos outspeeds azu and politoed underspeeds eruptran + lives kang double edge (sexy spread by # smogon). honestly its a pretty nifty team with 0 shitty gimmicks, unlike sd keldeo :]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-210987119 game vs roxer with the team. choked on pretty big dicks at the end of the match but it wouldnt have happened if muddy water hadn't missed >:( feel free to run fkn wide lens on kingdra if you want

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just used that team to win a roomtour (with the help of amazing skill) and it's pretty solid but:
- Ferro's set is dumb, just use the standard set (Whip / Gyro / Leech Seed / Protect). Rocky Helmet is kind of clutch though, worth using over Lum perhaps.
- double Helping Hand lol use Encore on Toed

I did run into Wide Guard, which made Hydro Pump on Kingdra pretty nice (as opposed to something like Sub). It also does massive damage to Aegislash which is always a plus.

I just used that team to win a roomtour (with the help of amazing skill) and it's pretty solid but:
- Ferro's set is dumb, just use the standard set (Whip / Gyro / Leech Seed / Protect). Rocky Helmet is kind of clutch though, worth using over Lum perhaps.
- double Helping Hand lol use Encore on Toed

I did run into Wide Guard, which made Hydro Pump on Kingdra pretty nice (as opposed to something like Sub). It also does massive damage to Aegislash which is always a plus.
1. agreed, ferros set was added before tr was. its kind of neat without it though ~_~
2. sigh i kinda like double helping hand but if you like encore go ahead

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

gengarr (Gengar) @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

SHROOMCHUBBY (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect

STRATOS LOVES D (Gyarados) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Facade

feed me jews (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 200 HP / 88 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

pikov (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

kyubey (Sylveon) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-212805781

hi we're going to be switching the schedule over to accompany only saturdays at approx. 8pm est now to accommodate the large amount of users on at that time. for anyone interested in participating, all you need to do is join the doubles room at 8PM EST and remind a staff member that a workshop should be on if not already. this team, we just made today. it uses a radical core of breloom+gengar and it isn't that bad. we had a really fun time building this one. try it out on the ladder sometime!

edit: check post 139 for some updates !_!

Last edited:

xzern

for sure

darude (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect

DUDUDUDUDUDU (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

m'lady (Jellicent) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

Is ttar -speed? (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

nlowjb (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

mixtape (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

this saturday, we made a less-than-cancerous semi-tr sand team. we started with the ttar + exca core, but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. finally added trick room jellicent, so we had the rest of our team be more inclined to work under trick room.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)