DP Research Thread #2 ("New")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A joint research by me and X-Act with some pretty interesting results

Spit Up: I've heard reports that it is 50, 100, and 200 power, rather than 50, 100, and 150. This would match Swallow's healing percentages being 25%, 50%, 100%, but I'd like confirmation.

SPIT UP
Stockpiled 1 Spit Up = 100 BP
Stockpiled 2 Spit Up = 200 BP
Stockpiled 3 Spit Up = 300 BP

spit up ignores the random number between 85 and 100 in the damage formula, as I only got max damage = 27, 52 and 78 in a test where a lv.31 carnivine with 61sA attacked a 67sD chatot

SWALLOW:
Stockpiled 1 Swallow = ¼ HP recovery
Stockpiled 2 Swallow = ½ HP recovery
Stockpiled 3 Swallow = recovers to full HP (I got 16/96 -> 96/96 which is 83%, so it´s definitely more than ¾ HP)

Trump Card:

5 PP : 40 BP
4 PP : 50 BP
3 PP : 60 BP
2 PP : 80 BP
1 PP : 200 BP

and another one by me alone

Taunt: Does it block Metal Burst, Endeavor, or Pain Split?

-> does NOT block metal burst, endeavor and bide
-> blocks pain split (a torment, d-bond, imprison, pain split duskull struggled)

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To add to the Trump Card information, Trump Card's base power behaves differently against a Pokemon having the Pressure ability. Against such a Pokemon, its BP becomes as if it had 1 PP less.

So against a Pressure Pokemon, Trump Card's base power is:

6-8 PP: 40
5 PP: 50
4 PP: 60
3 PP: 80
1-2 PP: 200

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you sure it's not a "If the PP becomes 0 after using this move, you have 200 power" kind of thing? The only difference is using Sleep Talk and having it select Trump Card, I think.

Actually, that raises an interesting question. What is Trump Card's interaction with Assist, Sleep Talk, Metronome, and Me First? Can it be selected by all of those, and, for those it can be selected by, does it use the PP of the move that selects it, does it always have a fixed power, or does it use the PP of Trump Card (assuming you have it in the case of Metronome, and possibly in the case of Assist), or, with Assist, does it use the PP of the Pokemon in your party that has this move?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
If you use Trump Card via Sleep Talk, it will use Sleep Talk's PP to determine the base power. I used up all the PP from Trump Card then used it via Sleep Talk for very little damage when Sleep Talk had 10 PP. For the last PP of Sleep Talk, Trump Card did a large amount of damage. This was against CPU opponents do I don't have any hard numbers.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Are you sure it's not a "If the PP becomes 0 after using this move, you have 200 power" kind of thing? The only difference is using Sleep Talk and having it select Trump Card, I think.

Actually, that raises an interesting question. What is Trump Card's interaction with Assist, Sleep Talk, Metronome, and Me First? Can it be selected by all of those, and, for those it can be selected by, does it use the PP of the move that selects it, does it always have a fixed power, or does it use the PP of Trump Card (assuming you have it in the case of Metronome, and possibly in the case of Assist), or, with Assist, does it use the PP of the Pokemon in your party that has this move?
That is a VERY good strand of thoughts, and I'll test it using my sister's DS as soon as I possibly can.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I recall correctly, Pressure never effects Sleep Talk, so it could make a difference.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Xenesis asked earlier if OHKO attacks ignore standard Accuracy/Evade modifiers. It can confirm that it ignores Evade up modifiers.

Lv100 Umbreon uses Double Team 6 times and puts up a sub. Lv100 Walrein uses Sheer Cold on the Umbreon.

7/20 hit. Expectation was accuracy to be 10% or for 2/20 to hit.

I'm a bit confused here...

Super Luck + Scope Lens with normal moves: 11/56, 21/56, 21/56, 7/32, 9/32, 9/32, 15/32 = 93/296 (31.4%)

Super Luck + Scope Lens + Night Slash (a high CH move): 5/24, 5/24, 7/24, 8/24, 10/24, 8/24, 7/24, 8/24 = 58/192 (30.2%)
Why is the CH % higher for normal moves in this situation than for Night Slash?

Peterko

Never give up!
the first "should" be 25%, the second 33%, the only reason I can come up with is that I was very lucky (RNG was playing with me) when testing super luck + scope lens, there are quite different results, 11/56 and then 21/56, 7-9-9/32 and then 15/32, I remember getting crazy 8-9 CHs in a row twice during these tests, which pretty much screwed the accuracy of the results (maybe you could test it and it would be 25%)

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you use Trump Card via Sleep Talk, it will use Sleep Talk's PP to determine the base power. I used up all the PP from Trump Card then used it via Sleep Talk for very little damage when Sleep Talk had 10 PP. For the last PP of Sleep Talk, Trump Card did a large amount of damage. This was against CPU opponents do I don't have any hard numbers.
So that means Trump Card uses the PP of the move used to invoke it to determine its Base Power.

Big Bayou said:
I'm a bit confused here...

Super Luck + Scope Lens with normal moves: 11/56, 21/56, 21/56, 7/32, 9/32, 9/32, 15/32 = 93/296 (31.4%)

Super Luck + Scope Lens + Night Slash (a high CH move): 5/24, 5/24, 7/24, 8/24, 10/24, 8/24, 7/24, 8/24 = 58/192 (30.2%)
Why is the CH % higher for normal moves in this situation than for Night Slash?
As Peterko says, he was probably lucky in the first test and unlucky in the second.

If you use U-Turn on your last pokemon, you don't have to switch. It just works like a normal 70 BP move, so user isn't affected by SR, Spikes or Toxic Spikes.

X-Act

Has it ever been confirmed that Scrappy Miltank/Kangaskhan does supereffective damage to Ghost/Dark Pokemon using a Fighting move?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Has it ever been confirmed that Scrappy Miltank/Kangaskhan does supereffective damage to Ghost/Dark Pokemon using a Fighting move?
I can confirm this. I once hit Footnote's Spiritomb with SE Focus Punch from Kanga.

Peterko

Never give up!
what´s left is in bold

SNATCH

· Aromatherapy -> snatchable
· Aqua Ring -> didn´t snatch
· Bide -> didn´t snatch
· Camouflage -> snatchable (tested by rubberbandman)
· Charge -> snatchable
· Conversion -> didn´t snatch
· Counter -> didn´t snatch
· Defog -> didn´t snatch
· Destiny Bond -> didn´t snatch
· Detect -> went first but didn´t snatch
· Endure -> didn´t snatch
· Follow Me -> didn´t snatch (tested by rubberbandman)
· Gravity -> didn´t snatch
· Grudge -> didn´t snatch
· Heal Block -> affects both foe´s pkmn in 2vs2, didn´t snatch from partner
· Healing Wish -> didn´t snatch
· Helping Hand -> higher priority than snatch
· Imprison -> didn´t snatch
· Ingrain -> snatchable
· Light Screen -> snatchable
· Lucky Chant -> didn´t snatch
· Lunar Dance
· Magic Coat -> didn´t snatch (tested by rubberbandman)
· Magnet Rise -> didn´t snatch
· Metal Burst
· Mirror Coat -> didn´t snatch
· Mist -> snatchable, affects both user´s pkmn in 2vs2
· Moonlight -> snatchable
· Power Trick -> didn´t snatch
· Protect -> went first but didn´t snatch
· Psych Up -> snatchable
· Psycho Shift -> didn´t snatch
· Recover -> snatchable
· Recycle -> didn´t snatch
· Reflect -> snatchable
· Refresh -> snatchable
· Rest -> snatchable
· Role Play -> didn´t snatch
· Roost -> snatchable
· Safeguard -> snatchable
· Stockpile -> snatchable
· Swallow -> snatchable
· Snatch
· Tailwind -> snatchable (tested by rubberbandman)

obi

formerly david stone
For Snatch, I'm particularly interested in something like this...

"Mewtwo used Snatch!
Smeargle used Snatch!
Alakazam used Calm Mind!
Snorlax used Rest!"

Who gets what boosts? On Netbattle in ADV (just for an example of how odd it could be), Mewtwo uses Snatch, then Smeargle uses Snatch, Alakazam Calm Minds, Mewtwo Snatches CM from Alakazam, Smeargle Snatches CM from Mewtwo, Snorlax uses Rest. So the end result: Smeargle gets a CM, Snorlax gets a Rest.

Peterko

Never give up!
thnx rubberbandman

I forgot to add another thing I tested that is mentioned on the first page

Rapid Spin: Does Rapid Spin work when it misses?

-> no it doesn´t (I used a roselia with DT and leech seed, LS stayed when starmie missed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)