end of the world thread

this is not a thread to discuss the validity of the supposed apocalypse on 12/21/12 nor is it meant to be a thread about your opinions on the apocalypse, although these comments are welcome

this is made mainly because in the next three days, people all over the world are eventually going to do some stupid shit (and maybe you will, too!) and you'd like to share

and hey if a bunch of people kill themselves on the 21st because they believe in the apocalypse

at least the world's average IQ is going to go up!

personally i'm still swamped with finals (rutgers doesn't get out until the 21st, grrr) so if we actually do all die in three days i'm going to be pissed that i didn't party more because all my friends are back home already

apart from that the only thing i have worth mentioning is that my little brother is legitimately kinda scared and it's really cute

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I am going out tonight, should be completely off my face. On the other hand ATAR results come out for us Aussies on the 20th.... So when the world does end I might not mind, if I've done badly enough.

and hey if a bunch of people kill themselves on the 21st because they believe in the apocalypse

at least the world's average IQ is going to go up!
This would be a nice Christmas present as long as they aren't fucked up enough to try to bring other people with them. For a large number of reasons I know the world won't end on Friday but I'm still preparing for those idiots who think it is and are planning to do anything they want with no regrets.

Another topic: While Smogon is based out of the United States, there are a large number of Asian users on here, so my question is: On whose 21st is the world ending? Because if I'm 12 hours behind someone else, the world is already halfway through ending for a chunk of the population by the time it starts to end for another. Or does the world only end in the hours in which every time zone is on the 21st?

I know you said not to discuss the apocalypse's possibility, but something's still not clear to me: is it supposed to occur at the beginning of the 21st? Or at the end? Because if it's the latter, then the first day should be tomorrow.

Anyway, my birthday is coming up in this period, so I'll have that. It would be kind of nice to get together with some friends to celebrate, but they'd probably be busy during the day, and I'll just be celebrating with my folks.

I'm somewhat tempted to try and contact an old friend I used to have a crush on. Whether or not that would work, I don't know; we haven't talked in two years, and I'm not entirely sure why. Could be my fault, but maybe she just doesn't like me anymore. I've realized that we're never going to be a couple, but I still had fun hanging around with her and want her as a friend. My high school reunion's coming up, and we're both attending that as far as I know. So I don't know whether it would be better to try and contact her ahead of time or wait until the reunion.

Other than that... I dunno. Maybe I can go after Extra Mode on Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Or actually play Pokemon. Or I might just be drawing. Would like to have some fun, though.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just want chunks of the earth to explode whenever a certain timezone reaches the 21st.

Of course this would probably set the earth spinning off of its proper course but who cares right!? We'd all be dead!

Russia exploding in like 11 different pieces would be like the weirdest thing ever to watch let's do it y/y

My only plans for celebrating the end of the world include bowling. Also probably baking cupcakes. My friends at home are so much more tame than my college friends @.@

EDIT: Glen I <3 The Rules of Attraction can we be friends

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
god says tha t no person will no the day of the apocalypse
not even the myans noobs

Mayan apocalypse? Isn't that that thing you put in sandwiches and egg salad? Personally I hate it; tastes disgusting.

i just hope i can get laid b4 im ded :[
im on a pokemon forum so im off to a great start
pm me ladies

Stratos

Banned deucer.
If the world ends in three days because the moon crashes into the earth with an angry face i will not mind

Wouldn't it be a real bitch if the world ended on the 20th? The idiots would still be wrong but we wouldn't get a chance to go to every apocalyptic youtube vid and post "like this if you're watching after 12\21\12" in the comments.

I feel safe in saying the world is not going to end in a few days time, but sometimes I just can't help but imagine all the things I would have missed out on experiencing if these were our last days.
I guess the one thing I would wish I could have experienced is love. Not a crush or a kind of playground romance, but butterflies in your stomach love.

Yeah idk, post your own I guess.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you guys don't see me after the 21st, just assume that Jesus and his alien friends came down from the sky to harvest my soul because I'm worthy of chillin with him and his homies on a distant planet.

I was hoping to spend the night getting piss drunk hanging out with friends but it looks like that won't happen, so I'll probably just spend it playing pokemon or something.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
My only fear is that stupid people will do stupid shit like Arson and murder sprees on the 21st.

Luckily I live in the middle of nowhere, nowheresville, nowhereland. So hopefully the sheer lack of population will save me from any tragedy.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
If the world ends in three days because the moon crashes into the earth with an angry face i will not mind
yeah i seriously wouldn't mind a death like this either. this plays while everyone is hugging, crying, praying, grabbing a sword, etc.
edit: whoops, forgot pictures in the op

A bunch of friends and I are throwing a little party to celebrate the world's demise. Even if it doesn't end, we still had our party. It's win/win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)