Environment Change!

Let's name the environments as real Pokemon places. "Dragon's Den", for example.
Yeah, I agree. "Dragon's Den" for Dragon Cave, "Mt. Chimney" for Volcano, "Old Chateau" or "Pokémon Mansion" for Cursed Mansion (and maybe "Spear Pillar" for Mountain Peak?), others to suggest?

Last edited:
Eh, I guess you do have a point on Rose Field. I just thought Celebi might be really, really happy about priority Giga Drain after a Nasty Plot, while Mega Sceptile might appreciate priority Leaf Storm. Then again, everything that learns Synthesis is absurdly good with priority Synthesis that restores 75% of their HP, so perhaps that might not be such a good plan….

I suppose giving only Steel-types Filter in Iron Cave makes sense. After all, there are other types (Rock, Psychic, Ice) that benefit from Filter far more than Steel does due to having a ton more weaknesses.

As for Fairy Woods, Fairy-types are already immune to Dragon, so they don't benefit from the nerf to Dragon moves at all. If anything, Dragons themselves benefit most as Dragon is already only used due to being STAB and they appreciate losing the weakness to it.

While I feel Whimsicott will be very powerful in this meta, that won't be due to its stat line. Think of it like Talonflame if Talonflame were special-based with an even worse attacking stat, a worse offensive typing, and less-powerful STAB, but weren't weak to Stealth Rock.
Maybe we can make Iron Cave influence also Rock-type Pokemons, as if their rocks become harder.

Talking about Fairy Woods, you should consider that not only Fairy-types would battle in this environment, so this Dragon-type moves' nerf is comfortable also for the other pokemons. For what concerns flavor, it would be as if a "Fairy Aura"(different from Xerneas' ability), or an "Anti-Dragon Aura" influences Dragons weakening them. But to find a compromise, this nerf can be an accuracy nerf, so Dragon-type moves strike 1 time out of 2, what do you think?

Last edited:
If anything, I would just have fewer environments, and have the ones left over benefit more types at once. If there are only say six environments, building teams around them becomes much more possible. Also, sunny day makes grass types stronger, but also fire types, which balance eachother out. Rain makes water types stronger, but thunder becomes OP. I would take that even farther, so that by boosting multiple types with environments they can counter each other. For example, a canyon that makes rock, ground, and flying types better. The rock types are punished by the ground types, the ground types are punished by the flying types, and the flying types are punished by the rock types. In this way if your team has flying types but your opponent does not, their rock types may still hold you at bay.

Last edited:
I propose that for Mountain Peak, we make Flying-types benefit somewhat, as it is at the "top of the world".

Maybe we can make Iron Cave influence also Rock-type Pokemons, as if their rocks become harder.

Talking about Fairy Woods, you should consider that not only Fairy-types would battle in this environment, so this Dragon-type moves' nerf is comfortable also for the other pokemons. For what concerns flavor, it would be as if a "Fairy Aura"(different from Xerneas' ability), or an "Anti-Dragon Aura" influences Dragons weakening them. But to find a compromise, this nerf can be an accuracy nerf, so Dragon-type moves strike 1 time out of 2, what do you think?
I considered giving Rock-types a Filter boost as well in Iron Cave, but initially decided against it because they would benefit more from Filter than Steel would.

An accuracy nerf for Dragon-type moves would be worse than a damage nerf in my opinion. May as well just keep the damage nerf.

If anything, I would just have fewer environments, and have the ones left over benefit more types at once. If there are only say six environments, building teams around them becomes much more possible. Also, sunny day makes grass types stronger, but also fire types, which balance eachother out. Rain makes water types stronger, but thunder becomes OP. I would take that even farther, so that by boosting multiple types with environments they can counter each other. For example, a canyon that makes rock, ground, and flying types better. The rock types are punished by the ground types, the ground types are punished by the flying types, and the flying types are punished by the rock types. In this way if your team has flying types but your opponent does not, their rock types may still hold you at bay.
Well, it's a quite-good idea, but it would mean changing the entire concept of this Pet Mod. At the moment, I'm not doing it, first of all because I don't want to, we'll see.

I considered giving Rock-types a Filter boost as well in Iron Cave, but initially decided against it because they would benefit more from Filter than Steel would.

An accuracy nerf for Dragon-type moves would be worse than a damage nerf in my opinion. May as well just keep the damage nerf.
Ok, I'll change all the environments' descriptions soon.

Here's an environment I thought of:
Switch-out moves (U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot) gain +1 priority. Grass type moves gain a 20% power boost. All fire moves with accuracy under 90% and any fire type moves that miss trap their targets. Wind related moves (Hurricane, Gust, Twister, Whirlwind, etc.) now cause the user to use razor leaf in addition to the move itself. Nature Power becomes Leaf Tornado, Camouflage changes the user's type to Grass, and Secret Power has the animation of Razor Leaf.

Last edited:
Switch-out moves (U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot) gain +1 priority. Grass type moves gain a 20% power boost. All fire moves with accuracy under 90% and any missed fire type moves that miss trap their targets. Wind related moves (Hurricane, Gust, Twister, Whirlwind, etc.) Nature Power becomes Blade, Camouflage changes the user's type to Grass, and Secret Power has the animation of Razor Leaf.
Your thing there is disorganized and makes like no sense. What about wind-related moves? Does something happen to them? There's a sentence fragment there.

And I presume Nature Power is supposed to become Leaf Blade, rather than just "Blade"? Keep in mind that in Gen VI, Nature Power always calls Special moves. I'd recommend Leaf Tornado if you want a leaf-based Grass-type move to be called by Nature Power.

Your thing there is disorganized and makes like no sense. What about wind-related moves? Does something happen to them? There's a sentence fragment there.

And I presume Nature Power is supposed to become Leaf Blade, rather than just "Blade"? Keep in mind that in Gen VI, Nature Power always calls Special moves. I'd recommend Leaf Tornado if you want a leaf-based Grass-type move to be called by Nature Power.
oops! I'll fix that immediatly

Switch-out moves (U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot) gain +1 priority. Grass type moves gain a 20% power boost. All fire moves with accuracy under 90% and any missed fire type moves that miss trap their targets. Wind related moves (Hurricane, Gust, Twister, Whirlwind, etc.) now cause the user to use razor leaf in addition to the move itself. Nature Power becomes Leaf Tornado, Camouflage changes the user's type to Grass, and Secret Power has the animation of Razor Leaf.
That's not a bad Idea. I'll consider it. We can start some polls to add new environments. Tomorrow I'll set up everything.

I think this is a super cool idea but I worry that the environments are just really complicated maybe? The volcano one for example: grounded pokemon become burned, and moves burn more often, and fire moves get priority, and a couple moves change into different moves, and the camouflage thing. Or the swamp one: everything gets slower, but there's an exception for poison and water types, and also water types are now poison type, and poison moves are stronger (does that include the original water type moves?), and then the secret power and camouflage stuff again. It just seems like a huge amount to keep track of, especially when you want to have 25 different ones and they're going to be different every game.

I think this is a super cool idea but I worry that the environments are just really complicated maybe? The volcano one for example: grounded pokemon become burned, and moves burn more often, and fire moves get priority, and a couple moves change into different moves, and the camouflage thing. Or the swamp one: everything gets slower, but there's an exception for poison and water types, and also water types are now poison type, and poison moves are stronger (does that include the original water type moves?), and then the secret power and camouflage stuff again. It just seems like a huge amount to keep track of, especially when you want to have 25 different ones and they're going to be different every game.
And... what's the matter? I mean, you're saying that I may find some issues to have it coded?

no, I assume coding would be fine. I just think it could be difficult for players to keep track of all the changes in each environment.

hahahaha fair enough <3 In any case I like the idea of randomly-different environments, it's sort of smash bros-ish which is cool. I like the cursed mansion one, especially since it can be beneficial for lots of pokemon and not just one specific type.

hahahaha fair enough <3 In any case I like the idea of randomly-different environments, it's sort of smash bros-ish which is cool. I like the cursed mansion one, especially since it can be beneficial for lots of pokemon and not just one specific type.
Thank you ^^

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had nothing to do and this thread seemed popular and interesting so I decided I could try to think of an environment.
I dislike how most things seem to be specified on one type, so here I go:

Foggy Cave
- Lowers Evasion of all Pokemon by 1 Stage. (Not Accuracy as that's just annoying, Evasion 'cause you don't see where the move comes from)
- Pokemon with Keen Eye have their Speed raised by 1 Stage. (They can still see, so they can strike more quickly.)
- Crit rate is lowered by 1 Stage (You can't precisely try to target weak spots)
- Flying Type moves get more power, but get -1 Priority. (Fog has to do with clouds, which have to do with wind. Also they have to watch out, so are slower, but can focus more on hitting hard.)
- Ground types don't get their accuracy lowered as they're usually under the ground.
- Rock types get 1/16th of their HP back every turn. (Because it's in a cave)

Couldn't think of anything better rn, but I hope this is decent.

I had nothing to do and this thread seemed popular and interesting so I decided I could try to think of an environment.
I dislike how most things seem to be specified on one type, so here I go:

Foggy Cave
- Lowers Evasion of all Pokemon by 1 Stage. (Not Accuracy as that's just annoying, Evasion 'cause you don't see where the move comes from)
- Pokemon with Keen Eye have their Speed raised by 1 Stage. (They can still see, so they can strike more quickly.)
- Crit rate is lowered by 1 Stage (You can't precisely try to target weak spots)
- Flying Type moves get more power, but get -1 Priority. (Fog has to do with clouds, which have to do with wind. Also they have to watch out, so are slower, but can focus more on hitting hard.)
- Ground types don't get their accuracy lowered as they're usually under the ground.
- Rock types get 1/16th of their HP back every turn. (Because it's in a cave)

Couldn't think of anything better rn, but I hope this is decent.
What about Camouflage, Secret Power and Nature Power, which effects would you suggest?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What about Camouflage, Secret Power and Nature Power, which effects would you suggest?
Oh forgot about them.
Camouflage could make the user Flying, rock or Normal Type, idrm either. Fog is kinda normalish, Flying because it's a cloud and Rock because it's in a cave. You can choose about that one.
Secret Power could take the animation of Aeroblast and lower evasion (30%)?
Nature Power could become Defog.
That said, Defog should take the all effects away imo! (Maybe for 5 turns?)

Oh forgot about them.
Camouflage could make the user Flying, rock or Normal Type, idrm either. Fog is kinda normalish, Flying because it's a cloud and Rock because it's in a cave. You can choose about that one.
Secret Power could take the animation of Aeroblast and lower evasion (30%)?
Nature Power could become Defog.
That said, Defog should take the all effects away imo! (Maybe for 5 turns?)
Defog can take away all the effects, but Nature Power must become a special attacking

Snaquaza

KACAW
Defog can take away all the effects, but Nature Power must become a special attacking
Why does Nature Power have to be special attack? In Gen 5 it became Earthquake as well.
If you absolutely want it to become a Special Attack, it could be Air Cutter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)