Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Has anyone else attempted to email the company about not getting their Heatran/Regi codes (I'm still somewhat determined to get mine)? I emailed them on the 1st, and they still haven't gotten back to me even though they say they "strive to get back to you in 48 hours." Not complaining, but according to serebii the codes expire sometime in mid-june so if they're still trying to get some out I hope they do so by then, but even that's pretty unlikely. Also, Zeraora hype.
Yup, here's how my messages went:

Pikachu315111 said:
Hello, I had signed up for the newsletter (actually I've been signed up to get newsletter for several years, though I had updated my email address a few weeks before the due date for the recent newsletter) but never received it (nor the promotional code for Regigigas/Heatran). All I ask is to be sent my copy of the newsletter, thank you.
The Pokémon Company International Support Team said:
Hello, Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

We're sorry to hear that you didn't get the newsletter! Customers who did not sign up for a PTC account and ‘opt-in’ for marketing email messages prior to the first of the month will not start receiving newsletters until the following month. Unfortunately, we are not able to resend or generate newsletters for any player. If you did sign up and ‘opt-in’ before the beginning of the month, please try the troubleshooting steps below.

• If you have not received your newsletter, there are a number of things you can check.
  • The Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter may be filtered as “promotional material” or “spam” by many email service providers.
  • If you use a Yahoo or Microsoft email such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com, or outlook.com, be sure to check your spam and/or junk folder regularly. If the newsletter is in this folder, make sure to mark it as “not spam” to be able to view the newsletter and to receive it in your regular inbox going forward. If you have the “Focused Inbox” enabled, toggle to the “Other” view to check for the newsletter there.
  • If you use Google Gmail or an email that runs through Gmail, the newsletter will very likely be sent to your Promotions tab (rather than the default Primary tab).
  • Make sure to open the newsletter when you receive it. Deleting the newsletter without opening it can teach your email service provider to treat future newsletters as junk and stop forwarding them to you.
  • Add pokemon@email.pokemon.com to your email address book. Adding an address manually to your address book identifies the email as safe to deliver to your inbox.

Feel free to contact us again if you have more questions! Thank you.
Pikachu315111 said:
I looked through all my folders. Main, promotional, trash; it wasn't in any (I also checked the previous email the newsletter was sent to and it's not there either). I got the email confirming my email change (February 22nd) so I did sign up for the newsletter before March (the E-Mail Preference box to receive promotional material is checked on my Trainer Club account). Am I correct that was all I needed to do? Am I on the newsletters mailing list, can you please check that?

I don't see why you can't resend the newsletter. If I'm on the mailing list, all you would have to do is find my email, [email address redacted], on the newsletter's mailing list and resend the one you sent me.

I'm sorry to push this but if any other giveaways are done via the Newsletter I would like to have this matter resolved now rather than risk missing out on another giveaway.
The Pokémon Company International Support Team said:
Hello Trainer, thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

In order to better serve you, we are forwarding this ticket to a dedicated team for further processing and assistance.

Due to high ticket volumes, a response and/or resolution may take longer than normal. We apologize for the delay and the team will contact you as soon as updates are available.

Thank you again for your patience.
And that was the last I heard of them, that last message being sent to me on March 20th.

EDIT: Thanks Max. Optimizer for telling me I probably should have redacted my email. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Holy Arceus! I just got a response back and you won't believe what it says:

The Pokemon Company said:
Your Pokémon support ticket has been marked as Resolved.

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the March newsletter. We understand that you had an issue with the March newsletter distribution and would like to assure you that we are investigating the cause of this problem. No further action is required from you at this time. We would also like to provide a March newsletter code to unlock a Legendary Pokemon - either Regigigas (Pokémon Ultra Sun) or Heatran (Pokémon Ultra Moon).

Your code is: (Code)

To redeem your code:
  1. Open your Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, or Pokémon Ultra Moon game.
  2. Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
  3. Select Receive Gift.
  4. Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, then Yes again to connect to the internet.
  5. Enter your code.
  6. Watch as you receive your Pokémon!
  7. Resume the game, make sure you have an empty space in your party, and speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to receive your Pokémon!
  8. Be sure to save your game!
Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,
The Pokémon Company International Support Team
Yup, they sent me a code! :D I wonder if they generated a new code or if this was just an unredeemed code. Hopefully they'll also discover why some newsletters weren't sent (or hopefully just decide to scrap the newsletter altogether).

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Holy Arceus! I just got a response back and you won't believe what it says:

Yup, they sent me a code! :D I wonder if they generated a new code or if this was just an unredeemed code. Hopefully they'll also discover why some newsletters weren't sent (or hopefully just decide to scrap the newsletter altogether).
Hopefully they'll send codes to all the users who opted in to e-mails before march 1st, find out what went wrong in the newsletter and greatly improve it. Or, more conveniently, just post a universal code on their site. Also grats on the code

Hopefully they'll send codes to all the users who opted in to e-mails before march 1st, find out what went wrong in the newsletter and greatly improve it. Or, more conveniently, just post a universal code on their site. Also grats on the code
I'd rather a universal code on PGL, honestly. Maybe we'll still see that happen later down the line.

I think I should post here: KOR Shiny Poipole is available to obtain through a serial code that can be obtained online.

Here the link: http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/news/786

You will have to answer a question, with the following answer: 용의파동

Credits for the answer go to /u/mayu_s, a reddit user

You can obtain max 4 codes every 24 hours for every connection (i tried with pc and wi-fi, and mobile phone with its connection, i received 9 codes, dunno why 5 with phone, need to be tested)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think I should post here: KOR Shiny Poipole is available to obtain through a serial code that can be obtained online.

Here the link: http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/news/786

You will have to answer a question, with the following answer: 용의파동

Credits for the answer go to /u/mayu_s, a reddit user

You can obtain max 4 codes every 24 hours for every connection (i tried with pc and wi-fi, and mobile phone with its connection, i received 9 codes, dunno why 5 with phone, need to be tested)
NOTE: You do need a Korean copy of the game though. Tried redeeming a code with mine and says it was unable. Guess I'll just have to wait for the English distribution, right Pokemon USA?... Right?... RIGHT?!...

NOTE: You do need a Korean copy of the game though. Tried redeeming a code with mine and says it was unable. Guess I'll just have to wait for the English distribution, right Pokemon USA?... Right?... RIGHT?!...
Please edit your sig where it talks about the Ph.D Pikachu, it's long gone now.

"For those of you in the United States, the latest distribution to celebrate the Year of Legendary Pokémon has begun. This distribution is available at Target stores where you'll receive serial codes and runs until April 29th." ~ Serebii

One week to get your dogs. Have fun

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
"For those of you in the United States, the latest distribution to celebrate the Year of Legendary Pokémon has begun. This distribution is available at Target stores where you'll receive serial codes and runs until April 29th." ~ Serebii

One week to get your dogs. Have fun
thanks for the reminder! Too bad the entei is p much useless for us players

thanks for the reminder! Too bad the entei is p much useless for us players
Raikou isn't much better for Ultra Moon, as it really wants a Timid nature and HP Ice, and Synchronize still doesn't work on Mystery Gifts. At least by having both you can potentially find Suicune, which has little trouble putting its bulk to good use.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
Raikou isn't much better for Ultra Moon, as it really wants a Timid nature and HP Ice, and Synchronize still doesn't work on Mystery Gifts. At least by having both you can potentially find Suicune, which has little trouble putting its bulk to good use.
True, synchronize doesn't work, but you could always learn RNG manipulation

From May 4 to 27, Xerneas/Yveltal serial codes will be available through GameStop. (and presumably its equivalent stores elsewhere that held the Dialga/Palkia codes in February) This is according to some promotional material they put out a bit early, as reported by Serebii.

Oh yeah, and the Pokemon Center 20th anniversary Shaymin event in Japan has started, and runs until June 30. It's level 20 with Celebrate and holding an Everstone.

From May 4 to 27, Xerneas/Yveltal serial codes will be available through GameStop. (and presumably its equivalent stores elsewhere that held the Dialga/Palkia codes in February) This is according to some promotional material they put out a bit early, as reported by Serebii.

Oh yeah, and the Pokemon Center 20th anniversary Shaymin event in Japan has started, and runs until June 30. It's level 20 with Celebrate and holding an Everstone.
Two more event mons I cannot get...

Now, why does Shaymin hold an Everstone? Is it some joke I don't get?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
With this, they have also put out a special Battle Video that showcases Zeraora's strengths as well as allowing you to have a mock battle against it. The code is QKUW-WWWW-WWWL-J5TL which can be accessed through the PC in Festival Plaza. The Zeraora in the battle has an Air Balloon and the moves Plasma Fists, Close Combat, Thunder Punch & Thunder and could be the one being distributed at a later point.
This... IS BRILLIANT!

What better way to show off what the Pokemon can do before releasing than by letting you battle it via a mock trainer battle with it! They should do this with all future mythical Pokemon!

Move set is a bit questionable. Understand they wouldn't want to make the battle too difficult or give it moves the AI might not be able to use properly, but this Pokemon can be completely walled by the Golett and Sandyghast families (and once they use all 5 Close Combats, any Ground-type). I'd replace the Thunder Punch and Thunder with maybe Fire Punch and Dual Chop. Could give it Grass Knot though they may want to focus on it being a hand-to-hand combatant. If they want to emphasize Plasma Fists they could give it Taunt and then Fire Punch/Dual Chop.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
inb4 it gets distributed via newsletter code and they mess it up again
I don't think they could or would do that. I believe they have at least some awareness of how that method is faulty. At least, they should know now from all the emails they probably got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)