Event Discussion

Note that the title was quickly changed from that to simply "Pokemon informations" within a hour.

Someone got slapped at work for talking too much? ;)

Just a heads up but NA Dialga/Palkia codes may still be working. If you have any unused codes from any region it might be worth giving them a try as there's been prior occasions of codes still working after the redemption period has ended.

For those who are in Europe (and probably Australia?), the shiny Zygarde event is now on! ´Till June 22 we can download it via Internet Network. He can have any nature, and like other "legends of the month", he is lvl 100 holding bottle cup in USUM and lvl 60 in SM.
Those who live in America, you have to sadly go to stores. :-(

And here it is: Coro Coro confirms Zeraora distribution via local wireless in theatres during the new movie.

It'll come in a Cherish Ball at level 50 holding an Air Balloon with the moves Plasma Fists, Thunder Punch, Close Combat, and Thunder.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
July's Thundurus & Tornadus Video:
Nothing to see here, move along. Don't be fooled by the "Concept" title card, because instead of talking about their designs which would be interesting they instead explain what a roaming Pokemon is... Oh, but don't forget about the elite strategy of Fling + King's Rock followed by Acrobatics...

Oh, and to get them in the US you need to go to Target... so in other words no one is getting them. Europe and Australia is getting them over the Nintendo Network while Canada it's a serial code from a Newsletter.

They just did not care when it came to these guys, did they?

Nothing to see here, move along. Don't be fooled by the "Concept" title card, because instead of talking about their designs which would be interesting they instead explain what a roaming Pokemon is... Oh, but don't forget about the elite strategy of Fling + King's Rock followed by Acrobatics...

Oh, and to get them in the US you need to go to Target... so in other words no one is getting them. Europe and Australia is getting them over the Nintendo Network while Canada it's a serial code from a Newsletter.

The video shows Thundurus using acrobatics, which is impossible right?

How come the US is the only nation in which we have yet to get the events via Nintendo Network?

Available in Canada via that stupid newsletter... yay...

My guess is that Lati@s will follow suit, (both in weird distribution and lackluster video that'll likely go gaga over Mist Ball/Luster Purge despite having little reason to use them) and the other remaining Legendary Pokemon events will be via serial codes obtained at GameStop/EB Games for North America, since they're all box mascots. (Reshiram/Zekrom, Groudon/Kyogre, and Lugia/Ho-oh. They'll also get some special trivia with their videos)

So the Pokémon Center Deliveryman always stands in a particular spot in USUM -- just next to the Pokémon Center nurse. I was getting my Thundurus today because I couldn't be assed to get it before, so I decided to try something for fun:
Stand in that spot, save the game, turn it off; get the mystery gift, and then load up the game.
Since I was standing there, would he be standing somewhere else? Maybe he'd push me away?
... I got my answer.

So the Pokémon Center Deliveryman always stands in a particular spot in USUM -- just next to the Pokémon Center nurse. I was getting my Thundurus today because I couldn't be assed to get it before, so I decided to try something for fun:
Stand in that spot, save the game, turn it off; get the mystery gift, and then load up the game.
Since I was standing there, would he be standing somewhere else? Maybe he'd push me away?
... I got my answer.

Is that a glitch?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Groundon & Kyogre's video is up:
And just like the sneak peak video for ORAS, it was, TADA! NOTHING!

The only interesting thing they said was confirming Primal Reversion did not require a Key Stone from the trainer, though we sorta knew this by being told and witnessing Groudon and Kyogre doing Primal Reversion while still wild so not that much of a shock.

But that does make me curious, if Groudon and Kyogre have a unique Mega Evolution-like form that doesn't involve anything from the trainer, could they do that for other Pokemon? I'd assume it would only be Legendaries that can do this. Not sure if I would count Ultra Necrozma as it does require light to transform and when its in control of the player it takes the light from the player via the Z-Ring (though looks to also tire the trainer out from doing so).

Groundon & Kyogre's video is up:
And just like the sneak peak video for ORAS, it was, TADA! NOTHING!

The only interesting thing they said was confirming Primal Reversion did not require a Key Stone from the trainer, though we sorta knew this by being told and witnessing Groudon and Kyogre doing Primal Reversion while still wild so not that much of a shock.

But that does make me curious, if Groudon and Kyogre have a unique Mega Evolution-like form that doesn't involve anything from the trainer, could they do that for other Pokemon? I'd assume it would only be Legendaries that can do this. Not sure if I would count Ultra Necrozma as it does require light to transform and when its in control of the player it takes the light from the player via the Z-Ring (though looks to also tire the trainer out from doing so).
I don’t know. They seem to have given up Megas for now, which I hope is untrue because I can name a ton of Pokémon who can really use them.

But I do with agree with others, because outside of nostalgia, a lot of them were poorly thought out for the competitive scene. Proof is Junichi admitting that Mega Kang was too ‘strong’. And knowing GF, the Pokémon they choose will be the ones who don’t need it, simply for Fan service, rather than Pokémon who need it. But I digress, the only legendary Pokémon that I think should absolutely get the ‘ultra burst’ treatment is Kyurem, because the Black and White lore, Kyurem is said to be the original dragon before it split. The ultra burst would be that Original Dragon.

Serebii has confirmed that Latias and Latios will be avalible from Best Buy via serial code, While Europe will have it via Nintendo network.

Best Buy is an orthodox place to distribute serial codes. Though I’m pretty sure it’s going to be like Target where they don’t know much About these distributions... so that probably means nobody going to get them....

Also, why has NA yet to receive one via Nintendo Network? It’s really annoying going to the store.

Serebii has confirmed that Latias and Latios will be avalible from Best Buy via serial code, While Europe will have it via Nintendo network.

Best Buy is an orthodox place to distribute serial codes. Though I’m pretty sure it’s going to be like Target where they don’t know much About these distributions... so that probably means nobody going to get them....

Also, why has NA yet to receive one via Nintendo Network? It’s really annoying going to the store.
But does that mean the codes will be in Best Buy for Canada? Or is it still that damn newsletter?

I'm starting to think this whole "Year of the Legendary Pokemon" thing was an idea Game Freak scribbled on the back of a napkin one night after a few drinks...

But does that mean the codes will be in Best Buy for Canada? Or is it still that damn newsletter?

I'm starting to think this whole "Year of the Legendary Pokemon" thing was an idea Game Freak scribbled on the back of a napkin one night after a few drinks...
Sorry just for US. Canada is yet to be announced currently. It’s certainly not as captivating as the 20th Aniversary distributions because all the Pokémon here don’t have anything exclusive about them, except cherish balls; Zygarde was the only one that is exclusive cause it’s shiny. What they could have done was given the Pokémon with HA access to it, such as Tornadus and Thundurus, or give an exclusive move, Espeed for Entei and Raikou. Really, the whole reason for these distributions is to give people who don’t have anyone to trade access to these legendaries.

Also, does it bug me December doesn’t have a distribution? They could have given shiny Solgaleo and Lunala. But then again..., shiny Solgaleo and Lunala are pretty ugly, so maybe not.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

Well Best Buy is an electronics selling business which video games fall under. Target is a department store that's mainly clothing but also a little bit of everything else, so while technically more "family friendly" (or at least focused) the promotion can get easily lost which was reported was the case. With Best Buy being more focused, there's possibility it'll get less lost. Now obviously this all depends on how Best Buy handles the promotion, basically in how they give away the cards. Would their cashiers give out the card? Would they have someone in the Video Games section (or you can get to help open the display cases in the Video Games section; and how easy is a person with a key to get?)? Would they leave it out for people to freely take one or two (or all...).

They should still be given a chance (my Best Buy is in the same mall as my GameStop so I'll drop by to see if they have it), though I think the main promotion would still be via GameStop in the US being it's a Video Game focused store. For all other promotions they don't want in GameStop, here's an idea PUSA: JUST MAKE IT A NINTENDO NETWORK DOWNLOAD!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The Latios and Latias vid is up:
There was SORTA some interesting info: they made them Dragon/Psychic because it was a cool and powerful Type combination but they did want it to be flying so gave it the Levitate Ability. While nothing really that revealing, the wording made it sound like Levitate was an Ability before their creation.

"Well, duh, other Pokemon from the first three gens were also given the Levitate Ability"

Yes, in Gen III there was 16 Pokemon that got Levitate, two being Latios and Latias; 4 from Gen I, 2 from Gen II, and 10 from Gen III. But was Levitate created for the intended purpose of giving it to floating Pokemon or was Levitate initially made for a certain Pokemon but later decided to spread it to other Pokemon? Both are certainly possible and if any Pokemon were going to be the "originators" of Levitate my bet would have been on Latios and Latias. However the wording here made it sound like that wasn't the case, making the first theory that it was an Ability intended for a group of Pokemon instead of a specific one/family seem the more plausible. But still other possible "originator" Pokemon are Solrock & Lunatone and Flygon, so I wouldn't toss out the second theory out completely.

"To coincide with the release of the TCG Set Dragon Majesty today, it has been confirmed that Shiny Poipole is to be distributed. This distribution will run at Gamestop in the US from September 17th to October 7th. Currently no European or other distributions have been announced"
~Serebii

"To coincide with the release of the TCG Set Dragon Majesty today, it has been confirmed that Shiny Poipole is to be distributed. This distribution will run at Gamestop in the US from September 17th to October 7th. Currently no European or other distributions have been announced"
~Serebii
Hey, maybe I can be bothered to pick it up for another Poipole, or to have another, albeit shiny, Naganadel. Should be noted that it's locked to a Modest nature, though.

~Serebii
"It will be distributed in the UK at Smyths from September 17th to October 15th while the rest of Europe will get it through the Trainer Club Newsletter in September. It is Level 40 with Venom Drench, Nasty Plot, Poison Jab, Dragon Pulse, matching the one given in Japan earlier this year. "

anyone know an abyss i can scream into

"It will be distributed in the UK at Smyths from September 17th to October 15th while the rest of Europe will get it through the Trainer Club Newsletter in September. It is Level 40 with Venom Drench, Nasty Plot, Poison Jab, Dragon Pulse, matching the one given in Japan earlier this year. "

anyone know an abyss i can scream into
Ouch. Why exactly can't they just release this over Nintendo Network like they did with shiny Tapu Koko last year again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)