Every Tier Tournament- Signups (Closed)

Approved By Quite Quiet
It’s always funny to me when I see a god like legendary being brought to its knees by a bug or a fish so in this tournament I wanted to see more of that.
Rules:
1. Your team must consist of one Pokémon from every major tier (pu, nu, ru, uu, ou, ubers).
2. Standard SM Ubers tournament
3. Standard tournament rules apply, which can be found here
4.Best of 3 matches
5.Post replays please

Post in to participate. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
In. I like the idea.

Edit: Two concerns: 1) How do you handle abilities/moves that are banned in some tiers (drought, shadow tag, baton pass)? 2) Have you considered to balance the mons by adjusting their levels (Ubers lv 70, OU lv 75 ... for example)? Otherwise things like Groudon-P or Xerneas will just dominate, since the gap between OU and Ubers is much bigger than between any other tiers. (Alternatively you could exclude Ubers and add Little Cup instead)

Just some ideas.

Last edited:
In. I like the idea.

Edit: Two concerns: 1) How do you handle abilities/moves that are banned in some tiers (drought, shadow tag, baton pass)? 2) Have you considered to balance the mons by adjusting their levels (Ubers lv 70, OU lv 75 ... for example)? Otherwise things like Groudon-P or Xerneas will just dominate, since the gap between OU and Ubers is much bigger than between any other tiers. (Alternatively you could exclude Ubers and add Little Cup instead)

Just some ideas.
The abilities that are banned in some tiers is one of the main reasons that this is played in ubers. Also the reason there is no level gap is because I want people to conserve their pokemon to take on larger threats rather than giving the ubers mons a handicap. I want to see people take lower tier pokemon and make them able to try to take on legionaries. I do indeed appreciate the suggestions though so thank you for that.

The abilities that are banned in some tiers is one of the main reasons that this is played in ubers. Also the reason there is no level gap is because I want people to conserve their pokemon to take on larger threats rather than giving the ubers mons a handicap. I want to see people take lower tier pokemon and make them able to try to take on legionaries. I do indeed appreciate the suggestions though so thank you for that.

I think I don´t fully understand what you mean. Let´s look at this example: I am afraid of Groudon-P destroying my team. So I decide to add a Dugtrio with Arena Trap to my team. While Dugtrio is PU, Arena Trap is banned in every tier except Ubers. Does this Dugtrio now count as my Uber-Pokemon since it has Arena Trap, or does it count as my PU-Pokemon and I can still add an Uber?

I think I don´t fully understand what you mean. Let´s look at this example: I am afraid of Groudon-P destroying my team. So I decide to add a Dugtrio with Arena Trap to my team. While Dugtrio is PU, Arena Trap is banned in every tier except Ubers. Does this Dugtrio now count as my Uber-Pokemon since it has Arena Trap, or does it count as my PU-Pokemon and I can still add an Uber?
It counts as your PU because the base pokemon is in pu. Abilities don't count as part of a tier just the pokemon

In

Also question that i assume i know the answer to but i might as well ask it for clarification: you can bring a lower tiered pokemon in place of a higher tiered? i.e. bring 2 RU mons instead of 1 UU 1 RU because thats the way tiers work

In

Also question that i assume i know the answer to but i might as well ask it for clarification: you can bring a lower tiered pokemon in place of a higher tiered? i.e. bring 2 RU mons instead of 1 UU 1 RU because thats the way tiers work
As much as that makes sence I would prefer that you stick to one Pokémon from every tier, no duplicate tiers

Approved By Quite Quiet
It’s always funny to me when I see a god like legendary being brought to its knees by a bug or a fish so in this tournament I wanted to see more of that.
Rules:
1. Your team must consist of one Pokémon from every major tier (pu, nu, ru, uu, ou, ubers).
2. Standard SM Ubers tournament
3. Standard tournament rules apply, which can be found here
4.Best of 3 matches
5.Post replays please

Post in to participate. Good luck and have fun!
What number of participants/end date for signups do you have in mind? Just so I can plan ahead a little bit with some other tournaments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)