Extreme Ubers Laddering Challenges! (Week 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Extreme Ubers Laddering Challenges!

Hi everyone! This came to my mind recently and I think it could be really fun. Basically, what these challenges are going to be is storming the ladder, but with a twist - you will have obey a specific condition that I place on your teambuilding. If you noticed the title, these conditions will be designed to be very difficult, designed to challenge you in both teambuilding and your battling skills. I'm planning to have a new one every single week, depending on how busy I am and how bothered I can be to put up a new thread, but basically you will attempt to get the highest ladder ranking when following the weekly condition. These constraints may vary in difficulty week in week out, but I will make sure no week is a breeze. Some weeks it may be comparatively easy, while some weeks it will be downright insane. There will also be wildcards, which could potentially make your life a little bit easier, but these won't be in every week! This is essentially "Hard mode" or "Lunatic mode" of our Ubers forum. It may be slightly easier than you may expect given the horrendously low skill level of our ladder.

I will attempt to lobby for some sort of reward (trophy, badge?) to be bestowed upon the winner of multiple weeks, but don't get your hopes up about that. For now, the only rewards that you will get out of these challenges are 1) the challenge itself (thrill of the hunt) and 2) bragging rights.

Without further ado, we'll start week 1!

Instructions:
- Create a fresh alt that has not battled at all
- Record your highest ladder ranking (screenshot) and post it in the thread
- The deviation cut-off is 85 (which means you need a deviation of 85 or less)
- Post your team along with your ladder ranking so I can make sure that you've stuck to the condition
- Ask any questions in this thread
- Feel free to discuss any potential strategies in this thread too

This weeks challenge: You must not use items on any of your Pokemon.

Elaboration:
- This means ANY item. No Plates that could turn your Arceus into another forme, no Giratina-O, unless...

Wildcards (to make your job a little easier):
- You may use ONE Pokemon with an item. This would include plates and orbs which change formes. So, if you want to use your Arceus forme that's not Normal, you need to use up your wildcard. Same goes for Giratina-O.

History:

Week 1 challenge:
- Use the weaker attack stat of all Pokemon
- Wildcard: One coverage move is allowed using your stronger Attack stat provided no STAB AND Pokemon with both attacking stats under 100 were exempt
- Winner: shrang - ACRE = 2010

Week 2 challenge:
- Must use at least 2 NFEs on your team, Eviolite is banned
- Wildcard: None
- Winner: ZoroarkForever - ACRE = 1962

Week 3 challenge:
- Must use a monotype team
- Wildcard: None
- Winner: Hack He Must - ACRE = 2072

Have fun! Week ends at 11:59pm GMT+10 on 11st August, 2013.

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yes finally a reason to use the sexyness that is DD Latios. Also are we allowed to use mons without an attacking move regardless of attack stats?

I like Ghostceus here. He spinblocks and provides decent offensive presence, so I think teams looking for a pseudo Giratina-O will turn to Ghostceus. (ESpeed intead of Shadow Sneak, spinblocks, respectable bulk, Will O Wisp and Roar, can threaten to sweep with SD or CM).

My alt shall be Pikachu4Ubers.

What about pokemon with equal sp attack and attack stats?

If I did this I would just use 6 pokemon that don't rely on a single attacking stat, whether they be defensive or offensive.

Haruno

If I did this I would just use 6 pokemon that don't rely on a single attacking stat, whether they be defensive or offensive.
Then you use the stat that is less often used. Or if both have equal prominence then said poke is banned.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
- If the Pokemon has both attacking stats of under (not including) 100, then it is exempt from the constraint. For example, something like Virizion can use whatever set it damn well likes, since both its Atk and SpA are under 100. For Pokemon with one attacking stat of above 100 and one below (eg Latias), you must still follow the constraint and use the lower attacking stat.
OK so just making sure, some swift swimmers are exempt from this, riiiight (Kingdra and Ludicolo)?

I'll be laddering under simply complex.

I find it funny that all the spin blockers got nerfed to the point where Forry can abuse them. Forry doesn't fear SD Arc Ghost, and Giratina-a isn't killing it if it has pain split.

Haruno

OK so just making sure, some swift swimmers are exempt from this, riiiight (Kingdra and Ludicolo)?

I'll be laddering under simply complex.

I find it funny that all the spin blockers got nerfed to the point where Forry can abuse them. Forry doesn't fear SD Arc Ghost, and Giratina-a isn't killing it if it has pain split.
assuming you're against someone from here. Luckily we have a list of everyone and their alts.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hitokiri Battōsai is my alt

Oh, and a question. What are the rules concerning Genesect?
Genesect is banned.

What is the opinion of SD Arceus-Ghost here?

Anyway, I am Needs More Weird. CM Ho-oh rocks.
SD Ghostceus is allowed in this challenge, since CM Ghostceus is generally regarded to be superior.

You use the side that is obviously at a disadvantage. For example, for Fightceus, Calm Mind is the superior option, so you can't use special Fightceus. SD Fightceus, on the other hand, is allowed.

About Pokemon that don't generally don't rely on specific attacking types (generally walls), they are exempt from the constraint. If there's a more specific example you have in mind, please ask me.

Can I use Psychic Arceus?
CM is not allowed, but the defensive set is, as are physical sets.

That is correct, since both their Atk and SpA stats are under 100.

It seems like it would be easy to win this with a stall team. Is Jirachi allowed to use physical moves, or special moves? Thunder and Iron Head are about equally used.

shrang

General Kenobi
Jirachi can use both, since it's normally a defensive Pokemon.

And yeah, making a stall team is pretty much the easy way out, but that's no fun, isn't it?

Laddering as yolo here we go.

Also, is it against the rules to only run one attack, and make that the wild card?

IE

Groudon

- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)