Fakemon Central (read the rules in the OP)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It occurred to me the other day that we didn't have, and never seems to have had, a thread dedicated to general fakemon designs. So here it is.

What I'd like to see
  • WIPs, finished designs, sketches, sprites, any stage or form of the visual presentation of your design.
  • Constructive critisism and feedback of other's designs. If you don't like it, explain why. If you feel that it doesn't look or feels like a Pokemon, try to pinpoint the reason or provide an example of an official Pokemon that in your view is a good design.
  • A relaxed atmosphere. We're doing this for fun or for our own personal interests, so no need to get into heated arguments if preferences don't coincide.
What I don't like to see
  • Try to avoid spamming many designs at the same time, even if you have an archive already. Focus on those you'd like to improve or those you'd like feedback on.
  • Don't share fakemon designs if you're not the designer, this thread is only for designers and the people who can give feedback to what's posted.
  • Everything else related to fanmade Pokemon worlds, be it trainers, maps, or regions, are not within the scope of this thread. If you want feedback on that, set up an art thread of your own right here in the studio.
  • Critique cannot be in the form of "this is just a copy of X's fakemon", unless it's clear they're traced or otherwise heavily based on those designs. We've reached a stage where complete originality can be difficult to achieve, not to mention that the artist may simply not know of the design beforehand. Assume the best of intentions, and if the design is very similar to something else, see if you can suggest something to make it stand out more.
  • Similarly to the point above, try to avoid posts that lack substance. If you really like a design but has little to say about it, just use the Like button.

May add more guidelines if I'm reminded of it, but here's the gist of it: If you've made a design or concept, post it here including a piece of visual art. If you like to share your opinion on other's works and how to improve them, post it here.

To start things off, here's one of mine

Squirrel that evolves into boxer squirrel, good candidate for early game critter. First stage clearly needs more polish as right now it's rocking the general, boring look, so suggestions on making it related to boxing/fighting while still not compromising its pure Normal typing would be nice (ring around eye is supposed to be a black eye though).

Last edited by a moderator:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This is an awesome idea Bummer and while I can't contribute to the art, I can give constructive criticism n_n

Anyways, I feel like the final evolution's tail is meant to form a fist so I feel like referencing that in the first evo is a good way to go. Making the tail of the first evo more fist-like would give it more of a "natural" evo feel as well as a "Pokemon" feel. The first evo just looks like a normal cartoon-ish squirrel imo and doesn't have a feature that makes it stand out. I really like the "Aipom" feel of the first evo, but I didn't want to suggest an open hand like Aipom as then it feels too close to it.

Overall, I cannot wait to see what people have to offer here, and if you don't care for really bad drawings, I might actually try my hand at Fakemon Central o_o

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
two fakemons i drew a bit ago, one i was actually gonna trace and stuff but never got to, the other i lost and still cant find
the one i didnt trace:

also jk i actually did scan this one
the one i lost:
also yes i do have a scanner, i just dont scan my wips to save my own energy (aka im lazy)

feedback pls :)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
have been wondering about having a thread like this for awhile, good stuff

I'll critique these mons and try drawing out some suggestions for improvement over the weekend, for now I'll just post some stuff of my own

some old starters I've had:

so here's my question: I've since bought a new and better water starter(fighting lobster), so do you think the current water starter (iguana) could work as a grass starter (recolored to be more green and grey instead of blue)? gimme your thoughts please

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
alright, worked more on mine

Felt like I compromised on several points with the latter stage, as removing the eyes made it easier to shape up its head, but I sorta liked the gruff look my former sketch had. Might see if I can squeeze another base color into the last stage as well, looks somewhat lackluster at the moment.

Base stage is now generally associated with squabbling (in fact, Squarrel would be a neat name for it), but it's long feet can also be a hint towards the pads used for boxers to punch into (held by their trainers). Them balancing on their tail and getting up after being struck down can also be a reference to boxing balls which keeps coming back after being punched. Or maybeI'm really grasping for early fighting type features :V

Like I said, I would try and attempt to make a Fakemon, so here it is.
Even though there's no precedence of one eyed flying beasts in the pokemon universe, it still have a very general look to it as that kind of monster is a commonly used type in other fantasy genres. Giving its head some more details or more interesting shape could certainly make it stand out more, and its tail could also use more work so that it makes sense for poison to leak out of it and not just a feature slapped onto it (maybe the tip of a syringe?). Also, I find its typing to lack Poison entirely despite its ability and species name emphasizing it.

I rarely do any fakemon, but I did these 2 awhile ago. Sort of inspired by Diancie.
As it currently stands, these fakemon's main trait share a lot of similarities with Diancie. Their ice feathers don't really need those small segments hanging off the tips in order to stay relevant to the design (I presume prom queen or something of similar nature) and only serves to remind their design more of mega diancie, so those could be removed entirely. Moreover, be careful with where you add those icy decorations, since those details will otherwise appear random and not specific (the crystals on the base's wings and the final's chin stand out significantly in this regard). And Since I assume the final stage is a peacock, the fan of 'feathers' in the back could be even wider and maybe have a second layer of ice feathers to recemble patterns in irl peacocks.

two fakemons i drew a bit ago, one i was actually gonna trace and stuff but never got to, the other i lost and still cant find
the one i didnt trace:

also jk i actually did scan this one
the one i lost:
also yes i do have a scanner, i just dont scan my wips to save my own energy (aka im lazy)

feedback pls :)
Given how you provided practically no explanation for what this is supposed to be, I've got nothing to offer. The above species seems rather macabre though with that stuff seeping from the eyes, so you might wanna backpedal on that a bit to fit within Gamefreak's usual limits.

so here's my question: I've since bought a new and better water starter(fighting lobster), so do you think the current water starter (iguana) could work as a grass starter (recolored to be more green and grey instead of blue)? gimme your thoughts please
That lamb looks hella rad, while the iguana just seems like it'd become a general grass starter lizard, so I'd really recommend you to keep on going with the above lineup + the lobster.

I've taken a liking to the gruff look of the fighting squirrel. The base form seems to have what resembles a crippled eye, and it's a nice touch.

brightobject I suggest go with the lobster if you see fit. It would be nice to see one. Maybe with a bit of coral on its body as it evovles?

Bummer the eye looks much better closed, now I believe he's got a black eye :P IMO it looks very normal type but not enough fighting, maybe give the evo a fighting pose?
nv that's a great first attempt, much better than my first attempt! Try coloring without the fill tool so you don't get that white "glitter"
Cresselia~~ it's pretty~~ but a bit over-rendered I think and the crystals look squishy. Maybe have less blur on the white highlights?
Rhythms they're big pics you should shrink it a little. Do trace them once you're done being lazy, it'll look better :)
brightobject your fire mon is a frog so it looks part water. If you replace your grass type with the water one, all 3 of them will look like water types with just different colors XD

Anyway here's one I got

(it's a balloon wearing a hoodie)

Fairy / Flying
100 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Magic Guard / Regenerator / Unaware

And it's pink cause stallmons are pink :D People hate them.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus

New pokemon game hype! Was just quickly sketching ideas but I'm not that creative so this is quite simple.

----Update 2/27/16-----

BASICS
<nothing is final>

Fuzzya
Typing - Grass
Ability - Grass Pelt / Sap Sipper HA: Harvest
Stats - 67 hp, 30 atk, 74 def, 52 spatk, 80 spdef, and 47 speed
= 350
"LC stall monster"

Dandeline
Typing - Normal + Grass
Ability - Chlorophyll / Infiltrator HA: Solar Power
Stats - 84 hp, 60 atk, 55 def, 104 spatk, 60 spdef, and 94 speed
= 457
"Highly threatening special sweeper in sun"

Possible Sets:

Fuzzya-
Ability: Harvest
Item: Sitrus Berry
-Leech Seed
-Infestation
-Protect
-Toxic

Dandeline-
Ability: Solar Power/Chlorophyll
Item: Choice Scarf/Specs/Life Orb
-Solar Beam
-Hyper Voice
-HP Rock
-Moonblast

Anti-Stall/Set Up Sweepers - Dandeline
Ability: Infiltrator
Item: Lefties, Mental Herb, Varies
-Toxic
-Fake Out/Protect/Encore
-Punishment/Infestation
-Leech Seed

Counters: Where's the Balance?
Can be killed or revenge killed easily by pokemon that are faster or have the priority bracket
-SpDef Heatran
-CB Talonflame
-CS Staraptor
- etc...

Movepool:
TBA

Fears?
-Afraid this resembles jumpluff too much
-Designs too simple?
-Too cliche

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!
-------

-Wobblebuns fixed

-Cresselia~~ my animal anatomy isn't great so i'll see to fixing that if i make another draft

Many thanks for the feedback! ^^

Last edited:

New pokemon game hype! Was just quickly sketching ideas but I'm not that creative so this is quite simple....I do like the typing (no fairies ;v;) but I'm afraid this resembles jumpluff a bit. Nothing is final

(Sorry for unsaturated colours and strange anatomy, that left leg, rip)

Fuzzya Grass
Ability - Aroma Veil / Klutz?

Dandeline Normal/Flying + Grass
Ability - Competitive / Cloud Nine
Stats - weak defensively, another one of those specially-based, speedy fellows

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

Cute design :)

I think you could make the dandelion qualities stand out more. By the looks of it right now, the way you incorporated them into your design is a bit too subtle. Look more into dandelions and you'll find some interesting stuff about them that can serve as more inspiration for your design. Look at its distinct leaves; you can make it into its tail or use them to resemble as wings to further show the flying typing in its final evolution. Things like that!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Very cute.
But I'd think the fore-arms are too widely apart for the larger one. Also, they are placed too high for a quadruped... unless you intend for it to have human-like shoulders.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
Though I'm not someone who is into Fakemon, just a few days ago I was playing Touhou and an idea popped up in my mind :P
It's still a sketch and the info is pretty vague (and I'm too lazy to think of base stats and movepool, I'm not even a good competitive player), but hey at least you can guess the color palette just by looking at the theme!

Type: Grass/Dark

Abilities:
  • Contrary (1)
  • Cursed Body (2)
  • Magic Bounce (H)
  • Prankster (H)(pre-evo)
Egg Group: Grass + Fairy/Human-like

The Amarillac line is based on the spider lily and the Japanese folklore creature Amanojaku. Amarillac is kind of a pun on the family where red spider lily comes from - Amaryllidaceae and Amanojaku. Maliconnerie is combined from "malin" (French for mischievous or malicious), "lycoris" (the red spider lily), "polissonnerie" (French for mischief). I'm not even sure about the pre-evo's name so any better suggestion is always welcomed xP

Amanojaku is often depicted as a creature who is able provoke a person's darkest desires and push them to do evil deeds. Also, in some Asian cultures, spider lily represents death (or the leading to reincarnation). Hence the Dark type is there. Amanojaku is the spirit of contradiction and perversity, the reason why the family is always seen upside-down. The spirals on the face is to show the twisted nature of the creature.

Amarillac and Maliconnerie have horns, because Amanojaku is a type of Oni (Japanese equivalent of monsters/demon), and Oni is often seen with horn. They float in the air, Mali's movement is similar to how dandelion would fly around (parachute?), while Ama's is either just being static or like a... Burmy, I guess.

For the abilities choice, having reading the text above, it's pretty much obvious why Contrary is chosen as the first ability. In addition, the Japanese name for Contrary is literally "Amanojaku". Cursed Body - somehow - reflects the species which the family is based from, because "Amanojaku" means "heavenly evil spirit" (the reason why I'm still in between Fairy or Human-like as the secondary egg group), and how it is able to provoke people into committing bad deeds. Hidden Ability Prankster is used for Mali only, because Ama seems to be a bit too serious too carry this ability. I don't really know why I picked Magic Bounce for Ama, but I guess it still somehow fits the contrary nature of Amarillac.

btw it is also inspired from the Touhou character Seija Kijin, who is also an Amanojaku.

And yes, I know the entire family just seems so Florges ; - ;

It's a bunny that resembles a radish, but was supposed to take on the forme of a carrot at first. I guess it doesn't matter. QxC4eva suggested the colors, so I give credit them for that. He seems to resemble the Sales Bunny from Nintendo Badge Arcade, now that I've thought about it.

EDIT: I made it orange, as the pink felt more like a shiny. I still like the ear leaves for now, though.

Last edited:
Jackii I like your design, it's very nicely drawn but I noticed a few things. Somehow I think the evolution looks cuter than the prevo. You might have focused a bit too much making the prevo look cute, that it ends up like he's trying too hard to be cute. And that loses the appeal. IMO design and personality should come first. Cuteness second! I like your evolution (Dandeline) better cause there's more emphasis on the design rather than how pretty it is. So yeah, I guess "inner beauty" is what I'm looking for :P Idk how exactly you can improve the prevo design but what I can say is -- try conveying your ideas through drawings instead of words. If you can get your prevo to really look like he can't wait to evolve - without using any text bubbles - then it'll be an improvement for sure!

Koumashiki yours is probably my favorite design so far. I like how the body is inverted with the plant thing coming off his tail, that's pretty unique. I hope you color it. :D

Integer Mova D: your rabbit so adorable it's now added to my 'must kidnap' list. About the colors, it could still work if you keep it as a carrot and have this pink version as the shiny radish or something. I think what makes a rabbit a rabbit are the ears, so maybe have the leaves looking more like ears instead of hair? Anyway, I thought your carrot+bunny fusion is a pretty neat idea! I'm a big fan of your work, please don't stop drawing cute things :3

I'm a huge fan of fakemons, and I'll need to show one design I really liked I planned to enter for CAP but never got around to. Makes me wish I did digital art or make myself finally figure out how to scan things properly.
My avatar I just found on the internet.

have been wondering about having a thread like this for awhile, good stuff

I'll critique these mons and try drawing out some suggestions for improvement over the weekend, for now I'll just post some stuff of my own

I think you should keep the lamb as well. I really like the iguana but that lamb has so much more potential. The iguana also would need a couple more design changes probably to become a grass type (those spines being turned to blades of grass could work.) but a recolor would work.

Also I love the fire (gecko?) and I need it.

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
hihi, my friend and I decided to create a fakemon, this is the first evo so far:

name: <undecided>
typing: ghost/flying
abilities: immunity, aftermath

we aren't sure how to incorporate any other plague doctor designs into what would be its evolution or make it seem like an evolution and not just a larger version of the above, though I have juggled around the idea of turning the beak into a gas mask...?

while looking for feedback on it's current designs, ideas for names, colors, and its second evo's design would be greatly appreciated! ;v;

-
This is one of those designs where, if I saw it in any other game except Pokemon, I'd go "fucking radical" upon seeing it. But as a fakemon, it's bit of a mixed bag. Why the bat wings for something's that's not otherwise looking like a bat? Is its sword a dropped tail, or is it just there? Why would this role fit that of a plague doctor? So what I'm trying to say is: I like pretty much all of the features seen here, but the way you've combined them all into one is unusual to say the least.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

These guys again. Tinkered a bit more with the last stage since I wanted at least some visuals on its eyes/lids, rounder head, and a small adjustment of its color scheme. Just a bit better BST than Raticate, but I had to add some more to make its bulk at least respectable, as it's not as fast. That said, planning to give this fella Quick Attack, Mach Punch, and Belly Drum, so speed shouldn't be much of an issue anyway.

Squirrel + Squabble/Nibble
Pro + Rodent

Something I've shared before but wanted to adjust again. If I'm done with a design but feel that I wouldn't use it on a team of my own, then I know something's off. The lineart's reinforced and the second stage's head has been revisited, so I feel more satisfied with it now. Attack is much higher so that it can make use of a Coil set, without becoming completely outclassed by its Tail Glow set. Initially figured I wouldn't need to give it Shed Skin as it's already immune to two statuses, but most canon snake designs have it, so I felt I might as well slap it on.

Clamp + Mamba
Wire + Virulent

Anyway here's one I got

(it's a balloon wearing a hoodie)

Fairy / Flying
100 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Magic Guard / Regenerator / Unaware
oh gosh this is much more than what I expected, great modeling

That said, there are some things that seem weird, mostly the flower on its hoodie and the antennae it has on its head. Stuff like that make it a bit overdecorated and detracts from what the viewer should actually focus on. But given how it also has sprouted wings, it's difficult to really tell what's out of place and what's not. I like the idea, but I have no way to give any definite critique on it since you obviously have gone way past the "balloons in a hoodie" description (which in itself is an unusual concept).

So yeah, killer art and animations, but design wise, I'm afraid this is one of those legendaries I simply cannot relate to.

----Update 2/27/16-----

BASICS
<nothing is final>

Fuzzya
Typing - Grass
Ability - Grass Pelt / Sap Sipper HA: Harvest
Stats - 67 hp, 30 atk, 74 def, 52 spatk, 80 spdef, and 47 speed
= 350
"LC stall monster"

Dandeline
Typing - Normal + Grass
Ability - Chlorophyll / Infiltrator HA: Solar Power
Stats - 84 hp, 60 atk, 55 def, 104 spatk, 60 spdef, and 94 speed
= 457
"Highly threatening special sweeper in sun"

Possible Sets:

Fuzzya-
Ability: Harvest
Item: Sitrus Berry
-Leech Seed
-Infestation
-Protect
-Toxic

Dandeline-
Ability: Solar Power/Chlorophyll
Item: Choice Scarf/Specs/Life Orb
-Solar Beam
-Hyper Voice
-HP Rock
-Moonblast

Anti-Stall/Set Up Sweepers - Dandeline
Ability: Infiltrator
Item: Lefties, Mental Herb, Varies
-Toxic
-Fake Out/Protect/Encore
-Punishment/Infestation
-Leech Seed

Counters: Where's the Balance?
Can be killed or revenge killed easily by pokemon that are faster or have the priority bracket
-SpDef Heatran
-CB Talonflame
-CS Staraptor
- etc...

Movepool:
TBA

Fears?
-Afraid this resembles jumpluff too much
-Designs too simple?
-Too cliche
Wobblebuns already covered what I wanted to say fairly well. The art style is still pretty complex, so if you want to make this a more legit fakemon design, you should look into simplifying the lineart so the brush strokes are more unified and not multiple strokes following each other. Moreover, being quite familiar with dandelions myself, should both of those stages be based on the same stage in the flower's life? The base could either keep its seedling design to show it's gonne grow into something bigger, or it could be based on the actual yellow flower so that its next stage is when it's mature enough to spread its own seeds. At least, that's basically the idea I had for a design of my own on that theme. Real nice quality on the itself though, both stages are mad cute.

Though I'm not someone who is into Fakemon, just a few days ago I was playing Touhou and an idea popped up in my mind :P
It's still a sketch and the info is pretty vague (and I'm too lazy to think of base stats and movepool, I'm not even a good competitive player), but hey at least you can guess the color palette just by looking at the theme!

Type: Grass/Dark

Abilities:
  • Contrary (1)
  • Cursed Body (2)
  • Magic Bounce (H)
  • Prankster (H)(pre-evo)
The Flabébé / Floette recemblance is definitely there, although the base stage is the mose guilty of that since it has that general cute look, so if it becomes a large issue I'd say you could just scrap it. Not all species need to have multiple stages. The design itself is nice and clean, just don't expect people to get the idea behind it since this one is knee deep into japanese lore.

It's a bunny that resembles a radish, but was supposed to take on the forme of a carrot at first. I guess it doesn't matter. QxC4eva suggested the colors, so I give credit them for that. He seems to resemble the Sales Bunny from Nintendo Badge Arcade, now that I've thought about it.

EDIT: I made it orange, as the pink felt more like a shiny. I still like the ear leaves for now, though.
Cute! Its ears/leaves could definitely be longer, since they're a major feature for both carrots and bunnies. If you want to avoid making a Bunnelby copy, see if the ears can be folded by default or something, and perhaps change its leave collar for something else.

hihi, my friend and I decided to create a fakemon, this is the first evo so far:

name: <undecided>
typing: ghost/flying
abilities: immunity, aftermath
This is one of those designs where, if I saw it in any other game except Pokemon, I'd go "fucking radical" upon seeing it. But as a fakemon, it's bit of a mixed bag. Why the bat wings for something's that's not otherwise looking like a bat? Is its sword a dropped tail, or is it just there? Why would this role fit that of a plague doctor? So what I'm trying to say is: I like pretty much all of the features seen here, but the way you've combined them all into one is unusual to say the least.

Bummer I'll have to make a new sketch for the bunny with folded ears or leaves and removing the leaf collar. The bunny is sort of my way of drawing Bunnelby from memory, and working on a new design from that.

My first semester of college is just getting in the way right now. It doesn't help that I've lacked motivation to draw, either.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

I find it very cute and I think it's a nice idea.
However, I personally find the orange bit too bright. I would lower the saturation a bit.

tehy

Banned deucer.
i don't really like the idea of the carrot mon. I feel like it looks humanoid / creature style but is grass and based on a plant...somehow that concept just doesn't seem to fit for me. IDK just something to think about

Hi there this is my first post on the forms ^_^ so please be kind :3

Unfortunately I am not a very good artist but I do have some art I can upload too but what I really love working on is the stat/move side of a CAP so I will start with that, hopefully that isn't a problem :)

Snarebit (snow + Hare + rabbit)
Snow Shoe pokemon
Ice
Ability: Frisk /Snow Shoes [Hail Chlorophyll]/// Snow Cloak
HP: 52
ATK: 67
DEF: 42
SpA: 67
SpD: 43
SPE: 82
BST: 353

A small quadrupedal white rabbit with large red eyes and tiny ice blue horns on its head. It has large feet heavily covered in bristly violet fur and a round white tail. It has one sharp ice blue tooth protruding from its mouth. [Shiny Colouration: pale lemon yellow instead of white, blue foot fur and dark blue eyes]

Start: Hail
Start: Ice Fang
Start: Tail Whip
Start: Splash
2:Splash
4: Tackle
6: Tail Whip
8: Powder Snow
11: Ice Shard
15: Dig
19: Slash
23: Icicle Drop
27: Sweet Kiss
31: Ice Ball
34: Ice Fang
37: Poison Fang
41: Freeze Dry
44: Bounce
47: Agility
51: Sucker Punch
56: Jump Kick
61: Me First
64: Blizzard

Dex:

-'Snarebit usually live in freezing tundra where their white fur blends in with the surrounding Snow, however they go to great lengths to conceal their purple fur by kicking up snow as they run'

-'Snarebit have been known to venture out from their frozen habitat to forests and plains but only by night. They use their tiny but sharp horns to defend themselves'

--------> High Happiness at Night--->

Spurbitox (Spur + rabbit + toxic)
Poison Spur Pokemon:
Ice/Poison
Ability: Frisk/Snow Shoes///Snow Cloak
HP: 71
ATK: 108
DEF: 56
SpA: 101
SpD: 56
SPE: 111
BST: 503

Description: now bipedal, the white fur has turned Ice grey and the violet fur has now darkened and covers it's lower legs and hands. It has a small violet tufted tail. It has developed ice blue claws on its legs and hands that protrude from the purple fur and on the back of its heels there are also sharp crescent shaped blue claws. It's horns are now long purple antlers tipped with ice. It's eyes are still red but ringed with dark purple. It has long lop ears that are swept back behind its head. [Shiny colouration: instead of grey, most of it's body is pale pink, eyes are golden yellow, fur and antlers are dark indigo instead of dark violet and claws/spurs/ are golden yellow])

Start: Hail
Start: Poison Jab
Start: Ice Punch
Start: Poison Fang
Start: Ice Fang
Start: Moonblast
2: Splash
4: Tackle
6: Tail Whip
8: Powder Snow
11: Ice Shard
15: Dig
19: Slash
23: Icicle Drop
27: Poison Fang
31: Ice Ball
34: Ice Fang
37: Poison Tail
41: Freeze Dry
44: Bounce
47: Agility
51: Cross Poison
56: Sucker Punch
59: Poison Jab
62: Sludge Wave
64: Blizzard
68: Venom Drench

Egg Group: Ground
Egg/Tutor Moves: Baby Doll Eyes, Sheer Cold, Switcheroo, Gunk Shot, Sky Uppercut, Drain Punch, Signal Beam, Aurora Beam, Super Fang, Triple Kick, Brine, Pin Missile, Horn Leech, Moonlight, Recycle, Mega Horn, Thunder Fang, Thunder Punch

TM Compatiblility: Hone Claws, Calm Mind, Toxic, Hail, Venoshock, Hidden Power, Taunt, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Protect, Rain Dance, Frustration, Return, Dig, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Double Team, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Aerial Ace, Torment, Facade, Rest, Attract, Thief, Low Sweep, Round, Echoed Voice, Focus Blast, False Swipe, Fling, Quash, Acrobatics, Embargo,Shadow Claw, Payback, Retaliate, Giga Impact, Swords Dance, Psych Up, Frost Breath, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Grass Knot, Swagger, Sleep Talk, U-Turn, Substitute, Wild Charge, Rock Smash, Secret Power, Snarl, Nature Power, Dark Pulse, Power-Up Punch, Confide

Dex:

-'Spurbitox are usually only active by night, especially under a full moon. They move with great speed and agility, particularly on snowy terrain where their thick bristly fur stops them sinking.'

- 'after evolving, Spurbitox developed highly potent venom glands that are concealed in its fur which it uses sharp claws to administer to deadly effect'

Inspirations: Snow show hares and jackalopes; who are thought to have originated from sightings of rabbits with papiloma virus, inspiring it's Poison typing. Another inspiration is the poisonous spurs of the platypus.

I hope that Spurbitox would serve to be an [actually usable] Ice type Glass Cannon with a fairly varied movepool compared to existing Ice types this includes: Moonblast, Dark Pulse, Sludge Wave, Focus Blast, Horn Leech, Mega Horn, Power-Up Punch, U-turn, Freeze Dry and Thunder Fang allowing mixed sweeper as well as Phys/Spec sweeper sets. Spurbitox also has a reasonable support pool with options such as Super Fang (for massively bulky threats such as Chansey, Weezing etc.) Embargo (Works well with Frisk), Baby Doll Eyes, Recycle, Taunt, Quash and Venom Drench.

It is however, obviously incredibly frail and doesn't carry decent recovery options as it's one recovery move: Moonlight, is actually hindered when using it's best ability. I also feel it would perhaps rely too much on Hail to activate it's great ability in Snow Shoes but also to threaten Sturdy users. This isn't necessarily a problem but would thus mean Hail support would be pretty much necessary. Ingame it would be a very reliable sweeper and Frisk could potentially be useful in battle maison etc. For those that don't fancy Hail in play. Snow Cloak is lore-based and is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I thought I'd garner some feedback here on these guys:

The idea is a fakemon that you can wear!

The caterpillar is a scarf, the cocoon is hollow on the underside, which acts as a beanie, and the butterfly is a cosby sweater.

The butterfly's top wings, which are the "sleeves", wrap around the person's arm, the middle set of wings wrap around the sides, and the bottom pair of wings act as one of those waist warmer thingies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
hare concepts
Not much to say since there are no visual sketches and the like, although jackalopes can easily fit within the Pokeverse. Personal opinion is that Ice/Fairy could be a better fit since they're more of a fairytale rather than a scientific observation (and even then, viruses aren't exactly venom-related). Granted, that type change would affect your design, so take it as you will.

The idea is a fakemon that you can wear!
I believe I've already commented on this on PS, but while having the designs inspired by common clothing items is great, I wouldn't go as far as them being literally used as such. Kind of breaks the idea that "Pokemon came first" and then humans basically mimicking their traits in their own technology or society, but I may be splitting hairs here. Cool theme nonetheless.

Now for some of my own

A design I've revisited since I wanted to break even further away from its older similarities from Duskull, so I added the antennae and removed the ribcage to make it more similar to a regular beetle. Based on the grim reaper and beetles that feed on cadavers. Name comes from Necro (death) and Athropod (insect classification).

Another old design I've decided to completely revamp. Based on memorials and tombs, somewhat concerned that the design is too simple by modern standards, but at the same time it's not too similar to existing designs either. Names comes from Ghost+Obelisk and Spirit+Pyramid.

Finally some new designs I finished today. Based on the typical family in the retro days, with the hen wearing an apron and the rooster suspenders. Names comes from Hatch+Chirp, Hen+Embrace, and Rooster+Stern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)