Ferdie vs. ggGerbil - A Warstory

Ladies and gentlemens. This is my second warstory. My first wasn't great. Comments were bad and my english was pretty sucky. I have improved my english, there is still small mistakes, but I'm gonna try my best.

I played this match a half year ago. It was 30th of December. I clicked Standard Latter Match button and was ready to fuck my foes with UU team. Yes you heard right. I used UUs because I wanted to have fun. Then the battle started.

(PS. Dumbo is my reserve nick. + english isn't my first language. There can be mistakes.)

This is the battle. Me versus ggGerbil. Nowadays he is great uber battler. And probably great OU battler too. But no more speaking. Let the battle begin!!

Ferdie's Team:

ggGerbil's Team:

HERE WE GO!

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

ggGerbil sent out Metagross
Dumbo sent out Absol

Okay. I'm using my UU team. This can be pretty tight match even I'm facing the most dangerous OU monsters. Because he leads with Metagross, it is probably Scarf or Band version. It doesn't matter because I have Focus Sash. I start like I start almost every time; I'm gonna use Sword Dance.

Absol used Swords Dance.
Absol's attack was sharply raised.
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Absol lost 100% of its health.
Absol hung on using its Focus Sash!

Nothing special here. I used Sword Dance like I said and Metagross hammered me with Meteor Mash. I was faster which is good thing to know if Metagross try to finish me with Bullet Punch.

Absol used Sucker Punch.
A critical hit!
Metagross lost 100% of its health.
ggGerbil's Metagross fainted.

Yes I was pretty lucky. But you mustn't forget Super Luck. It increases your critical hit chance by a one stage. Absol has done his job and is now ready to faint. Maybe I can hurt something else with Sucker Punch. We're going to see that after the break. (Wait, this isn't TV channel)

6-5 to Me

ggGerbil switched in Tyranitar

Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!

I wasn't happy when I saw Tyrannitar. I have only one Rock resist and nobody in my team resist Dark. My only choice is attack and hope that ggGerbil doesn't guess what I'm gonna do.

ggGerbil switched in Gliscor
Absol used Rock Smash.
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Gliscor lost 20% of its health.
Gliscor's defence was lowered.
Absol is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Dumbo's Absol fainted.

ggGerbil did the right choice and sent Gliscor to absorb my Rock Smash. +2 Attack + Critical Hit and still only 20% damage tells how good defences Gliscor has. Maybe I can threaten Gliscor with my next pokemon.

5-5

Dumbo switched in Mantine
ggGerbil switched in Vaporeon
Mantine used Confuse Ray.
Vaporeon became confused!

I didn't expect that ggGerbil leave his batman to take my Surf or Ice Beam so Confuse Ray was oblivious choice. Mantine movepool sucks so I didn't had many choices to choose. I thought that Confuse Ray can be annoying and it works like I wished.

Dumbo switched in Relicanth
Vaporeon is confused!
Vaporeon used Wish.
Vaporeon made a wish!

I hadn't better switch in's as Relicanth who is underrated pokemon. Recoiless Head Smash with over 300 attack can be very devastating. In the meantime Vaporeon decided to Wish. Only Gliscor has take some kind damage and he is good choice to absorb my likely Head Smash.

Vaporeon is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Vaporeon lost 5% of its health.
Relicanth used Waterfall.
Vaporeon restored 5% of its health.
The wish came true!

That didn't work. Good prediction by ggGerbil. This looks still great. Head Smash + Waterfall destroy 3/5 of his team and my Relicanth can Rest-Talk and only Tyrannitar can OHKO Relicanth with EQ, if he has it.

Vaporeon is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Vaporeon lost 5% of its health.
Relicanth used Head Smash.
Vaporeon lost 76% of its health.
Relicanth lost 10% of its health.

Yes you see. Vaporoen lost over 70% of its health. More than CB Salamences Dragon Claw does. This can be hard decision to ggGerbil. Is he gonna sacrifice Vaporeon or try he absorb my incoming Head Smash. Vaporeon has only 19% of its health left. All others have least 80% of their health left so what is going to happen?

ggGerbil switched in Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 55% of its health.

I'm impressed. Gliscor the one of most used Psychical walls take over 50% damage of my Head Smash. But what to do now? If he roost and I use Head Smash he takes only ~25% damage. But If I use Waterfall and he sends Vaporeon I just health him. Which would be the better opinion?

Gliscor used Roost
Gliscor restored 50% of its health.
Gliscor lost 27% of its health.

Umm, I maybe over predicted. Gliscor has now over 70% of his health back. But, I still can use Waterfall which maybe OHKO him. I'm not sure. I could try it...

Gliscor used Roost.
Gliscor restored 34% of its health.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 64% of its health.

It didn't OHKO sad but true. Gliscor could use Earthquake and finish me off but probably he just switch because he don't want to take the risk to get killed by my Waterfall. ggGerbil probably thinks it would be great time to play mind games and sent Vaporeon which would get healed by Waterfall.

ggGerbil switched in Vaporeon
Dumbo switched in Venomoth

I predicted correctly and was happy when I saw Vaporeon. I'm running the standard Tinted Lens Specs Venomoth who probably finishes ggGerbil's Vaporeon off. Bug Buzz is safe choice. Gliscor is surely 2HKOed by Bug Buzz, Tyrannitar too. There is always chance that he has Bug resist but now isn't time to fear that possibility.

Venomoth used Bug Buzz.
Vaporeon lost 19% of its health.
ggGerbil's Vaporeon fainted

gg ggGerbils's Vaporeon. You were annoying little dog.

5-4 to Me

ggGerbil switched in Tyranitar.
Venomoth used Bug Buzz.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 47% of its health.
Tyranitar used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Venomoth lost 88% of its health.
Dumbo's Venomoth fainted.

4-4

When I saw Tyrannitar I remember that I don't know his moveset. Is he CBTar, DDTar or maybe SpecsTar? Okay I was pretty sure that it wasn't SpecsTar. So probably I was facing Psychical Tar. Hopefully CB. After this turn I knew what kind of Tyrannitar I was facing. TyranniBoah with Fire Blast. Good thing to know.

Dumbo switched in Nidoqueen
ggGerbil switched in Cresselia
Nidoqueen used Earthquake.
Cresselia makes ground moves miss with Levitate!

My best bet to take Tyrannitar is Nidoqueen who has good defences and Stone Edge/Focus Punch resist. I had few choices here. Iirc my Nidoqueen set was Stone Edge/Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Toxic. Toxic would have been best choice because there was Gliscor still left and also another Ground resist/immunity. But I decided attack and I got punished.

Dumbo switched in Mantine
Cresselia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!

I was insecure what to do so I just sent Mantine to absorb the possible Ice Beam/Psychic. Reflect means that Relicanth can't sweep yet. I must wait few rounds before I send him.

Cresselia used Thunder Wave.
Mantine is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Mantine used Confuse Ray.
Cresselia became confused!

I thought this was the best choice. It would have been reckless to switch to something else to fear of Thunder Wave. Cresselia probably attack and I don't know what she is gonna use so I try my secret weapon.

ggGerbil switched in Clefable
Mantine is paralysed! It can't move!

Phew. My secret weapon is Wacan Berry + Mirror Coat. Mantine can probably take all Thunderbolts. Even some Stabbed ones. I was lucky and now it's time to get rid off that cute Clefable.

Clefable used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Mantine lost 52% of its health.
The Wacan Berry weakened Thunderbolt's power!
Mantine is paralysed! It can't move!

This wasn't my turn. Like I said my tactic was mirror Clefable's possible Thunderbolt back to him. But I had bad luck and now Mantine is ready to die. That was unfortunate but hey, this is pokemon.

It's super effective!
Mantine lost 16% of its health.
Dumbo's Mantine fainted.

4-3 to ggGerbil

There weren't anything I could do. Mantine was sitting duck with only 10-20% HP left and there wasn't good switch ins. Game is looking really tight in the moment.

Dumbo switched in Rotom
Rotom used Trick.
Rotom obtained Leftovers!
Clefable obtained Choice Specs!
Clefable used Ice Beam.
Rotom lost 62% of its health.

IMO this was good decision. Clefable lost his chance to health/use
Calm Mind. On the other hand Rotom lost 62% of his health and is now in pretty bad condition. I probably need to sacrifice my Rotom because I don't want risk my Relicanth.

ggGerbil switched in Gliscor
Rotom used Thunder Wave.
It doesn't affect Gliscor...

Right move on his part. I had to use Thunder Wave or Thunderbolt because I was expecting to get hitted by Clefables Ice Beam. Switching isn't good idea, because then Gliscor get full HP. I must just attack and see how much damage I can deal.

Rotom used Shadow Ball.
Gliscor lost 38% of its health.
Gliscor's special defence was lowered.
Gliscor used Roost.

I was rather lucky again. SDef drop means that Gliscor can't survive if I use Shadow Ball again. This isn't fun situation because there is always Tyrannitar who laught at my Shadow Balls and OHKO me with Dark Pulse/Crunch. But if I use now Thunder Wave or Thunderbolt and ggGerbil doesn't switch Gliscor get full HP.

ggGerbil switched in Tyranitar
Rotom used Shadow Ball.
Tyranitar lost 7% of its health.

I was afraid of this situation. Tyrannitar laughted to my Shadow Ball which did pitful damage. Rotom is screwed and I need to do something and fast. Thunder Wave is probably my best bet, because it can help me later in match.

Rotom used Thunder Wave.
Tyranitar is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Tyranitar used Substitute.
Tyranitar lost 25% of its health.
Tyranitar made a substitute!

Tyrannitar is now crippled and behing the Subsitute. Looks that Nidoqueen can handle Tyrannitar with Earthquake. I need just be careful with Cresselia and Gliscor switch ins. Yeah and sorry Rotom. I must sacrifise you.

Rotom used Thunderbolt.
The substitute took damage for Tyranitar!
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Rotom lost 38% of its health.
Dumbo's Rotom fainted.

4-2 to ggGerbil

Everything goes like I wanted. Like I guess Rotom's Thunderbolt didn't break Tyrannitar's sub. But it doesn't matter. Time to break that sub and kick Tyrannitars ass like Mongolian Ass kicker.

It's super effective!
Tyranitar's substitute faded!
Tyranitar used Crunch.
Nidoqueen lost 30% of its health.
Nidoqueen's defence was lowered.

Nothing special here. I just the broke the Tyrannitar's sub and he hit me with his sharp teeth. That -1 Def doesn't matter, because I can take another Crunch and then send Tyrannitar to his grave. I did little mistake here, but only little.

Nidoqueen's attack missed!

Yes I forgot Cresselia and Gliscor swich ins and blindly used Earthquake. Now is time to Toxic that thingy, because ggGerbil likely think that I switch again and that's why I'm predicting Reflect.

Cresselia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Nidoqueen used Toxic.
Cresselia was badly poisoned!

This way it indeed had to go. I took abreast risk and it was worth it. Without Rest-Talk, Cresselia dies fast to Toxic damage.

Cresselia used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 53% of its health.
Nidoqueen used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

Stupid move on my part. Very stupid. This can help me little, but it wasn't worth it, because now Tyrannitar can be problematic. Relicanth can maybe handle him at least I hope so. Time to send my superhero fish, Relicanth!

Dumbo switched in Relicanth
Cresselia used Psychic.
Relicanth lost 19% of its health.

Thanks to Sandstorm Relicanth got one more chance to get in, Rest and then sweep after Cresselia dies.

Cresselia used Psychic.
Relicanth lost 21% of its health.
Relicanth used Rest.
Relicanth fell asleep!
Relicanth restored 80% of its health.

I'm big favourite now. Relicanth can handle all three: Clefable, Tyrannitar and Gliscor. Toxic handles Cresselia and then I have already won. My biggest headache is Tyrannitar. If he gets Subsitute up I probably lose.

ggGerbil switched Gliscor
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
Relicanth is fast asleep!
Relicanth used Sleep Talk.
Gliscor lost 26% of its health.

Right move by ggGerbil. Reflect soften my Head Smash so much that it didn't kill Gliscor. I keep Talking and try to deal so much damage I can. Gliscor probably Roost so I can kill him when Reflect ends.

Gliscor used Taunt.
Relicanth fell for the taunt!
Relicanth is fast asleep!
Relicanth used Sleep Talk.
Relicanth can't use Sleep Talk after the taunt!
Gliscor's reflect wore off!

Wierd. Roost or Earthquake would have been better. If he would have been used Earthquake, he would have get 33% chance to win this match. Next Waterfall finishes him off.

Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Relicanth lost 47% of its health.
Relicanth woke up!
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 41% of its health.
ggGerbil's Glicor fainted.

3-2 to ggGerbil

Relicanth has 100 base HP and 130 base Defence so he surprising sturdy and easily take Gliscor's Stab Earthquake. There wasn't anything surprising. I killed Gliscor like I thought. Now there is Tyrannitar, Clefable and Cresselia left. Tyrannitar gets killed by Nidoqueen, Clefable can't kill both of Nidoqueen or Relicanth and Tyrannitar is paralysed and is OHKOed by Nidoqueen's EQ and Relicanth's Waterfall.

ggGerbil switched in Clefable.
Pointed stones dug into Clefable
It doesn't affect Nidoqueen...

Relicanth is more important than Nidoqueen, because he takes hits better and OHKO Tyrannitar. ggGerbil didn't predict my switch in right so I was in great situation. Carelessly I thought that ggGerbil is gonna sacrifise her Clefable and I used Earthquake. Stupid mistake by my part.

Pointed stones dug into Cresselia
Cresselia lost 12% of its health.

Cresselia has only 10% health left. Time to finish her off.

Cresselia used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 53% of its health.
Nidoqueen used Stone Edge.
A critical hit!
Cresselia lost 0% of its health.
ggGerbil's Cresselia fainted.

2-2

Cresselia is knock out and now there is only Clefable and Tyrannitar left. I must kill Tyrannitar before he kills me, because then Clefable can use her Specs Thunderbolt, which do heavy to Relicanth. I must pray that Earthquake OHKOs Tyrannitar.

ggGerbil switched in Tyranitar.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 31% of its health.

Awwww! I't didn't OHKO Tyrannitar, but WTF happened?

Tyranitar is paralysed! It can't move!

Turntable of this match! Awesome luck, awesome paralysis! I'm not exactly sure how much HP Nidoqueen had left, but probably under 30%. Without that paralysis I would have been lost. But hey, the match isn't over. There can happen unbeliable things. Good-bye Tyrannitar. You were dangerous.

It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 16% of its health.
ggGerbil's Tyranitar fainted.

2-1 to Me

ggGerbil has one pokemon left: Clefable. Can she get Critical Hit and knock off my Relicanth? Or can my Relicanth take the heat and headbutt Clefable to hell? Let's see what happen.

ggGerbil switched in Clefable
Clefable lost 14% of its health.
Clefable used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 26% of its health.
Dumbo's Nidoqueen fainted.

1-1

The momentum of match. I must kill Clefable to win this match. Relicanth need to take one Ice Beam, then Rest and use Head Smash two times. Then the game is over and I'm the winner.

Dumbo switched in Relicanth.
Clefable used Ice Beam
Relicanth lost 12% of its health.
Relicanth used Rest.
Relicanth fell asleep!
Relicanth restored 80% of its health.

There wasn't emergency. I had 32% of health left and Clefables Ice Beam did only 12%. Critical Hit or not I would have been survived. After that Ice Beam I just Rest and used Sleep Talk. First time it picked Head Smash which missed and then it picked Waterfall, which did 37%. And now the final turn of this great, tight battle. GG ggGerbil!

Relicanth woke up!
Clefable lost 49% of its health.
ggGerbil's Clefables fainted.
Dumbo wins!

1-0 to Me.

I won the match! It was tight and very interesting to play. Thank you ggGerbil for the great match. Now the Props and Slops:

Props:

* A
bsol gave me the best start I could get.
* Rotom ruined Clefable and Tyrannitar. Two big things in this match.
* Nidoqueen which killed Tyrannitar and toxiced Cresselia and made sure that Clefable can't finish me with Thunderbolt.
* Relicanth who did terrific job killing Clefable and Gliscor
* ggGerbil who was awesome battler.
* Match wasn't haxy.

Slops:

* M
antine wasn't really useful. All he did was used Confuse Ray few times.
* Venomoth which would have been very useful but did only pitful 47% to Tyrannitar

Thanks for reading this Warstory and please post your comments. :toast:
Nothing else to say.

I love playing UU vs. OU in Shoddy.
Great warstory. Hopefully more people will see Relicanth's/Nidoqueen's potential.

Oh yes I remember this battle very well indeed despite it happening six months ago. You don't forget losing to a UU team very easily!

Anyways this was a fun battle, although very haxy (crits everywhere, but half of them weren't necessary). To be honest at the time I didn't create my team with Relicanth in mind, which is kinda sloppy for a high ranked player but all credit to you for utilizing it effectively against me.

Truth be told I gave up OU months ago when Wobbuffet was introduced (I do play primarily for fun after all) and stopped playing Ubers a couple of weeks ago, although I'll probably return to that sometime soon. I currently play a lot of UU so I hope we get to battle sometime if you still play.

Great job on the warstory!

Ah, another one who uses UUs against OUs! That already increases my respect for you!

Great match, too. I <3 Relicanth and Absol leads.
You were pretty reckless sometimes there, but I guess that helped you win, even if you used like 3 EQs on Cresselia.

I like reading UU vs. OU warstories as it shows that UU pokemon can overcome the big/common threats that OU presents such as Tyranitar and Metagross. I also liked seeing the beginning of the match where your Absol KO'ed the opponent's Metagross, that was the lol moment of the match for me:) Good job!

I love playing UU vs. OU in Shoddy.
Great warstory. Hopefully more people will see Relicanth's/Nidoqueen's potential.
Yes, I agree with you. Both of them are great pokemons. Nidoqueen has awesome typing and good defences. It's good Heracross counter and can counter Lucario too. Absorb Toxic Spikes, Phazer, Stealth Rock etc.

Relicanth can be very dangerous with Rock Polish, Waterfall, Earthquake and Head Smash or he can absorb the hits with my Sleep Talk set. In Sandstorm he takes hit on both spectrum which can be helpful.

Oh yes I remember this battle very well indeed despite it happening six months ago. You don't forget losing to a UU team very easily!

Anyways this was a fun battle, although very haxy (crits everywhere, but half of them weren't necessary). To be honest at the time I didn't create my team with Relicanth in mind, which is kinda sloppy for a high ranked player but all credit to you for utilizing it effectively against me.

Great job on the warstory!
Yes, hahahah. It isn't very flattering to lose somebody who uses UUs against OUs, but I was lucky and you didn't have dragons (I don't have steel type) But the battle was very intresting kudos to you.

Yes there where lot of hax, but they weren't so necessary like you said. Only first CH and Tyrannitar's paralysis were important. Like I already said Relicanth can be dangerous. Especially when facing Sandstorm teams.

Ah, another one who uses UUs against OUs! That already increases my respect for you!

Great match, too. I <3 Relicanth and Absol leads.
You were pretty reckless sometimes there, but I guess that helped you win, even if you used like 3 EQs on Cresselia.
Yes. Absol lead is rather meh. But it's fun to use because I run Magic Coat which is fun move to use. (Mirroring those Butterfree's Sleep Powders etc.)

First time, when I used EQ and ggGerbil sent Cresselia it was okay. Second time I would have used Toxic. Third time I know that Cresselia dies to toxic, (But he didn't. :pirate:) So I take the risk and used Earthquake.

Thanks for all comments. Keep writing babies!

At the end I didn't understand why clefable used ice beam on relicanth, but then I remembered tricspecs rotom. Nice match, good commentary.

Wow, great warstory. Well done beating OUs with UUs too :)

Gliscor used Roost
Gliscor lost 27% of its health.

I laughed a bit at this point, since I always (well, most of the time) end up mispredicting these situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)