Big First Official Smogon Mafia Game: Metagame Mafia - Game Over - Anything Goes Wins!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
F-oh-ex
you can edit bc this is OC, not NOC, so a lot of discussion doesn't go on in the thread but in the IRC/PS channels or PM between ppl. so editing isn't really that much of a big deal, whereas in NOC it is because you can remove scumbuddying or scumslips retroactively.
so it's fine

also the ho-oh claim isn't a real claim just funny af

Yeti

dark saturday
Hold off on editing posts until Sam gives an official opinion.

Lynch posts at the very least should always be in a new post.
i asked and he said no editing so i told him to add it to the rules or make an official announcement.

so thats fair no editing im not fussed either way tbh lol

Believe her due to interactions via OC and way she handled claims and such. It's also like an incredibly provable role and we only need to start worrying if neither of the two die for a looonngggg time.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Hey guys, special request from your friendly neighborhood cohost:

Everyone should send an action PM this cycle, even if they're idling or don't technically have an action.

This'll help us keep track of who all is actively participating in the game.

ty and glhf!

Believe her due to interactions via OC and way she handled claims and such. It's also like an incredibly provable role and we only need to start worrying if neither of the two die for a looonngggg time.
Ok the first part comes with experience as a player, I put Yeti on being careful with her words and the way she handles claims as any alignment here.

Secondly if all of our info gets leaked to the mafia NOW then if we wait for a while and neither die it's too late

That said I expected this from the way she acted during signups, like she requested a Village Leader role. The obvious fear is if she acted that way to posture and get early claims but I'm tempted to believe a mason claim for now, at least enough to give out my role name. If your rolename represents a very distinct niche as pokemon(Specifically if you are only known for setting status since we know what that does), I would urge you to be cautious, however a lot of the calculus of what abilities and moves do can only be effective when the leader gets a significant number of full claims.

The safest part of this claim is how provable a successor is once she dies, so it's higher risk higher reward for a longer lasting, more mole proof village leadership. Presumably in the coming days as inspectors or whatever weird roles could fit into a game like this(Type checkers, move/ability checkers) either confirm her and lay low or out a lying Yeti and find people they can trust, we'll be in a better position to discuss how we organize.

Belated good luck here. Happy to finally be in a Smogon Big (TM).

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Question to any and all players in the game:

Do you believe Yeti's claim? Why or why not? There is no wrong answer.
I mean I guess I believe her, there's no reason not to. I feel like there's no good reason for any bad guys to claim a mason-like role this early in the game. So yeah I'm going to lean towards the side of believing Yeti's claim.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

As farfetched my theory is, I'm a bit suspicious about US of all people including a blatant village leader role, that the mafias would be too afraid to eliminate. Now onto said theory, this is Smogon Metagame mafia, all our factions and roles are based on that, and said metagame is SINGLES! Yet these are two mons designed solely for doubles, most people have their bets on Mega Ray as the wolf, but I'd like to pick this dark doubles horse myself.

Naturally it could also be US is stupid(leaning this one). Yeti also has a disdain towards neutrals and claims to have requested not to be one, so there is that, depends on how much US budged(considering I'm not a dog, fuck US). It is a fairly simple request to fulfill. Also I highly doubt she could be mafia false claiming, mostly because I think she'd make someone else do this not herself.

All in all I'm on the fence, and leaning towards trusting her if only so that she doesn't have an excuse to lynch me for not claiming.

So, haven’t read through the chat yet… are we really supposed to catch up with that chat? Guess not. Anyway, caught up with the thread, though!

I kinda don’t like how the wagon on thetwinmasters formed this quickly; especially after it was noted that all of it was a joke.

Leaning towards yes but not sure yet.
Not going to reveal what exactly I did when it comes to claiming to her.
idk exactly how this works but i think i'm supposed to just vote thetwinmasters
may I ask why are you supposed to just do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)