Big First Official Smogon Mafia Game: Metagame Mafia - Game Over - Anything Goes Wins!

vote praj.pran

Anyone else have the suspicion that this might have been planned to avoid a Macle lynch? Would that be a thing to keep Macle and his role alive for a night? Maybe to preserve an item? I'm just curious. Having that conversation with Yeti is pretty egregious. Like... even for someone who is new to mafia and is playing for the first time...

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
vote praj.pran

Anyone else have the suspicion that this might have been planned to avoid a Macle lynch? Would that be a thing to keep Macle and his role alive for a night? Maybe to preserve an item? I'm just curious. Having that conversation with Yeti is pretty egregious. Like... even for someone who is new to mafia and is playing for the first time...
[23:09] +champyeti: maybe this is a mafia ploy by macle's team
[23:09] +champyeti: to sacrifice their worst role
[23:09] +champyeti: and buy their sleeper more time
[23:10] +champyeti: or maybe he is truly next level jester
[23:10] +champyeti: i commend this set up any way it goes

it is sort of REALLY weird he has almost the same conversation on his side with Memoric and there is a third user that he claimed Starmie to as well.

also unvote macle
vote praj.pran
since i didnt unvote before

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
vote praj.pran

Seems like a pretty inefficient mafia move. It's not like we will completely forget about macle after.

Well if macle is their best role or whatever it keeps him alive for possibly more days, there's a decent chance any kind of info role finds a (maybe not as useful) mafia which we might lynch as a guaranteed mafia rather than take a chance on macle

I don't think that anyone could be that clueless to claim mafia to a village leader as well as randoms. Personally I would just rather lynch macle, he just seems to have given up and if both praj and macle are mafia sleeper would probably be more important than praj's role. I'm fine with praj dying here but it seems like bait and getting rid of the sleeper would be much better. Worst case scenario we can just lynch praj tomorrow

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think that anyone could be that clueless to claim mafia to a village leader as well as randoms. Personally I would just rather lynch macle, he just seems to have given up and if both praj and macle are mafia sleeper would probably be more important than praj's role. I'm fine with praj dying here but it seems like bait and getting rid of the sleeper would be much better. Worst case scenario we can just lynch praj tomorrow
I would never bet against you on this and I'm 50/50 on you being right. it strikes me as supremely weird that praj goes to 3 different people (myself being the third, maybe even more who haven't spoken up yet), drops the 'gem of the sea' hint to all three who call him out as starmie, then finally I propose this lynch.

perhaps the mafia have an inspection falsification role and will be able to make macle look like parasect tonight? or can otherwise protect him so that no definitive information can be gained and his death is further stalled. they're possibly even hedging their bets that villagers find the other mafia (seemingly ubers) or another member of their own team, delaying macle's death even more. a real Interesting play if so.

or... maybe praj just didn't understand 'the game' and herped up claiming starmie to 3 people. dunno. it's hard to say. let's see how he flips and what other results come from c1 and go from there, unless the majority of the game is EXTREMELY insistent on lynching macle c1. i think praj is the safer choice to lynch today but this is a really fishy circumstance.

i have been the Expert on several mafia teams (almost always with lightwolf rofl) in bigs and smalls and the FIRST thing i say to newbies i am meant to train is "don't talk to strangers" because the mafia have fewer people and thus more to lose by someone accidentally spilling the beans. so if praj IS mafia, he either neglected to read his team's communications warning him against claiming an OU pokemon (starmie..... it's not like he said staryu, he said 'gem of the sea' which is starmie then confirmed he did mean starmie, not staryu) or just.. y'know.. claiming to 'random' people like the other 2 he did and/or me as well, OR, was told to do this. i am either supremely disappointed in the guidance of the Expert(s) on praj's team or very impressed with their balls to sacrifice their own newbie to save their sleeper. or praj really did just have no clue wat do and never read anything from his team trying to explain rofl.

as an aside, I think the What is even going on in this forum? Click here if you're new. thread we have is ineffective. a lot of newcomers have a lot of questions about the game which I am happy to answer as are others or are caught off guard by a. the sheer number of players b. the sheer number of power roles. imo the mods/cces may want to relook at this thread and see if it is truly communicating 'wat do' as effectively as it should be, or if the information there is really what newbies are looking to learn.

if any first timers to the game have things they would really like to see in an introductory thread so they can better understand our terms (especially the current incarnations of them) please do let us know!! circus regulars will be happy to answer your questions as well but obviously those in game may have biased answers. perhaps a breakdown of a past game explaining why unclesam stepped up to lead, how he got cleaned, how he cleaned other people, and how he scumhunted (because he leads half the villages rofl) and where he misplayed then blamed the host got unlucky?

anyway i am slep now, direct all inquiries to my smogon pm. i will return before deadline to hand out any additional targets if you're lookin for em or generally talk game.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
lol what surely this is a troll from praj pran? it certainly looks like he is trying to get lynched and using his gimmick smogon attitude to succeed in this. i could be wrong, of course, and he could just be getting fucked by his team n1 to save macle or he is just being new/retarded.

w/e i think we should just let him die anyway, as i've said before no lynch is always wrong. i won't be swapping my vote tho because he is gonna get majority, so just in case he has some mental role which affects people who have voted him (destiny bond?) because it really does look like he is trying to get lynched.

unvote macle

unvote thetwinmasters
vote praj.pran

The thing about this is that praj.pran is a clever guy, and I wouldn't put it past him to be trolling whatsoever. That said, he may or may not know how to play mafia, or he might have just joined to troll, or both. If he joined to troll and doesn't know how to play, then revealing his role to everyone he can is his way of "trolling" and going out with an unimpressive bang Cycle 1. If he joined to troll and knows how to play, he's just being a shitter, I guess. In any case, it'd be safe to just remove him rather than whatever rando bandwagon was started before on macle. It's always best to follow up on likely claims than gut feelings in such an early Cycle, so I support this over nl/macle any day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)