flash games - mark 2

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Rapidly tapping the arcade pad while playing Raiden Fighters gives you a rush though.

Would Super Metroid have been better if you just casually held down the attack button? No, it was as awesome as it was because as this giant dragon like alien pounded you into walls you had to mash on that button like it meant life or death.

That said I do not want to pound on my keyboard like I would a controller or an arcade pad.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Shit like "The Scale of the Universe" has never failed to humble and freak me out, no matter how many times I see stuff like that.

Epic Coaster

pretty standard one button jump-and-dont-fall-in-the-holes game, but with lots of extras. This is the game I play when I really need a break from something else/when I am bored. Not for people sensitive to sudden light flashes though =/ Also, may cause frustration.

EDIT: Yes I realize now that I should've used the search button first.. oh well.

Here's another game, Impasse

It's a great puzzle game, that starts off quite easy to let you get the hang of it, and becomes incredibly difficult in the later levels. Really requires you to think outside the box

Hello Worlds! is another one I like. It's a puzzle platformer with a twist. a huge twist x)

Also, this has probably been mentioned, but I really like the Robot wants ... series

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This is the thread where the morons who posted the closed topics on the front page of the forum can post their shit. Seeing as how I found this on Page 14 or some shit like that, though, no wonder they didn't know. :evan:

Zombotron. You are a robot, you shoot zombies. Interesting destructible maps, dozen or so weapons, high scores. Definitely my favorite Flash game.

Better than that POS Voxatron

Retime MMORPG

It's an up-and-coming browser-based Flash-based online game. Right now it's low budget and the playerbase is small but what it lacks in some areas it definitely makes up for in others. It's mostly combat based but the skill system is so extensive and the combat system is also great once you warm up to it. Trying it out won't hurt but I won't expect many people to love it

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Kingdom Rush and Gemcraft are definitely some of the best TD I have ever played and I don't just mean in a flash game, sorry if this is a repost.

Oh and on a very different note the highly story-driven game PRIOR was written so well it made me want to shit myself/piss myself/cry in a corner for hours so you should definitely check it out! (there are three alternate endings but unlocking all three only takes ~45 min total if you really suck at video gaming so yeah go get all three)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
You know, I was just thinking of reviving this too since I started digging into my backlog again. And by backlog I mean "top rated games on Kongregate since I last stopped playing." Anyway, here are some of the better games I've run into lately:

Infinite Monkeys Bending Reality - A short puzzle platformer where you're a test monkey(s) in an experiment. Use your ability to bend reality to reach one of four endings and do some other platform game-type stuff (like collect things).

The Soul Driver - Make your getaway by reaching the Mexican border! Side-scrolling driving game, like one of them running games kinda except it's broken into segments and there's an actual ending.

Wasted Youth, Part 1 - An adventure-RPG game, you're a kid who just arrived at a boarding school for troubled youngsters. Everything seems pretty normal at first, you get to know everyone and do some quests and stuff, but then kids start to go missing and shit gets scary. As the name implies, half of a game that isn't quite done yet. ;[ I want the second part.

Paul & Percy - A straight-up puzzle game, you control two British doods who get all their biscuits/cookies stolen and set off to retrieve them. o_q Unique perspective but otherwise it's pretty standard puzzle fare, rather well-polished though. Also apparently it's an iPad game.

Snailiad - An adventure platformer, Metroidvania sort of deal where you control a snail set off to rescue his friends steadily disappearing from town. Collect power-ups, find secrets and deliver justice to the malelovent force behind the abductions!

Super Mario Bros. Flash - Not actually a Flash version of SMB1, despite what the title screen looks like. It takes elements from all the early Mario platformers and sticks them in a unique package of its own levels. More difficult than any of the official games, not on the same level as some of the super-duper-tough stuff that seem to be more popular these days though.

Nothing super amazing revolutionary but I've hit some decent stuff lately.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I bring to you more stuff.

Escape from Puppy Death Factor - Metroid with a dog with a warp gun. Collect power-ups and rescue your fellow mutts before making your way to the boss... or don't!

Frantic Frigates - An arena shooter with pirates on the high seas. You probably won't make it through on the first try! Gets progressively easier as you earn experience for playing and level up, allowing you to start with more $$$.

Gluey 2 - A matching puzzle game with fluid blobs instead of static blocks. It's not very difficult but they throw a few wrenches at you to keep things fun, good music too.

Saving the Company - A very short puzzle platformer but it's a worthwhile few minutes.

Creeper World: User Space - User-submitted levels for the RTS game Creeper World. Keep the blue goop at bay long enough to activate the warp totems and get the hell out! Challenging enough but not too difficult if you just want to beat the levels, high scores are another matter. This is such a well-done "demo" that it almost makes me actually want to buy the retail desktop version. There's a second game out now too but hey, I'm not that far along in my backlog yet to have seen/played it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)