Floatzel

tehy

Banned deucer.
Damp rock doesn't boost surf specifically, it boosts rain dance's duration.

Besides, that set gets laughed at by any water-type, so maybe change out focus blast for a hidden power? Granted, it's got low base power, but you should just be surfing those steels anyways.

Crucially, Focus Blast deals significant damage to Ferrothorn, which is incredibly useful since Floatzel lures him in so easily. Plus, a super-effective Hidden Power only hits pure Water types for 17% more damage than a neutral Focus Blast, so super-effectiveness is moot.

Plus it deals with Empoleon in UU, and Ferroseed and such in RU.

son, if you knew me you would know 2000 of my posts are either lame jokes, stupid shit, wrong info or a combination of those.

of course Focus blast is the best option but its not like any of them are actually great.

While this thread's still necro'd I'd like to share this:

Floatzel (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Water Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Return / Crunch
- Taunt
- Switcheroo

Floatzel got Water Veil so why not abuse it a little? While this looks like a set to be abused on a Rain team, I've actually found it more effective against Rain. Nothing on a Rain team likes having it's item taken away and especially if it's replaced by a status orb. Politoed gets burned with no Leftovers so you're going to win the weather war nearly guaranteed as Politoed has to switch in & out with an incurable Burn. Toxicroak switches into Waterfall and laughs only to find itself crying the next turn as his Lunch gets stolen and replaced by a nasty orb. Tentacruel gets entirely shut down by Taunt & Flame Orb. Dragonite hates having it's Multiscale entirely nullified. Crunch is for Starmie & Jellicent, Return is for everything else. Brick Break for Ferrothorn if you really want to, I'd just Switcheroo or Taunt then get the hell out, but it's your call.
This looks like a rather neat set, but its basically a 1-time Will-o-Wisp though. Better than nothing and better than Psycho Shift Sigilyph in that the opponent doesn't even know there's a Flame Orb.

Also, Floatzel still sucks anyway with or without Politoed, given the better options like Kingdra, and it doesn't really mind SwSw's nerf as it already has rather overkill speed.

tehy,

Damp Rock boosts Rain Dance, and Rain Dance boosts Surf for 8 turns. I think everyone knew that by now.
EV spreads of 255/255 waste 4 EV's, which are better than nothing when placed in another stat such as HP. I thought everyone knew that by now (especially you, because someone else and I have already replied to your sets with "Oh, but you're wasting 4 EV's with that spread").

Also, you worded it incorrectly - you said "Damp Rock boosts Surf further" which implies that you thought Damp Rock acted as a Splash Plate.

As for Floatzel, I've unfortunately not tried him as of yet. I only have a Swift Swimmer, with the Bulk-Up Baton Pass set. It worked quite well last generation in NU/UU, and the only things I can imagine that will hurt its effectiveness in this generation's to-be NU will be the fact that Huntail will likely be allowed in that tier, and although Huntail has lower Speed, he does have nearly the same coverage as Floaty while having higher Defense, not to mention that I'd much rather pass a Shell Smash than a Bulk Up.

I've been using the CB WV set, and i must say it's amazing, really. I use it on my rain team, and it punches holes with waterfall. After the first time, if they send in a wall that hates being choice locked, the next time i send floaty in, I Switcheroo.

It works almost every time xD.

I affectionately call Focus Blast "Focus Miss" in my head. However in reality, it is a pretty good move, especially on threats like Sheer Force Nidoking.

20 CREME FILLED DONUTS!

And that's the song of 20!

If you want, the chef can fall down the stairs at the end of the song if you know what I'm referencing.

Seriously, the only way to increase the accuracy of Focus Blast without having to resort to Lens items is Minimize, Acupressure, and I think one more.

--------------------------------
Team Rocket four seconds later!
:)

Foresight doesn't increase accuracy, it removes an opponent's evasion boosts. And allows normal/fighting moves to hit ghosts.

Now all we need is a Pokemon that can learn those moves and use Focus Blast at the same time!

By the way, the thing about donuts was from Sesame Street. Seriously.
-----------------------------------------------------
Team Rocket evil incorp-

Yes, exactly.
------------------------------
Hmm.... We don't know what it is or what it does, so let's hit it with a hammer!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)